Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879155 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:59:46 AM

Or why the price is crashing? And steem is at 20 million, unreal.

Imo, only the uninformed or people who need the money are selling at these prices.  Steem is a joke.  Don't pay it any mind.  It isn't even a legitimate competitor.

I thought I was clear enough and frankly should be all self explanatory.
lets try and explain the obvious:
-there is now no incentive to buy AMPs from the exchanges knowing that soon they can be bought for cheaper from a crowdsale (they must be cheaper or ppl would just buy them from the market instead) .
-there is no incentive to hold AMPs as they can now be dumped and bought cheaper at the crowdsale. infact there is a clear incentive to dump them to get an even better price at the crowdsale.
-You are also "shooting yourself in the foot" as AMP prices will remain rock bottom which means you have less money for development (considering a large chunk of AMPs are supposed to fund devs).
I suggest you speak to Dor. in the meanwhile I had to get out of AMP. simply not worth keeping with a crowdsale looming. I'll surely buy into the next crowdsale but only if it will be the last one.

I don't know why you think the upcoming AMP sale in a few months will be below or at market prices.  Regardless of what they set the price at, I'm not selling any of my AMPs.  Dor has stated on the hangouts that the mass majority of the original participates in the first crowdsale haven't sold any of their AMPs.  I think that trend will continue.  Personally, I think the AMP price at the crowdsale will be much higher than the current market price of ~3 cents an AMP, because very few are selling.  I'm expecting a list price somewhere around what Ethereum did @ 1000 Eths a BTC or 1000 AMPs a BTC.  I could be wrong, but it seemed to work well for Ethereum.  Such a list price would cause the exchange rate to quickly shoot up to that value, because of the low sell side volume.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 07:45:09 PM

-there is now no incentive to buy AMPs from the exchanges knowing that soon they can be bought for cheaper from a crowdsale (they must be cheaper or ppl would just buy them from the market instead) .
-there is no incentive to hold AMPs as they can now be dumped and bought cheaper at the crowdsale. infact there is a clear incentive to dump them to get an even better price at the crowdsale.
-You are also "shooting yourself in the foot" as AMP prices will remain rock bottom which means you have less money for development (considering a large chunk of AMPs are supposed to fund devs).
I suggest you speak to Dor. in the meanwhile I had to get out of AMP. simply not worth keeping with a crowdsale looming. I'll surely buy into the next crowdsale but only if it will be the last one.

Ok, first, the most obvious: Of course I'm speaking here after having been briefed by the CEO and other relevant Synereo people.

The rest is your own opinion and speculation.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it does not make a good argument.

"Decentralized Economics" pretty much hit the nail on the head: the price will be higher than the market, if the market is "broken" (has any missing requirements).  No one is really selling, they are putting small offers up (limited to cover transaction fee) trying to keep the price down.

The model that can be made from your assumptions fails for this reason:

No one who wants to invest, say $10,000, is going to buy AMPs in penny increments.  Even if they did, there are transaction fees, and the price would start to go up with every purchase, and it would soon be higher than the fixed rate anyway!

Let's say AMPs are at $.10 each - that's 100,000 AMPs.  The cheap prices you see on the trader's market are for 40 AMPs, 120 AMPs, etc.  You'd have to make 1000s of those purchases.

On the other hand, if Synereo sells AMPs at $.10, how long do you think it would be before places like Poloniex would move to that price?  I'd say about 24 hrs.

The reasons people will hold AMPs are the same: belief in the long term prospects of the final product.  The Beta phase is a waiting game, and the people who are in during that part are looking at probably 2-3 years before the maximum potential is reached.  Of course, projects like this can fail too, so we are doing everything we can to make sure that does not happen. 

Smiley

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:33:54 AM

Ok, first, the most obvious: Of course I'm speaking here after having been briefed by the CEO and other relevant Synereo people.

No one who wants to invest, say $10,000, is going to buy AMPs in penny increments.  Even if they did, there are transaction fees, and the price would start to go up with every purchase, and it would soon be higher than the fixed rate anyway!

Let's say AMPs are at $.10 each - that's 100,000 AMPs.  The cheap prices you see on the trader's market are for 40 AMPs, 120 AMPs, etc.  You'd have to make 1000s of those purchases.

On the other hand, if Synereo sells AMPs at $.10, how long do you think it would be before places like Poloniex would move to that price?  I'd say about 24 hrs.

The reasons people will hold AMPs are the same: belief in the long term prospects of the final product.  The Beta phase is a waiting game, and the people who are in during that part are looking at probably 2-3 years before the maximum potential is reached.  Of course, projects like this can fail too, so we are doing everything we can to make sure that does not happen. 

Smiley

Good point, and the investment to the synereo team is much more better than buying AMPs from the exchangs, because the funds could help the project keep growing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:40:10 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 08:52:57 PM by DecentralizeEconomics

in the meanwhile I had to get out of AMP. simply not worth keeping with a crowdsale looming. I'll surely buy into the next crowdsale but only if it will be the last one.

The rest is your own opinion and speculation.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it does not make a good argument.

"Decentralized Economics" pretty much hit the nail on the head: the price will be higher than the market, if the market is "broken" (has any missing requirements).  No one is really selling, they are putting small offers up (limited to cover transaction fee) trying to keep the price down.

No one who wants to invest, say $10,000, is going to buy AMPs in penny increments.  Even if they did, there are transaction fees, and the price would start to go up with every purchase, and it would soon be higher than the fixed rate anyway!

Let's say AMPs are at $.10 each - that's 100,000 AMPs.  The cheap prices you see on the trader's market are for 40 AMPs, 120 AMPs, etc.  You'd have to make 1000s of those purchases.

On the other hand, if Synereo sells AMPs at $.10, how long do you think it would be before places like Poloniex would move to that price?  I'd say about 24 hrs.

The reasons people will hold AMPs are the same: belief in the long term prospects of the final product.  The Beta phase is a waiting game, and the people who are in during that part are looking at probably 2-3 years before the maximum potential is reached.  Of course, projects like this can fail too, so we are doing everything we can to make sure that does not happen.  

Smiley

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:02:07 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 06:06:33 PM by extee

@decentralizedeconomics
don't worry I saw his post just minutes after he made it Wink  and actually your previous post had already made me jump back in a bit as the doubt arose. so thank you. although i had to get in a bit higher.. can't complain.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:56:00 AM

@decentralizedeconomics
don't worry I saw his post just minutes after he made it Wink  and actually your previous post had already made me jump back in a bit as the doubt arose. so thank you. although i had to get in a bit higher.. can't complain.

Stay cool my babies.

Imo, right now AMPs are a steal.  3 1/2 cents is highway robbery.  I remember buying AMPs back when they were ~600 sats on Bittrex.  That was a real bargain.  Remember, Synereo is facing off against corporatized social media who has BIG MONEY behind them.  These entities cannot compete against a decentralized social network offensively, because it is impossible for them to turn their monetization model around without destroying their company.  However, they can put up a defensive fight in an attempt to retain userbase with their capital.  Synereo, both the company and the social network, will require a lot of capital to attract new users to the network.  Synereo LTD, the company, is more dependant on this than the decentralized social network, because, without a userbase to monetize, they will not survive.  Synereo, the decentralized social network, and AMPs will remain regardless of initial adoption.  This means that they cannot afford to sell AMPs cheaply, because doing so would be fatal.  If I was running Synereo, I'd list AMPs for as much as I think the market would bear.  The market thought 1000 Eths per BTC was reasonable.  I think 1000 AMPs per BTC is equally reasonable.  Seeing that Eth is now at $14, most people would jump at the chance to take that offer today.

SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 06:27:42 PM

We're LIVE - come and join us in the weekly hangout!

https://zoom.us/j/2549127023

Cool

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████