Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 110001 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

Hi Thomas not sure if this has been already covered. Is there a known issue with unconfirmed tx? Mine has been over two hours know, each tx had at least .001 fee. I have also tried all the servers but still no joy? Has been a problem since upgrading to 1.7.2.

Cheers

Thats normal sometimes. Simply wait some time longer. I had to wait today for a big transaction with fee around 7 hours.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 10:47:04 PM

I would like to know... the change addresses... will they be deleted at some point if they were used already? I only ask when sending btc from a change address and getting chargeback or dividends to that address.

btctrada

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:01:18 PM

Hi Thomas not sure if this has been already covered. Is there a known issue with unconfirmed tx? Mine has been over two hours know, each tx had at least .001 fee. I have also tried all the servers but still no joy? Has been a problem since upgrading to 1.7.2.

Cheers

Thats normal sometimes. Simply wait some time longer. I had to wait today for a big transaction with fee around 7 hours.

Wow that sucks! Thanks for the response...
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:55:40 AM

I would like to know... the change addresses... will they be deleted at some point if they were used already? I only ask when sending btc from a change address and getting chargeback or dividends to that address.
Addresses are never deleted.

Cheers

Wow that sucks! Thanks for the response...
You can check a site like blockchain.info to see information about the transaction outside of the electrum network.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 10:31:54 PM

I have a problem with the languages. I use the portable windows version with the param -w "./electrum.dat". It works fine, no other files are created outside. But the lang is always english. I already set it to other languages, restartet it and changed it back and forth but it remains always english. Cant change this. I think it has something to do with electrum.dat because i use it since old versions, but i dont know how i can change it without creating it from blockchain and having to input all labels again.

btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 11:27:29 PM

I have a problem with the languages. I use the portable windows version with the param -w "./electrum.dat". It works fine, no other files are created outside. But the lang is always english. I already set it to other languages, restartet it and changed it back and forth but it remains always english. Cant change this. I think it has something to do with electrum.dat because i use it since old versions, but i dont know how i can change it without creating it from blockchain and having to input all labels again.

Try this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50936.msg1490092#msg1490092

To get translations working on Windows, users can download the .zip file from http://electrum.org/download.html to extract the 'locale' folder and copy it to 'C:\Program Files\Electrum' (if you used the Windows Installer) or simply place the 'locale' folder in the same location as the Standalone Executable version of Electrum.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
MadSweeney

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:32:08 AM

I keep getting the following error and transactions now are out-of-sync. I notice this started happening after an "error: status mismatch" with one of my addresses.

Code:
me@myhost:~/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2$ ./electrum
Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/home/me/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2/lib/verifier.py", line 129, in run
    if self.verify_header(header):
  File "/home/me/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2/lib/verifier.py", line 256, in verify_header
    tx_height, timestamp = item
ValueError: too many values to unpack

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:12:37 AM

I keep getting the following error and transactions now are out-of-sync. I notice this started happening after an "error: status mismatch" with one of my addresses.

Code:
me@myhost:~/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2$ ./electrum
Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/home/me/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2/lib/verifier.py", line 129, in run
    if self.verify_header(header):
  File "/home/me/local/src/Electrum-1.7.2/lib/verifier.py", line 256, in verify_header
    tx_height, timestamp = item
ValueError: too many values to unpack

thanks for the report; indeed that was a bug, introduced by me recently.
I fixed it in git.(commit dd630a8bb7d482cb83cc875f74baa7d6d2855ce1)

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 10:05:54 PM

Thanks! That worked...

Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:12:09 AM

Just how safe is Electrum? I carry over 100+ coins, I'm scared I might be a sitting duck here.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
splat44

Activity: 384

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:54:08 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 07:26:36 AM by splat44

Does this thing can install and run from USB drive?

I know while running regular bitcoin client, it hours to download blockchain or something, is this the same with electrum?
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:58:11 AM

Thomas - has anyone drawn your attention to the fact that Electrum is re-using change addresses in the latest release.  It keeps creating new ones but seems to re-use the same one (until restarted I think).  Hence several change addresses have no transactions, and several have more than one.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:43:56 AM

Just how safe is Electrum? I carry over 100+ coins, I'm scared I might be a sitting duck here.
It's as safe as you make it. Use a unique strong password, make sure you scan your pc for mallware and the likes. If you want to be super safe create an offline wallet.

I know while running regular bitcoin client, it hours to download blockchain or something, is this the same with electrum?

"This thing" can be run from an USB Drive, but I wonder why you would like to do so. You don't have to download the blockchain, it's ready to go once you installed it.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
splat44

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:56:56 AM

Since multibit can run this as seen here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43616.new;topicseen#new

That's why I am asking this!

It's as safe as you make it. Use a unique strong password, make sure you scan your pc for mallware and the likes. If you want to be super safe create an offline wallet.

"This thing" can be run from an USB Drive, but I wonder why you would like to do so. You don't have to download the blockchain, it's ready to go once you installed it.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 09:08:55 AM

I still don't understand why you want to run it from USB. Because multibit can do it too?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
splat44

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:35:24 AM

Tachikoma, if you did access the link that I provided leading to this, you would have took note:

https://multibit.org/help_runFromUSBDrive.html

Seeing the instruction number 5 via link above, you will note by create a file by leaving blank and saving into USB drive, will prevent saving in windows user data file.

How can you not understand this?

Now is it the same way with electrum or not?

I still don't understand why you want to run it from USB. Because multibit can do it too?
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:45:52 AM

Tachikoma, if you did access the link that I provided leading to this, you would have took note:

Seeing the instruction number 5 via link above, you will note by create a file by leaving blank and saving into USB drive, will prevent saving in windows user data file.

Your link returns me to the opening topic of multibit, how do you think that's useful for me? If you have a specific question just ask it, don't make me or other people trying to help you out dive into a 64 pages thread looking for the specific paragraph you are talking about. We are volunteering our time to help you at least make it easy for us. I'm done helping you at least.

splat44

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:19:17 PM

My questions were pretty clear!

I did provided you link to multibit showing you that it can run from an USB drive.

My question were:
Is it possible run electrum via USB drive similar to multibit? Yes or no?

Reasons:
- So my system drive wouldn't be used
- Benefit in having electrum all file store locally (USB drive)

I clearly understand we're volunteering our time but if you don't know then don't response!
Importantly: There no needs to shout multibit link isn't usefull to you as I already explained!
As of matter of fact your previous response was reported to the moderator.
Be warn!

Your link returns me to the opening topic of multibit, how do you think that's useful for me? If you have a specific question just ask it, don't make me or other people trying to help you out dive into a 64 pages thread looking for the specific paragraph you are talking about. We are volunteering our time to help you at least make it easy for us. I'm done helping you at least.
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 02:52:10 PM

My questions were pretty clear!

I did provided you link to multibit showing you that it can run from an USB drive.

My question were:
Is it possible run electrum via USB drive similar to multibit? Yes or no?

Reasons:
- So my system drive wouldn't be used
- Benefit in having electrum all file store locally (USB drive)

Instructions for a portable Electrum on Windows:

• Download the 'Standalone Executable' for Windows -> http://electrum.org/download.html
  • Create a shortcut and go to the properties, add a space and -w portable.dat, after the default in the destination field
  • Use the shortcut to run Electrum portable, you'll need to carry the shortcut, the portable.dat and the Standalone exe files in the same directory in your USB drive

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:18:02 PM

You could use this portable version http://ge.tt/9YXEDNV/v/0
Never had a problem with it. (I can hear the naysayers...)

There is an official portable client. No need to grab files from random file hosters.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: