Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 110006 times)
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:02:27 PM

When you generate a new wallet seed those are the seed-generated addresses for that wallet.

But how do I delete these wallets I only want one for . I want it nice and clean, I right click I dont see an option to remove only can remove teh imported wallet which is exactly ehat I DONT want to do.
There is no option to remove an address.
yes you can remove an addr.

You can remove an imported address. You can't remove a seed-generated address, only freeze it and collapse the tree. I forget if there's an option on startup to not use any seed or restore from seed, and have an empty wallet you just import privkeys into.

There is not such option and if you delete the seed from the wallet file the software crashes sooner or later.

As mentioned before, just freeze them and use the imported one instead.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:59:15 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 01:40:09 PM by defcon23

hi,
i got  my 3 last transactions, still pending from 2 days now...  electrum issue ?
usualy that's solved in the next hours...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: problem solved :d
RoxxR

Activity: 208
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:50:56 AM

Where is the 1.9.8 release? I can see it's been ready for 10 days in github but no sign of it on electrum.org ??  Any issues we should be aware of?
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:07:51 PM

I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

How can I get them back??!

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1568

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:20:31 PM

I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

They are there. On the receive tab look under "used"
kadz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

Unfortunately not there  Undecided

Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:45:24 PM

I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

Were they addresses corresponding to imported private keys or addresses generated by your wallet seed?
kadz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:38:37 PM

Were they addresses corresponding to imported private keys or addresses generated by your wallet seed?

Just installed the new version. The amount was the same and the seed is also the same.
But some addresses are not in

PBmining

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:21:59 PM

Can I make a friendly suggestion.  I have a list of hundreds of customers whom I pay weekly, and when I create a new CSV transaction and paste the list, I am never shown which line is faulty if any of them are.  The only way I can get around this is through "process of elimination" by pasting small chunks of the list at a time.  I do this about 50 times until I narrow it down to the 2-3 lines which had invalid bitcoin addresses or other strange oddities. 

Hoping for better error handling from this client eventually.. thanks.

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:50:46 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 02:37:19 PM by dabura667

Can I make a friendly suggestion.  I have a list of hundreds of customers whom I pay weekly, and when I create a new CSV transaction and paste the list, I am never shown which line is faulty if any of them are.  The only way I can get around this is through "process of elimination" by pasting small chunks of the list at a time.  I do this about 50 times until I narrow it down to the 2-3 lines which had invalid bitcoin addresses or other strange oddities.  

Hoping for better error handling from this client eventually.. thanks.

Fixed! This will tell you which addresses were erroneous. It also lists which row in the csv that address was in.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/582/files

I also added the ability to set your own fee and set your own change address with a csv import.

format:
Code:
15mAaJjKRwHaH2XE5Q8Nc9QWm1vTZaVUHB, 0.001   < This is a normal bitcoin send row.
fee, 0.0001                                 < This is the fee amount you wish to set for the transaction (in BTC).
change, 1QCjHCCaifSFDMaR4KWDAfowZJiiqi7m7U  < This is the address you would like to send your "change" to. (This must be one of your own addresses)

This function along with the error fix from above is at the following link.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/578/files

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 02:48:13 PM

I also added the ability to set your own fee and set your own change address with a csv import.

format:
Code:
15mAaJjKRwHaH2XE5Q8Nc9QWm1vTZaVUHB, 0.001   < This is a normal bitcoin send row.
fee, 0.0001                                 < This is the fee amount you wish to set for the transaction (in BTC).
change, 1QCjHCCaifSFDMaR4KWDAfowZJiiqi7m7U  < This is the address you would like to send your "change" to. (This must be one of your own addresses)

Cool, this seems really useful.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:39:46 PM

format:
Code:

Cool, this seems really useful.

Thanks. Good thing I saw your comment, because it made me go in and fix it so that you couldn't set a change address as one you don't own.

Then I ran into an issue where the leading space after the comma was being put into the change address... this is now fixed.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:08:07 AM

I love Electrum because no need for multiple backups of electrum walletit uses deterministic generation of private keys. One wallet/seed backup will do the it.

btc6000

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:57:18 PM

Since this transaction on 17 Feb all my subsequent ones are showing as pending:

d7dd7bb3e9440f5b549fcd6e2c97c75deae63ea3627c1f295b782040f16341d0

electrum -v shows:

received tx: 00dd877010cf2035c452b422184c2169c2ef5eda059e237197c3dd49f265bf11 454 <---- the most recent transaction

then...

Notifying GUI
Verify chunk failed!!
requested chunks: [142, 143]
Verify chunk failed!!

(the failed message is shown multiple times)

Blockchain.info shows thousands of confirmations, while electrum shows -1

I have tried unchecking autoconnect, selecting manual servers, restoring from seed...nothing fixes it.

EDIT: version 1.9.5

Any ideas to cure the problem?
Cheers

We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:19:46 PM

Any ideas to cure the problem?
Cheers

Try the steps I've given here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475711.msg5255759#msg5255759
btc6000

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Hey, thanks...works again! Also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the app to be on the safe side.

Strangely it didn't work immediately, I was watching the output with -v option: first time it validated a load of chunks but got no further. Second time of opening it generated new addresses, corresponding to number of new transactions, and final time it verified all transactions.

Weird, but working properly again now so that's the main thing.

Cheers,

We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

Im using electrum portable 1.9.7 successfully but now a transaction didn't went through. Now, after 2 days it was deleted from blockchain.info's unconfirmed blocks.

I tried changing the server but the transaction still shows up in my electrum as unconfirmed.

How can i fix this without creating everything from seed and having to setup everything again, possibly losing labels?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

Can someone please help me.

I am new to electrum, I heard good things and wanted to try it instead of multi bit.

So I downloaded and installed, everything went fine, opened it up, adjusted preferences, and saw my receiving addresses.  So, I sent some btc.

Only after did I realize it says not connected.  I have looked for help but found nothing.  My btc was sent to the address but I can't get electrum to connect.

Can someone help?

Is auto connect supposed to be on?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:13:50 PM

I am new to electrum, I heard good things and wanted to try it instead of multi bit.

So I downloaded and installed, everything went fine, opened it up, adjusted preferences, and saw my receiving addresses.  So, I sent some btc.

Only after did I realize it says not connected.  I have looked for help but found nothing.  My btc was sent to the address but I can't get electrum to connect.

Can someone help?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help

First you don't have to be online to receive money so your bitcoins are not lost. They've been sent to the address in your wallet. So stop panicking.

Electrum isn't aware of that transaction because you haven't been able to connect so far. I'm guessing you found the server selection dialog box already so uncheck auto connect and select another server. If that doesn't work try restarting electrum. Proxy is usually not required so set it to none. Protocol is SSL by default and should work.

If non of the above work then you probably have a firewall blocking access.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:30:14 PM

Can someone help?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help

First you don't have to be online to receive money so your bitcoins are not lost. They've been sent to the address in your wallet. So stop panicking.

Electrum isn't aware of that transaction because you haven't been able to connect so far. I'm guessing you found the server selection dialog box already so uncheck auto connect and select another server. If that doesn't work try restarting electrum. Proxy is usually not required so set it to none. Protocol is SSL by default and should work.

If non of the above work then you probably have a firewall blocking access.

Thanks for helping.

I unchecked auto connect and tried each of the listed servers, closed and reopened the program and the dot is always red and the left side said no connection.  So, I went to my firewall and electrum is listed as allowed.  Any other ideas?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: