Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:54:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359420 times)
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:30:24 AM

Like gold a metal only becomes precious due to it's features making many people and businesses wanting it.
It's pretty and shiney for use as jewelry, a huge market.
It's good for use in electronica that everyone uses, mobile phones, etc.

So for CBX to become more of a precious digital commodity the best would be to develop features in digital form that makes it wanted by many.

Therefor I would like to see tools developed that makes it easier to implement CBX into platforms. When businesses start to see the benefits of using CBX as a backbone then the coin has more reason to exist, more people will want it and the price will grow. 

Easy said  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:17:57 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 12:14:09 AM by digit

Great conversation occurring here!
Regarding blockchain bloat... CBX having been around for almost 2 years now combined with a one-minute target block time have made the CBX blockchain grow quickly. I think we do need to seriously consider slowing target block time to the 5-10 minute range while multiplying the PoW reward by the same factor to maintain equilibrium. CBX has been traditionally designed and targeted as more of a storage of wealth than a currency and if this direction is maintained, a further slowing of block generation time I feel is acceptable.

This is more in line with how i feel about it that we should have longer block times as its unnecessary for a store of wealth to be superfast transactions, and the 5-10 minute range sounds more sane Smiley

On that note, it seems the question of direction needs to be discussed. Do we want CBX to fight with the multitude of coins in the battle to be the every day spending medium or do we want CBX to continue to establish itself as the premier crypto-commodity (storage of wealth) / digital precious metal?

Store of wealth and rarity has always been the appeal of CBX to me.  but at current exchange rate on cryptsy is difficult for this image to be maintained, i've been buying up more the past few months and am really annoyed with the wallet situation on cryptsy that is preventing me from withdrawing to my wallet. I hav mentioned it more then a few times but Cryptsy really does not seem to place a priority on keeping their wallet systems up and working and as the general attitude of crypto users is such that the majority do not care about the actual wallet as long as they can keeping flipping their coins on cryptsy/exchanges.  The maintenance is also ridiculously low price on CGB and other coins in similar situation that have working wallets/blockchain but are stuck in maintenance hell on cryptsy.  It causes a loss of interest and prevents others from seeing as it a something more then just another altcoin :\

CBX is in a small club of altcoins that can after 2 years still has a REAL team and people behind it which is a rare thing, and gives me more confidence in holding CBX long term. Smiley

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:21:06 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 11:10:48 PM by Killiz

Evening all.
Good to see some serious discussion going on around here again. Elambert, Raizor, BTCat. Thanks for deciphering and contemplating my previous posts and throwing us some bone to chew on again, much appreciated I think it is, and will, prove to be a good move.

Quite a lot to read through since I was last here so picked out a couple of things I've skimmed from the surface.

First up, Funding

I think funding is definately a priority for the community to address. Some may disagree as to why they should fund something that has given them little to no return to recent date on monies invested. I argue that why a development team should spend time on something that gives them no financial support on time invested, and this is what we should be also investing in. We are honoured to have a team that sticks by their beliefs and visions for CBX, and have not deserted this coin long ago as a lost cause. So I've come up with a simple donation plan proposal.

In the past the CBX team have accepted donations solely in CBX. This is great as long as there is steadily increasing or stable and liquid value, as is sadly no longer the case at the moment.
I think the dev team should ask to accept donations in bitcoin and maybe more liquid crypto-currencies.
As an incentive to donate I recommend that any donations are to be split as follows, or something similar.

70% of the donation goes to the dev team.

20% goes on placing a support buy order on cryptsy at current level, 1 'CBXoshi'  Huh above the first and not moved to create buy support. Any CBX accumulated to be stored for the same reasons as stated below.

10% to be used to buy directly into sell orders. Any CBX accumulated to be stored for giveaways, contests or even a quarterly draw to win the accumulated pot of CBX.

Splitting donations up like this will support the team, price levels and buy support, giveaways and raffles.

I can give a little in BTC when paid at the end of every month. If more could do the same this could add up to make a hugely significant difference.

Jenna Jameson Dolls

I think the CBX core teams primary focus should be on the mass production and sale of Jenna Jameson Dolls for CBXXX.

Marketplace

Awesome idea. This could start right here, right now.
Do you want more CBX? Do you have an item or service you want to exchange for CBX? Post a description, picture and asking price. Let's get the marketplace rolling!

Currency or Commodity?

Commodity!

Blockchain bloat

I believe raising block times up to 10 mins between blocks would not be a problem whatsoever for CBX. Transactions are instant, and with a highly secure hybrid crypto like CBX, confirmation times are non important in theory. Raising the POW reward up to 10x accordingly would maybe attract more miners, even though inflation wouldn't be damaged, a higher reward always looks juicier.( What a strange word juicier is to look at don't u think, made me pull a face and think what the hell is that I've just wrote. Juicier, joooocier).

All other technical stuff I will leave for more qualified people to comment on.

Oh and I want to say a few words to those that only come here to read. I'm talking to you Mr and Mrs I've got nothing to say and no idea how to say it even if I did. Hello, how are you?  Grin One week ago we had 9486 thread views, we now have 10198. The number of visitors against the number of posts doesn't add up. Please spend a minute or two to voice your opinions and say hello, your support is greatly needed!

Killiz

raizor

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:21:40 AM

Evening all.
Good to see some serious discussion going on around here again. Elambert, Raizor, BTCat. Thanks for deciphering and contemplating my previous posts and throwing us some bone to chew on again, much appreciated I think it is, and will, prove to be a good move.

Quite a lot to read through since I was last here so picked out a couple of things I've skimmed from the surface.

First up, Funding

I think funding is definately a priority for the community to address. Some may disagree as to why they should fund something that has given them little to no return to recent date on monies invested. I argue that why a development team should spend time on something that gives them no financial support on time invested, and this is what we should be also investing in. We are honoured to have a team that sticks by their beliefs and visions for CBX, and have not deserted this coin long ago as a lost cause. So I've come up with a simple donation plan proposal.

In the past the CBX team have accepted donations solely in CBX. This is great as long as there is steadily increasing or stable and liquid value, as is sadly no longer the case at the moment.
I think the dev team should ask to accept donations in bitcoin and maybe more liquid crypto-currencies.
As an incentive to donate I recommend that any donations are to be split as follows, or something similar.

70% of the donation goes to the dev team.

20% goes on placing a support buy order on cryptsy at current level, 1 'CBXoshi'  Huh above the first and not moved to create buy support. Any CBX accumulated to be stored for the same reasons as stated below.

10% to be used to buy directly into sell orders. Any CBX accumulated to be stored for giveaways, contests or even a quarterly draw to win the accumulated pot of CBX.

Splitting donations up like this will support the team, price levels and buy support, giveaways and raffles.

I can give a little in BTC when paid at the end of every month. If more could do the same this could add up to make a hugely significant difference.

Jenna Jameson Dolls

I think the CBX core teams primary focus should be on the mass production and sale of Jenna Jameson Dolls for CBXXX.

Marketplace

Awesome idea. This could start right here, right now.
Do you want more CBX? Do you have an item or service you want to exchange for CBX? Post a description, picture and asking price. Let's get the marketplace rolling!

Currency or Commodity?

Commodity!

Blockchain bloat

I believe raising block times up to 10 mins between blocks would not be a problem whatsoever for CBX. Transactions are instant, and with a highly secure hybrid crypto like CBX, confirmation times are non important in theory. Raising the POW reward up to 10x accordingly would maybe attract more miners, even though inflation wouldn't be damaged, a higher reward always looks juicier.( What a strange word juicier is to look at don't u think, made me pull a face and think what the hell is that I've just wrote. Juicier, joooocier).

All other technical stuff I will leave for more qualified people to comment on.

Oh and I want to say a few words to those that only come here to read. I'm talking to you Mr and Mrs I've got nothing to say and no idea how to say it even if I did. Hello, how are you?  Grin One week ago we had 9486 thread views, we now have 10198. The number of visitors against the number of posts doesn't add up. Please spend a minute or two to voice your opinions and say hello, your support is greatly needed!

Killiz

Some great ideas there Killiz, thanks for taking the time to share them Smiley

The funding idea sounds great, and I think your proposed splits make a lot of sense. Increasing volume and maintaining/increasing current market price can't be a bad thing! Another option for handling future funding would be to cost out individual enhancements/new features and either raise funding directly on an item by item basis, or pull funding from a central pool.

CBXXX eh? Now there's an idea! haha. I'm still very excited about the thought of having a CBX marketplace. I've started putting together some rough ideas here, which I'll share once I've got them together. I think this could be pretty special.

As an aside, I've started incorporating IRC chat into the wallet. I think this will prove very useful for encouraging community growth and involvement. This will be included in the next wallet update Smiley

cheers,

raizor
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:13:20 AM

It would be great if CBX can have it's own revenue stream. Some small business to use for buybacks and fund development.
Donations can help but with regular profit we can keep it up longterm without asking too much from community.  

Example, we could add a page for advertisements on the website, perhaps not pretty but it even could be done in the wallet between newsflashes or pricequotes of coins.

btw. If people like to use CBX on a marketplace you can set CBX as payment method on Cryptopia. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlace
No idea if there are many buyers but at least it works.

I challenge you to list a Jenna Jameson.

snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:03:14 PM

Interesting ideas Smiley

With part of the funding going towards maintaining the market price, this could be done on exchanges other than Cryptsy...

Seriously though, Jenna is getting a bit long in the tooth even for an old timer like myself, I think Tori Black or Emma Mae might better appeal to the target demographic.
raizor

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:18:39 PM

Interesting ideas Smiley

With part of the funding going towards maintaining the market price, this could be done on exchanges other than Cryptsy...

Seriously though, Jenna is getting a bit long in the tooth even for an old timer like myself, I think Tori Black or Emma Mae might better appeal to the target demographic.

I just checked and she's 41! Man, that makes me feel old. She's still obsessed with chasing MMA fighters as far as I know. I remember reading recently that she's got her sights on Connor McGreggor. Hahaha, he'd better run...

You might be right about the target demographic Smiley

cheers,

raizor
raizor

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:20:55 PM

Would people be interested in having details of staked coins in the wallet GUI? By this I mean a display of how many CBX you've staked this session and in the last 7, 30 and 365 days. Perhaps also an 'average CBX staked per day' display too. It's something that I'd personally find useful. Thoughts? It should be fairly straightforward to add something like this.
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:59:18 PM

Would people be interested in having details of staked coins in the wallet GUI? By this I mean a display of how many CBX you've staked this session and in the last 7, 30 and 365 days. Perhaps also an 'average CBX staked per day' display too. It's something that I'd personally find useful. Thoughts? It should be fairly straightforward to add something like this.

Hi Raizor, yes I would like that - any room for a light weight chart/graph with this info? - with target banding so you can see if you are staking at the optimum rate - might encourage people to keep their wallets staking 24/7

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
raizor

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:20:08 AM

Hi Raizor, yes I would like that - any room for a light weight chart/graph with this info? - with target banding so you can see if you are staking at the optimum rate - might encourage people to keep their wallets staking 24/7

Hi FR, that sounds pretty neat. I'll bear that in mind (probably for revision 2). Thanks Smiley
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:03:59 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 10:14:59 AM by elambert

FYI - CBX wallet resync complete over at Cryptsy.

Grin

Killiz

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:29:50 AM

Grin

Excellent news!! Going over to withdraw, was getting a little worried they would be stuck there for a quite a while longer.

raizor

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:40:05 AM

Grin

Good news Elambert Smiley
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:42:27 PM

That took a lot longer than expected, good news though, thanks Elambert.
ShoeOnHead

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:51:08 PM

This is the new cgb? This coin was pretty cool when this was still a nice place to come.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 06:24:55 PM

This is the new cgb? This coin was pretty cool when this was still a nice place to come.

CGB is now CBX. Still pretty cool and still a nice place to come - welcome back!

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:08:36 AM

Just catching up...

* Killiz, thank you for the suggestions! We do have the CBX foundation donation address published, I will work on getting a BTC one as well.

* Seems there is support and no opposition to moving to 10 minute target block time?

* The community wants a Marketplace  Grin

As an aside, I've started incorporating IRC chat into the wallet. I think this will prove very useful for encouraging community growth and involvement. This will be included in the next wallet update Smiley

YES and YES! Think these are excellent features to add and can certainly help to encourage users to keep their Vaults running as FiniteRed pointed out. Remember to keep your Vaults 'unlocked for minting' though!

* I imagine Jenna Jameson to be one of those ladies that starts lots of fights between men, perhaps this is the root of her MMA attraction  Wink
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

CBX fallen back into maintenance again on Cryptsy, withdraw disabled Sad

I'm only making an assumption here but I believe reason its happened might be because of the dust inputs from a long period of staking and splits, that result in tx being to large and causing the wallet to fail when a large CBX withdrawal attempts to utilize too many of the dust inputs meet the requested amount.  

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:07:27 PM

I'm only making an assumption here but I believe reason its happened might be because of the dust inputs from a long period of staking and splits, that result in tx being to large and causing the wallet to fail when a large CBX withdrawal attempts to utilize too many of the dust inputs meet the requested amount.  

Reaching out to Cryptsy support, thanks for the heads-up.
Killiz

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:33:16 PM

Maybe the case. I've had quite a large withdrawal pending for a couple of days now. I made a tester withdrawal of 10 CBX before the large one and it came from a number of addresses each with around 1 or less CBX.

I recieved this response from cryptsy earlier today.

Hello,

We deeply apologize on the delay and for any issues that may have arisen due to this.

CBX coin wallet is still under maintenance and will try our best to have it back soon.

Our technical support team is currently working on this to upgrade and do whatever is necessary to keep these issues from happening again.

I apologize there is no estimated time given from our tech support. All transactions will be posted in order once wallet is up.

Sorry for the delay and thank you kindly for your patience. Will keep you posted as soon as its back online.

Sincerely,

Michelle

Cryptsy.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: