Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: i quit  (Read 142513 times)
mellon
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:23:08 PM

Hello community,

I did my own investigation. In my opinion, the reason so many forks is an error somewhere on the border of calculating the fees, creating a new block and calculating POS rewards  - or somewhere in this area.
This error causes that we have a situation where each wallet is a fork just shortly after starting pos'ing - and is not able to return to a proper chain, even if it detects that it is in the fork.
I developed a patch that allows to return to a proper chain - but it is ugly, because it does not remove the root cause of a fork. It only allows to follow a chain of block explorer (POS also works correctly).
I do not have time to work on a patch over the weekend, but on Monday I will start work on the original problem ( which I mentioned above) - if someone else by that time will not solve this problem.

Regards,

PS: I wrote this message using google translator.
+1

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
.steepcoinproject@gmail.com.
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:44:05 PM

Hello community,

I did my own investigation. In my opinion, the reason so many forks is an error somewhere on the border of calculating the fees, creating a new block and calculating POS rewards  - or somewhere in this area.
This error causes that we have a situation where each wallet is a fork just shortly after starting pos'ing - and is not able to return to a proper chain, even if it detects that it is in the fork.
I developed a patch that allows to return to a proper chain - but it is ugly, because it does not remove the root cause of a fork. It only allows to follow a chain of block explorer (POS also works correctly).
I do not have time to work on a patch over the weekend, but on Monday I will start work on the original problem ( which I mentioned above) - if someone else by that time will not solve this problem.

Regards,

PS: I wrote this message using google translator.

you mean the return 0 i think?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:11:37 PM

Is block expl lag?
I think that we are now lost current workable chain.

We probably need to get the explorer on the same page as the rest of us in order to not fork away from it.Im waiting instruction from MinerFTW and ill pm Cryptoplorer and get him to implement the change if we are certain this is the fix  . I think the explorer is going to have same issue we are if he doesnt connect to right nodes.. Or are using old wallet..

Best Regards
d57heinz

I don't think so, d57heinz. The explorer is deamon service only, it does not stake then it should be right chain. The wallet fork issue only occurs when we stake.

I quote what I sent to dev my investigation and suggesstion

I think the wallet fork issue after block 40k is still around. I've faced 2 times forks after checkpoint server running well on MinerFTW's vps. It seems smoother but it is still out there.

Once wallet fork occurs, there is no chance to get sync again automatically from checkpoint server and master nodes, it will continue wrong chain and so on. Then I have to re-sync from beginning.

Before that, blocks < 40k, it was different (if a block generated but another got it first, it will be orphaned and continue sync correctly).

Please pay attention to it, I am pretty sure it happened. Please do improve the wallet.
im tell that yersterday too but it's a spam.

I recall my words, I agree explorer is on wrong chain now. Because of MinerFTW's checkpoint server is working well and gave correct chain.

Here is a temporary block explorer check MinerFTW made by follow the checkpoint server
http://www.sooncoin.com/litedogeex/block_crawler.php
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:22:36 PM

Ok, now I have all information and can explain everything here. Sorry for my bad English if you cannot understand what I mean.

At first, after block 40k, everything went wrong because of each wallet generated wrong chain itself and does not keep up with explorer and network -> many version of chain.

Few days after, Dev blinked in (very lazy dev, I am blamming you) and sync his checkpoint server with explorer (via my wallet). He also released fix version of wallet about the checkpoint. Then PoS was working smoothly for 1-2 hours til dev's crappy checkpoint server down again while he blinked out.

Today, dev gives MinerFTW checkpoint privatekey. The checkpoint server is stayed with MinerFTW and is working smoothly now and so on (will be). But fork again after few try because of many obsolete, wrong chain nodes are still out there, keeping "poising" each other.

Finally, MinerFTW found out, if we put the entry listen=0 to .conf file, the wallet connects to correct nodes only. To fix everything, follow my steps bellow:

Step 1: Download new wallet at first post

Step 2: Clean %appdata%\roamming\LiteDoge except wallet.dat (DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT IN ANY CASE)

Step 3: Create litedoge.conf and add bellow entries
addnode=91.121.6.19
addnode=93.157.4.11
listen=0

Step 4: Run wallet and wait for synced up (should have 2 connections)

Step 5: Unlock wallet to begin stake

Good luck everyone!

I can confirm everything is working smooth after all. Current explorer is on wrong chain with Checkpoint Server (the master node). That why MinerFTW created bellow temporary block explorer til the main explorer is fixed.
http://www.sooncoin.com/litedogeex/block_crawler.php

Since, we have to do
1. Tell the explorer at cryptoplorer.com:3011 update fixed wallet and re-sync with master node (d57heinz, can you do it?)
2. Contact the exchangers (Bittrex, C-Cex, Yobit,...) to update fixed wallet and re-sync with master node (can someone do it because my English is so bad)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:26:08 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:02:19 PM by not.you

So are we saying the chain we want to keep is not the one that the explorer is on now?

Is block expl lag?
I think that we are now lost current workable chain.

We probably need to get the explorer on the same page as the rest of us in order to not fork away from it.Im waiting instruction from MinerFTW and ill pm Cryptoplorer and get him to implement the change if we are certain this is the fix  . I think the explorer is going to have same issue we are if he doesnt connect to right nodes.. Or are using old wallet..

Best Regards
d57heinz

This^

As long as the explorer(s) and exchanges do not stake they shouldn't fork (until the main forking problem is fixed).  We should let them all know that.  I can't see any reason for the explorer to stake but the exchanges might be.

EDIT: The explorer at cryptoplorer is all jacked now. Hopefully that means they are updating to new wallet on other chain...

EDIT 2: I put in a support ticket at bittrex.  Not sure if there is a better way to inform them.
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:03:17 PM

i had contact with bittrex already last night i think richie forgot to put it back online.

btw if exchanges use wallet inside wallet(accounts) they can't stake at all.

D57 had send owner of explorer a message already today and will be fixed this weekend he said also.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:10:08 PM

i had contact with bittrex already last night i think richie forgot to put it back online.

D57 had send owner of explorer a message already today and will be fixed this weekend he said also.

I didn't forget... i just wanted it to run for a while without forking Wink

its back online.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:34:55 PM

I didn't forget... i just wanted it to run for a while without forking Wink

its back online.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Thank you richie. cool to be back in trading Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

Nice!  And there isn't a huge dump happening so that bodes well.
lordcisco

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:17:59 PM

SO WHATS THE https://i.imgur.com/5qwkBFJ.jpg CLEAR FIX
heavensopen

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:34:50 PM

Ehmm...
I made a withdrawal from Bittrex but can't see it on explorers
block crawler says: No information available about transaction(Error Code: -5)   
cryptoplorer gives an error, not working at all

txid: b13b88fd8f6e44ddc3323517dc6be1f79920a11ece40173c738eea43862b6e92

anyone has any idea?
microteam

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

alcurEX LDOGE wallet and nodes updated.
https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/market?pair=LDOGE_BTC
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:59:57 PM

Ehmm...

anyone has any idea?

Sounds like bittrex is not on the same chain if that txid is accurate.  I have had no issue staying on the same chain with the new nodes so I almost wonder if they resynced to the new chain when they reactivated.  But seriously they must have encountered this kind of thing many times, hard to imagine they wouldn't have resynced to the correct chain.
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:04:53 PM

Ehmm...

anyone has any idea?

Sounds like bittrex is not on the same chain if that txid is accurate.  I have had no issue staying on the same chain with the new nodes so I almost wonder if they resynced to the new chain when they reactivated.  But seriously they must have encountered this kind of thing many times, hard to imagine they wouldn't have resynced to the correct chain.

they use the same chain and new nodes.

that crawler is a fast and old script though its pure to see same chain etc. its to complicated to see any good info on it. so i would say please be patient till the original explorer is back.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
heavensopen

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:05:49 PM

Ehmm...

anyone has any idea?

Sounds like bittrex is not on the same chain if that txid is accurate.  I have had no issue staying on the same chain with the new nodes so I almost wonder if they resynced to the new chain when they reactivated.  But seriously they must have encountered this kind of thing many times, hard to imagine they wouldn't have resynced to the correct chain.

I have thought of this
But since Bittrex synced with the same nodes I am using (at least I think so, because they used the nodes from this thread) we should be on the same chain. And since I can see my stakes on Block Crawler, I would expect to find that txid in there too.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:08:36 PM

Ehmm...

anyone has any idea?

I have thought of this
But since Bittrex synced with the same nodes I am using (at least I think so, because they used the nodes from this thread) we should be on the same chain. And since I can see my stakes on Block Crawler, I would expect to find that txid in there too.

Then there is a mistake with the txid?  Only so many possibilities here.  I assume the coins haven't showed and with quick blocks they should have by now.
heavensopen

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:13:42 PM

Ehmm...

anyone has any idea?

I have thought of this

Then there is a mistake with the txid?  Only so many possibilities here.  I assume the coins haven't showed and with quick blocks they should have by now.

Nope, they haven't
txid is copy/paste from Bittrex - I think I am qualified to copy/paste something Tongue

@MinerFTW - I am a much patient type of guy Cheesy
I checked the crawler because I know the coins should have been here quite a while ago and it puzzles me that it can't find the txid
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:16:47 PM

same here. should show if send. they are on right chain it looks like.

hope dev makes the changes i said to him so we have a stable/solid fix complete Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
litedoge

Activity: 280

wow much coin such love

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:42:21 PM

Looks like this formula is working:

Step 1: Download new wallet at first page

Step 2: Clean %appdata%\roamming\LiteDoge except wallet.dat (DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT IN ANY CASE)

Step 3: Create litedoge.conf and add bellow entries

addnode=91.121.6.19
addnode=93.157.4.11
listen=0

Take Note: "Listen=0" must be below the addnode lines

Step 4: Run wallet and wait for synced up (should have 2 connections)

Step 5: Unlock wallet to begin stake

The main goal now is to get the original explorer back.

Big thanks for everyone who contributed so far. Wink
xPooky

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:54:00 PM

on which block are we now
i just tried to withdraw from bittrex but coins never arrived
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: