Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:00:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:53:35 PM

Looks like the SF100 second batch will be mid-August - at the SAME insanely high 8000 yuan price.

I suspect the next batch doing "pre-sale mining, errr testing" might explain the recent Litecoin hash increases and perhaps a small amount of the recent Bitcoin hashrate bump.

I'm confused...mid-august? 8000 rmb is terrible...more like SF-TARDS if you ask me!

If they would have went to general public when they said it was, it would have sold quite a few.  Yes with scrypt there is a premium.

But you could not even get them for most unless you went to a reseller who got them and were wanting around 2k.... and yes its crazy

the average life span of a mining company seems to be about 12 months...whatever happened to gridseed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:32:47 PM

the average life span of a mining company seems to be about 12 months...whatever happened to gridseed?

GridSeed + WiiBox + Diginforce = SFARDS

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:44:51 PM

And this company is still open, and making miners (most likely).  They at least did one batch of miners.

They seem to be another company that is not interested in selling to public.  I still think batch one they had one big buyer who put them in a data center for last LTC mining before that having.  But I could be wrong.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:34:52 AM

Looks like the SF100 second batch will be mid-August - at the SAME insanely high 8000 yuan price.

I suspect the next batch doing "pre-sale mining, errr testing" might explain the recent Litecoin hash increases and perhaps a small amount of the recent Bitcoin hashrate bump.

I'm confused...mid-august? 8000 rmb is terrible...more like SF-TARDS if you ask me!

What month is this? Lol.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:45:06 AM

I think they are only selling big order to large private farms right now they have the technology edge for the moment and they are exploiting it
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:59:47 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 04:44:06 AM by toptek

don't forget to add  Zeus at the end, Zeus and grindseed got together then  it slowly faded away if i find that I'll link it, it all happen about the time or at the time  Zeus did the ripe off thing .

Here we go

https://zeusminer.com/forums/topic/yahoo-finnance-zeushash-announces-gridseed-partnership-thanksgiving-promotion/

I still say Zeus had some thing to do with stopping L1's which left a bad taste in bitmains month and one reason we don't get much more from anyone, they really did a number .

sadly like some one said why  even bro posting it here unless it is for the free advertisement they get  ?

the price is beyond what most here are willing to pay for etc, they know it .

what would be a better place then here ?.

it's free all most any one or every one into bitcoins is here at some point in there day week month etc that includes the Big data centers and knc etc .

or does Sfards aka grindseed pay to post here ? no idea !!! .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:17:10 PM

I think they are only selling big order to large private farms right now they have the technology edge for the moment and they are exploiting it

Their chips are having huge yield issues, I doubt they have sold any apart from the couple they made from their sample chips. The whole "batch 1 sold out" is a marketing gimmick.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Their chips are having huge yield issues, I doubt they have sold any apart from the couple they made from their sample chips. The whole "batch 1 sold out" is a marketing gimmick.

Where did you get this information?  This could explain a lot if true, but they have not  indicated this.

We have seen what 20 maybe or so go to resellers.  I still think decent chance of a big buyer bought first batch.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 08:35:08 AM

What month is this? Lol.

I dunno anymore! It was trippin me out reading this thread when I woke up on the sofa hung over..thought I had slipped into a worm hole and woken up 2 months into the past  Roll Eyes

Where did you get this information?  This could explain a lot if true, but they have not  indicated this.

We have seen what 20 maybe or so go to resellers.  I still think decent chance of a big buyer bought first batch.

It definitely would...also why are they waiting so long before the mass productions? Are there really any big buyers left in the scrypt market? Surely they would make more money selling them off in small quantities to resellers. What scrypt coin is worth mining now since ltc has gone tits up?
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:16:05 AM

I heard from reliable source, that somebody will start producing new dual miner with Sfards chips. It should be available by end of October. But I have not more technical info about it

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:33:45 AM

I heard from reliable source, that somebody will start producing new dual miner with Sfards chips. It should be available by end of October. But I have not more technical info about it

I heard this too..but I think they mean the current SFARDS units....I thought that was when THEY shipped Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:11:59 AM

Nearly 3 months since sfards posted any info on their product. 3 months of nothing...... Roll Eyes

73 pages of speculation & guesswork while they mine with their units on their "could" site.

This is a non-product thread.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:16:24 AM

I heard this too..but I think they mean the current SFARDS units....I thought that was when THEY shipped Smiley

I don't know it still would not make sense to me.  If they have "Their chips are having huge yield issues" and don't have enough for their own miners, why would they sell chips to others to make miners before them?

I just think they would use them on SFards miner first before selling enough chips that someone makes miners with.
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:23:41 PM

Maybe the S7 from Bitmain has forced them back to the drawing board???

The S7 is quite a step forward in anyones books... Even if they have sorted how to mine both Sha & script at the same time...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:27:39 PM

Maybe the S7 from Bitmain has forced them back to the drawing board???

The S7 is quite a step forward in anyones books... Even if they have sorted how to mine both Sha & script at the same time...

They have a special market with the dual miner aspect.  They are competing against old zeus/hashra/etc, and A2 for the most part.  So it's not new gear they are competing with but old gear.

S7 might bring down the worth of the SHA mining side.  But scrypt the S7 does not compete with this miner on.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2531

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:00:35 PM

Yeah hopefully they will fix their chips and mass produce them with a low failure rate and start pumping out miners and have the price drop.
Not a matter of "fixing their chips".
The 16/14nm chip process node itself is the problem for EVERYONE going to those sizes regardless of what the chips are used for. Intel, nVidia, Samsung et al ALL have the same poor yield issues because the manufacturing process is still far from stable.

This simple fact is why Bitmain took the safer route to just optimize their 28nm chips vs rolling the dice on the smaller nodes.  Give another year or so and yields for 16/14nm *should* get better. Of course researchers/devs at the chip foundries have been saying that for a couple years now...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:34:50 PM

Yeah hopefully they will fix their chips and mass produce them with a low failure rate and start pumping out miners and have the price drop.
The 16/14nm chip process node itself is the problem for EVERYONE going to those sizes regardless of what the chips are used for. Intel, nVidia, Samsung et al ALL have the same poor yield issues because the manufacturing process is still far from stable.

This simple fact is why Bitmain took the safer route to just optimize their 28nm chips vs rolling the dice on the smaller nodes.  Give another year or so and yields for 16/14nm *should* get better. Of course researchers/devs at the chip foundries have been saying that for a couple years now...

I would expect bitmain is looking at R/D on lower nm chips.  They have lots of money and people.   They choose to release another 28nm which was the most profitable for them at the moment.  They likely will do it until a competitor forces them to move to a lower NM.

But I think they have the best of both worlds.   Sell 28nm and work on r/d on lower nm for later on.... win win for them.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:02:35 PM

I would expect bitmain is looking at R/D on lower nm chips.  They have lots of money and people.   They choose to release another 28nm which was the most profitable for them at the moment.  They likely will do it until a competitor forces them to move to a lower NM.

But I think they have the best of both worlds.   Sell 28nm and work on r/d on lower nm for later on.... win win for them.
Exactly. For now let others suffer through the 16/14nm birthing process and go for the interim best - optimized 28nm. Gives them at least another 6mo to play with lower node designs while the mfg process (hopefully) becomes more stable.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:22:59 PM

I am confused are you saying there are two parts of these chips that are both 14nm making it 28nm, because these are 28nm chips, I wasn't aware that is how they worked.
whoopsy  Grin got thread confused with the LK groups one... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033676.msg12324684#msg12324684 you be right - these are touted as 28nm process, questions then would be is it 2 28nm process dies per-chip or one big one.

On the correct note... 28nm node is stable and easy enough to be good for even some commodity-level quantities. If there is chip problems then highly doubt is is in the mfg end unless they contracted with a company in India (2 20nm fabs, better at 28nm, opened there in the last couple years) or something like that...

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:02:15 PM

I would expect bitmain is looking at R/D on lower nm chips.  They have lots of money and people.   They choose to release another 28nm which was the most profitable for them at the moment.  They likely will do it until a competitor forces them to move to a lower NM.

But I think they have the best of both worlds.   Sell 28nm and work on r/d on lower nm for later on.... win win for them.

Exactly, and all those buying S7s (which will never ROI) are footing the bill Wink

spiccioli
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: