Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
Ermak

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:36:02 AM

You were told earlier in this thread that you are not communicating with Sfards, it's a scammer, check your screenshot it says sfadrsservice

Please Be Careful!!!!
We only have one official SFARDS Skype account sfardsservice. If there is any other similar account such as sfardsservice [ASIC market] contacting you. Don’t listen to them and please double check the account you have talk with and make sure you add the right one Smiley

It is spelled correctly? I might be wrong

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:46:55 AM

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:51:07 AM

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:02:23 PM

I'm going to guess it is right since it is telling  him they have not opened sales Smiley.   As far as it being a lie we really don't know what they did with sales.   There are machines somewhere but where we don't know.

I also agree with one comment above Skype is not good for conducting business deals.  I would avoid when possible.
Ermak

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:25:50 PM

I suspected that he was fraudster .... but hope dies last ((
kae1078

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:07:15 PM

Are these miners sold out already?
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:14:11 PM

I suspected that he was fraudster .... but hope dies last ((
He is and your money is gone, the only way to even attempt to get it back is to fraud a fraudster or figure out his identity via following coins and research and let him know you know.

On Topic: If Sfards decides to push out a smaller unit that focuses on Scrypt they would do great the issue is their chip is dual and that's what sets them apart. I just want an affordable decent scrypt miner.

I agree with you, it would be nice to see some smaller scrypt miners in the 5-20MH range.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:17:12 PM

Are these miners sold out already?

There are a few resellers that received 5 a little bit back.  Each one pretty much got 5.

As far as the majority no one really knows what happened to it yet.  Company went quiet LTC halved, so we really don't know.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:27:53 AM

They know that really they are competing against old gear.   Were talking like A2 gear it's been so long.  No one puts money into scrypt gear.

Innosilicon has already announced tape-out on an A4 Scrypt chip.
 THAT is what is going to absolutely KILL the SF100 if SFARDS doesn't get it's act together pretty soon.

No specs yet, but Innosilicon has this strange (for Cryptocoin hardware maker) habit of not announcing stuff 'till it's ready - the "tapeout" announcement was the first time I've EVER seen anything out of them before they were ready to sell it.

Thank you for pointing out I was not aware they had announced it.  But as you pointed out they have a habit of announcing things before they are ready.

We are still waiting for them to show a SHA machine that they have announced specs for.  I will put more faith once they have something to show.   Seems they are a company who has announced a lot and produced little lately.  And I hope I'm wrong in that I would love to see them put out some of the things they have announced, just seems slow on that side.  I am a A1 and A2 machine customer so yes I would love to be wrong.

You must be confusing Innosilicon with someone else. They're the only company that has made Bitcoin gear with a track record of NOT preannouncing, and one of the very few that has never does "preorders" - perhaps the ONLY one.

The "announcement" was more of an off-the-cuff comment in that "response to bitmine" thread, where they mentioned they had tapeout on their next-gen A3 and A4 more-or-less in passing. I don't have a link handy, but it was here on bitcointalk.

Perhaps you're thinking of Lketc, which used Innosilicon A1 chips in their Dragon models and has announced a 5TH miner?
 The speculation is that miner will be using A3 chips, given the long-lasting relationship Lktec has had with Innosilicon.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:40:36 AM

They know that really they are competing against old gear.   Were talking like A2 gear it's been so long.  No one puts money into scrypt gear.

Innosilicon has already announced tape-out on an A4 Scrypt chip.
 THAT is what is going to absolutely KILL the SF100 if SFARDS doesn't get it's act together pretty soon.

No specs yet, but Innosilicon has this strange (for Cryptocoin hardware maker) habit of not announcing stuff 'till it's ready - the "tapeout" announcement was the first time I've EVER seen anything out of them before they were ready to sell it.

Thank you for pointing out I was not aware they had announced it.  But as you pointed out they have a habit of announcing things before they are ready.

We are still waiting for them to show a SHA machine that they have announced specs for.  I will put more faith once they have something to show.   Seems they are a company who has announced a lot and produced little lately.  And I hope I'm wrong in that I would love to see them put out some of the things they have announced, just seems slow on that side.  I am a A1 and A2 machine customer so yes I would love to be wrong.

You must be confusing Innosilicon with someone else. They're the only company that has made Bitcoin gear with a track record of NOT preannouncing, and one of the very few that has never does "preorders" - perhaps the ONLY one.

The "announcement" was more of an off-the-cuff comment in that "response to bitmine" thread, where they mentioned they had tapeout on their next-gen A3 and A4 more-or-less in passing. I don't have a link handy, but it was here on bitcointalk.

Perhaps you're thinking of Lketc, which used Innosilicon A1 chips in their Dragon models and has announced a 5TH miner?
 The speculation is that miner will be using A3 chips, given the long-lasting relationship Lktec has had with Innosilicon.

Off the cuff or not it is still an announcement.   I will give you that it is lketc who pushed the new 5t 1000w model around, but we all know it would be innosilicon that was powering it as their relationship.

But they still have A3 and A4 both announced "in passing".   And we have seen zero come from them.  I want them to push them out don't get me wrong, they just have not followed through and actually made the next gen chips yet.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:26:06 AM

( for reference, Innosilicon's semi-announcement was here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117069.msg11918028#msg11918028 )

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:38:45 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 07:25:48 PM by QuintLeo

Taped out, probably sometime early July. Still takes a few months to get working PRODUCTION silicon after that point, especially on a new process node might take longer to get yields enough to start selling chips and building machines.

Patience. All appearences are that Sfards will have competition from Bitmain soon, and both SHA256 AND Scrypt competition by the end of the year or very very early next year.

(edit) OK, the SHA256 side competition showed up a bit earlier than I thought it would...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.0

...though I was NOT expecting Bitmain to abandon the "average" home miner with such a high-end LOUD unit.

It appear the S5+ wasn't JUST a "one shot" concept but more of a "proving ground" design for their NEXT generation.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:38:48 AM

Taped out, probably sometime early July. Still takes a few months to get working PRODUCTION silicon after that point, especially on a new process node might take longer to get yields enough to start selling chips and building machines.

Patience. All appearences are that Sfards will have competition from Bitmain soon, and both SHA256 AND Scrypt competition by the end of the year or very very early next year.

This is all speculation.   We have no idea what they have.  I think going after 2 chips at once is pretty ambitious.

I would guess it would slow down process going for A3 and A4 at same time.  Most seem to pick one chip and focus on it ... then release.  I think it would have made more sense to focus resources get one out then change into other.  But they are not doing that.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:10:58 PM

I hope sfards makes some new miners soon before the LTC hashrate goes into the shitter.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

This is all speculation.   We have no idea what they have.  I think going after 2 chips at once is pretty ambitious.

I would guess it would slow down process going for A3 and A4 at same time.  Most seem to pick one chip and focus on it ... then release.  I think it would have made more sense to focus resources get one out then change into other.  But they are not doing that.

Sfards/Gridseed and KnC were the only folks BESIDES Innosilicon to do both Scrypt and SHA256 chips. Innosilicon however had an already existing chip design business, which was unique IIRC among all ASIC designer/maker companies for cryptocoins. I suspect they have a LOT more resources than most - might want to keep in mind they managed to develop the A1 AND the A2 from internal resources, never did a "preorder" on them at all.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:34:14 PM

This is all speculation.   We have no idea what they have.  I think going after 2 chips at once is pretty ambitious.

I would guess it would slow down process going for A3 and A4 at same time.  Most seem to pick one chip and focus on it ... then release.  I think it would have made more sense to focus resources get one out then change into other.  But they are not doing that.

Sfards/Gridseed and KnC were the only folks BESIDES Innosilicon to do both Scrypt and SHA256 chips. Innosilicon however had an already existing chip design business, which was unique IIRC among all ASIC designer/maker companies for cryptocoins. I suspect they have a LOT more resources than most - might want to keep in mind they managed to develop the A1 AND the A2 from internal resources, never did a "preorder" on them at all.

I'm just looking at releases.  To take on two new chips is ambitious.    And they have not pushed one out yet.

I still think doing one then the other would have been a better idea.   SFards/Gridseed has a chip, KnC is really not personal use anymore, Bitmain has chip. They need to deliver something.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:38:25 PM

I'm just looking at releases.  To take on two new chips is ambitious.    And they have not pushed one out yet.

I still think doing one then the other would have been a better idea.   SFards/Gridseed has a chip, KnC is really not personal use anymore, Bitmain has chip. They need to deliver something.

Sad to see things get so centralized and based on the output of a few companies not honoring the spirit of decentralization.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:09:44 PM

Sad to see things get so centralized and based on the output of a few companies not honoring the spirit of decentralization.

There is such a entry barrier it will only get fewer most likely.   It will become relying on chip manufactures.  Some have made announcements but no real releases.

I hope SFards will still release this at a lower price, but they have been quiet for a LONG time.  I honestly wonder what their idea is. 
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:54:05 PM

I hope sfards makes some new miners soon before the LTC hashrate goes into the shitter.

I hear that, need something cheaper to keep the hashrate up on these coins.

havebit

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:22:04 AM

when you can buy a miner?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: