Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:45:18 AM

Hello all a little of topic?

Hey @J4bberwock how is the progress on the replacement board for the old gridseed orbs.

Thanks.

I think a big thing would be if SFards is making and shipping chips.  I don't think with the silence chips will be sold at this point to general public.  There are the lucky ones who ordered them early on with dev kits and such.  

That is a good question anyone that was working on a project have you tried to buy chips from SFards in any quantity lately?
If someone missed the train it looks like these people are reselling the dev kits but no extra chips. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Bitcoin-Miner-SFARDS-152GH-Asic-Miner-Dual-Mining-Development-Board-for-Btc-and-LTC-Mining-28nm/1035615_32342132314.html

Crazy I would never of guessed those dev kits might be a money maker.  Don't remember price but it was not cheap.  I'm thinking chip by itself was pretty high so I doubt ton's of devs have it.

I still cant wrap my mind around a company getting a chip made, a miner made, then going silent.  Does not make sense.

they are either 1) mining them selves or thru partnerships with other china scrypt farms or 2) mining themselves and also selling chips in bulk in china for other data halls

but yeah.... LTC difficulty is going up after halving....so there is 'new' stealth equip/chips out there someplace imho ......... we will be the last to know Smiley

I feel the same.  It goes from hey we have by a good amount the best chip for LTC around! Here are some fun giveaways... to nothing not a word about sales.  And sales are important to stay alive as a company.

I think 1 or 2 is very likely.  And also likely they wish they never would have announced as they choose an option besides going to hobby customers.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2116
Merit: 1397

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:14:48 AM

Its neither...they had huge issues with yield and board problems. LTC diff being where it is is simply the extra ALT scrypt hash that jumped on straight LTC after halving.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:43:40 AM

but yeah.... LTC difficulty is going up after halving....so there is 'new' stealth equip/chips out there someplace imho ......... we will be the last to know Smiley

You're not factoring in that LTC price jumped a TON shortly before the LTC halfing - I'm pretty sure THAT is what drove some folks to turn lots of older, once-unprofitable miners back on - they're now PROFITABLE again, if only a little.

My suspicion is that the original batch of SF100 units were so poorly designed at the board level that even SFARDS realised they needed to FIX it before they would be able to sell a significant quantity.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:22:08 AM

Its neither...they had huge issues with yield and board problems. LTC diff being where it is is simply the extra ALT scrypt hash that jumped on straight LTC after halving.

Good point....as a 'greedy' high end owner of two KNC Titan(s) that have ROI'd I HOPE you Sir are correct Smiley (hell its all about me I'll fess up) Smiley

but really board problems etc that I had not heard....although they always seemed to me to be a bigger deal as a sha-256 miner then scrypt ..er from the bulk chip sales
point of view...assuming they are doing such

but yeah shift from alts would be nice that means that LTC difficulty will 'eventually' flatline again and the Titans insane need to make them selves into doorstops will be
less about difficulty and more about their insane need to try and suicide (knc raspberry pi piece of crap 8th grade science fair project that they are) Smiley

but anyway......anyone hear of any big ass miners to make me less smug about the above and maybe weep a little bit and sob? I've heard zip...just the sfards supposed
maybe chips and something about innosilicon chips but that sounded (if i remember right) like 14nm vaporware for now

well it could be worse I could have kept the neptune orig order ...no way I'd be running a knc neptune for 10 months with btc difficulty ..so at least i missed that bullet
(and robbery) that knc diverted pre-orders for 4 months of those to the old knc swedish data hall)

so it goes

my setup if anyone is interested

lostgonzo.imgur.com

future doorstops Smiley (note: knc jupiter 550gh btc miner on bottom shelf is off...is currently fulfilling the function of gravity assist device to keep workbench down) Smiley

You're not factoring in that LTC price jumped a TON shortly before the LTC halfing - I'm pretty sure THAT is what drove some folks to turn lots of older, once-unprofitable miners back on - they're now PROFITABLE again, if only a little.

My suspicion is that the original batch of SF100 units were so poorly designed at the board level that even SFARDS realised they needed to FIX it before they would be able to sell a significant quantity.

You too could also be correct and the fact sfards waited till AFTER halving to really move any product seems to back your claim on quality issues.

Anyway ..just want it to flatline for difficulty (LTC) and rise in price (LTC) due to halving....(I got needs) Smiley

and IF it comes to pass some big ass scrypt miner farm comes to be or another data hall based mining chip solution for scrypt comes to pass .. I would at least like to
know about it ...rather then just look at difficulty on LTC and scratch head ...I will need a period of time to prepare for 'mourning' the demise of my Titan(s) to doorstop
status...would like the 'illusion' of control ..that at least I could see that semi truck coming to run me down a bit down the road .....rather then the suspense of wtf is
going on with difficulty and LTC. (hey its a pet peeve in reality it don't matter much what eventually will be ...will be ...but still ) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:40:35 PM

Good point....as a 'greedy' high end owner of two KNC Titan(s) that have ROI'd I HOPE you Sir are correct Smiley (hell its all about me I'll fess up) Smiley

but really board problems etc that I had not heard....although they always seemed to me to be a bigger deal as a sha-256 miner then scrypt ..er from the bulk chip sales

but yeah shift from alts would be nice that means that LTC difficulty will 'eventually' flatline again and the Titans insane need to make them selves into doorstops will be
less about difficulty and more about their insane need to try and suicide (knc raspberry pi piece of crap 8th grade science fair project that they are) Smiley

but anyway......anyone hear of any big ass miners to make me less smug about the above and maybe weep a little bit and sob? I've heard zip...just the sfards supposed
maybe chips and something about innosilicon chips but that sounded (if i remember right) like 14nm vaporware for now

well it could be worse I could have kept the neptune orig order ...no way I'd be running a knc neptune for 10 months with btc difficulty ..so at least i missed that bullet
(and robbery) that knc diverted pre-orders for 4 months of those to the old knc swedish data hall)

so it goes

lostgonzo.imgur.com

future doorstops Smiley (note: knc jupiter 550gh btc miner on bottom shelf is off...is currently fulfilling the function of gravity assist device to keep workbench down) Smiley

You too could also be correct and the fact sfards waited till AFTER halving to really move any product seems to back your claim on quality issues.

Anyway ..just want it to flatline for difficulty (LTC) and rise in price (LTC) due to halving....(I got needs) Smiley

and IF it comes to pass some big ass scrypt miner farm comes to be or another data hall based mining chip solution for scrypt comes to pass .. I would at least like to
know about it ...rather then just look at difficulty on LTC and scratch head ...I will need a period of time to prepare for 'mourning' the demise of my Titan(s) to doorstop
status...would like the 'illusion' of control ..that at least I could see that semi truck coming to run me down a bit down the road .....rather then the suspense of wtf is
going on with difficulty and LTC. (hey its a pet peeve in reality it don't matter much what eventually will be ...will be ...but still ) Smiley

You're not that greedy, you got at least one of them dirt cheap.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:36:10 AM

so it goes

lostgonzo.imgur.com

You're not that greedy, you got at least one of them dirt cheap.

yeah may be good to just get out of mining eventually ...I mean how long can 'dumb luck' carry a person..I mean I even got a BFL refund back of my 8.3k I mean 1 year and 20
days later but still Smiley Titans are going into their 12th month ..25 days or so and the supposed knc warranty is shot (like they even do anything anymore) Smiley

with mining done I can just let coinbase be my friend ....and then just yell and rant at price alone Smiley ah..blessed relief Smiley

I should do my next plan I call it 'attic mining' I have like 5k of crap I should sell on Ebay for $$$ and then just get BTC with it...if btc goes beanie baby I plop 2k into attic
put in better floor call it a rec room etc (partially finished) and my house value goes up and viola.....sideways 2x value (on paper) on house with rec room above the 2k and 5k i lost to btc say...... ..ie win/win even if crypto goes tulips Smiley .....but it sooooooo boring!!!!! lots of little stuff worth 20 bucks so much 'office space cubicle work' ...so I stall

but yeah that is the way to go.....worse case I get a rec room out of it .....less junk to worry about .....make the $$$ back on paper in house value anyway (frigging crytpo is on paper anyway as well I hoard it all)  and then could just despair on the 18k of asic equip making beanie baby coin Sad should such a catastrophe in crypto happen Sad

but think of all the coin i could mine if it wall went beanie baby Smiley (thats it embrace the denial!) Smiley

but on the other hand if crypto takes off in value again another bubble I'm really really gonna kick myself I did not do some 'attic mining' an move that 5k of crap into crypto! Smiley

(too much to do ...too much laziness) Smiley

Ah crypto ...all the enthusiasm of being an Amway Salesman ..with none of the security of at least getting a lot of Soap out of the process if it all goes south Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
amateo613

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:21:14 PM

So I'm guessing there is no update on those replacement board for the orbs. He is most likely very busy with his server power boards. When it's the second batch supposed to be released.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:27:22 PM

So I'm guessing there is no update on those replacement board for the orbs. He is most likely very busy with his server power boards. When it's the second batch supposed to be released.

Likely part of it is SFards.  They dont seem interested in public sales right now they are very quiet.

So likely it's the same on chips that they are not selling at this point.  So those dev chips could be some of the few in public hands.   So it really could suck if someone spent a ton of time to design around it and then they the company with chips stops selling.
amateo613

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:27:05 PM

Its a shame the chip has promise. Did anyone do a group buy thread for the chips.
itop_james

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 04:25:57 AM

ITOP Corp provides used Sfards SF100 miners on its official store
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:00:00 AM

ITOP Corp provides used Sfards SF100 miners on its official store

After halving though those prices are high.  Although I guess limited edition miner at this point so probley can charge what ever you want.

But really at halving they should have dropped at least 1/4 if not closer to 1/2 on price.   Unless it comes with the LTC it's minded since the day you got it.  Which would be a interesting sale.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 01:15:14 PM

I personally own an SFARD and there is no issues with quality of the miner or performance I have had it running 2 months straight never had 1 issue with it. It runs like a champ. I even put my unit n loan to an editor and his review of the internals of the machine should be published soon.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:05:27 PM

I personally own an SFARD and there is no issues with quality of the miner or performance I have had it running 2 months straight never had 1 issue with it. It runs like a champ. I even put my unit n loan to an editor and his review of the internals of the machine should be published soon.
That's at least refreshing to know they run well and do exist.  Now to get them at a reasonable price before too long.  Thank you for lending it for review there has been a veil of mystique about this miner for far too long.
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:12:30 PM

Hi, i have an SFARD and i'm testing it, but i found some issues mining at ghash.io:

1.- If i use it only as Scrypt miner, it goes at 1,5 Gh/s with 99'xx% error or rejects (no good bussiness). Why? if i would use it only as an scrypt miner, what must i do to run fine?
2.- If i use it dual mode, scrypt miner goes at 46-50Mh/s, but with a lot of errors or rejects (maybe 20 or 30%). btc miner goes much better, "only" 0.30% errors or rejects. What i am doing wrong?

I'm using a PSU cooler master V1200 with 1200w at 12v

thanks!

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

Hi, i have an SFARD and i'm testing it, but i found some issues mining at ghash.io:

1.- If i use it only as Scrypt miner, it goes at 1,5 Gh/s with 99'xx% error or rejects (no good bussiness). Why? if i would use it only as an scrypt miner, what must i do to run fine?
2.- If i use it dual mode, scrypt miner goes at 46-50Mh/s, but with a lot of errors or rejects (maybe 20 or 30%). btc miner goes much better, "only" 0.30% errors or rejects. What i am doing wrong?

thanks!

Sounds like when you think you're mining Scrypt only you're actually mining SHA256 and that's why your shares are being rejected.  Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the software that comes with the miner, so I can't help you there...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:44:43 PM

thanks!

My only thing I can think of is try a different pool and see if better on rejects.   Sadly they did not ship many of these so no one really will be able to give  you good answers.

It was a very limited release.  Then company got quiet.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:13:58 AM

thanks!

My only thing I can think of is try a different pool and see if better on rejects.   Sadly they did not ship many of these so no one really will be able to give  you good answers.

It was a very limited release.  Then company got quiet.

If I remember right I thought they said they ran best in one mode or another (sha-156 or scrypt) and that mixing you had more errors (or hell maybe someone else said it on this thread)

also my firmware on my titan was crap the first 3 months have they done any patches for your miner or was it just catch 'fishing' (you) and release (ie deal with our miner as is) ? If they have done no firmware updates for you ...well hell yeah ...ALL asic miners work on the release version of firmware (that will tell us a lot if there are no patches how much cred they have with these units)

Wish you the best of luck thou...keep us here informed

carlosmnk

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:11:01 AM

thanks!

My only thing I can think of is try a different pool and see if better on rejects.   Sadly they did not ship many of these so no one really will be able to give  you good answers.

Hi, now it is hashing on f2pool with very good stats!

Theese are my numbers with this beast:

SFARDS SF100
SHA-256 is running 1450 GH/S and draining 770w "at the wall" (with a kill-a-metter), so its a very impresive 0,53j/ghs (and its not the save mode)
Scrypt is running 50,75 MH/S and draining 220w "at the wall" (with a kill-a-metter), so its another very impresive 4,33j/mhs (and its not the save mode)
total drain: 990w (with a 80+Platinium)

Very impressive, i'm very happy with it. Only one thing: It's very hot!

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2116
Merit: 1397

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:33:36 PM

thanks!

SFARDS SF100
SHA-256 is running 1450 GH/S and draining 770w "at the wall" (with a kill-a-metter), so its a very impresive 0,53j/ghs (and its not the save mode)
Scrypt is running 50,75 MH/S and draining 220w "at the wall" (with a kill-a-metter), so its another very impresive 4,33j/mhs (and its not the save mode)

.53 w/gh is not very impressive at all...that pretty horrible for a "new" chip.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
carlosmnk

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:25:14 PM

thanks!

SFARDS SF100

.53 w/gh is not very impressive at all...that pretty horrible for a "new" chip.

It is enough good for mining now and it have a "save" mode that drains only 0.31j//ghs, so i am very happy with this (and the scrypt miner have one of the best ratios, and it have another "save" mode).  Wink

Edit: it now run at 0.8v, and the eco mode is at 0.6v...  Shocked Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: