Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters  (Read 47769 times)
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:39:55 AM

That's why some new coins get listed on exchanges that previously were bitcoin and litecoin only.

Such as?

https://btc-e.com/

Did Dash rename (again!) to Novacoin because otherwise I don't see it.

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/btc-e/

why should it be there? I was talking about new coins getting listed.

My mistake. I thought you were suggesting that Dash was able to meet the standards of exchanges such as btc-e (not listed) and bitfinex (delisted). Obviously it is not.

And I repeat this again, so we are all clear on this.
One example again, where money talks and nothing else, pure and simple. There's no conspiracy behind there.
This is pointless, we will see the results in the future as I mentioned earlier.

What the hell are you even talking about? The money is not going into Dash, that's exactly why bitfinex is pulling it.

persistently low demand for trading Darkcoin

There is little interest for something with that kind of ugly history and repetitional risk outside of a few existing true believers.

The true believers are for the most part incapable of making this analysis and saving themselves from a total loss because they are blind to how most people actually operate in the real world. They're mostly self-selected to not care about the issues of integrity and repetitional risk that actually matter to long term success. "Golden donkey? Sure, sign me up!"

What is important is to keep this information highly visible so that other people don't get sucked into involvement with something they would regret.

What did you not understand, the money goes both ways! As it was mentioned When it's not profitable enough it get's pulled and vice versa. As it read it didn't have enough volume there.

And a COLD money fact, this also reflects the markets that want a piece of the money cake.
Bitcoin trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 52
Litecoin trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 51
Dogecoin trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 47
Dash trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 31
Monero trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:42:49 AM

Bitcoin trading pairs listed in coinmarketcap 52

Let's play a little game. Which four of these do not belong on a thread about Dash?

I'm going to go with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Monero. Did I win?

The important question is, why is Dash's trading volume not growing sufficiently to meet the expectations of Bitfinex? Answer: because Dash has saturated the market of true believers willing overlook "mistakes"

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:53:48 AM

Let's play a little game. Which three of these do not belong on a thread about Dash?

I'm going to go with Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Monero. Did I win?

The important question is, why is Dash's trading volume not growing sufficient to meet the expectations of Bitfinex? Answer: because Dash has saturated the market of true believers willing overlook "mistakes"

Actually they do because you said that why that matters, I have proven my point over and over about the money runs the investors, corporations and trading. And that's why those coins also matter.
And where does it say that in bitfinex announcement? answer: and nothing to do with that bitfinex is largest BTC market.

I'm not going to go on with this, this is pointless.
I will leave this thread to DIE. As others should too.
There's no way getting it to you that capitalism is that controls the world.

I bid you farewell!

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:58:51 AM

I will leave this thread to DIE.

I'm guessing not. Page 22 out of 881 on all time views and climbing. People apparently do think that the darkcoin/dash instamine matters after all.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:09:23 AM

Proving that the developer did not enrich himself or a few people at the expense of the widespread distribution needed to gain network effects, is not only ethical but also probably wise.

We'll have to see how it ends up in Darkcoin/Dash's case.

Ultimately I think investors and users of anonymous coins are going to choose the best technology. Someone will need to speak to the market in a clear language because users and investors are not familiar with technobabble.

Usually what happens in a market where there is confusion over contenders, is something changes where suddenly there is something that is head & shoulders better and the market sees it clearly.

I expect that will be the case again soon.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:47:44 AM

Ultimately I think investors and users of anonymous coins are going to choose the best technology. Someone will need to speak to the market in a clear language because users and investors are not familiar with technobabble.

Usually what happens in a market where there is confusion over contenders, is something changes where suddenly there is something that is head & shoulders better and the market sees it clearly.

There being an actual use case for the coin might be more important at least in the beginning. But if there is something that has both the use and the technology - well, that's a game changer.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:34:42 PM

The money is not going into Dash, that's exactly why bitfinex is pulling it.

persistently low demand for trading Darkcoin

There is little interest for something with that kind of ugly history and repetitional risk outside of a few existing true believers.

The true believers are for the most part incapable of making this analysis and saving themselves from a total loss because they are blind to how most people actually operate in the real world. They're mostly self-selected to not care about the issues of integrity and repetitional risk that actually matter to long term success. "Golden donkey? Sure, sign me up!"

What is important is to keep this information highly visible so that other people don't get sucked into involvement with something they would regret.

The true believers of the cargo cult have a new article of faith.  They now spread the myth that Dash's Layer 2 of trusted 3rd party masternodes are in some way equal to BTC's trustless sidechain/Ligntening.

I understand the technical crypto-magic of the opcodes which allow BTC's Layer 2 to be trustless are esoteric, but that's no excuse for pretending Dash's 'bamboo runway' version of Layer 2 is comparable.

And the market agrees with your analysis of Dash's exhausted demand:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:20:18 PM

I understand the technical crypto-magic of the opcodes which allow BTC's Layer 2 to be trustless are esoteric, but that's no excuse for pretending Dash's 'bamboo runway' version of Layer 2 is comparable.

Aren't you the same guy who thinks using larger numbers in the code makes the software larger?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:57:42 AM

Aren't you the same guy who thinks using larger numbers in the code makes the software larger?

Hanlons' corollary: in cryptocurrency, malice & stupidity are indistinguishable and equally dangerous

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:17:12 PM

Dash community members continue to claim, as far as I can tell, falsely, that the community voted in favor of not relaunching and keeping the instamine. (I've seen no evidence of such a vote. Where is it?)

The reality is a bit more "complicated". See below.

- The launch was not perfect, nothing was hidden, Evan wanted a relaunch but the community said no.

As I understand it. what was proposed and voted on was not a relaunch but an airdrop. i.e. creating more coins out of thin air to give away.

But the vote was in fact rigged, by closing it early.

It looks like that happened because a few whales didn't like the idea, and, according to Evan (his words), "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game".

And, yet, the rules were changed in the middle of the game to cut supply, instead of increase it, boosting the share held by instaminers, instead of reducing it.

So it seems you can change the rules in the middle of the game, as long as you favor the right people.

Something stinks here. Big time.

Whoa! only 110 votes with 5% difference between yes and no and you decide to abort the vote and lock the thread before 24 hours and conclude that everyone decided not to airdrop?

Roll Eyes

After I asked many investors that purchased $10-100k USD worth of Darkcoin came out of the woodwork and said that would rob them. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. It's in the past and we're moving on.

Can you imagine buying $30000 worth of something and then the developers making it worth $15000 overnight to appease a small group of users?

So the community didn't vote, the big holders did (the ones that instamined with you)

Gotcha.  Wink

Nope, it was the community that voted.

You just said that you asked the investors, it's even quoted here.

Ah wait, you call "big investores" = community. Gotcha

I asked the community to vote and many of the investors came out of the woodwork (and replied saying what's above). Sorry, my original sentence was confusing.

Community vote for less than 24hrs with 45% for and 55% against, then you canceled the poll and got the thread locked, that's far from a community vote. And you keep admiting that the people that posted had the final word because they had alot invested in DRK.

LOL you just admitted that the "community" = big holders.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:09:23 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 09:13:22 PM by smooth

On the matter of cutting the emissions, we have this quote from Evan:

After a difficulty of 100, no matter what the blocks will return 15 DRK.

In fact, currently the blocks seem to return about 4, not 15 as previously stated. Clearly a cut was made to favor the instaminers and early insiders (boosting their share of supply).

I guess "no matter what" is similar to "definitely" in Evan-speak.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 05:10:07 PM

In fact, currently the blocks seem to return about 4, not 15 as previously stated. Clearly a cut was made to favor the instaminers and early insiders (boosting their share of supply).

love your new motto / slogan under your avatar.

Keep up the good work. I had no idea thats how the "airdrop" vote went down.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 06:11:28 PM

After reading the airdrop exchange, I realize that Evan's a politician: tell the people what they want to hear, then do what the money tells you.

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:50:18 PM

Well the blocks return about 4, of which 2 of them go on top of the instamine stash
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:50:56 PM

Dash community members continue to claim, as far as I can tell, falsely, that the community voted in favor of not relaunching and keeping the instamine. (I've seen no evidence of such a vote. Where is it?)

The reality is a bit more "complicated". See below.

- The launch was not perfect, nothing was hidden, Evan wanted a relaunch but the community said no.

As I understand it. what was proposed and voted on was not a relaunch but an airdrop. i.e. creating more coins out of thin air to give away.

But the vote was in fact rigged, by closing it early.

It looks like that happened because a few whales didn't like the idea, and, according to Evan (his words), "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game".

And, yet, the rules were changed in the middle of the game to cut supply, instead of increase it, boosting the share held by instaminers, instead of reducing it.

So it seems you can change the rules in the middle of the game, as long as you favor the right people.

Something stinks here. Big time.

Whoa! only 110 votes with 5% difference between yes and no and you decide to abort the vote and lock the thread before 24 hours and conclude that everyone decided not to airdrop?

Roll Eyes

After I asked many investors that purchased $10-100k USD worth of Darkcoin came out of the woodwork and said that would rob them. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. It's in the past and we're moving on.

Can you imagine buying $30000 worth of something and then the developers making it worth $15000 overnight to appease a small group of users?

So the community didn't vote, the big holders did (the ones that instamined with you)

Gotcha.  Wink

Nope, it was the community that voted.

You just said that you asked the investors, it's even quoted here.

Ah wait, you call "big investores" = community. Gotcha

I asked the community to vote and many of the investors came out of the woodwork (and replied saying what's above). Sorry, my original sentence was confusing.

Community vote for less than 24hrs with 45% for and 55% against, then you canceled the poll and got the thread locked, that's far from a community vote. And you keep admiting that the people that posted had the final word because they had alot invested in DRK.

LOL you just admitted that the "community" = big holders.

Unbelievable.......

The more evan speaks the more he incriminates himself.

One can imagine this is why he says barely a word in bitcointalk anymore... he cannot even post in a thread such as this.. he is hiding in Dashtalk where he can control the flowing of information
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:19:25 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 02:29:44 AM by DrkLvr_

That drk wasn't insta, fast or opportunistically mined. Do you really think if Evan and his friends weren't the ones who benefitted most that the coin would not be relaunched? Don't rename it, relaunch it if you won't to avoid the scam label.

There is no one trying to deny many coins were mined fast in the beginning.

It is not denied; that would be even insane than the current attempt to whitewash it. It is downplayed describing it as 48 hours (in fact most of the coins were mined in 8 hours), the unprovable claim that the coins were redistributed is presented as fact, and relevant information about the highly suspicious circumstances surrounding the instamine/premine orchestrated by the then and current developer are omitted (see above).

Regarding distribution:

[DISCLAIMER: see disclaimer of conflict of interest at the bottom]

Sigh, I'm a bit tired of seeing the same talking points from the DRK FAQ, etc., but just once I will respond because I think in general AlexGR you are pretty sincere.

You are missing the point.

Quote: "If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb (author of The Black Swan and Antifragile; credit to opennux for the quote).

What a scam though... did he really think no one would notice?

Great, now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones! Time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do.

YEah, this doesn't sound as if he planned it at all  

I love how "now that everything is stable" = "now that i'm done instamining" in Evan-speak  (DUFFsplanations)

Roll Eyes

"Something stinks here. Big time."
illodin

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:54:02 AM

Did Dash create more coins out of thin air?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

No. If it did, it would've been a hard fork and miners and users would've had to choose which fork to support. And by the looks of it, not many would've supported the new fork.

Did duff wanted to hide his shady dealings??

Depends on what you mean by shady. Given the agenda you're driving you probably imply a scam, which it isn't and wasn't.

You wouldn't want such a merge plan to leak because scammers would game the markets before the valuation date of the coins that determine the percentage each holder will get the new coin.

A coin that has 10% of the marketcap of the other (can't remember what the exact percentages were back then but around that number I presume) can easily be pumped by 100% or 200% to get unfair gains that don't reflect true market value.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

DASH is oversold at the moment. There are many altcoins which have premine but I don't get it why many people are attacking DASH.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:38:49 PM

Of course DASH is a scam run by scammers. What else would you call an intentional scam instamine then lying about it being a bug? Some more proof of fraud below. My personal favorite is the sham vote, now that's classy. But the hyping of exchange buys while selling OTC is also an instant classic

Daesh Developers setting up sham votes ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.msg13123276#msg13123276 )

Daesh Developers hyping the coin by announcing publicly they're buying on exchanges while actively selling OTC? ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220204.0 )

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 04:15:50 PM

XPOST, in case the first one gets moderated Because Reasons other than being completely on-topic for the DASH [ANN].

In case anyone missed it  Wink

Personal Views on the Miami Conference

https://dashtalk.org/threads/personal-views-on-the-miami-conference.7783/

An investor in another coin who started asking all kinds of troll-fed questions to Evan about insta-mining and how terrible our anonymity is. He showed up as a detractor to the project and left about 45 minutes later as an enthusiastic promoter of what we are doing... "I'm going to tell my friends about you guys. Thank you for taking the time to walk me through everything. I guess those [other coin] guys are a little bit zealots."

Thanks for the write-up!  I'm glad you had a good time.   Smiley

What did you say to convince "troll-fed investor" that sudden, accidental insta-mining is a tolerable or desirable feature for a cryptocurrency?

How did you meet the burden of proof to demonstrate Dash's anonymity isn't "terrible" (the default assumption)?

What qualified him as in "investor?"  Was he attending because Evan dba The Darkcoin Foundation Inc. was selling an investment product?  Was anyone else giving investment advice?

Conference was a success just look at how many new fools they got to buy in all the way to 017.

Now they are #REKT

Yes, the price was pumped all the way up to 017 and has now been dumped all the way down to 011.

Does anyone else see the pattern, where some shiny new feature (EG Evolution) is used to hype the price, then the insiders cash out more instamined coins?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████