Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
AdamHackbarth

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:06:30 PM

AMP is just the beginning. The exciting part is Synereo itself. I read the White Paper and listened to the hangouts. AMPs will be great when applied to that social media platform. Investors are obviously bruised and guarded but the social networking world will be decentralized and better off. I am excited.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:14:56 PM

Devs, why don't you release a beta version before the crowdsale starts? So we could see if it's worth investing. At least there must be a video teaser of working client. I do really like the project but it all seems to be too perfect to be true. I guess it's another hype or scam. Well, will see...

By the way, is blockchain bloating solved somehow? This can be a serious issue with user base growing over time. Another question: how is the network secured? The whitepaper doesn't really contain anything but code and math.

Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:18:15 PM

Devs, why don't you release a beta version before the crowdsale starts? So we could see if it's worth investing. At least there must be a video teaser of working client. I do really like the project but it all seems to be too perfect to be true. I guess it's another hype or scam. Well, will see...

By the way, is blockchain bloating solved somehow? This can be a serious issue with user base growing over time. Another question: how is the network secured? The whitepaper doesn't really contain anything but code and math.

We'll release a tech demo soon.

There is no risk of bloat. See here:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113545/dor-konforty-synereo-is-the-natural-next-step-after-facebook

Quote from: CoinTelegraph
CT: How does Synereo implement the blockchain and is it used in your DEndron consensus-keeping mechanism? Will a bloated blockchain be a potential concern?

DK: Synereo relies on the bitcoin blockchain only for its AMP token, benefiting from its ultra-secure global ledger. All other features of the DendroNet do not require any sort of global consensus; there’s no type of information that has to be stored network-wide.

DEndron stands for ‘DEndron node-derived region of network’. Each user in Synereo only sees the region of the network derived by its node: what others nodes it’s connected to, what the parameters of these connections are, how information flows through that region, and where data relevant to that region (and shared with that node) is stored on the distributed cloud. Thus, each node has its unique view of the network and its topography.

This makes Synereo’s architecture much more efficient and scalable. With users only storing and seeing things relevant to their regions of the network, there’s no risk of forking, and nothing that could bloat.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:40:46 PM

I see a lot of newbies in this thread promoting. My alarm bells ring.
The same thing happend in Bitbay, and then they were Bobsureplus and other mother.....
And afterwards it was a scam.

We have here again an ICO without escrow or a releasplan of the funds. So it is possible the same thing can happen again.
The guys buy their own ICO to push it up, and sell their coins and keep the BTC.

So guys, maybe you think about another way of doing this fundraising. OR a way to proof you are legit.

Here's our asset policy. What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLBm8OHt5-81flihJ6iSKEm0WbRa6FL0mJ5ivBN34Po/

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
leithaus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:41:54 PM

The investment to date breaks down in terms of 2.2M in cash and 1M in in-kind contributions. The contributors wish to remain anonymous. They provided this because they believe that we are in a very dangerous situation: a global panopticon (the incumbent social networks funneling into Project PRISM) and a global wealth imbalance. They want to do something rather than just talk about it on Facebook. Amazingly, the success of a system that begins to redress the imbalance is what they are seeking. Therefore, they are not seeking to get anything out of Synereo, financially. To me this is very inspiring and causes me to work even harder.

What do you have to show for the 2.2m (USD?) - how was it spent? The 1.1m in kind contributions would cover 5 or 6 well paid senior devs for a year in most economies, so I presume it didn't pay for the prototypes and white paper revealed so far. How do you plan to spend the money raised in the crowdsale?

What we have to show for the investment to date is a tech stack that works and has been deployed in commercial applications for at least 2 years. If you'd like to look at the source you can find earlier versions on github

https://github.com/leithaus/SpecialK/tree/master
https://github.com/rlamb/Agent-Service-ATI-IA/tree/cryptoRedo
https://github.com/leithaus/GLoSEval/tree/cryptoRedo
https://github.com/leithaus/agentui

i will be happy to help anyone who wants to stand up a node do so. Let me know.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:59:55 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 09:23:17 PM by MickGhee

NEVERMIND  this is a non issue

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:04:41 PM

I am asking a simple question why do you not support mining ? without mining how can u even make an attempt to call this decentralized? when it is in fact 100% controlled and central to your authority. i have asked to u many times, through different avenues and have been thus snubbed. If you say with one hand and do with the other, you will only gain the suckers i feel you are hoping to dupe.

I'm sorry you feel we haven't answered your question. This is the first time you post it in this thread.

We do in fact have a "mining" mechanism. People running Synereo nodes and supplying the network with extra storage and bandwidth will be compensated for it with AMPs.
Otherwise, can you explain what in your eyes makes this a centralized solution?

<br>
MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:08:07 PM

I am asking a simple question why do you not support mining ? without mining how can u even make an attempt to call this decentralized? when it is in fact 100% controlled and central to your authority. i have asked to u many times, through different avenues and have been thus snubbed. If you say with one hand and do with the other, you will only gain the suckers i feel you are hoping to dupe.

I'm sorry you feel we haven't answered your question. This is the first time you post it in this thread.

We do in fact have a "mining" mechanism. People running Synereo nodes and supplying the network with extra storage and bandwidth will be compensated for it with AMPs.

because u set the supply
u controll the distro
you control the website
u have all the fucking coins
 i could keep going

MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:10:07 PM

and your pos  "mining system" in no way rewards those that invested in the system thus far  MINERS WITH GEAR.  who use PROOF OF WORK not only as a way to accumulate coins but, to disperse control away from the center. 

thank you

Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

because u set the supply
u controll the distro
you control the website
u have all the fucking coins
 i could keep going

We are the ones putting the initial time, energy and resources required to bootstrap the platform - with the support of our community, yes.
Coin distribution is announced in advance, as well as our policies WRT their exact use and distribution. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLBm8OHt5-81flihJ6iSKEm0WbRa6FL0mJ5ivBN34Po
The Synereo website is immaterial to the service, serving only to announce our plans and share information with our community.

Once the system is live, it will be completely decentralized and not require anything from us. You could set it up and run it on your LAN. You could fork it and give it another name.
Even now all the code is open-source. If you or anyone else think you can do better than us, nothing is stopping you. Smiley

<br>
MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:19:20 PM

in your answer lies your flaw

We are the ones putting the initial time, energy and resources required to bootstrap the platform - with the support of our community'

so u who wrote some code will then depend on the backs of your investors to do the work

but only u should be rewarded by POW ie money for working code

and investors who do all the actual work can sit with their fingers crossed clutching a bible, while u go to the bahammas

others have done much more, gave it all away,asked for nothing and got rich.

Now its a non-issue
thanks for your time.

SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 10:11:25 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 10:25:43 PM by SynereoCommunity

[BOUNTY] 100,000 AMPs for best Tweet - Ends March 24, 8:00PM GMT!

The Synereo crowdsale is approaching fast and we decided to give out our first bounty.

Anyone with a Twitter account can participate and win 100,000 AMPs (~USD 650 worth).
One prize winner to be selected next week for the best (creative/insightful/witty/inspiring/popular) Tweet using #DumpFacebook hashtag.

Just pick a question and Tweet your answer until March 24, 8:00PM GMT:

• What would it take for you to leave Facebook and switch to Synereo?
  • What or where do you think Facebook could improve or be a better Social Network?
  • What do you expect Synereo to offer better than Facebook?

To be eligible, your Tweet needs to contain both @Synereo and #DumpFacebook.

Sample Tweet 1: "I want to see @Synereo introduce a video-only timeline tab so I can browse the network just for vids #DumpFacebook."

Sample Tweet 2: "I want to be able to create my own type of feed item on @Synereo #DumpFacebook."

How and When do I receive my Prize?
AMPs to be rewarded after the end of our crowdsale and will be sent to the winner's AMP address.
We will get in touch with the winner with a personal message on Twitter. We will then ask for an email address to send further details.

Picking the Winner
We will be monitoring all submissions for the duration of the bounty.
We will choose between the ones who stand out for their originality, creativity, and best feedback (i.e. retweets, quotes, etc).
We'll also be retweeting, and quoting the posts we like the most.

Go wild!

The Synereo Team
Be Part of the Solution

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████