Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes?  (Read 57057 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:42:39 PM

For me, it's impossible US Dollar would crashes. Even if it crashes, other currency will take over US Dollar place, like Euro or Yuan.
I don't think bitcoin could replace it.

Fiat will just be replace by fiat also,when the dollar crashes most likely the euro will replace it as the top fiat currency in the world.
The chance is really small that the US Dollar can crash and that is because it is still many used so that is nice for the dollar itself and you see of course that Bitcoin is getting more used and that is nice.
But one thing that I can say for sure is that Bitcoin will be the most used payment method in the future.
The chance is really small that it can crash and that is because it is still popular and the most used payment method because there are also a lot of people that dont even know what Bitcoin is.
And that is the problem we have to make it more popular to make it more used and than we can talk about crash.

Well described about the crash. In my opinion bitcoin directly or indirectly have some dependence upon dollar. So if dollar crashes its also a crash in value for bitcoin. So lets hope no such incident happens.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:42:07 PM

That would be fine with me because I am not using dollar and I am not from the US. I think in the future dollar will really collapse because the majority of people will decide to go full digital and they don't want to be govern by the corrupt government anymore.

You are a fool if you think this wont effect you.

Every other country in the world is invested with the USD, so if youre in any of the major countries that have ties with the US youre in the same boat.

The levels maybe different on impact, but you`ll still feel it like how it was back in 2008 but way worse.
haseeb ahmed

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:13:41 PM

i dont think this will happen but if it happens it will be really beneficial for bitcoin currency,and bitcoin value will increase to thousands of dollars

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:47:09 PM

If one currency crashes, another should rise, obviously.

If the dollar crashes, it will likely take many markets with it, including probably most other fiat currencies. 

Gold, silver and bitcoin (and probably some altcoins) will benefit greatly in this case.

So yes, if the dollar crashes, bitcoin will explode in a good way.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:47:45 PM

i dont think this will happen but if it happens it will be really beneficial for bitcoin currency,and bitcoin value will increase to thousands of dollars

trillions, but the value of the dollar would be meaningless at that point. A loaf of bread would be millions of dollars.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:54:38 PM

That would be fine with me because I am not using dollar and I am not from the US. I think in the future dollar will really collapse because the majority of people will decide to go full digital and they don't want to be govern by the corrupt government anymore.

it doesn't matter where you are living. the dollar is the main currency of the world, so if it crashes then it will drag the entire world economy with it on its way down. there is no escaping.
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:03:36 AM

If us dollar crashes, bitcoin will be the top 1 leading currency, but it might not happen i think, USD is the main currency in our country man
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:28:27 AM

If the USD dollar crashed, which is very unlikely, then all the other currency would rise in value and the euro or the pound would probably replace the USD as the main currency.
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:08:15 AM

The only thing that will make USD crash is if there is a mighty, global economic collapse. That is not good news, even for bitcoins.

It means bitcoins will be the only reasonable means of exchange and you can't even sell btc for your local currency because your local currency would have been seriously devalued due to the world economic condition.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:32:09 AM

If the US dollar would crash the bitcoin will disappear to because a bitcoin has a price of the dollar. So when
the dollar goes away what will the price of the bitcoin be exactly nothing because there is no dollar anymore.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 08:03:05 AM

If USD crashes then also bitcoin will not become central currencies because most of the governments do not want to adopt it because of anonymity associated with it, it's decentralized nature and because of the fact that they can not control it.

wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:51:54 AM

If the US Dollar crashes then something has to be completely wrong with there economy. But the US is a way too powerful country to let something like that happen.
They will come up with a solution before someone even notices anything.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:46:43 PM

If the US dollar would crash the bitcoin will disappear to because a bitcoin has a price of the dollar. So when
the dollar goes away what will the price of the bitcoin be exactly nothing because there is no dollar anymore.
I disagree. Bitcoin will not disappear if US dollar crashes. First off, bitcoin isn't only dependent on the USD value. bitcoin can also be exchanged in local currencies, eg EUR, AUD, JPY, PHP, etc. USD isn't the only currency in the world you know. If US dollar does indeed crashes, I'm can somehow see EUR will become the new world currency
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:54:10 PM

I disagree. Bitcoin will not disappear if US dollar crashes. First off, bitcoin isn't only dependent on the USD value. bitcoin can also be exchanged in local currencies, eg EUR, AUD, JPY, PHP, etc. USD isn't the only currency in the world you know. If US dollar does indeed crashes, I'm can somehow see EUR will become the new world currency

Well if any currency as large as the dollar crashes then investors lose hope. And they will not run into bitcoin. Most of them would find Gold or perhaps the EUR. But risky assets are a no go for sure for investors.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:24:51 PM

The only thing that will make USD crash is if there is a mighty, global economic collapse. That is not good news, even for bitcoins.

It means bitcoins will be the only reasonable means of exchange and you can't even sell btc for your local currency because your local currency would have been seriously devalued due to the world economic condition.
Crash of world economy is one thing but things such as the roots of last financial crisis were more internal results of usa.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:28:14 AM

Then it will be a big spin for this Earth. That is a strong country man. If their money crashes then some of the countries that are connected with them could also crash. Businesses also in other countries.  Undecided
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:41:39 AM

The chance is really small that the US Dollar can crash and that is because there are still a lot of people that is using the US Dollar it is their only payment method.
So that is important for them and you see that the Bitcoin is becoming more popular of course but it takes time to get more used and acceptable.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:17:58 PM

Then it will be a big spin for this Earth. That is a strong country man. If their money crashes then some of the countries that are connected with them could also crash. Businesses also in other countries.  Undecided
Yes and unfortunately such crashing happened some times for some of countries which is a big threat for connected economies now.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

If that happens, I think bitcoin and gold will be more valuable. As dollar value decreases, bitcoin value increase. We will be shifting from using fiat to using cryptocurrency on a daily basis. That will be good news to all early adopters. They will be millionaires if that happens. But I think the economy will be greatly affected and mostly war because there will be shifting in power.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:08:50 AM

If the US Dollar is going to crash then it would effect the Bitcoin in someway because there are allot of people in the us that make use of the Bitcoin so there would be less Bitcoin users. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: