Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:15:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879156 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:23:36 PM

Screw Greg... Screw his RChain bullshit... Screw his fucking feelings.  Nobody fucking likes you Greg.  Deal with it!

I'm most likely going to be using RChain for my dapp.

https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/767463165860777984

Guess what... nobody gives a shit.  If you can deal with Greg's lying bullshit, he's all yours.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:29:32 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2016, 03:14:02 PM by DecentralizeEconomics

Have you ever paid $$$$ for something and received another thing? If the company was unable to deliver what they announced, you have the right to a refund.

If the original purpose of the 2nd fundraising will not be delivered, as per documentation provided, all those investors should have the right to a refund.

I myself have claimed numerous times that a drop in price is no reason for a refund. This is market risk. However, if the original purpose will (unfortunately) not be aimed from start, this is time to think about giving those resources back to people who trusted that project, which is no longer on the table.

Why don't you go ask Greg for refund since it is Greg who clearly wanted to leave Synereo and doesn't want AMP holders to be the main beneficiaries of his vaporware RChain, but wants us all to fund his ass.  Why don't you broach the subject with him the next time he states that "AMPs will be one of many different currencies on RChain".  He's having one of his goddamn Hangout sessions with his druggie buddy and his other bitches this coming Sunday at 9:30AM PST.  Go ask the lying sack of shit.  I want to see what type of bullshit response he gives you.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
morda

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:33:13 PM

Screw Greg... Screw his RChain bullshit... Screw his fucking feelings.  Nobody fucking likes you Greg.  Deal with it!

Guess what... nobody gives a shit.  If you can deal with Greg's lying bullshit, he's all yours.

this greg is acting like a little school boy, cant take any blame so he decides to run away under the pretence that his only in the game now to make it "right" with the community...yeah right

and suddenly he wants multicoin support and be totally independent of synereo but be funded by them and then has some cheek to say Dor has ulterior motives.

3DjB5gFXnh9TZF5DS7Zm6eSs64RbSYP9JU
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:35:40 PM

this greg is acting like a little school boy, cant take any blame so he decides to run away under the pretence that his only in the game now to make it "right" with the community...yeah right

and suddenly he wants multicoin support and be totally independent of synereo but be funded by them and then has some cheek to say Dor has ulterior motives.

Exactly.  Greg is extremely emotionally immature.  Everything has to be his way or the highway regardless of his responsibilities.  He doesn't give a rat's shit about anybody but himself.

thdim

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:38:50 PM

I haven't invest a single cent and I watched the videos just to decide if it haves trading value. My impression is that there is a lot of drama and since it's going to take so much time to show anything functional (if they even manage to solve their disagreements) price can go very down.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:58:14 PM

I keep hearing Greg talk about intentions in his stupid videos.  Let's be honest here about this bastard's intentions.  Greg has ZERO concern for AMP holders or Synereo LTD equity investors except when it comes to milking us dry to fund his bullshit.  Greg keeps claiming that he is doing this for the "community" when in fact it is the community that supported him that he is hurting.  Greg doesn't give a shit about us or our community.  He claims he wants "community governance", but that is all a ruse to excuse himself from his responsibilities.  When he doesn't / can't deliver again, he'll just blame the community.  People like Greg can't make a decision and commit to it, because they can't handle responsibility.  I've dealt with these weeny ass people before and they are pathetic.  They are never responsible for anything and it is always someone else's fault.  They will do anything to take the responsibility off of themselves including running away which is exactly what Greg is doing here.

c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:19:02 PM

What a stupid kindergarden. Find a solution and get your shit together as soon as possible. Im close to dumb this shit and forget it.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:34:49 PM

I don't think any ICO is worth investing into again until there is a solid way to protect the investors from these people, can you imagine they pump the token to 40000sat before the ICO, set the ICO price at 33ksat and after few months the price is now 6000sat. See Wings team too inorder to protect themselves only they call their investors Donor, and people are gullible enough to invest into such project
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:39:00 PM

It all makes sense now, Lucius Gregory Meredith is secretly dumping his funds for weeks.
This is obvious insider trading and a serious crime. don't forget to mention his complete name ( so future employers wont hire him when they do research )

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
luzamarino

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:45:39 PM

Even if it were true he would never need to work again.
KurtB

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:51:45 PM

Ok, so I must say I am a bit disgruntled at the recent happenings.  That video is very revealing.  I urge everyone with a large vested interest to watch carefully:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLrvV2YKbZg

This is a toxic relationship among the core team because they have lost trust in each other.  Synereo cannot move forward with this type of angst between close founders.  This disagreement isn't about the technical theories, this is about fundamental relationship of the members and the way they are operating.  

Here's an analogy - a couple may disagree and argue about various topics like where to vacation, where to live, what to eat, what to do for fun... but at the end of the day, they still love each other despite surface issues... but if they question each others' loyalty, trust or commitment, they are questioning the foundation of the marriage or partnership, which is dangerous... and how can one count on the other to deliver thereafter, if there is a loss of trust?

As much as I hate to say this (especially since I know Greg personally, which as honest as I've been on this forum about my IRL persona), I think he has to go (good thing I'm not using my real name here ha).  As a fellow developer, I have been in these kinds of disputes and it doesn't end well.  This is not a disagreement about the technical fundamentals as we may have seen with other coin founder teams, this is an issue where the founders no longer trust each other, namely Dor does not trust Greg to deliver on deadlines, which continue to be delayed.

And sadly, Greg is pulling a typical developer move, trying to take credit for docs and pushing the technicals without real prototypes/demos, which honestly is something I've been guilty of doing myself.  But as an investor, even though I made quite a bit in the early days, over the past few months I lost roughly $43k USD worth of AMPs and today I am officially out of this, but there is an upside.  

First, I have to call out Greg on his bullshit.  He is stalling, using funds to drive his own development, because he's a perfectionist and self-centered.  

Second, this disagreement is super dangerous to Synereo - the development was heavily based on Greg's proprietary theories and code.  So if Greg has to leave, he takes the only real code with him.  Greg is trying to maintain credit on all the technical fundamentals, so he is essentially the technical team for Synereo.  If they must part ways, which I believe is the only way forward), then what is left, a marketing team?  A CEO who has no technical background whatsoever (though I think Dor is awesome at funding/marketing considering he's been pitching an empty promise for the past 2 years and despite that got huge funding and mainstream media press).  Even if he stays, the relationship going forward will be poisoned by the criticisms thrown around, which question the nature of the partnership.  It will be a very thin layer of ice that Dor would have to walk on, to constantly avoid Greg holding the project technical/code hostage.  Greg is in the position to easily blackmail Dor - that's really bad, and I have to stick with my Jewish brothers on this one.  Dor really trusted Greg putting that much control in him, but Greg broke that trust, even from day one.  

But anway, financially, here's the upside.  I'm out of Synereo, because Greg is planning to leave Synereo and take the code with him.  There is a strong possibility of this.  This is what he has been pondering, based on a conversation I had with a close mutual friend on Skype very recently.  That's why I decided to sell today, for a huge loss, and I probably caused the dump in the last few minutes dropping it from 7k satoshi to 6k, though I'm sure the rise of BTC is not helping either.

Just want everyone to know this is not a 'whale' accumulation phase.  Unless Dor and Greg are amazing actors making this up (including everyone in my mutual inner circle), then this is about to go lower, and you should save what little you have left and stay in BTC while it rises a bit.  Synereo may cease to exist, especially if Greg leaves with the code and all the partners come knocking and blaming Dor for deadlines and missed promises (which already seems to be happening).

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the insights, that is helpful while the rest seems like noise. I have a similar feeling after watching the hangouts.
However, what do you mean with "Greg is planning to leave Synereo and take the code with him". Really, I can't see much valuable code there. Considering that they have funding now and on-board new people it would seem like a good point to start from scratch, ideally without Greg.
Geekphazm

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:08:55 PM

Ok, so I must say I am a bit disgruntled at the recent happenings.  That video is very revealing.  I urge everyone with a large vested interest to watch carefully:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLrvV2YKbZg

This is a toxic relationship among the core team because they have lost trust in each other.  Synereo cannot move forward with this type of angst between close founders.  This disagreement isn't about the technical theories, this is about fundamental relationship of the members and the way they are operating.  

Here's an analogy - a couple may disagree and argue about various topics like where to vacation, where to live, what to eat, what to do for fun... but at the end of the day, they still love each other despite surface issues... but if they question each others' loyalty, trust or commitment, they are questioning the foundation of the marriage or partnership, which is dangerous... and how can one count on the other to deliver thereafter, if there is a loss of trust?

As much as I hate to say this (especially since I know Greg personally, which as honest as I've been on this forum about my IRL persona), I think he has to go (good thing I'm not using my real name here ha).  As a fellow developer, I have been in these kinds of disputes and it doesn't end well.  This is not a disagreement about the technical fundamentals as we may have seen with other coin founder teams, this is an issue where the founders no longer trust each other, namely Dor does not trust Greg to deliver on deadlines, which continue to be delayed.

And sadly, Greg is pulling a typical developer move, trying to take credit for docs and pushing the technicals without real prototypes/demos, which honestly is something I've been guilty of doing myself.  But as an investor, even though I made quite a bit in the early days, over the past few months I lost roughly $43k USD worth of AMPs and today I am officially out of this, but there is an upside.  

First, I have to call out Greg on his bullshit.  He is stalling, using funds to drive his own development, because he's a perfectionist and self-centered.  

Second, this disagreement is super dangerous to Synereo - the development was heavily based on Greg's proprietary theories and code.  So if Greg has to leave, he takes the only real code with him.  Greg is trying to maintain credit on all the technical fundamentals, so he is essentially the technical team for Synereo.  If they must part ways, which I believe is the only way forward), then what is left, a marketing team?  A CEO who has no technical background whatsoever (though I think Dor is awesome at funding/marketing considering he's been pitching an empty promise for the past 2 years and despite that got huge funding and mainstream media press).  Even if he stays, the relationship going forward will be poisoned by the criticisms thrown around, which question the nature of the partnership.  It will be a very thin layer of ice that Dor would have to walk on, to constantly avoid Greg holding the project technical/code hostage.  Greg is in the position to easily blackmail Dor - that's really bad, and I have to stick with my Jewish brothers on this one.  Dor really trusted Greg putting that much control in him, but Greg broke that trust, even from day one.  

But anway, financially, here's the upside.  I'm out of Synereo, because Greg is planning to leave Synereo and take the code with him.  There is a strong possibility of this.  This is what he has been pondering, based on a conversation I had with a close mutual friend on Skype very recently.  That's why I decided to sell today, for a huge loss, and I probably caused the dump in the last few minutes dropping it from 7k satoshi to 6k, though I'm sure the rise of BTC is not helping either.

Just want everyone to know this is not a 'whale' accumulation phase.  Unless Dor and Greg are amazing actors making this up (including everyone in my mutual inner circle), then this is about to go lower, and you should save what little you have left and stay in BTC while it rises a bit.  Synereo may cease to exist, especially if Greg leaves with the code and all the partners come knocking and blaming Dor for deadlines and missed promises (which already seems to be happening).

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the insights, that is helpful while the rest seems like noise. I have a similar feeling after watching the hangouts.
However, what do you mean with "Greg is planning to leave Synereo and take the code with him". Really, I can't see much valuable code there. Considering that they have funding now and on-board new people it would seem like a good point to start from scratch, ideally without Greg.

How much fund they share if greg will leave? Sounds a good news, I am AMPmhater because i am sick of their second ico, deliberately scam and screw investors
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 04:45:55 PM

I invite everyone here to join us on slack.synereo.com to follow progress more closely.

May also help tip the balance towards sanity and away from the true believers.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
KurtB

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:19:29 PM

It looks dire but not all is lost

I invested in the last round mostly because I liked the vision and because I sensed that people involved where serious and capable enough to launch this. The state of Synereo as I perceive it now is much worse than it appeared and certainly worse than it was advertised in September:

Synereos four-layers:
0. RChain - blockchain, Casper, PoS // Progress: 1% - planning
1. SpecialK - distributed storage and content delivery protocol (DHT based) // Progress: failed
2. Rholang - functional programming language for smart contracts  // Progress: 1% - planning
3. Social Network/Apps // Progress: ?% planning/mock up

Here is what I observed: The main actors, namely Dor (CEO) and Greg (CTO) have seriously endangered the project, their respective ability appears insufficient to drive the current effort and their communication appears flawed. The basic architecture does in fact not exist, both underestimate the effort required. The idea currently floated will leave Dor in control of Synereo and proposes to spin-off a separate entity with Greg at its helm to develop RChain from scratch.

Starting with Greg. He comes from big Corp. IT projects, developing the kind of bloated enterprise software for middle and back office operation that is more recently replaced with SaaS. That's also my background. The Organization Man Greg is dangerous because he isn't on top technically and possibly ideologically implicated. This is important because people like him have a propensity to politicize and complicate matters, I have meet them and I couldn't comprehend this before I worked for Microsoft. It's said that managers there spend 50% of their time with politics. That is what Greg does.

Greg disingenuous:
"I need to clarify. We have to make a distinction between decentralized in the sense that there is no node in charge vs decentralized meaning that you grow the network one piece at a time."
- This should not need to be 'clarified' at this point.
FYI: http://isr.uci.edu/projects/pace/decentralization.html
Greg on Business Development
- Unclear how he could spin-off anything.
FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_development
Greg on governance
- That's clearly what he likes to spend his time on.

As for Dor, he seems to lack the technical depth that is required in such an early stage and has shown weak judgment. Both is very visible in the fact that he let Greg got away with SpecialK for so long.

SpecialK, Java/Mongo DB/rabbitmq based software, compartmentalized and developed to fit into big-organizations data centers. This dangerous and unmanageable setup was finally folded into Docker to make it appear more manageable for anybody who has no IT-Department at his disposal to maintain the necessary infrastructure!
- This seems absolutely insufficient for any kind of bitcoin-like robustness and decentralization at the core of Synereo.

Dor is responsible. It's inconceivable that he let this go on for so long and even raised money just two month ago. Maybe he can work in a marketing/representation function, while technically inept I at least grant him that he acted in good faith.

If I had been given an honest status on the state of the development I would never have invested. Of course the lack of due diligence is my fault.

Moving forward I expect a feasibility analysis of various options, e.g.:

Option A: Run the Social Network on Ethereum/IPFS // low risk
Option B: Fork Maidsafe, adapt it to the social network (considering Rholang integration) // medium Risk
Option C: Focus on Rchain // high risk
Option D: Refund - wind down and start over // Recovery ratio?

It is not an option to let the part-time CTO Greg continue to use up more resources!

From my observation the following quick and dirty reshuffle seems appropriate:
- Greg is a liability and can maybe be kept in an advisory role. Ask Henry to step in as interim CTO.
- Look for a new CEO while Dor has to run every strategic/technical decision by Ed for the time being. Andy could act as tiebreaker.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 05:21:23 PM

I invite everyone here to join us on slack.synereo.com to follow progress more closely.

I'm there but the chat that is most live I don't think is a place for outsiders to ask questions or make helpful suggestions.

Was wondering, I haven't researched these new programming languages being mentioned as the key to Synereo's success, but they
raise a question immediately, especially if they are still being developed.

Can one really trust a new language to create working solutions when that language itself has never produced a real world product before?
Can't existing languages just create new objects and functions to do what you need to do?

SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:41:29 PM

Was wondering, I haven't researched these new programming languages being mentioned as the key to Synereo's success, but they
raise a question immediately, especially if they are still being developed.

Can one really trust a new language to create working solutions when that language itself has never produced a real world product before?
Can't existing languages just create new objects and functions to do what you need to do?

I guess the new language is to be used to program the DApp not the core of synereo.
KurtB

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:54:35 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2016, 06:08:38 PM by KurtB

I'm there but the chat that is most live I don't think is a place for outsiders to ask questions or make helpful suggestions.
- Yes, it's too noisy for me as well.

It's not so much a new language as just a different logic. The promise is that formal semantics make the programs much less buggy and allow more rigorous approaches for verification.
To my understanding this is similar to Hoon, page 16: http://media.urbit.org/whitepaper.pdf (which could incidentally be appropriated).
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 06:02:58 PM

Have you ever paid $$$$ for something and received another thing? If the company was unable to deliver what they announced, you have the right to a refund.

If the original purpose of the 2nd fundraising will not be delivered, as per documentation provided, all those investors should have the right to a refund.

I myself have claimed numerous times that a drop in price is no reason for a refund. This is market risk. However, if the original purpose will (unfortunately) not be aimed from start, this is time to think about giving those resources back to people who trusted that project, which is no longer on the table.

Why don't you go ask Greg for refund since it is Greg who clearly wanted to leave Synereo and doesn't want AMP holders to be the main beneficiaries of his vaporware RChain, but wants us all to fund his ass.  Why don't you broach the subject with him the next time he states that "AMPs will be one of many different currencies on RChain".  He's having one of his goddamn Hangout sessions with his druggie buddy and his other bitches this coming Sunday at 9:30AM PST.  Go ask the lying sack of shit.  I want to see what type of bullshit response he gives you.

Because I did not fund Greg! Impossible! It was Synereo. Greg doesn't even have the ability to withdraw those bitcoins (and I am not saying he should!)

It was and has always been Synereo who promised and got funded, as per documentation provided. All those investors should have the right to a refund if the purpose is no longer to be aimed, regardless of whose fault it is.
JUSTDLISK

Activity: 457

Bancor

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

https://zoom.us/j/2522161381

Meeting atm

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

- Yes, it's too noisy for me as well.

It's not so much a new language as just a different logic. The promise is that formal semantics make the programs much less buggy and allow more rigorous approaches for verification.
To my understanding this is similar to Hoon, page 16: http://media.urbit.org/whitepaper.pdf (which could incidentally be appropriated).

Different logic implies different operators hence a different compiler to create the applications.  Time tested languages have a history of
working.  Something with a different logic seems to put things at step one, or at least back a few steps.  

There are a lot of initiatives trying to do something similar.  Ethereum seems like the most similar technology.  I wonder how the languages/technologies compare to what LBRY are trying to do, or many others.   Could it be possible that a synergy would work?  Do groups really know what the other are doing, and what in the purpose of science, are inventions that could be open source used by others?

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: