Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359420 times)
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:35:54 PM

Nah I think fonzie got it. A mega bull run to 1000's of dollars seems a bit unlikely right now :p

Another competition sounds great, I can pledge 100 CBX towards it if you come up with something (PM me).

I will donate 100 CBX to this as well Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:32:13 PM

Couple images for community use:

JustBob

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:51:25 PM

I started mining CGB back in 10/14 and got a handful of coins together in my wallet.
One day the wallet started throwing error messages.
Figured no problem. I'll just save the wallet.dat and reinstall.
Didn't work.

Neither did 1.1.67 nor does the latest version.
Got some exception thrown 3907(?) error.
Checked the forum here and was told "google is your friend"
checked google and got a lot of nothing.
Latest version throws multiple errors including a mingw  :assertion failed prevhash == nexthash on genesisblock: error (paraphrased from memory)
Still no working wallet.
Tried building it myself on my build environment straight from github......got a "missing right operand" error in kernel.cpp....still no working wallet.

A much older version built and ran on my linux box here.....but just like an awful lot of other POW/POS hybrids.....it didn't like NOMP's stratum implementation, so I couldn't add it to my pool server.

Cryptopia's pool goes flakey from time to time and doesn't see any miners and the blocksfactory has all of maybe 5 megs pointed at CBX. (incidentally still running version 1.1.67)
Diff is still down below 1.0 after 2 years so that means there's little to no miner interest in a quite promising coin.
I pointed some hash at it for a few days and got straight strings of consecutive blocks......close to two thousand blocks with only a handful of missing blocks that were found elsewhere.
They're sitting on an exchange now waiting to see if I can get a working wallet on any one of three computers I'm trying to bring it up on now for staking, or whether they get dumped.
The value seems to be holding, but there's really not enough volume to attract traders.....so it's almost dead on the exchanges too, again from lack of interest.

Hell....I even did a dead clean reinstall of win7pro, thinking maybe other crud on a, or a couple machines might be causing the issues.

How many other people are downloading the wallet and the bootstrap only to have it crash after two days of waiting, and then are saying......NEXT?

Throughout this and the other thread there's folks reporting similiar experiences, and they're not getting any answers.....so you can only assume they went elsewhere....is that what you want?.....an exclusive rather than inclusive coin........forget about a community, or a future if that's the case

Hate to say it guys....but you're not going to get the interest you want....regardless of how many giveaways and contests you offer, nor will CBX gain traction until you have a wallet that fires up and runs correctly, first time every time for Mom and Pop and the assorted miners and traders out there.....as there's too many coins out there for folks to choose from to spend days messing around trying get a wallet going to only to watch it crash n' burn, and then be told on the forum thread that google is your friend.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:27:16 PM

JustBob - I am not sure when you (or anyone else for that matter) were ignored when asking for CBX related technical assistance in this thread (or historical thread) - but if something was missed, I do apologize.

In order to clarify regarding your reported client issue, is the issue occurring when you bring in the old wallet.dat? Does the client work properly when using a newly generated wallet.dat?

JustBob

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:32:17 AM

First off, I'd like to say that I appreciate your prompt reply, as I "was" involved in mining CGB long ago, and would really like to take it up again.

And yes, I now have a 1.1.67 wallet running with a bare wallet.dat, (don't know about the latest version yet), I'll report back when the bootstrap is finished on that machine.
And to be quite frank.....I've tried so many times to get this beast up and running that I couldn't tell you straight off, which versions and combinations of version/wallet.dat throws which errors
Anyways on a more positive note, apparently my earlier posting attracted some attention, as there's a few  more folks on theblocksfactory tonight.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:09:37 PM

JustBob, it is sounding to me like you may have a corrupted wallet.dat causing an issue with compatibility. So you know and to put one thing to rest, raizor has done a phenomenal job with the new client and I am extremely proud of the product and its functionality. We will continue to evolve and improve the client, but I am confident new users of CBX are downloading and using a quality product and are not turned off or away by it (or by this community).

That being said, there is the issue at hand that you are experiencing. We will have to work you through this. First we need to identify the problem for certain though. Please make sure that the new client (without your old wallet.dat) is working properly for you as step one. Also, our back and forth communication will be easier and more effective via email if you don't mind. You can reach us directly at cryptobullion.io@gmail.com.

Thanks.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:12:47 PM

Nah I think fonzie got it. A mega bull run to 1000's of dollars seems a bit unlikely right now :p

Another competition sounds great, I can pledge 100 CBX towards it if you come up with something (PM me).

I will donate 100 CBX to this as well Smiley

Thanks. I got so many positive reactions that I made a new one. The old thread has been seen over 5,000 times so that's a bonus for CBX.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1012254.0

Your added prizemoney is appreciated. I will reserve a wallet for this, if anyone else likes to add some cbx:
CBX:  5nwaXu5fNSdkrcGcDxHrQmKupRfWN4g8Xz
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:15:30 PM

Excellent, I have sent the 100 CBX.

Lots of low ball guesses this time around I see. It's tempting to buck the trend and go big.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 10:46:37 PM

100 CBX donated to the cause. Thanks BTCat!

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:22:25 AM

100 CBX donated to the cause. Thanks BTCat!

Thanks a lot. Prize is worth $40 now Smiley
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:15:31 AM

I'm happy to announce we are working on a video for CBX (with an animator).
Here is a little teaser, we will add content that explains more of what CXB is and how to get involved.
Feel free to share it on your channels or website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zbfkLXef8

RT: https://twitter.com/CryptoBullionX/status/585007739367268352
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:32:44 AM

I'm happy to announce we are working on a video for CBX (with an animator).
Here is a little teaser, we will add content that explains more of what CXB is and how to get involved.
Feel free to share it on your channels or website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zbfkLXef8

RT: https://twitter.com/CryptoBullionX/status/585007739367268352

Great work BTCat! Video added to OP and posted to Reddit. Will incorporate it into the website as well.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 05:55:40 AM

hi guys, not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the wallet isn't liked by my antivirus, identified it as an IRC malware.  false positives i know but having to disable AV just to be able to open the wallet gets annoying fast, never had this problem before with the previous CGB wallet but have experienced it with a few other really old altcoin wallets where as i understand it occurs because of the IRC related code which is no longer present or different in latest bitcoin/altcoins code :\

also I tried to download the latest wallet from here http://cryptobullion.io/storage-use/ and after its downloaded chrome blocks and renames the file as it "may harm my browsing experience" Sad

all the efforts to promote will be wasted if users are unable to download and use it normally like any other altcoin walletqt :\

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
EMIF

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:29:36 AM

hi guys, not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the wallet isn't liked by my antivirus, identified it as an IRC malware.  false positives i know but having to disable AV just to be able to open the wallet gets annoying fast, never had this problem before with the previous CGB wallet but have experienced it with a few other really old altcoin wallets where as i understand it occurs because of the IRC related code which is no longer present or different in latest bitcoin/altcoins code :\

also I tried to download the latest wallet from here http://cryptobullion.io/storage-use/ and after its downloaded chrome blocks and renames the file as it "may harm my browsing experience" Sad

all the efforts to promote will be wasted if users are unable to download and use it normally like any other altcoin walletqt :\

I think it is not related with IRC , its because of less downloads from the website. Chrome just blocks them if the number of downloads are small or from an unknoen source (according to my experience).

Here is how you can close the warning. Take your own risk. If you do this and never set back to original settings , then you can install malware without notification.

The following steps will turn of phishing and malware warnings, as well as download warnings.
1-)In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
2-)Select Settings.
3-)Click Show advanced settings.
4-)Under "Privacy," uncheck the box "Enable phishing and malware protection."

digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:39:35 AM

I think it is not related with IRC , its because of less downloads from the website. Chrome just blocks them if the number of downloads are small or from an unknoen source (according to my experience).

Here is how you can close the warning. Take your own risk. If you do this and never set back to original settings , then you can install malware without notification.

The following steps will turn of phishing and malware warnings, as well as download warnings.
1-)In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
2-)Select Settings.
3-)Click Show advanced settings.
4-)Under "Privacy," uncheck the box "Enable phishing and malware protection."

Its not the website, as its hosted on mega.  also i dont have that option enabled and I download from mega frequently, its main file host i use.

BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
EMIF

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:51:50 AM

---------

Its not the website, as its hosted on mega.  also i dont have that option enabled and I download from mega frequently, its main file host i use.

Doesnt matter , I guess. I meant the website referring as where you are downloading from. So , even if its in mega, chrome behaves it "This is an exe , I should give some warning , It has been downloaded a few times or none! So ,I must keep away people from downloading it!"

BTW- If you cant see the setting for privacy , you can click show advanced settings. After that you should see privacy settings and untick the related part.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:53:46 AM

---------

Doesnt matter , I guess. I meant the website referring as where you are downloading from. So , even if its in mega, chrome behaves it "This is an exe , I should give some warning , It has been downloaded a few times or none! So ,I must keep away people from downloading it!"

BTW- If you cant see the setting for privacy , you can click show advanced settings. After that you should see privacy settings and untick the related part.

I have seen this occurrence in the past with different coins and always thought it to be a Chrome security feature as indicated by EMIF. Never had the issue with other browsers... Will do some testing this morning to try to replicate this as it is not ideal as digit has suggested. FWIW, just downloaded the Mac client on Chrome and no warning. Will get into PC testing at the office.
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:02:07 PM

I have seen this occurrence in the past with different coins and always thought it to be a Chrome security feature as indicated by EMIF. Never had the issue with other browsers... Will do some testing this morning to try to replicate this as it is not ideal as digit has suggested. FWIW, just downloaded the Mac client on Chrome and no warning. Will get into PC testing at the office.

The chrome thing just happened while i trying to transfer it over to virustotal from mega so i could post a result here, never seen it before, but just an additional thing that came up Cheesy  

anyhow Virustotal - the results here - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/af11104e7f653ca6dc0267573bff662a4172d7aa4a717cae1387b465d847fd81/analysis/
its results are looking better then the previous CBX release which had a higher number of products detect it, with this current release of CBX walletqt its only Kaspersky thats detects it as "Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.vit"

Kaspersky products i've been using for a long time along and many different wallets under it, and I can only recall a few of those ever got blocked, because of the IRC parts in the code in older bitcoin for finding nodes that made it seem like a trojan.
The previous CGB wallet worked without issue under kaspersky so i can only conclude its something new that been added in the IRC related parts of the code that Kaspersky doesnt like.  Its more an annoyance then a problem for me as i have to disable my AV everytime to run the wallet (actually even open the folder as kaspersky automatically quarantines it lol)
but something devs should be aware of.  If it were some unknown company antivirus it would prob not matter but this is Kaspersky so its ranks a higher what they think imho Wink

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:27:31 PM

The chrome thing just happened while i trying to transfer it over to virustotal from mega so i could post a result here, never seen it before, but just an additional thing that came up Cheesy  

anyhow Virustotal - the results here - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/af11104e7f653ca6dc0267573bff662a4172d7aa4a717cae1387b465d847fd81/analysis/
its results are looking better then the previous CBX release which had a higher number of products detect it, with this current release of CBX walletqt its only Kaspersky thats detects it as "Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.vit"

Kaspersky products i've been using for a long time along and many different wallets under it, and I can only recall a few of those ever got blocked, because of the IRC parts in the code in older bitcoin for finding nodes that made it seem like a trojan.
The previous CGB wallet worked without issue under kaspersky so i can only conclude its something new that been added in the IRC related parts of the code that Kaspersky doesnt like.  Its more an annoyance then a problem for me as i have to disable my AV everytime to run the wallet (actually even open the folder as kaspersky automatically quarantines it lol)
but something devs should be aware of.  If it were some unknown company antivirus it would prob not matter but this is Kaspersky so its ranks a higher what they think imho Wink

Noted. Great feedback, thanks! I will get with raizor on this and review/resolve.
raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:08:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up digit. I agree that it would be wise for us to try and avoid these false positives as disabling your AV software is a not a great long-term solution. If anyone has any info on other AV software that flags up the wallet, please could you list them here? I'll look into stopping this happening once we have a list I can test against. I've butted heads with these heuristics engines before (mainly with compressed executables), so I'm sure we can work out a solution. At the very least, we can look to provide a wallet with the IRC code removed, for those that wish to use it.

cheers,

raizor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: