Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:23:49 AM

dumb shit?

WHo the f*ck do u think u r talking to people like that?

Don't worry I only call people that when they are actually behaving like dumb shits

when dasource, rynomster and/or longdnsshort (or several others) realize what heppened here the Sword of Damacles will come down on you like a hurricane  Angry

dafuq
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:26:30 AM

As quoted by rynomster the lead SDC dev:
more pumping nonsense about "better anon" vaporware.

As implemented today there is no there there. All you have are outputs, which can be used in ring signatures. If and when they implement something different in the future such as zerocoin we can discuss that.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:28:42 AM

Hi CH.
P3RS3US

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:29:13 AM

As implemented today there is no there there. All you have are outputs, which can be used in ring signatures. If and when they implement something different in the future such as zerocoin we can discuss that.

this is non-sequitur
whats the ref?
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:29:59 AM

illodin: u basterd  Wink Cool #inglorious
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:35:08 AM

Besides, he claimed if he has the private keys he can de-anonymize 100% of the network.

Fair point. Since we had numerous different angels on the go that was inappropriate to use in that context (you cannot deanonymize DRK by simply having all the private keys; combine that with 1. logs or 2. ddos network and its a different game) ...
However all my other points stand.

1. You/drk fanboy started this convo by saying cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed to which I responded.
2. To show the weakness in your argument I also pointed out that if a random crypto algo such as ECDSA (used by both) was cracked then it would be more harmful to DRK that Shadow (since anonymous transactions are secured via other algos so therefore your entire argument about using cryptography to secure transactions has flaws as it has a much more profound affect that just anonymity).

Rest pretty much stands ...

So going back to my point, I would be more worried about a "cryptographic" breakage if I was in DRK than Shadow (1,000 DRK masternodes pubkeys here I come Wink)

^ I am with STUPID!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:38:12 AM

this is non-sequitur
For it to be a non-sequitur it would have to be incorrect. It is not.

whats the ref?

Try this, dumb shit:

Quote from: SDC whitepaper

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:43:07 AM

1. You/drk fanboy started this convo by saying cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed to which I responded.

I don't remember anyone saying it's flawed, just that it has risks that are different than the risks in off chain anonymity.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:44:36 AM

this is non-sequitur
For it to be a non-sequitur it would have to be incorrect. It is not.

whats the ref?

Try this, dumb shit:

Quote from: SDC whitepaper

OK

Im not the tech guy
My understanding is this:

SDC is a public token traceable and linkable on the blockchain
SDT is a private token untraceable and unlinkable on the blockchaim

SDT is just as powerful as XMR

The fact u can create/destroy them for SDC might lend an advantage - i dunno

BUT

dont call me a dumb shit again please
Ur a Monero DEV who spends his time on BCT trash-talking crypto peeps?

Lulz.
dasource

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:48:46 AM

I don't remember anyone saying it's flawed, just that it has risks that are different than the risks in off chain anonymity.

It was in another thread also below..

The problem is that while it might be very secure in terms of 'hiding' a transaction, cryptonote puts all its eggs in one basket - a totally centralised solution. Break the cryptonote algo and you've rendered the entire money supply useless with subsequent collapse of the whole financial system based around that currency.

Now tell me how is that any difference to what would happen to DRK if ECDSA was cracked? not only is the entire DRK money supply on the line but I can pull a list of 2000 public address to raid first Wink
You cannot use one argument to suit DRK and then ignore the profound effect it has itself on DRK.

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:49:36 AM

@P3RS3US, dont waste your time .. did you not know CryptoNote was rebranding as Monero ...

^ I am with STUPID!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:51:22 AM

Clue for the clueless: I'm a Monero dev but I'm also a long-time cryptocurrency enthusiast and who doesn't approve of ignorant (or perhaps not ignorant; that would be worse) pumpers using technobabble to rip of non-technical investors by misleading them into believe there is more substance than there actually is.

I'm not trash-talking, I'm calling you out for exactly this sort of scamming.

In fact now that you bring it up, the entire reason I'm involved with Monero at all, is that I recognized Bytecoin for their premine/instamine/ninjamine scam complete with fake suggestions of Cicada 3301 involvement and called them out for their bullshit just like I'm doing now with SDC. The difference is they actually had some substantive new cryptographic technology that was worth rescuing.

Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:55:49 AM

Clue for the clueless: I'm a Monero dev but I'm also a long-time cryptocurrency enthusiast and who doesn't approve of ignorant (or perhaps not ignorant; that would be worse) pumpers using technobabble to rip of non-technical investors by misleading them into believe there is more substance than there actually is.

You are the one scamming and FUDing and using the technobabble to make investors believe there is less than there actually is with SDC.  It makes sense that this would be your motive as a Monero dev, because Shadow would eat into your market share and is a threat to you.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:56:35 AM

You are the one scamming and FUDing and using the technobabble to make investors believe there is less than there actually is with SDC.  It makes sense that this would be your motive as a Monero dev, because Shadow would eat into your market share and is a threat to you.

Yessir, that explains the quote from the SDC whitepaper. Fabricated obviously. Fucking Monero scammers are faking a white paper now.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:57:35 AM

In fact now that you bring it up, the entire reason I'm involved with Monero at all, is that I recognized Bytecoin for their premise/instamine/ninjamine scam complete with fake suggestions of Cicada 3301 involvement and called them out for their bullshit just like I'm doing now with SDC. The difference is they actually had some substantive new cryptographic technology that was worth rescuing.

Dude… u don't know me… don't get personal. This is about tech.

+ u drop shit like "Cicada 3301" trying to flummox ur opponents with fancy terms. C'mon man… speak english
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:59:01 AM

Lulz.

Why should 'Dev's' be held to a higher standard; if you're allowed to curse at him, why can't he curse at you?

Most of today's 'Dev's' do nothing more than change a few lines of code anyway. They're over glorified.

*not directed at anyone in particular. (maybe Dan Metacalf)

Edit: Sine when did these 'Dev's' become peoples personal Gods? Maybe this should be a new topic all by itself.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:01:35 AM

Lulz.

Why should 'Dev's' be held to a higher standard; if you're allowed to curse at him, why can't he curse at you?

Most of today's 'Dev's' do nothing more than change a few lines of code anyway. They're over glorified.

smooth spends a lot of time protecting his interests on BCT.
More time than actual dev'ing IMO.

Whats wrong with this picture is all I'm asking?
NVM smooth will have a smart-ass comeback 4 sure

He knows SDT are like CN/XMR (with more rings sigs)
He knows…
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:03:17 AM

True but this doesn't apply to SDC or Monero or DRK.

SDC (along with several others using a similar model) is a slightly different sort of scam from most alts, where they actually did some significant coding, but then blow way out of proportion the novelty and value of it with a lot of misleading technobabble.

Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:03:55 AM

Lulz.

smooth spends a lot of time protecting his interests on BCT.
More time than actual dev'ing IMO.

Whats wrong with this picture is all I'm asking?
NVM smooth will have a smart-ass comeback 4 sure

If you've been on these forums for more than a week you'd see that everyone has their own personal agenda no matter what. Even the person you're talking to.

So what if Smooth is affiliated with another currency. Let him voice what he thinks without hiding behind a second account.

True but this doesn't apply to SDC or Monero or DRK.

SDC (along with several others using a similar model) is a slightly different sort of scam from most alts, where they actually did some significant coding, but then blow way out of proportion the novelty and value of it with a lot of misleading technobabble.

You're missing my point.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:04:46 AM

He knows SDT are like CN/XMR (with more rings sigs)
He knows…

It doesn't have "more ring sigs." That phrase doesn't even mean anything (more technobabble). Both coins allow the user to specify the desired number of mixins in a ring sig.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: