Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:08:21 AM

+ u drop shit like "Cicada 3301" trying to flummox ur opponents with fancy terms. C'mon man… speak english

It's not a fancy term it is something that was used by the Bytecoin scammers to try to pump their stuff, the same way SDC pumpers imply some connection to zerocoin technology when there is in fact no connection at all. If you don't know about Cicada 3301 try wikipedia.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:11:16 AM

+ u drop shit like "Cicada 3301" trying to flummox ur opponents with fancy terms. C'mon man… speak english

It's not a fancy term it is something that was used by the Bytecoin scammers to try to pump their stuff, the same way SDC pumpers imply some connection to zerocoin technology when there is in fact no connection at all. If you don't know about Cicada 3301 try wikipedia.

Ha! A cryptocurrency tried to market itself as being part of that? Too funny.
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:11:56 AM

As quoted by rynomster the lead SDC dev:
more pumping nonsense about "better anon" vaporware.

As implemented today there is no there there. All you have are outputs, which can be used in ring signatures. If and when they implement something different in the future such as zerocoin we can discuss that.

this is non-sequitur
For it to be a non-sequitur it would have to be incorrect. It is not.

whats the ref?

Try this, dumb shit:

Quote from: SDC whitepaper

This "SDC whitepaper" is faked as fuck.
If you want to expose some arguments against SDC community members, for saying false statements about tech, go on with real quotes.

But please don't use fakes like this to gain some credit.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:13:59 AM

Try this, dumb shit:

If you want to expose some arguments against SDC community members, for saying false statements about tech, go on with real quotes.

That's definitely in the SDC Whitpaper at specifically 3.2.2

(just like the image shows  Roll Eyes )
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:23:40 AM

Try this, dumb shit:

(just like the image shows  Roll Eyes )

What exactly is the point that this quote is supposed to prove? Seems like smooth is just spouting some more technobabble.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:30:34 AM

Try this, dumb shit:

What exactly is the point that this quote is supposed to prove? Seems like smooth is just spouting some more technobabble.

Fake whitepapers, technobable quotes. Wow, what will those Monero scammers do next?

It proves these so-called "tokens" in SDC just has outputs on the blockchain, which are the exact same thing that (nearly; excluding the few that are account-based such as XCN) every other cryptocurrency. has There is no substance to this "tokens just like zerocash" talking point you pumpers came up with.
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:31:19 AM

Try this, dumb shit:

My bad, I apologize for this mistake.

But anyway folks, please listen.
There is waaaay too much agressivity in this thread right now.

I'd like to rebound of the post talking about SDC awarness, I don't remember who posted it and i'm too lazy to quote it but anyway...
Shadowcash is indeed like peanuts to DRK/XMR yet and as he said, spreading the word about a coin is more important than the coin itself. Then, this thread, which includes the best anon coins, is obviously advertising SDC and I admit I thought about it while creating this thread completed by ffmad, one of the greatest Shadow community member, by his chart.

I think the chart itself can resume enough the projects without insulting each others. I mean... the chart is true, isn't it ? If he is not, then make me know and we'll make the appropriates changes.

I suggest everyone here keep his calm, bringing hate between every community won't help anyone but discrediting every coin involved.
I also apologize for my previous anger, that wasn't needed.

So please from now on, take it easy folks
P3RS3US

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:32:43 AM

He knows SDT are like CN/XMR (with more rings sigs)
He knows…

It doesn't have "more ring sigs." That phrase doesn't even mean anything (more technobabble). Both coins allow the user to specify the desired number of mixins in a ring sig.

yes but default in XMR is 3, in Shadow is 16
dont ask me why
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:38:24 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 01:50:27 AM by P3RS3US

Try this, dumb shit:

Fake whitepapers, technobable quotes. Wow, what will those Monero scammers do next?

It proves these so-called "tokens" in SDC just has outputs on the blockchain, which are the exact same thing that (nearly; excluding the few that are account-based such as XCN) every other cryptocurrency. has There is no substance to this "tokens just like zerocash" talking point you pumpers came up with.

Angry

You know not of which you speak Sir Smooth
edited
http://shadowchain.info/tx/44130384f6099ab57be8e801b0a50d7cd39eeca53fa98a847c93526189f1c535

How u get away with what u do is beyond me. Thankfully u r not the final Arbiter.

(altho u might b last Airbender Wink )
jk?
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:39:12 AM

He knows…

It doesn't have "more ring sigs." That phrase doesn't even mean anything (more technobabble). Both coins allow the user to specify the desired number of mixins in a ring sig.

dont ask me why

Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge.

Is SDC utilizing two chains for anonymity?

A token being based on an output would be a terrible starting point for anonymity because with my understanding the starting token is published in the blockchain from the get go compared to a freshly generated never used address. (hell of a run on sentence)
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:42:47 AM

He knows…

dont ask me why

Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge.

Is SDC utilizing two chains for anonymity?

A token being based on an output would be a terrible starting point for anonymity because with my understanding the starting token is published in the blockchain from the get go compared to a freshly generated never used address. (hell of a run on sentence)

Incoming Peer Review should settle matters. As I said - Im not the tech guy

Since the Team is mostly Europe/Africa based this is a bad time of day to get the heavyweights in Sad
wait a few hrs Wink

if impatient check post history for dasource who was on form earlier today in this thread

@smooth - u said b4 16 "wasnt so bad" (in bloat terms)
should i dig up the quote?

THEREFOR

WHY DOES MONERO NOT USE 16, OR 8…?
WHY A PUNY 3 AS DEFAULT?
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:44:05 AM

Try this, dumb shit:

The tokens have outputs on the blockchain.  But there was a reason for choosing tokens, and that is because the devs are building towards a direction that they are striving for.  Let me quote rynomaster the lead dev again:

The reason we opted for anonymous tokens, instead of direct anonymous outputs to ringsigs, is because we're building towards direction we're heading in. What we're striving for... Encrypted values, with perfect nizkps, proving all values of inputs are real, without revealing any information about where they come from.

We're looking at many things, like homomorphic encryption, snarks, etc...
http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/976
snarks are advancing, along with many other ideas... We are not for limiting ourselves, but for bettering our [collective] future

So it seems that the plan is to add zkSNARKS in the future once they are out and fully trustless, and this is the main reason for tokens. SNARKS are still developing and there are still some obstacles before they are fully trustless from my understanding.  My guess is once implemented, this would look similar to the second zerocash whitepaper that includes SNARK discussions. Although I know smooth will just call this vaporware, I think these Shadow devs deserve credit for building a foundation that makes it obvious the direction they are heading in.  They are proving themselves, and should be respected.  Definitely they should not be disrespected and FUDed, and called names, and called a scam.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:46:28 AM

WTFF?

That's just a regular BTC-style transaction. Has nothing to do with anon at all.

Quote from: Propulsion
Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge

It would if anyone ever used SDC (with the default mix factor). Granted all cryptocurrencies (BTC included) are toys at this point.

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous responses without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:48:07 AM

WHY DOES MONERO NOT USE 16, OR 8…?

Because 3 is good enough as a default, and provides a high degree of mixing of the overall blockchain for routine transactions (keeping it non-transparent) with a minimum of bloat. If people want higher mixing on particular transactions where it is needed they are free to do that.
RandomBTCinvestor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:48:42 AM

WTFF?

That's just a regular BTC-style transaction. Has nothing to do with anon at all.

Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge

It would if anyone ever used SDC (with the default mix factor). Granted all cryptocurrencies (BTC included) are toys at this point.

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous comments without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.

Hey man, don't take what is said here by some community members for the entire community and the core dev' team itself.
And this statement is only worth for SDC community members but also XMR and DRK ones.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:49:31 AM

snipped

WTFF?

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous responses without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.

Whoops

This one http://shadowchain.info/tx/44130384f6099ab57be8e801b0a50d7cd39eeca53fa98a847c93526189f1c535
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:51:46 AM

snipped

WTFF?

Whoops

This one http://shadowchain.info/tx/44130384f6099ab57be8e801b0a50d7cd39eeca53fa98a847c93526189f1c535

I see a bunch of stuff your chain explorer is not capable of properly decoding, and a bunch of outputs (i.e. "tokens") that looks just like any other cryptonote chain.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:52:29 AM

How many rounds is that? It looks like the equivalent size of ten regular TX's.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:58:35 AM

How many rounds is that? It looks like the equivalent size of ten regular TX's.

was sent using 16 ring sigs

the explorer works fine btw smooth
happily my blunder demonstrates the duality of Shadow (XMR/CN + BTC)

YOU CANNOT SEE SENDER, RECEIVER OR AMOUNT
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:01:12 AM

It does not work fine, it doesn't decode the opcode of your ringsig stuff because u never added parsing of your shit it to the ABE codebase;

What you just showed us is broken software that spits out gibberish and claim "this is anon".
Awesome try.

That's like feeding MP4 files to an old MP3 player....or even better sticking a Bluray into a DVD Player and calling it Anon.

Nice try tho - i am sure some people here fell for it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: