Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 06:46:03 AM

If the j/gh ratio is real, this is gonna be a game changer!  Grin

it wont be. guarenteed thats at the lowest voltage/frequency, and probably for just the chip (doesnt include regulator loss, PSU loss, other power draws like a controller/fan)

realisticlaly in a final product, this would probably range 0.28W-0.50W depending on settings (ie: similar to the Bitmain chip)

Agreed, looks extremely similar power consumption to the S5's chip on sha256 mode. The scrypt mode looks more appealing, and we don't yet know what we'll be able to do in dual mining modes. If its anything like the gen 1 chips then I don't think many people will dual mine.
Dogie, I think it's high time you'll put a disclaimer about your BitmainTech affiliation somewhere in your signature or personal text.

I only speak on behalf of those companies within their own threads, am I not allowed to hold an opinion any more?

Anyway, the lowest tested efficiency is extremely close to that of the BM1384 and BE300 tests. And as others have already said, the lowest efficiency point is not going to be the shipping stock efficiency. Hence people should remain realistic in their expectations. Do you disagree?
Dogie, you're certainly allowed your own opinion.
I didn't ask you not to voice it. I asked you to make your affiliation clear. A simple one line statement in your signature will do.

I don't believe you can separate your involvement to the threads only. Moreover, you clearly admit you're much more involved in BitmainTech these days:

I am an official representative of Bitmain and work extremely close with them on miner design and technical support ...

A fact that a BitmainTech representative partially confirmed to me by email:

dogie's responsibility was reduced but he will be given a different task...  either way, its not ending

You can't eat your cake, and have it to.
Why do you resist making your affiliation clear ?

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:21:48 AM

I think the more "unclear" Dogie's relationship is with Bitmain it makes it easier for Spondoolies to maintain a clear customer service lead.

Whatever the diminished roll he has it really isn't benefiting Bitmain seems to do the opposite if even their main competitor is willing to openly take measured pot shots at his affiliation.

Compare the tenor of this thread versus Bitmain threads where Dogie's been posting. Seems to be a much better atmosphere here and actual answers seem to make out it to even the most disgruntled Spondoolies customers whereas Dogie's intervention has had the opposite effect in some cases.

I guess asking them why the keep Dogie at all would be the next question. Baffling.

How is the new chip coming along Guy?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 08:32:50 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 10:42:40 AM by dogie

I don't believe you can separate your involvement to the threads only.
That's a reflection on you, not me.

You can't eat your cake, and have it to. Why do you resist making your affiliation clear ?
1) Because you're imposing your own perceived inability to stay neutral in my situation, on me. It doesn't transfer.
2) There is now a link to the disclaimers post in my sig.
3) Was I wrong in my statements?
4) Is this relevant to an Sfards thread? No. Could you have PM'ed this rather than dragging this thread off topic from chip discussions? Yes.

I think the more "unclear" Dogie's relationship is with Bitmain it makes it easier for Spondoolies to maintain a clear customer service lead. Seems to be a much better atmosphere here and actual answers seem to make out it to even the most disgruntled Spondoolies customers whereas Dogie's intervention has had the opposite effect in some cases. How is the new chip coming along Guy?
Bick, you are aware this isn't a SpondooliesTech thread, right?

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:16:31 AM

The ASIC’s lowest working voltage is 0.45V, with lowest BTC efficiency at 0.19J/GH,

It is very interesting that the FDSOI process is able to let the chip running at this super voltage, which is good for promoting the efficiency. Not every process will allow the chip to run at this voltage. What is the hashrate for the chip when it is running at 0.45V?

After strenuous testing of the SF3301, we reached hashrates of 152GH/s for SHA-256

What is voltage when the chip is running at 152GH/s?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 10:19:07 AM

2) There is now a link to the disclaimers post in my sig ...
Appreciated.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:29:39 PM

Congratulations.
Nice to see another BGA ASIC.

Guy

Thank you Guy.

Sounds great but at what cost $ per gh would you be willing to spend on this?  That will come later of course but an estimated goal would be nice to know.
Great question. Specific pricing will be published as the miner ready to ship, so please keep following our updates.

Another post that says nothing. Lowest efficiency 0.19J/GH, but at what hashrate? My guess 50GH. Highest hashrate 152GH, but at what efficiency? My guess 0.4J/GH. "After strenuous testing" you are just posting marketing shit and no meaningful data.
The total specifications will be published with our datasheet in the following way, stay tuned!

Saying all of that, when do you *think* we will see a functioning product, and will you hold true to the April date or will it be longer?
I think those are fair questions you could answer without giving too much away.

Are you planning batches?
IS there a way to be on some form of list for orders when they begin to ship?
If you have review units available I will purchase one from you, or from one of the reviewers.
I am a sucker for toys, and with the SPtech recommendation for this company I am ready to throw some cash at them.
In fact, we currently only release our ASICs, and our engineers are in processing of developing the debut miner, we will update the miner information in real-time.
Sfards (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:42:24 PM

We’d like to reiterate that our ASIC’s development board design and its software will be published in April. Is there anyone interested in the development board? Or anyone enjoy to use it personalize your miners? 

It would be great if we could cultivate some discussion about these documents both to help with future projects and to enable developers to get the most out of them.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 01:44:27 PM

We’d like to reiterate that our ASIC’s development board design and its software will be published in April. Is there anyone interested in the development board? Or anyone enjoy to use it personalize your miners?  

It would be great if we could cultivate some discussion about these documents both to help with future projects and to enable developers to get the most out of them.

You'll find that there are MANY who'd be interested in your dev board, count me in!
Also, I think you may need to update the thread title ....[Updated 15/4/15]

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:21:34 PM

I'd be interested in some of the basic data and/or the datasheet for the ASIC - so I can update the wiki entry, if nothing else Smiley

jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 02:58:38 PM

I'm interested in your products, how many chips have the dev board?, how many chips uses your first product?, can I test your product or dev board?

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:18:27 PM

I'm interested in dev board design, bare asics for custom design, and maybe assembled dev board.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:12:22 PM

We can appreciate your openess.  Thanks I'm sure there is more than a few qualified to do so.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:31:40 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:09:04 AM by notlist3d

Thank you for coming out with more info.  It is nice to get information along the way of your development.  

DRKMSTR

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 05:33:51 PM

Just like everyone else, I'd like to get my hands on a unit.

Oh and please keep your political arguments out of this thread, it's for SFARDS Announcement!

The MAD DOGE: http://maddoge.com/
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:28:48 PM

Sense I have no way of using  a DEV board etc i would love to know the price, speeds, etc . so i can save for one, to add to my small farm .

SO in my case no board . BTw im getting ready to buy one of the G blade blacks  slowly building my farm got my power cost lowered to 0.0855 from 0.0917 just had a 240 line put in etc  its a really nice hobby for me .
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:21:46 PM

I would definitely be interested.
Please send me details so I may make an informed decision.

Thank you for responding, and I think you will find the more open you are, the more criticism will come, but you will also make a much better product which will win out over said criticism.
That is one of the biggest reasons Spondoolies has people begging them for a product.
You can't buy customer loyalty, but you can lose it in one e-mail, or lack of one.

As us old guys say GG, we are looking forward to it.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

They stated April for functioning miners right?
Did I misunderstand?

I hope they haven't been mining with full blown hardware in a 250,000 square foot facility for the past two weeks and are telling us they have chips ready for others ala bitstain style

I was discussing this with a good guy the other day. It was obvious to both of us our equipment was mined with for a considerable time. He has new S5s, with new being the chosen word, but not the actual product. I read the BS about the sand coming from an open window or windows in the test area, but I also have seen more than enough pictures and heard from so many others about the dirt inside their equipment. My bud asked me if I wouldn't do the same thing. I said no, I would never be able to sleep at night. I would sell them as used for X amount of days. I believe people would still buy them at the same price. Look at how many people are still buying them. You can be honest, make the same amount of money or more, and feel great about your choices. Besides, I seriously doubt they need to sell the miners with the amounts they have already made from mining.

Sfards, take a lesson from what has been done to this community and don't perform unnecessary testing with the miners. I hope you have a product close to shipping. I want to support another company who has class. I hope the photo on the website is not a start of bad things to come. That single act does not mean as much in my opinion if you mirror the SPtech actions and reputation, but if there are a trail of tears behind it, then it speaks volumes. Only time will tell.

Saying all of that, when do you *think* we will see a functioning product, and will you hold true to the April date or will it be longer?

If you have review units available I will purchase one from you, or from one of the reviewers.
I am a sucker for toys, and with the SPtech recommendation for this company I am ready to throw some cash at them.

I wish I had taken pictures of the pair of SP-20s I got near the end of December.  Dirty, dull, scratched finish.  Visible dust accumulated in the USB ports and SD card slot.

It's the worst kept dirty little secret of ASIC manufacturers.  We all know they do it.  They all know we know they do it.  SPtech is just as bad as Bitmain here.

Don't really blame them though.  It would be a pretty lousy business plan to manufacture money printing machines, then let them sit in a box NOT printing money for months while you wait for a customer to buy them from you.  I just wish ASIC manufacturers would be more honest about it.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:12:23 AM

They stated April for functioning miners right?
Did I misunderstand?

I hope they haven't been mining with full blown hardware in a 250,000 square foot facility for the past two weeks and are telling us they have chips ready for others ala bitstain style

I was discussing this with a good guy the other day. It was obvious to both of us our equipment was mined with for a considerable time. He has new S5s, with new being the chosen word, but not the actual product. I read the BS about the sand coming from an open window or windows in the test area, but I also have seen more than enough pictures and heard from so many others about the dirt inside their equipment. My bud asked me if I wouldn't do the same thing. I said no, I would never be able to sleep at night. I would sell them as used for X amount of days. I believe people would still buy them at the same price. Look at how many people are still buying them. You can be honest, make the same amount of money or more, and feel great about your choices. Besides, I seriously doubt they need to sell the miners with the amounts they have already made from mining.

Sfards, take a lesson from what has been done to this community and don't perform unnecessary testing with the miners. I hope you have a product close to shipping. I want to support another company who has class. I hope the photo on the website is not a start of bad things to come. That single act does not mean as much in my opinion if you mirror the SPtech actions and reputation, but if there are a trail of tears behind it, then it speaks volumes. Only time will tell.

I wish I had taken pictures of the pair of SP-20s I got near the end of December.  Dirty, dull, scratched finish.  Visible dust accumulated in the USB ports and SD card slot.

It's the worst kept dirty little secret of ASIC manufacturers.  We all know they do it.  They all know we know they do it.  SPtech is just as bad as Bitmain here.

Don't really blame them though.  It would be a pretty lousy business plan to manufacture money printing machines, then let them sit in a box NOT printing money for months while you wait for a customer to buy them from you.  I just wish ASIC manufacturers would be more honest about it.

For what it's worth my SP-20's always came clean.  I have had not had any issue there.

I don't think it's a dirty secret.  Most companies do a burn in test before selling.  If you buy it soon after made it's a small burn in.  With them made in batches you really cannot set a miner in a box and do nothing, as sold or part of inventory it's going to lose value slowly.

So I think it makes perfect sense that companies mine with miners not sold right after made.  If not cost's would just be higher for us the consumer.  This is my personal opinion, but as long as they come with a warranty I'm happy weather it was mined with a week or a month.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:19:20 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 09:38:21 AM by TheRealSteve

So I think it makes perfect sense that companies mine with miners not sold right after made.  If not cost's would just be higher for us the consumer.  This is my personal opinion, but as long as they come with a warranty I'm happy weather it was mined with a week or a month.
Agreed - though it wouldn't hurt to blow the dust out before shipping Wink

Back on-topic... SFARDS: I know you might not be in a position to comment on potential business partnerships, but any light shone on this would be appreciated:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=997998
( tl;dr: pre-orders (yep...) for BTC+LTC mining equipment )

edit:
Just thought we should clarify: SFARDS is not affiliated with this product or company in any way.

Sfards (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:32:14 PM

You'll find that there are MANY who'd be interested in your dev board, count me in!
Also, I think you may need to update the thread title ....[Updated 15/4/15]
Thread title updated, thanks for the heads up  Wink

I'd be interested in some of the basic data and/or the datasheet for the ASIC - so I can update the wiki entry, if nothing else Smiley
Appreciate the addition to the wiki, thanks! Datasheets coming soon!

Sense I have no way of using  a DEV board etc i would love to know the price, speeds, etc . so i can save for one, to add to my small farm .
SO in my case no board . BTw im getting ready to buy one of the G blade blacks  slowly building my farm got my power cost lowered to 0.0855 from 0.0917 just had a 240 line put in etc  its a really nice hobby for me .
We hope you enjoy the G blade  Grin

I'm interested in your products, how many chips have the dev board?, how many chips uses your first product?, can I test your product or dev board?
Okay so our Dev Board will consist of 1 SF3301 chip. Our first miner will come in 2 forms: a single SF3301 miner and a 24 chip miner. These are still tentative plans, but be sure we'll update you when things become a little more concrete.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: