Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DA DICE Signature Campaign | [REPLACED by 2.0]  (Read 82197 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:58:24 AM

Is this a legit signature campaign? If it is, that's awesome! It's rates are higher than anyone else! A full member can earn .36 BTC monthly! How is this affordable?

I hope it's sustainable.

hoped the guy who runs an "unlimited" post enabled campaign...

That's sustainable as it is easily limited if needed and past records show that there is a natural limit. In this case, overpaying by paying much higher rates with bonuses is unsustainable.

I'm just encouraging that the site to manages funds/does research to avoid overpaying/under receiving.  
I like how marco is posting more here than in his own campaign's thread. It is really touching that he cares about DaDice campaign probably even more that he cares about bit-x. Maybe ndnhc should hire him as 3rd co-manager?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:40:00 AM

Hi folks, I've changed the bitcoin address I wish to use for the campaign (and other forum stuff).  I've updated my profile info.  Can I be sure that you'll pay to my new address this week based on this?  Or should I send someone a private message to remind to update the spreadsheet?  Thanks!

Hi, post your address in this thread with a request to change it. Just for the record.

Thanks Smiley

Just a reminder for a caution;
I don't say that account is hacked but it's a common sense that if an account wants to change payout addres it might be hacked.
I think tspacepilot should post a signed message with the old payout address that says "I want to change my payout address to this one. today's date."

That prooves his identity, if the account is hacked hacker won't be able to proove that one.

Also this method should be a standard for all signature campaings (who wants to change payout address).

I certainly can sign a message with my old address (because I still have the keys to do so). 

However, if this were a requirement of the campaign, it's really important that it be said upfront because, had the situation been different, I may have simply lost my device or had a wallet stolen.  FWIW, if my wallet had been hacked then you could be forcing the attacker to sign a message.  Signing a message doesn't prove that my situation hasn't changed and it would be unfortunate if people who had lost a wallet for some reason or another couldn't prevent the campaign from sending bitcoins to a lost or stolen address.

I'm not saying payout address signing is a must it's a should.
If the participant looses the control of the current payout address (or maybe using an exchange address), (s)he can sign another address which is posted before on an unedited post to proove identity.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "before".  Certainly it's difficult to predict that you are about to lose your address or be hacked.  What you say, signing a mesage from an address (or perhaps signing messages from several addresses) seems like a good idea, but it's impossible to be prepared for every imaginable bad scenario.

I recall that a few years ago I lost about 0.09BTC because I updated the software on my phone one sleeplessnight only to recall afterwards that "whoops" the only backup of the private keys in that wallet was an old one and I had forgotten the password. I tell this story just to emphasize that accidents happen, and it's be a shame to punish someone again who was already in the shitstorm having had an old address lost or stolen. 
dadice

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:43:45 AM

Hi folks, I've changed the bitcoin address I wish to use for the campaign (and other forum stuff).  I've updated my profile info.  Can I be sure that you'll pay to my new address this week based on this?  Or should I send someone a private message to remind to update the spreadsheet?  Thanks!

Hi, post your address in this thread with a request to change it. Just for the record.

Thanks Smiley

I don't say that account is hacked but it's a common sense that if an account wants to change payout addres it might be hacked.
I think tspacepilot should post a signed message with the old payout address that says "I want to change my payout address to this one. today's date."

That prooves his identity, if the account is hacked hacker won't be able to proove that one.

Also this method should be a standard for all signature campaings (who wants to change payout address).

I certainly can sign a message with my old address (because I still have the keys to do so). 

However, if this were a requirement of the campaign, it's really important that it be said upfront because, had the situation been different, I may have simply lost my device or had a wallet stolen.  FWIW, if my wallet had been hacked then you could be forcing the attacker to sign a message.  Signing a message doesn't prove that my situation hasn't changed and it would be unfortunate if people who had lost a wallet for some reason or another couldn't prevent the campaign from sending bitcoins to a lost or stolen address.

If the participant looses the control of the current payout address (or maybe using an exchange address), (s)he can sign another address which is posted before on an unedited post to proove identity.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "before".  Certainly it's difficult to predict that you are about to lose your address or be hacked.  What you say, signing a mesage from an address (or perhaps signing messages from several addresses) seems like a good idea, but it's impossible to be prepared for every imaginable bad scenario.

I recall that a few years ago I lost about 0.09BTC because I updated the software on my phone one sleeplessnight only to recall afterwards that "whoops" the only backup of the private keys in that wallet was an old one and I had forgotten the password. I tell this story just to emphasize that accidents happen, and it's be a shame to punish someone again who was already in the shitstorm having had an old address lost or stolen. 

I agree with you and for that reason an address change is allowed without conditions. If one of our participants is losing his/her bitcointalk account, I would expect to receive a PM from his new account to get informed about that. Then we can take action and request a signed address before any change of address is accepted.

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:21:31 AM

OP, how do you feel about senior accounts that could be verified as bought & sold (no longer belonging to original owner)?
Do you approve?
I am not sure why they would care. I am not sure why you think they would care

Here are the rules regarding that:
1. Should follow forum rules. No past history of any such violation
2. No valid negative trust
3. One account per person. (Otherwise it will beat the purpose. You will be certainly posting only for the campaign. Plus I don't think you will make 200 posts a week, unless everything is spam, of course.)

Thanks Smiley
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:35:46 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 06:21:58 AM by ndnhc

Hi folks, I've changed the bitcoin address I wish to use for the campaign (and other forum stuff).  I've updated my profile info.  Can I be sure that you'll pay to my new address this week based on this?  Or should I send someone a private message to remind to update the spreadsheet?  Thanks!

Thanks Smiley

However, if this were a requirement of the campaign, it's really important that it be said upfront because, had the situation been different, I may have simply lost my device or had a wallet stolen.  FWIW, if my wallet had been hacked then you could be forcing the attacker to sign a message.  Signing a message doesn't prove that my situation hasn't changed and it would be unfortunate if people who had lost a wallet for some reason or another couldn't prevent the campaign from sending bitcoins to a lost or stolen address.

Okay, I will might make that mandatory for any suspicious address change. Smiley

In case an account is hacked, especially an active user's it will more likely open up a thread in Meta boards regarding the hack. Also, in the trust page, there will be a Warning that "This user's password has been changed recently".
None of this has happened with tspacepilot and I am pretty sure that was not the case.

Well, if a not very active member requests for an address change and if there are any red flags anywhere, I will certainly ask for a signed message.
@tspacepilot, you may sign the address and make a post here if you like. Wink

Thanks Cheesy
ndnhc
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:24:51 PM

btw, counting is live at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_RyLrCa3saxwHPz8mgPuNlV8ewuX7RlC15ZUQRVp99w/pubhtml# >>> Post Counts
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:37:59 PM

Name: cryptworld
Position: Sr.Member
Bitcoin Address: 1CXJRbrgWXe9i889TzfSHED6mER52RR4x9
Link to Recent posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=310188;sa=showPosts
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:54:43 PM

Name: cryptworld
Position: Sr.Member
Bitcoin Address: 1CXJRbrgWXe9i889TzfSHED6mER52RR4x9
Link to Recent posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=310188;sa=showPosts

Post counting going on.

Will enroll you tomorrow. All posts will be counted.
You need to improve your post quality.

Also please copy and repaste the code. there is something wrong with your signature.

Thanks Smiley
ndnhc
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:28:35 PM

Cool, good job!  do the top 6 get a bonus or was that a one off ? i only joined last week but think top 6 got a bonus? not sure.
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:33:20 PM

Cool, good job!  do the top 6 get a bonus or was that a one off ? i only joined last week but think top 6 got a bonus? not sure.

It is top 3.

0.3BTC a week bonus.

This time one bonus was split for 2. lol. Many close competitors for the bonus. Smiley
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:55:28 PM

Counting is complete. And payout info has been sent to Devscrow. Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:57:26 PM

Cool, good job!  do the top 6 get a bonus or was that a one off ? i only joined last week but think top 6 got a bonus? not sure.

It is top 3.

0.3BTC a week bonus.

This time one bonus was split for 2. lol. Many close competitors for the bonus. Smiley

Congrats to the winners!

Thanks to the campaign managers for their efficient work.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:03:16 PM

Is there any chance that you will increase the max number of posts per week?
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:16:48 PM

Is there any chance that you will increase the max number of posts per week?

Had had discussions about it before. But we weren't expecting 199 posts lol.. We will consider the suggestion Smiley

This is my 2777th post Cheesy
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:22:06 PM

I have another pondering, does next weeks post count start now or from tomorrow?
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:22:42 PM

I have another pondering, does next weeks post count start now or from tomorrow?

From now. Smiley

Your starting post count will be 521. ie. counted from 522nd post onwards. Smiley
Otherwise it will be pretty awkward and boring..
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

NEW  

Local boards will be included from this week onwards!
Conditions to be counted:
1. Constructive
2. Not in off-topic
3. It will be capped at 10% of your total posts made in the week.

Posting about DaDice in local boards in the respective boards is also encouraged. Smiley
jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:49:40 PM

NEW  

1. Constructive
2. Not in off-topic

Posting about DaDice in local boards in the respective boards is also encouraged. Smiley

Woow! So spanish messeges are allow?? Very good! I hope to come soon to this campaign!  Wink
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:51:09 PM

NEW  

1. Constructive
2. Not in off-topic

Woow! So spanish messeges are allow?? Very good! I hope to come soon to this campaign!  Wink

Congratz on making the #800th post Wink

Yep, it is counted. Smiley
jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:55:00 PM

NEW  

1. Constructive
2. Not in off-topic

Congratz on making the #800th post Wink

Yep, it is counted. Smiley

Ok very good to know that counts!!

Any Reward for the 800th?? Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: