Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:57:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DaDice.com - Next Gen Social Gambling Dice Experience | Progressive Jackpot  (Read 257863 times)
dadice_dev

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:32:49 AM

When somebody says they were able to "Hack DaDice" and/or penetrate thru Da Dice system/servers = Wrong!

I am not trying to intimidate our dear "exploiters" here but I must admit chats and broadcasts running thru socket service (which is totally independant in its operation, and anyone who has been to Da Dice once is the witness to this that whole system keep working even without those services) is perhaps the only vulnerable area of Da Dice gameplay interface, and why would we mind "almost free" security checks in first place?

I mean every decent website has a "whitehat bug bounty program", so does Da Dice! only if they reported it to support without exploiting it, they deserved a reasonable reward for it nevertheless that is not their agenda! They want to spread fear and disturbance to back up all the FUDs right here.

Unlike all other dice sites, Da Dice is unique and has far more number of features and interfaces within our main gameplay interface and we claim that we are still evolving into something even better.

Anyway, all this happened this time because our socket script didn't sanitize some data (background variables, exploited from console) which was sent along with chat messages or other online/offline commands. Of course it took exploiter a considerable amount of time to write infectious code (2 days is it?) and successfully broadcast it to users. Ofcourse bodgybrothers is our exploiter here who couriously had been asking about "hi!" alert dialog, but this time we had a serious misjudgment and thus we let this happen. Between, we have had been busy with a major update to Da Dice as well which will be announced later today.

If we only notice the time difference between last attack on chat and this one (which I agree is more serious), and all the logs/events we monitor everyday its very clear that some one has been financing our exploiters lately. There are few other people too who found bugs and were paid from our bounty program, I recommend they do the same since there is a possiblity we might pay you better then what they can afford Smiley

Interestingly the site does not use even basic protections like setting the session cookies to HttpOnly, which would have made it trivial to have harvested and saved all users session ids (as simple as: document.cookies) to save to to for withdrawing funds

Anyone still using this site, has been warned that most 12 year olds code better sites.

I am afraid but you were also right. This is a server side configuration and we had this in place until our last crash and then server rebuild during 100m event. Since Da Dice operated on dedicated servers, all these configurations are set globally from top instead of setting them on run-time. We overlooked this setting but it has now been corrected! Thank you for pointing it out, Attack Dog Jerry Smiley
enervist

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:59:32 AM

lots of words...

tldr; dadice fucked up once more and is grasping every straw in reach.
Da_Dice_Staff

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:04:05 AM

lots of words...

tldr; dadice fucked up once more and is grasping every straw in reach.

tldr.... that sums it up I believe. You couldn't be bothered to actually read a detailed explanation as such your statement is invalid thus nothing but spam. Well done
Da_Dice_Staff

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:42:03 AM

CURRENT ROLL STANDINGS TO 200 MILLIONTH ROLL!!!

We have hit 191 million rolls now! 

0.05 BTC growth per day for every day sooner than the 19th!!

Who will be the lucky bounty winner?! And who will have predicted the correct date?! Keep your eyes on this page! The final countdown has begun!
mfaspk

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:28:58 AM

To be fair, NLNico was the one who initially reported on the problem of the site's probably insolvency. I'm just one of the ones he attracted.
Insolvency causes you to be unable to pay your debts. Whether those debts are to your investors or to your players isn't important. Someone you owe money to is getting screwed.
These are the amounts wagered per day for the last 7 days before I stopped accepting BTC bets:

Code:
2014-06-17    2210.31584730
2014-06-18    2273.14902642
2014-06-19    7463.21723620
2014-06-20    1653.27568022
2014-06-21    1794.46972037
2014-06-22    1490.13643029
2014-06-23    1907.71386701

That's 18792 BTC wagered in the last week. DaDice has had what, 5000 BTC wagered in total? I shut down because I was uncomfortable holding such a huge amount of investor money.
Before JD shut down it was the biggest by far. After we shut down, the volume went to PD. JD switched to CLAM to deliberately lower the volume, and it still gets more volume than DaDice can achieve, even with its blanket advertising.
True. They also have every right to try to claim I am jealous of their "success". And I have every right to point out how ridiculous their claim is.
I read your posts. They just don't make much sense.
Nothing. If you stop making dumb claims about me and/or JD I will stop addressing them. Deal?

Woah... my posts don't make sense? Exactly what part didn't make sense? The one where I pointed out how shallow and stupid your thinking is? Only if you had read one of my posts before about transparent statistics (which I still claim!!!) you wouldn't have made that mistake. Well the way I see it everyday Da Dice wagered amount is increasing, Da Dice also has a little but fair number of high rollers. You added CLAM to Just-dice in december 2014! You have had been running just-dice since june 2013 right? wait at least this much period before you start comparing statistics. Da Dice never claimed its already # 1 dice site, it will get there sooner or later Smiley we all know that.

And even in your threads the ones who started them or constantly bump your threads are the ones criticizing dadice here, "coincidence? I think not!!!"... Anyway since you're here to discuss problems of Da Dice, how about we discuss the one where you ripped off your investors with 1300 BTC with a bullshit story that you had already paid the guy and shit went down and whatever! It was the investor's profit! Now I call you a rip off as well! Just go a google search there are a number of users even "Hero Members" from BCT calling you a scammer and shit.

You have made your point and concerns very clear, you even gave them all a negative trust rating, (don't take it back!) but if your consciences is still not at ease, I don't know what the fuck will! Ever heard of a word "conflict of interest?", you as admin of a dice site and (possibly?) investor in other gambling programs should know better. It doesn't look good at all doog! I am still in shock that how come Dean proved himself smarter then you, when he decided to leave this conversation after constantly repeating his concerns.

If you have an agenda to bash Da Dice on purpose, then contact this piece of shit friend of yours:

So are you okay with trusting a large amount of money on a site where a random person was able to execute arbitrary JS on their customers' computers?

...whose nick name is "account seller" but profile message says "No longer selling accounts", probably fulfills all the needs of Troll & Co. regarding shill accounts to slander dadice.
mfaspk

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:33:16 AM

ignoring all facts posted by that dooglus guy to keep the scam in your signature alive? very sad behaviour...

The fact about the facts posted by dooglus is that none of them are facts, just assumptions, "Oh! I am terribly poor at predicting future!", "Oh no! I didn't call you a ponzi scam!", "Oh I didn't mean that what I meant was what I didn't mean to say remains the meaning what I should have said!"
enervist

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:45:08 AM

To be fair, NLNico was the one who initially reported on the problem of the site's probably insolvency. I'm just one of the ones he attracted.
Insolvency causes you to be unable to pay your debts. Whether those debts are to your investors or to your players isn't important. Someone you owe money to is getting screwed.
These are the amounts wagered per day for the last 7 days before I stopped accepting BTC bets:

Code:
2014-06-17    2210.31584730
2014-06-18    2273.14902642
2014-06-19    7463.21723620
2014-06-20    1653.27568022
2014-06-21    1794.46972037
2014-06-22    1490.13643029
2014-06-23    1907.71386701

That's 18792 BTC wagered in the last week. DaDice has had what, 5000 BTC wagered in total? I shut down because I was uncomfortable holding such a huge amount of investor money.
Before JD shut down it was the biggest by far. After we shut down, the volume went to PD. JD switched to CLAM to deliberately lower the volume, and it still gets more volume than DaDice can achieve, even with its blanket advertising.
True. They also have every right to try to claim I am jealous of their "success". And I have every right to point out how ridiculous their claim is.
I read your posts. They just don't make much sense.
Nothing. If you stop making dumb claims about me and/or JD I will stop addressing them. Deal?

Woah... my posts don't make sense? Exactly what part didn't make sense? The one where I pointed out how shallow and stupid your thinking is? Only if you had read one of my posts before about transparent statistics (which I still claim!!!) you wouldn't have made that mistake. Well the way I see it everyday Da Dice wagered amount is increasing, Da Dice also has a little but fair number of high rollers. You added CLAM to Just-dice in december 2014! You have had been running just-dice since june 2013 right? wait at least this much period before you start comparing statistics. Da Dice never claimed its already # 1 dice site, it will get there sooner or later Smiley we all know that.

And even in your threads the ones who started them or constantly bump your threads are the ones criticizing dadice here, "coincidence? I think not!!!"... Anyway since you're here to discuss problems of Da Dice, how about we discuss the one where you ripped off your investors with 1300 BTC with a bullshit story that you had already paid the guy and shit went down and whatever! It was the investor's profit! Now I call you a rip off as well! Just go a google search there are a number of users even "Hero Members" from BCT calling you a scammer and shit.

You have made your point and concerns very clear, you even gave them all a negative trust rating, (don't take it back!) but if your consciences is still not at ease, I don't know what the fuck will! Ever heard of a word "conflict of interest?", you as admin of a dice site and (possibly?) investor in other gambling programs should know better. It doesn't look good at all doog! I am still in shock that how come Dean proved himself smarter then you, when he decided to leave this conversation after constantly repeating his concerns.

If you have an agenda to bash Da Dice on purpose, then contact this piece of shit friend of yours:

So are you okay with trusting a large amount of money on a site where a random person was able to execute arbitrary JS on their customers' computers?

...whose nick name is "account seller" but profile message says "No longer selling accounts", probably fulfills all the needs of Troll & Co. regarding shill accounts to slander dadice.

good lord, density still increasing  Grin

care to link at least two hero members calling dooglus a scammer/shit? I'm fairly sure your google-fu sucks.

and I doubt that dadice's traffic is really increasing....it's pure faucet leeching.  take away the sig campaign and there would be no one except you and dadice themselves left to defend this scam in spe. would be interesting to know how much btc has been burned by dadice so far. my guess is something betwen 50-100BTC without a single satoshi profit.  Grin worst run dice site so far. pretty sure they'll be gone before the year has ended.

ps: acctseller is an alt of quickseller, guess he has to do a couple of posts for the rollin.io sig campaign.

Droganson

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:56:34 AM

Proving solvency shouldn't be an issue, but I have no problems with withdrawals from this site and I've withdrawn over 1 BTC on multiple occasions which took less than 12 hours to be processed but this was a few months ago before all this proving solvency mess started. I haven't played here in a while, but I assume it is still a good site. However, I remember dicebitco.in and dice.ninja and they were also great sites until one tried to cheat and the other simply vanished into thin air. Hopefully DaDice sees the concerns people are raising and it seems they do for the most part as they disabled investing in public but still allow it in private. This simply hides the fact that they don't want to prove solvency which is fishy as hell, but nothing to go crazy over. In the end, all we can do is hope they are here to stay.
dadice (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:57:40 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 10:15:39 AM by dadice

and I doubt that dadice's traffic is really increasing....it's pure faucet leeching.

Make no mistake here, 'faucet leechers' are the main part of traffic for any dice site that offers a faucet. Just that others would not admit it - we do Cheesy The point here is, that with 10 'faucet leechers' comes a genuine depositor. Also many faucet users, since we don't like to insult our members, turn into depositors at a later stage. So there is a reason why dadice [and others] are offering a faucet.

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
enervist

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:09:06 AM

and I doubt that dadice's traffic is really increasing....it's pure faucet leeching.

Make no mistake here, 'faucet leechers' are the main part of traffic for any dice site that offers a faucet. Just that others would not admit it - we do Cheesy The point here is, that with 10 'faucet leechers' comes a genuine depositor. Also many faucet users, since we don't like to insult our members, turn into depositors at a later stage. So there is a reason why dadice [and others] are offering a faucet.

if your stats are at least somehow accurate, looking at your "Da leaky tab" and clicking on a couple of random usernames in your trollbox, shows that your faucet is killing the little funding you have left at quiet an impressive speed  Wink check the signal/noise ratio on other sites that offer faucets. none has a ratio as bad as yours. and all dice sites without a faucet are performing better than you anyway.

doesnt that make you reconsider your "business plan" ?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:14:39 AM

So has their been any problems with withdrawing? I guess a not small amount of investors is feared now. Judging from the amount of those leaving the campaign.

Saying that... i did not read anyone claiming that withdraws couldnt be served. And im sure some investors would have want their coins back. But i read no complaints that they didnt get them.

Of course... one has to assume that there are investors at all. Though when you think that way, and dadice would have been a scam, then it would live on the investments from outsiders. If they get their coins back without problems then it wouldnt be a scam anymore. And as far as i read we know there was a public investment feature.

Though when i think about the chat hack. The javascript was injected into the chat software. Does that mean the hacker couldnt have done much more than bringing that message up, because the code was contained somehow, or would it have been possible to run ANY code? If the last, then it would be a serious problem, because they could try to withdraw directly from users browsers... or so.

Anyone knows?

Though saying that... dev wrote that an amount was stolen. I wonder how this could happen when it was contained to the chat.

@enervist... i dont think the faucet can be used to empty the wallet since you only can use the faucet money to gamble. It would be too small to be able to withdraw.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
dadice (OP)

DaDice Administration

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:23:43 AM

if your stats are at least somehow accurate, looking at your "Da leaky tab" and clicking on a couple of random usernames in your trollbox, shows that your faucet is killing the little funding you have left at quiet an impressive speed  Wink check the signal/noise ratio on other sites that offer faucets. none has a ratio as bad as yours. and all dice sites without a faucet are performing better than you anyway.

doesnt that make you reconsider your "business plan" ?

No we had a larger budget for faucet in the first two months as was used, so all still according to our business plan. Our stats are accurate to the satoshi, you should also have a look at the leaders and yes, please consider that some of the 'leechers' are also depositors.

Anyway, thanks for permanently bumping our post, helps us big way Cheesy

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
enervist

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:45:32 AM

So has their been any problems with withdrawing? I guess a not small amount of investors is feared now. Judging from the amount of those leaving the campaign.

Saying that... i did not read anyone claiming that withdraws couldnt be served. And im sure some investors would have want their coins back. But i read no complaints that they didnt get them.

Of course... one has to assume that there are investors at all. Though when you think that way, and dadice would have been a scam, then it would live on the investments from outsiders. If they get their coins back without problems then it wouldnt be a scam anymore. And as far as i read we know there was a public investment feature.

Though when i think about the chat hack. The javascript was injected into the chat software. Does that mean the hacker couldnt have done much more than bringing that message up, because the code was contained somehow, or would it have been possible to run ANY code? If the last, then it would be a serious problem, because they could try to withdraw directly from users browsers... or so.

Anyone knows?

Though saying that... dev wrote that an amount was stolen. I wonder how this could happen when it was contained to the chat.

@enervist... i dont think the faucet can be used to empty the wallet since you only can use the faucet money to gamble. It would be too small to be able to withdraw.

you're really not getting it. if I'd pay you more than dadice, could I be your pimp?  Cool what's your price?
mfaspk

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:55:22 AM

you're really not getting it. if I'd pay you more than dadice, could I be your pimp?  Cool what's your price?

Why would you pay anyone more than dadice does? So there is indeed some corporate vendetta here Cheesy

Anyway I guess this thread will have to live having a few jerks around, better swallow it Smiley Good luck!
dadice (OP)

DaDice Administration

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:58:19 AM

Why would you pay anymore more than dadice does? So there is indeed some corporate vendetta here Cheesy

Anyway I guess this thread will have to live having a few jerks around, better swallow it Smiley Good luck!

Hahaha, I like it already. Always have Popcorn in the house now  Grin

enervist

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:01:30 AM

Why would you pay anymore more than dadice does? So there is indeed some corporate vendetta here Cheesy

just wanted to know how cheap/expensive a legendary whore is  Tongue

nope, unfortunately no competition here (though that might change, since I just saw that multidice is for sale. only 2.5btc, could be worth it for dadice, finally some working code, right?  Grin ).
dadice (OP)

DaDice Administration

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:12:20 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 12:09:02 PM by dadice

nope, unfortunately no competition here (though that might change, since I just saw that multidice is for sale. only 2.5btc, could be worth it for dadice, finally some working code, right?  Grin ).

The real whore here is you mate, sorry but you are!

I will conquer any dice site online, that our code is superior compared to theirs. Get me a trusted and independent expert and we are ready to challenge whoever likes to challenge us.

Da_Dice_Staff

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:09:26 PM

I will conquer any dice site online, that our code is superior compared to theirs. Get me a trusted and independent expert and we are ready to challenge whoever likes to challenge us.

That should be enough to get people thinking for once on this thread I hope.
bodgybrothers

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:06:17 PM

What is about your code that makes it superior? It's just a poorly coded dice site with a troll box.. We already have enough dice sites with troll boxes.. Why not come up with your own ideas and add something new.

bodgybrothers

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:09:06 PM

I am an independent expert and I say your dice site is the worst. Even though 999 is a scam, at least it is coded with some level of skill. Your site is both a scam and coded poorly.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: