Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879158 times)
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 09:14:25 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2017, 10:25:26 PM by SynereoCommunity

What was the reason synerio is not going to just clone steams base code for their own?

What would be the advantage of having an exact copy of something that's already running with users?

I mean in the face of no Rchain what actual tech do they have that is superior to steams?

First off, Rchain was not the social layer, and it's meaningless to ask about theoretical speculation in that context.  Anything Synereo makes that works around or solves the problems that other networks with similar basic ideas have now, or had and failed, will be "superior".

There is not a lack of coders here, and more are being brought on as the work path increases.

I'm not sure about what Greg may have said about other devs (and when), but based on delivering working code, he has no room to critique others.  

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 10:11:18 PM

Not sure, can you take over this ship and get it sailing in the correct direction again?

Heard the name before and many speak highly of you. Perhaps with someone of this stature amp can progress onward and upward after all this time of messing around chasing it's tail.

Some don't like dor, some don't like greg.

With just one decent person to unite both sides maybe we can prevent the project splitting into 2 segments.

I think the issue with Synereo is that the project has a unique tech stack, some good ideas and an unclear execution model. It needs a notion of success and also some clear milestones for the community to form around for it to grow effectively. It's not really my project and IOHK hasn't considered entering the attention economy side of cryptocurrencies.

It would be interesting to see a mashup of steem, synereo and an identity token with a clear target market. I think it would be a great experiment to run. 

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:05:10 AM

I would prefer that they did what I would have done in their place: apologize for the inconvenience and refund investors.

If you ask for money to organize a Rolling Stones show and then you find out your partner in charge of contacting them is gone and all you can do is contacting Maroon 5, would you still do the show? It doesn't matter how good Maroon 5 is! You must refund everyone (or everyone who shows interest is a refund), instead of "staying competitive". It is not about token price. It is about fairness, morality, principles and even legality.

Lol. Of course I would.

Both Rolling Stones and Maroon 5 would make me money, if I were an investor.

Sometimes you expect 5000% profit, but you only get 4000%, oh big deal  Cheesy

Do you seriously expect the project creators to know the future, and to tell you exactly what will happen? They are not demi-gods, they are just entrepreneurs, trying to create something.

And while investor are constantly bitching about every concievable thing they can find, they are still working hard on it. And it may not be a Rolling Stones, but I don't care.

It will be a very very exciting project that will probably make  a lot of returns in my opinion.

This is true. The people who invested in the ICO when the price they were selling AMP for was at 30k satoshis does not deserve to have a losing investment. But it does not mean you deserve to win too. You took a high risk and a high reward investment, whatever happens is up to the market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 06:28:11 AM

Been putting AMP churns in the backseat for a bit.... while other coins take priority. Roll Eyes

scamalert0

Activity: 498

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:37:19 PM

Been putting AMP churns in the backseat for a bit.... while other coins take priority. Roll Eyes

Ohhhh !! AMP what wrong with you .. ALL coins got his price but AMP you are still same .. Please can you also spike??  Sad
cyrixcer

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:42:33 PM

My econometric forecasting model predicts AMP price rise in about 1.5 hours from now:  Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:00:00 GMT

The next few hours should be a very exciting time, read more here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758541.msg17665360#msg17665360

Wow

Edit:
This prediction is based on what facts ? Just market dump & pumps ?

It is no prediction at all, all is vaporware and dream, AMP back to 15k sat? Go to sleep and have a good dream, you will never see 5 figure price any more, give it up and dumo now.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:45:03 PM

Ethereum CEO, Charles Hoskinson resigned due to disagreements over how the company should be run. ETH is now #2 on CoinMarketCap. However, he didn't try to destroy the company by making it look bad to investors like Greg did. If you saw the live videos back in December, you'll find that he repeatedly says, "I think that the investors have a right to know what is going on, it is only fair to them" - he doesn't care about the project's backers. If he really cared about them then why would he refuse to have private conversations about his problem with Synereo? He chose to hurt our investment by talking about the matter on Google Hangouts where the whole world can see. Initially, people didn't know who to side with because they didn't know all the facts. Greg took advantage of that.

Dor won the chess game. The devs will continue on. Ethereum managed to do so and I don't see why Synereo can't/won't.
I hope so. I am not advocating for Synereo failing. I have quite some AMPs so I wish Synereo all the luck. But I think it is about time they actually start producing something more than promises.

Same here.

LOL...umm ok then?
xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:11:11 PM

My econometric forecasting model predicts AMP price rise in about 1.5 hours from now:  Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:00:00 GMT

Wow

Edit:
This prediction is based on what facts ? Just market dump & pumps ?

Well it's a solid quantitative analysis model, that I have backtested, and had pretty low error margins. It may not be always correct, but most of the times it usually predicted the price with a small standard error.

Just read my speculation thread to see the results thus far:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758541.0

We shall see what will happen quite soon!

With all due respect. You got a lot of your predictions right especially for Monero
But I got to say that you might be wrong for this one!
I have been following synereo since the 2nd ico and it is no where near to rise and make you big profits. This project is dead. The amount invested by investors will be depleaded for team salaries. The community is split apart. The team is incompetent and doesnt support/answer us. A roadmap without tentative dates, ridiculous

You got this prediction wrong my friend :/

I have to ask, till when will you still believe in this project ?
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:19:16 AM

Calling this baseless joke an econometric forecasting model just ruins the reputation of econometry. This is silly... Just don't do that, please. It is nowhere near a real econometric model, only manipulation, and some people might believe it.
jvper

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:33:17 AM

So you are upset that the dev team is changing their plans in order to stay competitive?

So you would just prefer if the old plan would have stayed, which would have lead to inevitable failure, and then the price would have really tanked.

This is the rescue plan, and it's solid, and I believe AMP will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. It already went up 5.4% today, way to go  Smiley
Nobody is against a rescue plan. But how convenient to have this fight immediately after the ICO ...

Ethereum CEO, Charles Hoskinson resigned due to disagreements over how the company should be run. ETH is now #2 on CoinMarketCap. However, he didn't try to destroy the company by making it look bad to investors like Greg did. If you saw the live videos back in December, you'll find that he repeatedly says, "I think that the investors have a right to know what is going on, it is only fair to them" - he doesn't care about the project's backers. If he really cared about them then why would he refuse to have private conversations about his problem with Synereo? He chose to hurt our investment by talking about the matter on Google Hangouts where the whole world can see. Initially, people didn't know who to side with because they didn't know all the facts. Greg took advantage of that.

Dor won the chess game. The devs will continue on. Ethereum managed to do so and I don't see why Synereo can't/won't.

The purpose of Ethereum was to create a smart contracts blockchain, not to be run by Charles Hoskinson. They used investors's btc into creating a smart contracts blockchain, so that's right.

Synereo, on the other hand, promised to rethink the whole internet through a blockchain that could be sliced in a way that the whole blockchain would not necessarily be replicated by all nodes. They made very clear that the social layer was only the beginning of the chain of ideas that started in 2014 and ended up with rethinking the whole internet. So it is not about replacing a person in the project. Synereo chamged the purpose of the project and did not give back the crowdsale resources. That's not admissible.
JoeyDaMan7

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:36:19 AM

So you are upset that the dev team is changing their plans in order to stay competitive?

So you would just prefer if the old plan would have stayed, which would have lead to inevitable failure, and then the price would have really tanked.

This is the rescue plan, and it's solid, and I believe AMP will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. It already went up 5.4% today, way to go  Smiley
Nobody is against a rescue plan. But how convenient to have this fight immediately after the ICO ...

The purpose of Ethereum was to create a smart contracts blockchain, not to be run by Charles Hoskinson. They used investors's btc into creating a smart contracts blockchain, so that's right.

Synereo, on the other hand, promised to rethink the whole internet through a blockchain that could be sliced in a way that the whole blockchain would not necessarily be replicated by all nodes. They made very clear that the social layer was only the beginning of the chain of ideas that started in 2014 and ended up with rethinking the whole internet. So it is not about replacing a person in the project. Synereo chamged the purpose of the project and did not give back the crowdsale resources. That's not admissible.

You completely missed the point. I was saying that Synereo can still go on to be a succesful project even though ex-CTO, Greg Meredith, set them back and left.

You are wrong, sir. The purpose is still the same. Only the roadmap and dev list changed. We've been given a more realistic roadmap, there's nothing wrong with that.

Synereo is not legally bound to reimburse you. Read BTTF's Terms and Conditions if you didn't when you bought at the Crowdsale.
chikiuso

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:39:50 AM

Synereo is not the original one, it is different from the previous one, after Greg leaving, the project looks bad, no deadline or ETA for alpha releasem it is dead, my investment was scammed by dor(dog), damn.
JoeyDaMan7

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:43:20 AM

What's this all about now? Invoking the name of the Hosk? What did I do now?

You didn't do anything wrong. People are assuming that since Synereo' ex-CTO left, the team will fail. I had to use Ethereum as an example.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:18:39 AM

when is the next update on progress - A timeline of sorts would be useful

--

--
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 08:21:30 AM

What's this all about now? Invoking the name of the Hosk? What did I do now?

Charles - you are doing fine - slowly but surely for ETC.  Your turning point for me was the pic with arms around Vitalik - make love not war.

--

--
ooom

Activity: 165

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

We were Scammed hard by Synereo. Dor did now that Gregs work was a scam before crowdfund but did nothing. Greg did now that his work is scam and what he did after crowdfund? Just further ruined the game for everyone.

Only one hope is this decentralized Social network... If it doesnt work or will be a shitty copy we all suffer a fiasco Cheesy

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
JoeyDaMan7

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

Dor did now that Gregs work was a scam before crowdfund but did nothing. Greg did now that his work is scam and what he did after crowdfund?

Hold on to your tin foil hats!

Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 01:03:43 PM

I had a deep feeling that things could go similar to Synereo controversy just before the crowdfunding campaign has started on BnK. Where are we now? Back to the start with only project - social platform - that has very obscure future as many social media based projects are going on the scene with bigger potential.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JoeyDaMan7

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

as many social media based projects are going on the scene with bigger potential.

That will censor their user's posts.
jvper

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:25:40 PM

I had a deep feeling that things could go similar to Synereo controversy just before the crowdfunding campaign has started on BnK. Where are we now? Back to the start with only project - social platform - that has very obscure future as many social media based projects are going on the scene with bigger potential.

They promised many revolutionary solutions, then they (naively speaking) were very unlucky. Therefore, they decided to change the mission statement of the project (and still some people fiercely advocate no change was made, OMG!)
Probably the biggest blockchain scam in 2016 if no refund is made to people who have never wanted to take a stake in this diminished project.
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: