Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:04:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:49:59 AM

maybe end of 2015 bitcoin dead Sad

Not this soon. Bitcoin is just going through some issues that are not so huge to worry about. They will fade away soon. Bitcoin is gonna be here for a long time. Bitcoin has a lot of flaws right now, I agree but it is not long when these problems will be over sooon.
There will always be issues, no matter what. We can overcome them all with ease if we work together. For now people realized (Greek crisis greatly help) that bitcoin a cure. Bitcoin price over $300! At least.
Long live bitcoin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:15:10 PM

Not this soon. Bitcoin is just going through some issues that are not so huge to worry about. They will fade away soon. Bitcoin is gonna be here for a long time. Bitcoin has a lot of flaws right now, I agree but it is not long when these problems will be over sooon.
There will always be issues, no matter what. We can overcome them all with ease if we work together. For now people realized (Greek crisis greatly help) that bitcoin a cure. Bitcoin price over $300! At least.
Long live bitcoin!

All the people enjoying the spike of the bitcoin price level should also know that this spike is temporary, the 'to the moon' trip has not yet been stalled, there are much major changes to be made and mindsets to be changed before that happens. Honestly I think it might fall back to 150$. That's when a lot of people will panic, but the smarty pants will buy much much more bitcoins. And after 2-3 years of struggle, ultimate unstoppable boost up.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:19:50 PM

Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.

Flaws are found every day and they are patched quite fast... I don't think there are any major flaws in this system

I don't think he means flaws when he mentions 'major flaws'. I assume he means what if the bitcoin security isn't up to the mark and a huge hack takes place or a lot of people become victims of a huge scam. That will surely affect bitcoin, and I don't think bitcoin can bear anymore negative media attention, people will just stop believing in bitcoin then man.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:23:25 PM

Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.

Flaws are found every day and they are patched quite fast... I don't think there are any major flaws in this system

I don't think he means flaws when he mentions 'major flaws'. I assume he means what if the bitcoin security isn't up to the mark and a huge hack takes place or a lot of people become victims of a huge scam. That will surely affect bitcoin, and I don't think bitcoin can bear anymore negative media attention, people will just stop believing in bitcoin then man.

that's not a problem with bitcoin, but with exchange, if they are incompetent nothign we can do to "patch it", also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge
I E

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

💎 💎 💎 💎 💎

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:26:04 PM

Nope, it will simply not die when so many people are in the network.

Let me know if you want to earn BTC.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:25:15 PM

No no no, bitcoin will live and live long for many more years to come. It is just for the moment it is facing  some issues , every  thing has that bad phase. It will fade away .. Bitcoin has only been here since 5 years. I think you and OP should be patient with bitcoin and its amazing benefits.

yes i think the same
today price 295$... Wink

The price has nothing to do with this issue, a stable price is definitely better than a huge price increase that can collapse at any time, im talking of course for bitcoin not for you or me, of course i would like the price to go up but if its going to be a bubble like it happened before it better stays low and stable

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:31:18 PM

Answer for your Questions is today's Bitcoin value 1.00 XBT = 303.609 USD, Now, I can say that Bitcoin is indeed alive with bright future, this revolution technology proving again and again it's value to all over the world and a big blow to the Naysayers.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:23:48 PM

It's still around $300 a coin. I think "not dead" is a gross understatement.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:57:34 AM

also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge

But don't you think if a major hack takes place where a lot of people lose their money, it would be a very negative thing for the bitcoin community? People will be crazy mad and most will just give up on btc, advise people against it and drop in so much of negativity. Same goes for major scam. I think when people stop valuing bitcoin, it will just die.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:13:18 AM

also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge

But don't you think if a major hack takes place where a lot of people lose their money, it would be a very negative thing for the bitcoin community? People will be crazy mad and most will just give up on btc, advise people against it and drop in so much of negativity. Same goes for major scam. I think when people stop valuing bitcoin, it will just die.

it happened before with the hacker of bitstamp remember? and the price didn't tanked so much, the price in the last year tanked before of the bad sentiment, that was created because of willibot/chinese or whatever that crashed the market from 1200 to 200

a big crash like that is the worst thing that could happen to diminish the trust in bitcoin, worse than any news or hackers
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:41:39 AM

a big crash like that is the worst thing that could happen to diminish the trust in bitcoin, worse than any news or hackers

Yeah, that was the Mt.Gox controversy and they have still left the matter unclear regarding willie. So if such a big crash happens again, you think people will stay? A trustless crypto-based payment system still relies heavily on trusted supports. These 'trusted supports' are mostly unregulated, attracting unscrupulous traders and speculators. What if they attract somebody or something similar to how things went before?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:59:15 PM

A trustless crypto-based payment system still relies heavily on trusted supports. These 'trusted supports' are mostly unregulated, attracting unscrupulous traders and speculators. What if they attract somebody or something similar to how things went before?

There are fully trustable alternatives like ItBit now. Soon there'll be more.

As ever, greed is outweighing everything else. People were sending thousands of dollars into Gox even after it had stopped coin withdrawals in the hope of cheap coins.

The Chinese exchanges have regularly flaked out at vital moments and there are no shortage of red flags. While that juicy leverage is still limping along folks will continue to pour in.

There need to be legit options which offer better features than the shitty exchanges and the demand for accountability from their customers. We're a while away yet.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:37:02 PM

watch now all the articles and new bitcoin falls 25% after Greece bail out, bitcoin cant hold 300 mark, is bitcoin soon to be dead ? media is just funny, i guess any media coverage is better then no coverage.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:26:51 PM

It's still around $300 a coin. I think "not dead" is a gross understatement.

Get your Zombie Coins today, since Bitcoin is dead and gone!  Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:13:34 AM

after all those incidents, bitcoin is still alive, this prove that bitcoin is immortal, and that it is too big to fail already

at this point the only thing that might kill bitcoin would be a new completely money system based on different technology that no one ever seen, like it was with bitcoin with its launch
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:19:38 AM

watch now all the articles and new bitcoin falls 25% after Greece bail out, bitcoin cant hold 300 mark, is bitcoin soon to be dead ? media is just funny, i guess any media coverage is better then no coverage.

The media is controlled by government and im pretty sure the government does not like bitcoins, although its not a huge problem right now it might be in the future for them so giving bitcoin ''bad advertisement'' its their way to try to stop it.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
RonPaulBTC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:51:27 AM

Bitcoin hasn't even begun yet.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:09:08 AM

bitcoin was dead so many times, but it never  really dead. it will grow up.

Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:51:06 AM

It will always resurrect.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:20:12 PM

It will always resurrect.
bitcoin is not really dead, it price just down and people didn't give sympathy so that they can say bitcoin is dead, if the price of bitcoin goes up again people will take it seriously and then they can say now that bitcoin is still alive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: