Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:22:07 AM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have 

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

There was no Shadow instamine at all.  It was mined POW for about 3 weeks from my understanding.  Most miners dumped for cheap it seems since you can pick up about 1% of the total Shadow supply for like 12-15 btc at current prices.

Navajo has some similarities to DRK actually.  This is because Navajo started as summercoin, then later changed to try and be an anonymous coin.  This is similar to how DRK started off as X-coin or something.  How many people scooped up the supply when it was the unknown summercoin?  This is probably why the market cap is somewhat inflated for NAV.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:24:06 AM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
Anonymous Network.

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have 

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

There was no Shadow instamine at all.  It was mined POW for about 3 weeks from my understanding.  Most miners dumped for cheap it seems since you can pick up about 1% of the total Shadow supply for like 12-15 btc at current prices.

Navajo has some similarities to DRK actually.  This is because Navajo started as summercoin, then later changed to try and be an anonymous coin.  This is similar to how DRK started off as X-coin or something.  How many people scooped up the supply when it was the unknown summercoin?  This is probably why the market cap is somewhat inflated for NAV.

Pline he was talking about the dark instamine.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:25:41 AM

Node Maintenance:
Anonymous Network.

Pline he was talking about the dark instamine.

Oh I see, yeah the word "shadow" threw me off Smiley
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:27:17 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 12:58:35 AM by Joshuar

2 tier is just the marketing name they use, and there are many other coins doing the same thing. Darkcoin is PoW/PoS, just like whitecoin, blackcoin, Peercoin etc etc(Which was the first hybrid PoW/PoS). Masternodes are PoS and get rewarded for just being online, and the mining does the PoW.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
JusTrynaMakeIt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:58:31 AM

Nav Nav baby: soon to be the daddy of anonymity  Cool
JusTrynaMakeIt

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:05:20 AM

hashforce101

Activity: 266

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAVAJO COIN - ANON LIVE!!! / HARDFORK ● CHAT ● Faucet! Version 2.07
Today at 12:40:40 AM
Reply with quote  #13089
A world class Peer Review will send this Beast past Pluto and establish Navajocoin State of the Art Anonymous Network and it's Navajocoin Development team Lead by Soopy as the best in the world. With 0 doubts.

NavajoCoin - The Unbreakable Code now running via 12 servers. Encryption at it's finest. Totally off the Grid

If i want to convert $100,000 BTC and send it very securly via NavajoCoin network and I know its secure for the USA 2016 election and then converted to BTC again. I need 0 doubt
Report to moderator 
★ NavajoCoin ★ NavajoCoin Asynchronous Encryption Technology The Unbreakable Code! Join the NavajoCoin Team! Yes you can as an Investor! Stay up to date with Latest Progress and Developments First!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=680884.0
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:05:47 AM

To whom it may apply, can you add (NAV) to the forum title alongside all the other anon coins initials.

Thanks Smiley

You suddenly show up here with all your fake newbie account with a centralized coin I don't trust at all... Seems really fishy to me, I won't add your coin in any case.

I don't really think DRK is a scam even if I don't really like this coin, same for XMR but NAV seems like a huge pump and dump scam to me.
If anyone I know and I trust want to make it change, that's okay. But not because some newbie mooner/spammer account is asking me.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:07:10 AM

To whom it may apply, can you add (NAV) to the forum title alongside all the other anon coins initials.

Thanks Smiley

You suddenly show up here with all your fake newbie account with a centralized coin I don't trust at all... Seems really fishy to me, I won't add your coin in any case.

I don't really think DRK is a scam even if I don't really like this coin, same for XMR but NAV seems like a huge pump and dump scam to me.
If anyone I know and I trust want to make it change, that's okay. But not because some newbie mooner/spammer account is asking me.

All I know about Navajo is that it was nothing at staked attacked (doublespent) twice. What anon system does it use?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
JusTrynaMakeIt

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:12:25 AM

Even you was a newbie at one point! now get that cock outta your ass and put NAV up there u mug.. if u dont want to then dont,, NAV is still going to the moon u just pissed u never got in early.. and i state once again decentralisaiton is a gradual process atleast theres no premine to this beautiful coin.. many other POS ANON coins have had a premine. Dark is legit to me so is NAV, theres just some stupid pump and dump groups making 1-2ksat pro dum idiots.. soon watch the streamlined growth  Smiley
juguelio

Activity: 687

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

Thanks Smiley

All I know about Navajo is that it was nothing at staked attacked (doublespent) twice. What anon system does it use?

Hi mate, the doublespent attack happened before anon. That's why it was put on hold to secure the network. Actually NavajoCoin is the only (or one of the few) coin that survived such an attack and came back stronger!
Thanks!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:36:26 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 02:06:13 AM by hashforce101

As a foundation member and long term investor I don’t want users to setup there own nodes and have away to sniff the system - Letting the SYSTEM choose a random node without human influence is perfect for me.

We are not going down the path of DRK and any comparisons shouldn’t be made. You can compare DRK to its 100 + clones and doing the masternode talk there

NavajoCoin uses Subchains and Double Encryption - You cant link the send transaction to the received ALL via a simple interface and no fuse and not needing to be a rocket scientist to send coins.

I will always vote against people given access to creates NODES - the system is already running fine.

Also I totally get why people focus on the NODES - Its what has been done in the PAST -

The node is just the first stage of the transactions - after that its inside the Grid doing its thing as per the whitepaper and arriving on the other end. - SIMPLE

~hashforce101~
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:53:38 AM

100% off the grid transactions is the primary guidline . the most secure unbreakable code on the planet - The code is the most important part and the Anonimty of the cash from point A to Point B is the most important thing. We dont need to make money from NODES like DRK does and we dont need rocket scientist adding to complexity. let the system do the work inside the NavajoCoin network -

Starting with a random node - moving in sequnce as per the whitepaper - http://www.navajocoin.org/pdf/navajocoin.pdf

Someone convince me about nodes to the public - and Ill change my VOTE
JusTrynaMakeIt

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:20:22 AM

Tell it how it is hashforce!  Wink
JusTrynaMakeIt

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:39:01 AM

someone dumped on SDC what happened?
00Smurf

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:42:18 AM

someone dumped on SDC what happened?

Have you ever looked at a market chart, they move in waves up and down, People buy people sell. Markets don't go straight up and there is always a correction. and 28k sats -> 25k sats is not a dump its a market correction.
JusTrynaMakeIt

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:53:15 AM

what a nerd haha i expected some sarcasm mate..never lose touch with your sense of humour and im fine with financial analysis orite mate  Smiley
00Smurf

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:19:58 AM

what a nerd haha i expected some sarcasm mate..never lose touch with your sense of humour and im fine with financial analysis orite mate  Smiley

lol you've obviously not seen some of my posts, I def keep my humor. I just get annoyed at the people who expect a market to go up all the time. And call a slight correction a dump.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:55:57 AM

2 tier is just the marketing name they use, and there are many other coins doing the same thing. Darkcoin is PoW/PoS, just like whitecoin, blackcoin, Peercoin etc etc(Which was the first hybrid PoW/PoS). Masternodes are PoS and get rewarded for just being online, and the mining does the PoW.

Garbage.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:00:03 PM

Garbage.

It is the truth however.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:23:53 PM

Of course it's true, you are proofing a stake of 1000 DRK to launch a masternode.
You must be totally narrow minded to not see how this is a proof of stake system;

i explained it here already: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10869229#msg10869229

They don't need to BUY coins; Darkcoin is essentially a Proof of Stake system and with it there come all the problems as proof of stake system brings you i.e. if you own a lot of coins (see below) you own the network.

They are a 3 letter agency, they will kindly ask Amazon, Digital Ocean etc. to give them access to masternodes
OR
They will kindly ask Cryptsy, Bitfinex, etc. to lend them their coldwallet of DRK
OR
They will confiscate them sooner or later a la SR
OR
They will hack and steal them.

Cost = 0 USD.

Whatever happens, you won't even notice it if they are clever.

Due to the way a PoS system works i.e. richer people get even richer they will own more and more nodes when the time goes by...In this case they will own the network forever and theres no way you can ever stop them.

I am not even sure why you think that they need to own masternodes to deanonymze it...It's not how i would do it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: