Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INVEST BITCOIN!!!  (Read 25030 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:55:23 PM

For investors that want to invest in Bitcoin, but in the more traditional fiat based way, you can probably get in on GBTC and COIN when it eventually launches:

-snip-

Is that a legit site? Seems a little bit fishy for me.

If you're talking about Ticker symbol GBTC which will represent BIT (Bitcoin Investment Trust) on the OTC markets, that's as legit as it gets. 

Look up Barry Silbert.  He's in charge of BIT.

As far as the Winklevii, I'm sure you've heard of them in the news, and heard of their ETF, COIN, as well as their upcoming exchange, Gemini.  All fully regulated and legitimate awaiting launch sometime this year.

Basically, what CB said. The system is regulated by the Fed. If they screwed people over, it wouldn't be some "let's just run off because nobody will find us" situation like we've been dealing with. The Fed itself would step in.

But is the ETF actually worth buying into? I still don't quite get what they do (I do in general, but what about this specific one)?

The GBTC and COIN ETF is like any other ETF or any other holding or stock shares in a company.

It's like investing in GLD or SLV without actually having gold or silver bars in your safe.  You'd be owning fractions of a Bitcoin with both GBTC and COIN, all without the headaches of actually safe guarding, air gapping, backing up, or securing your stash.

Some people like peace of mind or like to offload the "security" risk to the valid exchanges, instead of straight up ownership.

So essentially it's virtual virtual bitcoins, then, Smiley.

I'm slightly familiar with ETFs from the perspective of like "S&P 500" and such. I wasn't aware that it was simply a holding vehicle for the underlying assets, though (new to investing) and didn't even know you could use them for things like gold/silver.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:23:25 PM

For investors that want to invest in Bitcoin, but in the more traditional fiat based way, you can probably get in on GBTC and COIN when it eventually launches:

-snip-

If you're talking about Ticker symbol GBTC which will represent BIT (Bitcoin Investment Trust) on the OTC markets, that's as legit as it gets. 

As far as the Winklevii, I'm sure you've heard of them in the news, and heard of their ETF, COIN, as well as their upcoming exchange, Gemini.  All fully regulated and legitimate awaiting launch sometime this year.

Basically, what CB said. The system is regulated by the Fed. If they screwed people over, it wouldn't be some "let's just run off because nobody will find us" situation like we've been dealing with. The Fed itself would step in.

But is the ETF actually worth buying into? I still don't quite get what they do (I do in general, but what about this specific one)?

The GBTC and COIN ETF is like any other ETF or any other holding or stock shares in a company.

It's like investing in GLD or SLV without actually having gold or silver bars in your safe.  You'd be owning fractions of a Bitcoin with both GBTC and COIN, all without the headaches of actually safe guarding, air gapping, backing up, or securing your stash.

Some people like peace of mind or like to offload the "security" risk to the valid exchanges, instead of straight up ownership.

I'm slightly familiar with ETFs from the perspective of like "S&P 500" and such. I wasn't aware that it was simply a holding vehicle for the underlying assets, though (new to investing) and didn't even know you could use them for things like gold/silver.

Yes sir!  Something along those lines.  Holding shares in Bitcoin, about 1/10th of a whole Bitcoin, but without the Gox'ing, Stamp'ing, or Mycoining that's been going on. 

Should be any day now, based on the news, GBTC could be launched as early as next week:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102549768

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:56:03 PM

I've been waiting for the Winklevoss brothers ETF for what seems an eternity now. What are they waiting for? Now it's a great time to announce such thing, with the current tasty low BTC price a lot of money will flow in.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

-snip-

Yes sir!  Something along those lines.  Holding shares in Bitcoin, about 1/10th of a whole Bitcoin, but without the Gox'ing, Stamp'ing, or Mycoining that's been going on. 

Should be any day now, based on the news, GBTC could be launched as early as next week:

Pretty cool thing! Do you know what their yearly "management" fees are?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:33:37 AM

You can not invest in anything and be guaranteed that you'll get a profit. Honestly, the best way to 'invest' is by buying Bitcoins at a low price, hope the price rises, and when it does, sell it. That, in my opinion, is a safe way.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:24:04 AM

Bitcoin is already an investment in itself.

faince222

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:50:01 AM

You can try bikinidice.com for invest your coin. You can invest LTC, DRK, BC, DOGE, TTC, but not bitcoin  Undecided

Bikinidice is a very trustworthy dice game Smiley
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:20:55 PM

best to startup a btc related website/business if u want guaranteed profit

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:08:48 PM

Not really if in 2014 it lost 60% of its value lol. I would not call it a safe investment.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
goldkey0070

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

i think its safe because there is to many people involved it will never die !!!!
GreenStox

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:34:56 PM

WHERE CAN I TRUST 100% TO INVEST MY COINS for garentee payback
CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ?

There is no 100%, ever, you must learn that when investing.

Billion things can go wrong from theft to scam to system malfunction to your PC burning down.

All these factors can lose you money, so the best way to protect yourself agains this is either by insurance, or by controlling risk!!!!!!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
goldkey0070

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ?

There is no 100%, ever, you must learn that when investing.

Billion things can go wrong from theft to scam to system malfunction to your PC burning down.

All these factors can lose you money, so the best way to protect yourself agains this is either by insurance, or by controlling risk!!!!!!
  well said greenstox, there is always risk when investing,right now investing wile its low might be good
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:21:15 AM

It is better to avoid investment in online sites many of them are scam.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 12:45:25 PM

-snip-

Pretty cool thing! Do you know what their yearly "management" fees are?

Here's the Bitcoin Investment Trust fact sheet for GBTC:

http://bitcointrust.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Fact-Sheet_Mar15.pdf

2% Annual fee.  $25,000 minimum investment, small dogs need not apply!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:54:45 AM

Not really if in 2014 it lost 60% of its value lol. I would not call it a safe investment.

I actually think the price is good for newbies to buy in. But you'd have to think long term, at least 5-10 years before you profit. Look at what happend from 2009 - 2013.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 10:18:37 AM

I actually think the price is good for newbies to buy in. But you'd have to think long term, at least 5-10 years before you profit. Look at what happend from 2009 - 2013.

Obviously, it makes no sense to look at what happened in 2009 and a few years later. The first supporters profited handsomely, and, I'm afraid, this stage is over for Bitcoin...

YaoFey

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:01:02 AM

I can think there are 100% ways of investing BTC, but you have to invest in yourself. Like run your own website or project.
Or if you know some great exchange trader, who will work for a share.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:36:21 PM

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ?

One of the best investment you can make is to buy some bitcoins now, the price is pretty low now, and hold it for next 5 to 10 years, most likely you will have made a huge profit as the price of Bitcoins increase with time Smiley
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:45:16 AM

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ?

One of the best investment you can make is to buy some bitcoins now, the price is pretty low now, and hold it for next 5 to 10 years, most likely you will have made a huge profit as the price of Bitcoins increase with time Smiley

Such an investment doesn't guarrantee him/her a payback since BTC could also hit an hard bottom...sadly, no one could guarrantee a skyrocketing/bullish performarce for the BTCWink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
GreenStox

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ?

Such an investment doesn't guarrantee him/her a payback since BTC could also hit an hard bottom...sadly, no one could guarrantee a skyrocketing/bullish performarce for the BTCWink

That wont happen, there is a huge resistance at 200€  in wont go lower than that ever. Now the quesion is how high it will go?

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM