Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:04:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291222 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:41:57 PM

Maybe there is some new rule that says more than x sitoutted hands you get cutter off?

If there is a rule, especially a rule that is inconsistent with every other poker site in the world, it needs to be explained on their site or at the very least on here so everyone can understand and abide by it.  If it's a bug they need to say "oops" and explain/correct it (and I'd assume compensate individuals affected by it, which to be honest they have been very good about doing since the rebranding).  To have this sitting around unanswered, especially with support making a post several hours ago, is very odd.

I've definitely seen this with players who register and never play.  That they get removed after a certain time period and their entry fee refunded.  However, yes, if he played at least one hand, it seems really weird to remove him and his chips.  PaulC should hopefully speak up for himself on this one though, his account of it would be just as relevant as whatever support wants to say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:11:56 PM

Maybe there is some new rule that says more than x sitoutted hands you get cutter off?

If there is a rule, especially a rule that is inconsistent with every other poker site in the world, it needs to be explained on their site or at the very least on here so everyone can understand and abide by it.  If it's a bug they need to say "oops" and explain/correct it (and I'd assume compensate individuals affected by it, which to be honest they have been very good about doing since the rebranding).  To have this sitting around unanswered, especially with support making a post several hours ago, is very odd.

I've definitely seen this with players who register and never play.  That they get removed after a certain time period and their entry fee refunded.  However, yes, if he played at least one hand, it seems really weird to remove him and his chips.  PaulC should hopefully speak up for himself on this one though, his account of it would be just as relevant as whatever support wants to say.

Most sites will remove you if you miss x hands, so it seems normal to me. Otherwise people would sign up, play one hand, and then leave and hope they make it ITM before getting knocked out.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:08:25 PM

If there is a rule, especially a rule that is inconsistent with every other poker site in the world, it needs to be explained on their site or at the very least on here so everyone can understand and abide by it.  If it's a bug they need to say "oops" and explain/correct it (and I'd assume compensate individuals affected by it, which to be honest they have been very good about doing since the rebranding).  To have this sitting around unanswered, especially with support making a post several hours ago, is very odd.

Most sites will remove you if you miss x hands, so it seems normal to me. Otherwise people would sign up, play one hand, and then leave and hope they make it ITM before getting knocked out.

I remember an article on Pokerstars on this matter. Definitely a strategy that can land you in the money but most of the times its close to the bubble or you are the one getting bubbled , hence its not worth the risk. Also I find that with the field size of the tournaments on bitcoin poker sites, this strategy is mostly going to cause a loss as in a game with 10 people you will likely not just sit out and get into the top 2 or 3. Might only work for freerolls where a lot more people register.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

I remember an article on Pokerstars on this matter. Definitely a strategy that can land you in the money but most of the times its close to the bubble or you are the one getting bubbled , hence its not worth the risk. Also I find that with the field size of the tournaments on bitcoin poker sites, this strategy is mostly going to cause a loss as in a game with 10 people you will likely not just sit out and get into the top 2 or 3. Might only work for freerolls where a lot more people register.

I was under the impression we were talking about freerolls. Was going to ask what risk you meant (as, for example, people sign up for freerolls when they're leaving/sleeping and just let it run -- I've seen a few people make it ITM like this, too).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:15:05 PM

I was under the impression we were talking about freerolls. Was going to ask what risk you meant (as, for example, people sign up for freerolls when they're leaving/sleeping and just let it run -- I've seen a few people make it ITM like this, too).
Ah ok didn't see any mention of freerolls and rather saw a mention about return of buyins so thought this for for cash tournies . From what I remember Seals didn't use to kick you if you were not active in the Krillrolls. Did they change that at the new site ?
I always have seen that most of the other poker sites always had this feature though.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:23:31 PM

Ah ok didn't see any mention of freerolls and rather saw a mention about return of buyins so thought this for for cash tournies . From what I remember Seals didn't use to kick you if you were not active in the Krillrolls. Did they change that at the new site ?
I always have seen that most of the other poker sites always had this feature though.

I'm going to voice an opinion I think most will hate but... I think if you pay into a tournament, it shouldn't kick you for being inactive. If someone wants to risk their cash on something that most likely won't ROI, I say let them. Freerolls are different since you risk nothing (and same goes for "krillroll"). As long as it's paid, I have no issues with AFK players.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:32:59 PM

I'm going to voice an opinion I think most will hate but... I think if you pay into a tournament, it shouldn't kick you for being inactive. If someone wants to risk their cash on something that most likely won't ROI, I say let them. Freerolls are different since you risk nothing (and same goes for "krillroll"). As long as it's paid, I have no issues with AFK players.

I don't know why you think most people would hate it.  I agree completely.  If someone has paid into the tourney I don't have any problem picking up their blinds once a round.  As the blinds go higher, it's just free chips for those who are playing.  For what it's worth, it's not effectively any different than sitting there pressing the fold button again and again, it's just automated for you.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:45:22 PM

I don't know why you think most people would hate it.  I agree completely.  If someone has paid into the tourney I don't have any problem picking up their blinds once a round.  As the blinds go higher, it's just free chips for those who are playing.  For what it's worth, it's not effectively any different than sitting there pressing the fold button again and again, it's just automated for you.

It can, in some cases, give a player an unfair advantage. I.e., you act before me and the three people after me are all AFK. If you fold, I know I can raise and be guaranteed a win from those 3. If you call, you don't know if I'm going to call or raise. In essence, it gives me a much higher edge (in terms of potential profit) than you. I've won many freerolls like this in the past, building up a chip stack much faster than the only other player at the table because I had the advantage of always being last to act.

WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 11:20:40 PM

I don't know why anyone would hate that opinion.  It is the way it should be, and the way it is.  If you pay to enter a tournament your seat will be saved and blinds taken until your stack is gone.

The tournament in question here was a freeroll.  But I haven't heard or seen anything about people being removed for sitting out during a freeroll.

I did happen to see that player playing earlier in the tournament, so he wasn't sitting out the whole time.  It's possible that someone could be manually removed by security for breaking a rule... like entering multiple accounts.

I don't want to speculate in this case though because we don't know what happened.  He may have done nothing wrong.  And if it were a mistake I'm sure SwC will compensate him.

WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:29:50 AM

If you haven't checked yet, they updated the tournament schedule today. 

Most of the old tournaments are still there, although some have moved slightly.  And a bunch of new tournaments have been added to fill in the gaps.

One of the new ones, The Bounty Hunter, starts in about 30 minutes:

And then a new 100 chip buyin running nightly:

SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:58:33 AM

If there is a rule, especially a rule that is inconsistent with every other poker site in the world, it needs to be explained on their site or at the very least on here so everyone can understand and abide by it.  If it's a bug they need to say "oops" and explain/correct it (and I'd assume compensate individuals affected by it, which to be honest they have been very good about doing since the rebranding).  To have this sitting around unanswered, especially with support making a post several hours ago, is very odd.

This is a confirmed bug-- sorry for the delay in response, we were investigating alongside working hard to push out a new build, so there's an issue of developer bandwidth there. This has never happened before and we're still looking into the cause. If this happens to anyone they can contact us for compensation.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:04:03 AM

Okay, broken client again on update.

"The client has crashed and must be restarted."

It doesn't do anything but that.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:06:25 PM

Uninstalled everything, deleted everything, reinstalled from the site.  Still does the same thing.

Vanilla XP with not a single thing on it but SwC and Betcoin (which still works). 

How do you break that??
WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:56:56 PM

Uninstalled everything, deleted everything, reinstalled from the site.  Still does the same thing.

Vanilla XP with not a single thing on it but SwC and Betcoin (which still works). 

How do you break that??

They posted on Twitter that there was an issue affecting people with XP.

Late last night in the chat they said they expected to have a fix within a day... so hopefully it comes sometime today or tonight.

If I see any other updates I will post back here.

Revelation Machine

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:34:00 AM

The new MTT sched is very robust, but the field sizes are still pretty petite.  Have you considered running a weekly MTT leaderboard?  You could run a pretty easy Stars TLB formula (points for cashing, points based on placement, field size, and buy in) make it cumulative point accumulation all week (to encourage frequent play) and run it Sun-Sat so that payment can coincide with krillback, krillrolls, and table starter payments (which would make the action on Sunday nights that much better).  Even if you only payed out amounts similar to the cash game LB (500/300/200/100/50) it would greatly grow the games.
WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 02:02:48 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 02:20:28 AM by WearsMyLiberty

The new MTT sched is very robust, but the field sizes are still pretty petite.  Have you considered running a weekly MTT leaderboard?  You could run a pretty easy Stars TLB formula (points for cashing, points based on placement, field size, and buy in) make it cumulative point accumulation all week (to encourage frequent play) and run it Sun-Sat so that payment can coincide with krillback, krillrolls, and table starter payments (which would make the action on Sunday nights that much better).  Even if you only payed out amounts similar to the cash game LB (500/300/200/100/50) it would greatly grow the games.

Looking at the numbers from yesterday as the first day of the new tournaments I thought they actually did well.  The first 100 Chip Nightly Special had 14 players I believe.  I think it's a decent start for being the first day without much time to get the word out.

And the others like the Bounty Hunter seemed to at least have as many runners as the normal tournaments would get for that buy in - around the 15 to 25ish range.  Not as large as we all want it to be eventually, but overall the tournament numbers have been on a slight upward trend recently.  And having more tournaments and less gaps in the schedule will help.

I do like your idea of some kind of tournament promotion though.  I personally like promotions that incentivize and reward people just for playing and doesn't require them to necessarily be a winning player.

I think it helps to give someone that might not be able to win tournaments the chance to win a prize in the promotion just by playing a lot.  That way a player that doesn't feel confident in their ability to win multiple games a week still has an incentive to play more tournaments.

By the way, the 100 Chip Nightly Special just started right now and has 24 minutes of late reg.

And for anyone that hasn't heard yet, later tonight you can earn double Krill:

SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:20:50 AM

Sorry, we just pushed a fix for this. We put in some fixes for Windows 10 users and it inadvertently broke Windows XP and a fraction of Windows 7 users. Deep apologies. ;_;

The good news is we now support Windows 10.

donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:49:58 AM

Uninstalled everything, deleted everything, reinstalled from the site.  Still does the same thing.

How do you break that??

Late last night in the chat they said they expected to have a fix within a day... so hopefully it comes sometime today or tonight.

I don't have xp. I have windows 8 pc desktop. Since the site started every time there is an upgrade I have to uninstall and reinstall because I get message inet_e_download_failure. They kept telling me working hard on fixing issue months ago.  I had an upgrade message so as usual I uninstalled reinstalled. It kept saying must upgrade even though I did several times. If I hit cancel 2x on the upgrade it allowed me to log in this doesn't seem right obviously. What the f?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:52:03 AM

How do you break that??

I don't have xp. I have windows 8 pc desktop. Since the site started every time there is an upgrade I have to uninstall and reinstall because I get message inet_e_download_failure. They kept telling me working hard on fixing issue months ago.  I had an upgrade message so as usual I uninstalled reinstalled. It kept saying must upgrade even though I did several times. If I hit cancel 2x it allowed me to log in this doesn't seem right obviously. What the f?

Weird. I'm on 8 and have never had an issue. Have you tried running the client as admin?

donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:53:30 AM

I don't have a fucking clue as to how to run it on admin .I should be able to hit upgraade and have it load but im one of the 0000.1 percent that always gets fucked somehow.They said they are aware of my problem with the inet_e_download failure on upgrade im glad they are still working feverishly on it. Now I can't even uninstall and reinstall to fix because that is broken but I can get in on upgrade prompt if hit cancel 2x which leads me to worry about security issues.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: