Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826667 times)
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:05:44 PM

Here is just a short part of the guide because I keep having people messaging me about how to set up the folders and .bat files for multiple nodes.

I hope this illustrates it a bit better:

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:09:48 PM

Here is just a short part of the guide because I keep having people messaging me about how to set up the folders and .bat files for multiple nodes.

wow man! pretty cool
thanks again!
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:13:05 PM

wow man! pretty cool
thanks again!

Good guide very impressive thank you for your contribution what's you CRAVE address I'll send you a little something for your time?

daveolake

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:13:55 PM

stop feeding trolls.... ignoring is the best medicine. back to useful crave related topic... the new i2p wallet seems to loose all connections in the nodes. I have 4 nodes setup by sologap on vpn and updated to new wallet ... they all now have no connections to network. tried adding nodes from working normal staking wallet, but they don't work. any ideas? thanks. others have reported this on slack.
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:17:55 PM

stop feeding trolls.... ignoring is the best medicine. back to useful crave related topic... the new i2p wallet seems to loose all connections in the nodes. I have 4 nodes setup by sologap on vpn and updated to new wallet ... they all now have no connections to network. tried adding nodes from working normal staking wallet, but they don't work. any ideas? thanks. others have reported this on slack.

this^

coinspredator

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:19:53 PM

ah

time to buy more fud is starting  Grin

+15,36  Grin
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:28:39 PM

My normal (not MN) wallet couldn't connect either, after having 20+ connections prior to the latest wallet. Deleted my chain and it immediately found connections. Don't know much about the tech side of things but perhaps deleting your peers.dat and turning it back might work? that did it for me anyways......
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:29:24 PM

For Adrenalize:1.4.4, try this nodelist:

addnode=103.246.1.218
addnode=177.156.177.163
addnode=189.208.153.155
addnode=192.99.249.10
addnode=70.67.68.166
addnode=77.56.251.109
addnode=84.195.38.128
addnode=97.83.208.155

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

I've been away for a while (since the big pump Smiley) so please excuse my ignorance. I see a lot of progress is being made and the market looks oversold and so I'm on the sidelines again, but I have a question before jumping back in: Are the crave markets going to use crave or btc as the currency for purchasing stuff? Or both? Sorry if this is already answered somewhere obvious.

Could somebody answer this plz? I just want to know if btc or crave will be used as the currency on the markets. Thanks.
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:05:45 PM

I've been away for a while (since the big pump Smiley) so please excuse my ignorance. I see a lot of progress is being made and the market looks oversold and so I'm on the sidelines again, but I have a question before jumping back in: Are the crave markets going to use crave or btc as the currency for purchasing stuff? Or both? Sorry if this is already answered somewhere obvious.

Could somebody answer this plz? I just want to know if btc or crave will be used as the currency on the markets. Thanks.
The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley
stormia

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:08:42 PM

The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley

Would it be possible to use BTC too? I had removed the bulk of my previous post when I reposted it, but basically I think a functional illicit market would need to use BTC and not an alt- at least at first until the alt can provide the needed anonymity, liquidity, and reduced volatility.
coinspredator

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:17:03 PM

The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley

Perfect Smiley, that's exactly what do I wanted to hear, the market will create an insane buying demand to crave. Cool
stormia

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:19:38 PM

Perfect Smiley, that's exactly what do I wanted to hear, the market will create an insane buying demand to crave. Cool

Please consider the points in my full msg, I left it out.

I am asking because, lets be real, nobody is going to use an altcoin on illicit markets.. They very well might use the markets themselves, but they will not use an altcoin for the transactions. For many reasons...

1) Decreased anonymity. Sure, this coin is more "anonymous" than bitcoin, but nothing is absolutely anonymous and since there are so few people who use it, it is actually waaaaaaay easier to keep track of everybody involved.

2) Volatility. Vendors and even customers cannot and will not tolerate the extreme volatility. Even bitcoin's volatility is a big problem for illicit vendors because they are not able to quickly liquidate their funds since they first have to launder them.

3) Liquidity (closely related to #2). Vendors need to be able to cash out without dumping the market to oblivion. Not as big an issue for customers because when they pump the price up buying, it just means they pay less crave when they purchase something with it (but this is just doubly screwing the vendor now because of the inflated value of crave).

Now, obviously all of these issues would diminish as adoption increases. But even bitcoin hasn't completely achieved this.

For the above reasons, if the markets are to actually be functional and not just proof-of-concept, I think it would be best if BTC were used within the markets. Or at least for it to be an option. If that's even possible? Or will it simply be up to the people who run the markets?

Again, sorry if these questions have already been answered ad nauseam.

I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:23:44 PM

I am asking because, lets be real, nobody is going to use an altcoin on illicit markets.. They very well might use the markets themselves, but they will not use an altcoin for the transactions. For many reasons...

1) Decreased anonymity. Sure, this coin is more "anonymous" than bitcoin, but nothing is absolutely anonymous and since there are so few people who use it, it is actually waaaaaaay easier to keep track of everybody involved.

2) Volatility. Vendors and even customers cannot and will not tolerate the extreme volatility. Even bitcoin's volatility is a big problem for illicit vendors because they are not able to quickly liquidate their funds since they first have to launder them.

3) Liquidity (closely related to #2). Vendors need to be able to cash out without dumping the market to oblivion. Not as big an issue for customers because when they pump the price up buying, it just means they pay less crave when they purchase something with it (but this is just doubly screwing the vendor now because of the inflated value of crave).

Now, obviously all of these issues would diminish as adoption increases. But even bitcoin hasn't completely achieved this.

For the above reasons, if the markets are to actually be functional and not just proof-of-concept, I think it would be best if BTC were used within the markets. Or at least for it to be an option. If that's even possible? Or will it simply be up to the people who run the markets?

I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.

It wouldn't hurt to have a bitcoin option imo the more currencies offered the better(within reason of course) for crave possibly an option could be implemented in urge that allows a person to choose which currency to accept when they start their marketplace?

daveolake

Activity: 415

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:27:09 PM

My normal (not MN) wallet couldn't connect either, after having 20+ connections prior to the latest wallet. Deleted my chain and it immediately found connections. Don't know much about the tech side of things but perhaps deleting your peers.dat and turning it back might work? that did it for me anyways......
that seemed to work .... the addnodes didn't help... working now but it took many restarts of nodes to get going ... they stopped responding many times... stable so far ... thanks for suggestions all
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:32:39 PM

I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.
coinspredator

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:33:45 PM

Your problem is simple to solve .... if you want to use the market so, just buy crave, liquidity and stability will certainly come up with the large adoption of the users, crave will change crypto.

Crypto will be like AC - BC.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

Your problem is simple to solve .... if you want to use the market so, just buy crave, liquidity and stability will certainly come up with the large adoption of the users, crave will change crypto.

Crypto will be like AC - BC.
well those markets did use drk also! so i don't see issue here Huh

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:39:55 PM

I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

keep up the work icm Smiley all supporters are still holding and still happy at what you can do

striker7334 2.0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:41:34 PM

I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

What about building a API for cravedigger and implementing it into urge allowing people to easily convert their BTC > CRAVE?

Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: