Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:28:58 PM

Does they still offer their miners?..  Huh

Who cares, they are not interesting anymore for that price, since BTC Diff Skyrocketed. You will never ever ROI.

Only with the Scrypt part; 220w for 50/54 Mhs is not as bad...  Roll Eyes

again, it's simple math run any ROI Calc and you will have >365 Days... buy directly LTC or BTC with the money if you think that they will rise...
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:57:12 AM

Don't bother, the A3 / A4 are going to blow this thing out of the water *IF* SFARDS ever bothers trying to sell any more.

The whole "dual miner" concept has always been a very bad one - the SHA256 side gets outdated VERY quickly leaving you with an overpriced, not all that great performance Scrypt miner.

They MIGHT have a faint prayer of making a competative miner if they move to 14/16nm in the next year or two - THAT miner would have a fairly long time at "current tech" and might stay competative long enough to make up for the SERIOUS HANDICAP of pushing 2 different algorythms on one chip.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:40:55 PM

Don't bother, the A3 / A4 are going to blow this thing out of the water *IF* SFARDS ever bothers trying to sell any more.

The whole "dual miner" concept has always been a very bad one - the SHA256 side gets outdated VERY quickly leaving you with an overpriced, not all that great performance Scrypt miner.

They MIGHT have a faint prayer of making a competative miner if they move to 14/16nm in the next year or two - THAT miner would have a fairly long time at "current tech" and might stay competative long enough to make up for the SERIOUS HANDICAP of pushing 2 different algorythms on one chip.

54 Mh/s @ 250 watts is unbeatable in the Scrypt market right now. The A4 will be better yes, but that is a long time off. Innosilicon is still seeking investors for the A4. It will be a long time before the average person is able to buy one. The 1.7 Th/s mining bitcoin @ 750 watts is, efficiency wise, on par with the Antminer S5. It will be obsolete in 6-12 months thanks to the S7 and others (Avalon 6, Bitfury, etc) but for now its pretty good.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:41:45 PM

54 Mh/s @ 250 watts is unbeatable in the Scrypt market right now.

unbeatable ?

Titen ? 400 MH @ 1400 watt

... not rally unbeatable ...
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:25:14 PM

unbeatable ?

Titan: 3'5w/mhs
SF100: 4'3w/mhs
Alcheminer: 9'8w/mhs
A2Mega: 12'8w/mhs

IT is not unbeatable, but not too bad...  Roll Eyes

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:44:15 PM

unbeatable ?

Ive never seen a Titan run below 5w/MH...maybe 4.5 but thats pushing it.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:44:57 PM

unbeatable ?

You cannot buy a new Titan. I'm talking about new hardware being manufactured right now. The SF100 is the most efficient scrypt miner still being produced.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:55:50 PM

unbeatable ?

You cannot buy a new Titan. I'm talking about new hardware being manufactured right now. The SF100 is the most efficient scrypt miner still being produced.

But where can you buy one of these new produced ones?  I think it is still internal if I had to guess on most equipment.

I think your going to 3rd parties at this point on Titan and SF-100 unless they started selling to general public and I just missed it.
carlosmnk

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:25:16 PM

unbeatable ?

IT is not unbeatable, but not too bad...  Roll Eyes

But where can you buy one of these new produced ones?  I think it is still internal if I had to guess on most equipment.

I think your going to 3rd parties at this point on Titan and SF-100 unless they started selling to general public and I just missed it.

I agree, my sf100 is from itopshop

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:02:14 AM

You can't buy an SF100 either, they've had none available for MONTHS now.

I'm not sure if Innosilicon is still selling their "A2 Farm Boy" units, if they are that's the ONLY new Scrypt gear for sale right now as I'm pretty sure they mentioned selling out the last of the new A2 Terminator units they had.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mitak

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:40:55 AM

Any info how can I get sample dev chips and chip docs
carlosmnk

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:03:13 PM

Any info how can I get sample dev chips and chip docs

Chip docs you can find this: https://github.com/sfards
sample dev i don't know

Sylv88

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

So...

With bitstellar.com being down... (the web interface service for Sfards sf-100 miners) Is there any other way people can acces their miners???

I've send several messages to both bitstellar and Sfards.. but got no reply..
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:42:15 PM

So...

With bitstellar.com being down... (the web interface service for Sfards sf-100 miners) Is there any other way people can acces their miners???

Do you physically own this miner?  Or was it hosted by bitstellar? If you own it try finding what ip its on and just type it into your browser. It should bring up some kind of setup.  I don't know anything at all about this miner or how it operates. Hopefully someone here can shed some light for you.  If bitstellar was a cloud hosting site then most likely you was scammed Undecided.

Best regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Sylv88

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:33:55 PM

So...

Do you physically own this miner?  Or was it hosted by bitstellar? If you own it try finding what ip its on and just type it into your browser. It should bring up some kind of setup.  I don't know anything at all about this miner or how it operates. Hopefully someone here can shed some light for you.  If bitstellar was a cloud hosting site then most likely you was scammed Undecided.

Best regards
d57heinz

I own a physical sf-100 miner... I wanted  to turn on bitcoin mining too, but found out bitstellar.com is down... Hence I cannot change any settings on the miner.

When I go to the miner IP I arrive at a login page wich I do not know the credentials. If bitstellar.com doesn't come back up soon my Sf-100 is basicly a brick wich I cannot resell...

I tried spamming sfards mailbox... No response, I tried calling sfards for the login credentials... No answer... It appears like these guys either don't give a single fuck or they just abandoned the sfards project...

Anyone know the default login credentials for the sf-100??

Or anyone from China who could help establish a line of communication to sfards/bit stellar?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:30:23 PM

Own a miner you can't control,who's freakin great idea was this??

Did you not do RESEARCH on Bitcoin mining BEFORE you purchased Huh

ALL of us regulars here would have told you ,"Very stupid not to have COMPLETE control of a miner that you own"  Roll Eyes

I hope you can get it to work,but PLEASE ask before jumping,this is why this forum is here  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:30:19 AM

ALL of us regulars here would have told you ,"Very stupid not to have COMPLETE control of a miner that you own"  Roll Eyes

I hope you can get it to work,but PLEASE ask before jumping,this is why this forum is here  Wink

What happened was we all thought this was going to be a public miner.  They did two batches if I remember right (at least 2 public ones).  And acted like they were going to sell to general public.  Instead last minute they went to either internal mining, or a big buyer I don't think we will ever know.

A few re-sellers managed to get like 5 or so each.  Was a pretty limited amount of re-sellers that managed to get them.   So guessing they bought off of one of these, or secondary market (ebay, etc) from someone who bought from one of these re-sellers.

The part I find interesting is if they stopped the control of these.... either they managed a internal solution for the big buyer or internal.  Or they are shutting down thinking the A4 once out will take over market.  So really wish we knew more of story.  But the person needing help I doubt gets it as there are not a ton of these out there so most of us have never tinkered with one ( I personally have not).
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:32:19 AM

So...

Do you physically own this miner?  Or was it hosted by bitstellar? If you own it try finding what ip its on and just type it into your browser. It should bring up some kind of setup.  I don't know anything at all about this miner or how it operates. Hopefully someone here can shed some light for you.  If bitstellar was a cloud hosting site then most likely you was scammed Undecided.

Best regards
d57heinz

I own a physical sf-100 miner... I wanted  to turn on bitcoin mining too, but found out bitstellar.com is down... Hence I cannot change any settings on the miner.

When I go to the miner IP I arrive at a login page wich I do not know the credentials. If bitstellar.com doesn't come back up soon my Sf-100 is basicly a brick wich I cannot resell...

I tried spamming sfards mailbox... No response, I tried calling sfards for the login credentials... No answer... It appears like these guys either don't give a single fuck or they just abandoned the sfards project...

Anyone know the default login credentials for the sf-100??

Or anyone from China who could help establish a line of communication to sfards/bit stellar?

Just a thought if they don't come back online.  Since sfards is a mish mosh of several different mining companies.  One being most important gridseed.  I'm wondering if you have a spare flash card that you could put minera on it and try to operate this miner as a gridseed gridminer.  Just a shot in the dark but the gridseed towers I used to run had some odd proprietary software on it but I reflashed the sdcard to minera and it worked much better and the interface was so much cleaner.  These being gridseed chips I think you may get lucky at least I hope:).

This reminds me of the sfminer when they shut down the authorization servers which bricked all those miners.  I got mine fixed by a guy that worked for them at the time but if they aren't locked down by now they are useless miners.  No one was aware when we bought those that it was connecting to a central server nor did it disclose that during purchase.  Hell I didn't even know it was doing it till they killed it.  Sfards really dropped the ball on this whole deal:-/

Best regards
D57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
carlosmnk

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:02:41 AM

Well, he had not the user/password for this miner, i send it by PM last night, i think he will be able to manage the miner without bitstellar; my miner never used that service. The miner have 3xhashboards, 1xcontrolboard and 1xraspberry pi B+ to control the controlboard. Each hashboard mines both SHA-256 and SCRYPT. I think we need more info, but the miner exist and runs well. The best configuration i found is using the miningrigrentals pool's manage service.

It is a very rare miner; mine have an issue with a hashboard and now is offline (and with no time to try to fix it atm)... The docs are still at: https://github.com/sfards/ASIC-SF3301

I hope he would be able to setup this miner and enjoy it.

regards,
Carlos

Sylv88

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:40:37 PM

ALL of us regulars here would have told you ,"Very stupid not to have COMPLETE control of a miner that you own"  Roll Eyes

I hope you can get it to work,but PLEASE ask before jumping,this is why this forum is here  Wink

Well my friend I'm not new to mining, I've been mining bitcoin since the GPU days... So I think I know a thing or two about mining/miners Wink But it's true, I wasn't aware that there was no direct ip acces to the miner.

As far as I knew Sfards was a combination of several mining companies and I thought that especially Gridseed was one of the more trustworthy mining suppliers. Unfortunatly it turns out that this Sfards company seems to be one big fuckup... or atleast they don't seem to give a damn about their customers.

As for what Carlossmk said; According to my seller I got the 1.3 software version of the miner, wich apparently doesn't allow direct IP login.. or atleast nobody knows the 1.3 login credentials...
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: