Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359442 times)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:04:52 AM

can someon eexplain the further use of CBX? Just holding value isnt a real use case. Everycoin could do this/or couldnt if it gets dumped. except you will do some heavy market manipulation you wont be able to gurantee a stable value arent you? (and if you are looking at graphs it doesnt seem stable at all^^)

Your question lies at the heart of all crypto from here on. Yes, it is simple and cheap to clone/copy any crypto coin, and thus coin supply is virtually unlimited when we take into account ALL the possible clones, so, how can any particular coin hold value? I think the answer is still uncertain, but the early adopters of these 1st & 2nd generation coins create the 'vibe', and if the 'vibe' is good, the network effect will take over, and the popular coins that hold their value become the popular coins that hold their value ... because, they're the popular coins that hold their value. I hope CBX is one of these 'popular' coins, but it isn't certain by any means, but the potential is there, because:

1- launch of CBX was fair with no 'smell' (like DASH or STEEM)
2- CBX usecase is clear and simple to explain (i.e. digital store of value, virtual precious metal), not trying to be everything, do one thing better than competition
3- PoSP is common sense, but so many other PoS coins don't use it (i.e. only get real inflation adjusted % if you help secure the network)
4- BPN's serve dual purpose, 1. secure the network , 2. limit liquid supply
5- CBX is +4 years old with active community & quality devs, and longevity in crypto is usually rewarded

ALL these factors encourage long term HODL, so the future network effect for CBX as a store of value is likely to be superior to many other cryptos, but obviously not certain.

Post BTC::BCH split we end up with four basic types of crypto:

1- currencies (like BCH)
2- commodities (like BTC)
3- platform tokens (like ETH)
4- app tokens (ERC20 Zoo)

CBX is a commodity, like legacy BTC - which one is more likely to x10 in 2018, BTC with a current MK of +190 billion USD, or CBX with a MK of 4-5 million USD?

Don't get me wrong, BTC is a better store of value today (has a much stronger network effect), but for new entrants into crypto who think 10k USD is expensive for bitcoin ... they can buy a similar 'digital gold' for $4-5, and CBX doesn't suffer all the governance issues of BTC, and isn't going to ever have an existential crisis over what it is ('am I a currency, or a commodity?'), CBX is a digital commodity, I don't think I'll ever use it to buy coffee, but maybe one day use it to buy something expensive, like a car or house or boat.

CBX has risk, but compared to most other crypto is still massively undervalued, so it's a great investment!

Would just like to say what a great post and answer to the question. Don't think anyone else could have said it any better.

Well merited and you can have an extra merit from me. +1 merit  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Killiz

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:30:29 AM

How are things going Development Team?

Any updates on development?

Any juicy gossip?
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

Any juicy gossip?

Ben will be posting an update soon....
Killiz

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:24:24 PM

Any juicy gossip?

Ben will be posting an update soon....

Great, thanks.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:14:46 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:31:52 PM by VonSpass
Merited by corather (50), Killiz (1)

Roadmap 2018 status report!

Hello everyone, I hope winter is going smoothly for all folks from the Northern Hemisphere, and as for the other side of the globe, enjoy your summer at its best!  Have you noticed, everytime I post a Roadmap update, I have some really good news, then also something disappointing. I swear I am not doing this on purpose! It's just how life goes in development and coding - certain things go better than expected, then some things which appear trivial at first glance end up being a complicated puzzle.

So here we are, as of today:

1) The staking roadblock is cleared - after removing the whole staking algo and putting in our new PoSP code, we have successfully staked a bunch of blocks with new codebase directly in live CBX blockchain; those who wish to see Vault 3 currently in action can check out this address https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/address.dws?5j8tTMcYEpKEThNpYyY1CXjN9aVKzwTd5X.htm As a hidden treat, Vault 3 was able to embed some text in its first succesful stake ever, for posterity: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/tx.dws?3484354.htm (Click on Raw Transaction)

2) With this achievement in mind, within 2 weeks, we will now be able to finally wrap things up and deliver a functional Vault 3.0.0 alpha; the good news with this version is many current bugs of Vault 2.4.3 will be fixed - so Vault 3 alpha will have all features of current Vault 2.4.3 (minus the bugs) however it will still not contain any code for BPNs yet. This Vault will have the new visual elements and use the new name, "Bullion".

3) About BPNs, which will be our interpretation of masternodes; things are moving ahead BUT as we are clarifying our own unique goals (emphasis on unique), we have come to realize that we have to recode everything. Our masternode system cannot be a simple copy-paste from other projects for a few reasons - one important reason is our concept of "queue" which does not exist anywhere else with PoS.

When someone signs up his 2000 CBX for a masternode, he enters a queue to become a BPN. If there are less than 125 BPNs active, his BPN becomes active quickly and starts to earn - if there are more than 125 BPNs, then the inactive BPN goes in a queue and does not earn until one of the 125 disconnects and frees up a spot.

4) New name, new logo: we need a new, more modern Bullion website! So we have purchased a new domain name, and work has started on the design of the new webpage. gatonegro97 has expressed his interest in helping us with this, and his experience in programming will be useful to create something original. Naturally we will put in all useful links on this page; if you have a special idea for this new website, please mention it here.

Welcome to gatonegro97 to the team for this project, and hopefully many more after that!
Killiz

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:33:25 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 12:52:03 PM by Killiz

Roadmap 2018 status report!

Hello everyone, I hope winter is going smoothly for all folks from the Northern Hemisphere, and as for the other side of the globe, enjoy your summer at its best!  Have you noticed, everytime I post a Roadmap update, I have some really good news, then also something disappointing. I swear I am not doing this on purpose! It's just how life goes in development and coding - certain things go better than expected, then some things which appear trivial at first glance end up being a complicated puzzle.

So here we are, as of today:

1) The staking roadblock is cleared - after removing the whole staking algo and putting in our new PoSP code, we have successfully staked a bunch of blocks with new codebase directly in live CBX blockchain; those who wish to see Vault 3 currently in action can check out this address https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/address.dws?5j8tTMcYEpKEThNpYyY1CXjN9aVKzwTd5X.htm As a hidden treat, Vault 3 was able to embed some text in its first succesful stake ever, for posterity: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/tx.dws?3484354.htm (Click on Raw Transaction)

2) With this achievement in mind, within 2 weeks, we will now be able to finally wrap things up and deliver a functional Vault 3.0.0 alpha; the good news with this version is many current bugs of Vault 2.4.3 will be fixed - so Vault 3 alpha will have all features of current Vault 2.4.3 (minus the bugs) however it will still not contain any code for BPNs yet. This Vault will have the new visual elements and use the new name, "Bullion".

3) About BPNs, which will be our interpretation of masternodes; things are moving ahead BUT as we are clarifying our own unique goals (emphasis on unique), we have come to realize that we have to recode everything. Our masternode system cannot be a simple copy-paste from other projects for a few reasons - one important reason is our concept of "queue" which does not exist anywhere else with PoS.

When someone signs up his 2000 CBX for a masternode, he enters a queue to become a BPN. If there are less than 125 BPNs active, his BPN becomes active quickly and starts to earn - if there are more than 125 BPNs, then the inactive BPN goes in a queue and does not earn until one of the 125 disconnects and frees up a spot.

4) New name, new logo: we need a new, more modern Bullion website! So we have purchased a new domain name, and work has started on the design of the new webpage. gatonegro97 has expressed his interest in helping us with this, and his experience in programming will be useful to create something original. Naturally we will put in all useful links on this page; if you have a special idea for this new website, please mention it here.

Welcome to gatonegro97 to the team for this project, and hopefully many more after that!

Thanks Ben.

Welcome gatonegro97

I have a few questions.

1. So from what you have said, can we expect to have a new vault release by mid February, followed by a later release which includes BPN?
2. If so will the rebrand coincide with the release?
3. Will there be any marketing campaign when rebranded?
4. Will queued BPN'S earn regular POSP interest?

All in all a very exciting and promising status report. A new stable Vault will open many doors for development and progress in other areas, while waiting for BPN activation.

edit. Regarding question 2, just realised new vault will have name change and new logo
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:57:58 PM

That all sounds very cool! I am interested on how you intend to limit the number of BPNs active on the network at any one time? - that can't be easy as the information would have to gleaned from network consensus and not a local count as anyone could easy change the source and increase the number of BPNs online at any one time...

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
Alex4J

Activity: 92
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:40:58 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 11:52:20 PM by Alex4J
Merited by digit (1), Killiz (1)

That all sounds very cool! I am interested on how you intend to limit the number of BPNs active on the network at any one time? - that can't be easy as the information would have to gleaned from network consensus and not a local count as anyone could easy change the source and increase the number of BPNs online at any one time...

FR
Hi,
You are correct. The whole system is implemented in the consensus of CBX, we are using Mutex Block, new kind of block that have new "proof" system (let's call it Proof-Of-Mutex if you want).
These mutex blocks are containing extra datas that allow us to know the order of the BPN in the queue and its egibility at anytimes.
In addition of mutex blocks, we are adding completly new rules in the consensus to detect if a BPN is still active or not.
I insist on the fact that all of these new features are rules in the consesus, so it can still be validated overtime at anytime as it is the base of a blockchain application.

No worries, we will prepare cool and badass WhitePaper to explain everything in details.

Alex4J

CBX Dev Donate: 5oS6SK8411DUdxritrohRW96rZmHC9DX7d
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:45:27 PM

Top notch reply Alex! thanks - sounds super cool and definitely some good USP as I've never heard of that being done before!

Cheers

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:28:51 AM

Hi Killiz

I have a few questions.

1. So from what you have said, can we expect to have a new vault release by mid February, followed by a later release which includes BPN?

Yes this is the game plan; the new Vault 3.0 alpha will include the fixes we have been waiting for, and provide a gradual implementation of new codebase with no hard fork at this stage.

Yes, we will make sure all Twitter, Facebook and Bitcointalk channels are well populated with the good news; word of mouth is best, however

Excellent question; lemme get back to you on that one...
Killiz

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:44:17 AM

Hi Killiz

I have a few questions.

Yes this is the game plan; the new Vault 3.0 alpha will include the fixes we have been waiting for, and provide a gradual implementation of new codebase with no hard fork at this stage.

Yes, we will make sure all Twitter, Facebook and Bitcointalk channels are well populated with the good news; word of mouth is best, however

Excellent question; lemme get back to you on that one...

Cool, thanks.

I think for the queueing system to work, investors should not be penalised, and forfeit their interest by doing so. A workaround should be found where locked away queued BPN's will still earn as normal.

Regarding the marketing, every community member and investor reading this, should start to prepare and help spread the word about CBX. Once the new vault is released, we 'all' need to do something to get the word around that CBX is back in business.
Tweeting, retweeting, Facebook posts, liking, sharing, posting in other threads, other forums, telegram channels, slack channels, etc, etc.
It is up to the community to make the most of this rebrand if we want the attraction we all know CBX deserves.
If people hear and read about something enough they will eventually look into it, and that's all we need, looking into......

Get ready folks, start thinking about how you will help spread the word in the coming weeks.

I'm personally looking forward to spamming those Pumpz groups on telegram  Cheesy

Thanks.

Killiz

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:07:15 PM

barterdex and blocknet are going to be the big news of this year i expect

cbx hopefully can get on both and deserves to be on both ... these fairly distributed projects are going to be the only ones left standing once regulations start sparking up all over the place.

icos are 99% scams

What steps are necessary to get listed on these 2 exchanges?

blocknet is free i believe just contact atcsecure and dan will be able to set it up or actually you can self add if if you know how i think

barterdex then jl777b is best to ask about that.

Thank you, I have reached out to both of the provided contacts.

Did you get anywhere with this elambert?
atLASplatform

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

What is the advantage of this technology compared with the current wireless charging technology? how large is the valid range?
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:28:18 PM

Cool, thanks.

I think for the queueing system to work, investors should not be penalised, and forfeit their interest by doing so. A workaround should be found where locked away queued BPN's will still earn as normal.

Regarding the marketing, every community member and investor reading this, should start to prepare and help spread the word about CBX. Once the new vault is released, we 'all' need to do something to get the word around that CBX is back in business.
Tweeting, retweeting, Facebook posts, liking, sharing, posting in other threads, other forums, telegram channels, slack channels, etc, etc.
It is up to the community to make the most of this rebrand if we want the attraction we all know CBX deserves.
If people hear and read about something enough they will eventually look into it, and that's all we need, looking into......

Get ready folks, start thinking about how you will help spread the word in the coming weeks.

I'm personally looking forward to spamming those Pumpz groups on telegram  Cheesy

Thanks.

Got your answer: a queued BPN will stake normally and earn regular PoSP reward just as if it was with the other PoSP balance of the given user.
Killiz

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

Cool, thanks.

I'm personally looking forward to spamming those Pumpz groups on telegram  Cheesy

Thanks.

Got your answer: a queued BPN will stake normally and earn just PoSP reward as if it was with the other PoSP balance of the given user.

That's good to hear Ben thanks
Killiz

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

What is the advantage of this technology compared with the current wireless charging technology? how large is the valid range?

I heard CBX will be installing 373.6 meter tall tesla coils 431.9 meters apart all over the globe. U shouldn't be far away from being continually fully charged, with fresh fried raccoon to eat while uploading your selfies in between.
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:09:42 PM

The Bullionaires have spoken: the option preferred by the community regarding the upcoming Coinbook.com website is to not implement anonymity so we have the opportunity to be included in this promising platform. Locking this poll until we post another question.

Killiz

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:06:22 PM

The Bullionaires have spoken: the option preferred by the community regarding the upcoming Coinbook.com website is to not implement anonymity so we have the opportunity to be included in this promising platform. Locking this poll until we post another question.

Any info on when coinbook.com becomes live? Being listed on there is certainly going to be a big boost for CBX. From what I read on their website it looks like it's going to be quite a nice exchange.
Alec40Gr

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

@dev team

I have 2 questions

1) Let's say someone have 4000 bullions in one wallet but separated in two addresses (2k - 2k).
    This wallet considered as one or two masternode(s) ?

2) How the network recognizes the masternode(ID), by Client IP Address, by wallet address or something else ?
    I ask this cause i think many of the clients doesn't have static IP addresses and they must take actions to be prepared
    for participate in masternode queue.

many congrats for your efforts dev team, keep up...
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:14:16 PM

Any info on when coinbook.com becomes live? Being listed on there is certainly going to be a big boost for CBX. From what I read on their website it looks like it's going to be quite a nice exchange.

Last update from them was that they were hoping for a soft launch in mid-February. I will check in with them in a couple of weeks to see how things are progressing if nothing official has occurred by that time.
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: