Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes?  (Read 57058 times)
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 12:09:18 PM

Even if US Dollar crashes, it would not have any impact on Bitcoin.If Us Dollar crashes, Bitcoin will be still alive and the only difference is that Bitcoin price will be valued upon any other universal currency for example Euro.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 02:17:40 PM

USD not crash
this nor USD price is very strong is compare value pair another fiat money
is very bad value is poundsterling, after brexit pundsterling down and down

but this now USD strong but bitcoin same too price incraese up not down

I have also same opinion, US Dollar is very strong fiat currency in all over the world, because every country's people know about USD, and even we can see bitcoin converted the Usd and than everyone can use it, SO i don't think that USD could be crashed, US dollar always remain.     
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 02:21:57 PM

USD not crash
this nor USD price is very strong is compare value pair another fiat money
is very bad value is poundsterling, after brexit pundsterling down and down

but this now USD strong but bitcoin same too price incraese up not down

I have also same opinion, US Dollar is very strong fiat currency in all over the world, because every country's people know about USD, and even we can see bitcoin converted the Usd and than everyone can use it, SO i don't think that USD could be crashed, US dollar always remain.     

As you said  Usd  is a very strong  fiat currency and  one of the  most powerful i guess because  its been  used commonly on trading other currencies  and  its a major pair thats why  it would  not easily crash i guess but  if that would  happen many countries would  really affected and much more on its  mother country for sure.

Cozynunu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 02:27:17 PM

If there is one thing that cant crash than it is the us dollar becuase we all know that there are to many people who are using the us dollar so he wont crash for sure you have to trust me he wont.
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

To compare the dollar and bitcoin is impossible: it is equivalent to compare a paper letter and e-mail. Both carries an information message, but then they cannot be compared
factors that affect the rate of bitcoin:

The hacking of exchanges, mining and other companies, causing the market gets a lot of bitcoins. Hackers need to implement them at any price, which leads to a simultaneous and sharp reduction of the course.
The sale at auction of the digital currency, confiscated by the FBI and the police. Offer exceeds the demand, and the price falls.
From time to time failures of the cryptocurrency exchanges. This leads to loss of faith in the cryptocurrency for some users. They get rid of bitcoins at any price, and the rate decreases.
Technical problems in the network reduce the price — this may also include attacks on the bitcoin network, differences, and developers about the future of cryptocurrencies.
Growth rates contributes to the reduction in market supply, which is incorporated in the algorithm of the digital currency.
The more popular bitcoin as a means of payment and savings, the higher price increases.
EnacDomains

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 09:22:13 PM

If us dollar crashes, bitcoin will be worthless in usd but could be worth a lot in euro

http://eNAC.com -Buy and sell domain names with Bitcoin
youhgt2

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:34:26 PM

to me USD is too much stronger and it is not so easy that USD will be crash, i think it can only be possible if USA become destabilize my their internal people or if they became engage with any other super power then the value of USD can drop, other wise it is not so easy.
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:59:41 PM

I would assume that if it crashes then the value of things will be much higher right? And bitcoin is a thing, so it would be worth more dollars, but it will have the same relative worth it has today with other things.
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:23:52 PM

I would assume that if it crashes then the value of things will be much higher right? And bitcoin is a thing, so it would be worth more dollars, but it will have the same relative worth it has today with other things.
Dollars has grow over euro this last years, and i dont know till when it can keep with such pression, it is bad for the economy a dollar very strong, people avoid invest and purchase equipements, with such, dollar must crash a bit to raise the transactions with others countries.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:28:45 PM

If there is one thing that cant crash than it is the us dollar becuase we all know that there are to many people who are using the us dollar so he wont crash for sure you have to trust me he wont.

Exactly, I am totally agreed with your words, USD is accepted worldwide or it is a currency that is accepted in almost any country and for international market USD is used as a payment method so how would dollar crash after having that much importance in the market.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:19:43 AM

Exactly, I am totally agreed with your words, USD is accepted worldwide or it is a currency that is accepted in almost any country and for international market USD is used as a payment method so how would dollar crash after having that much importance in the market.
But interestingly, if that that much important medium of exchange crashes out, then alternative investments like gold and bitcoin will find its up surge. Yes, investor will turn their heads on the event of dollars crash to bitcoins for sure. I personally believe, this is going to happen very soon as many developed countries are facing economic slowdown.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:14:05 PM

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?
If the Dollar crashes then there is nothing that people are going to do but it is going to effect the Bitcoin trading because most people trade in for the US Dollar.
I do not think that the US Dollar is ever going to crash tho.
Financial_Genius

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:48:48 PM

Worldwide noticeable trend of transition to the digital payment system with a gradual limitation of cash payments. This is done for the sake of economic control over all transactions in the future, it was possible each of them to tax. As a result the consumer may well decide that bitcoin use is much more profitable.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 07:55:57 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 08:52:03 PM by deisik

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
If the Dollar crashes then there is nothing that people are going to do but it is going to effect the Bitcoin trading because most people trade in for the US Dollar

I'm afraid that most people are trading Bitcoin for the Chinese Yuan nowadays, and I also heavily suspect that the BTC-CNY trading volumes are orders of magnitude higher than those of the BTC-USD pair (in Bitcoin terms apparently). If you feel unsure about the reality of this, you may want to check for yourself at coinmarketcap.com. Just in case, the daily trading volume of the top 5 Chinese exchanges that trade only BTC-CNY and LTC-CNY pairs exceeds 4M bitcoins. Which makes up about one fourth of all bitcoins mined up to date. It should be evident by now that the US dollar is not the only pebble on this Bitcoin beach...

Not even speaking of how far is it from being the biggest one at that

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:34:01 AM

If the Dollar crashes then there is nothing that people are going to do but it is going to effect the Bitcoin trading because most people trade in for the US Dollar

I'm afraid that most people are trading Bitcoin for the Chinese Yuan nowadays, and I also heavily suspect that the BTC-CNY trading volumes are orders of magnitude higher than those of the BTC-USD pair (in Bitcoin terms apparently). If you feel unsure about the reality of this, you may want to check for yourself at coinmarketcap.com. Just in case, the daily trading volume of the top 5 Chinese exchanges that trade only BTC-CNY and LTC-CNY pairs exceeds 4M bitcoins. Which makes up about one fourth of all bitcoins mined up to date. It should be evident by now that the US dollar is not the only pebble on this Bitcoin beach...

China is progressing now so I am not surprise if the volume increases, and they have also the biggest mining businesses in the world so I guess it would be a competition for the china and the US now for the biggest volume of ownership of the total bitcoins in the market.
SANALIU

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:03:11 AM

US dollar is crashes is down is not big impact in bitcoin price
you can see price US dollar in forex market  everyday 100 - 500 pips is waves
but in bitcoin price is price waves is still flat not high waves in price
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:33:38 AM

China is progressing now so I am not surprise if the volume increases, and they have also the biggest mining businesses in the world so I guess it would be a competition for the china and the US now for the biggest volume of ownership of the total bitcoins in the market.

No doubt the Chinese will win this competition. They have the largest bitcoin mining sites and I think they also have the biggest population using bitcoin. I think I am fine with it as long as they do not manipulate the price of bitcoin.
Financial_Genius

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:54:22 AM

The economic situation throughout the world is unstable. But the value of Bitcoin does not depend on the situation on the stock market or the stability of the national currency. In fact, Bitcoin can benefit from the collapse of the traditional economy. That is why the correct is to transfer some of their savings in the cryptocurrency. In July the number of new bitcoins created per day will be reduced from 3600 (now) to 1800 (July 10). The reduction rule a limit of bitcoins issued per day set in the Bitcoin Protocol from the beginning. This happens every four years.
Bitcoin differs from Fiat currencies such as the dollar or the Euro. The number of bitcoins is predetermined and strictly regulated by a Protocol. The maximum number of bitcoins that can be created, 21 million have been created To date to 15.5 million
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:06:20 AM

US dollar is crashes is down is not big impact in bitcoin price
you can see price US dollar in forex market  everyday 100 - 500 pips is waves
but in bitcoin price is price waves is still flat not high waves in price

Well I can say that bitcoin is going to be affected if US Dollar crashes because bitcoin is depending to the value of US dollar.

So if US Dollar crashes then for sure bitcoin will crash too and if dollar increases or pumps then bitcoin will pump too.

That is the economy of bitcoin relationship with Us dollars.

Vires in Numeris
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 11:17:55 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 11:49:24 AM by deisik

The economic situation throughout the world is unstable. But the value of Bitcoin does not depend on the situation on the stock market or the stability of the national currency. In fact, Bitcoin can benefit from the collapse of the traditional economy. That is why the correct is to transfer some of their savings in the cryptocurrency. In July the number of new bitcoins created per day will be reduced from 3600 (now) to 1800 (July 10). The reduction rule a limit of bitcoins issued per day set in the Bitcoin Protocol from the beginning. This happens every four years.
Bitcoin differs from Fiat currencies such as the dollar or the Euro. The number of bitcoins is predetermined and strictly regulated by a Protocol. The maximum number of bitcoins that can be created, 21 million have been created To date to 15.5 million

I'm curious what July are you actually talking about? If I guess correctly, you are talking about the halving which should have taken place in July, 2016, right? But it had already happened more than three months ago, namely, on July 9. Did I get something wrong or are you copy-pasting another user's post? Looks like your post is a sloppy compilation of this article. Though there is nothing wrong with it per se..

the amount of bitcoins is predetermined and strictly regulated by the protocol itself. The maximum amount of bitcoins is 21 million and there will simply be no more. To this date 15,5 million bitcoins have been created

Apart from failing to check and correct times as well as make it less verbatim, of course

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: