Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:30:31 AM

You seem to be misunderstanding.  The claim was made we are on a sphere.  It's up to the "round earther", as you call them,  to prove that claim in a way which does not violate physics.  

Its really not. The topic is titled "Flat Earth."

I should not have to "believe" anything if we are talking the scientific method.  The claims should be repeatable, demonstrable and measurable.  

What are you even talking about?

I cannot bend water, make it conform to the exterior of a shape or have a vacuum next to a pressurized system not equalize.  I cannot replicate any of these through experimentation.

Nobody asked you to. This doesn't mean water defies the law of gravity. So do you not believe in gravity?

You may want to head next door to the religion discussion if you want to talk about beliefs.  I don't give a fuck what you believe in.  I give a fuck about what you can practically demonstrate.  

If you cannot practically demonstrate what you're claiming to me then your simply talking your religion.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:38:31 AM

You may want to head next door to the religion discussion if you want to talk about beliefs.  I don't give a fuck what you believe in.  I give a fuck about what you can practically demonstrate.  

If you cannot practically demonstrate what you're claiming to me then your simply talking your religion.

What kind of practical demonstration do you need for gravity? Have you tried stepping off a roof of a tall building? That usually settles the issue.
presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:40:02 AM

Wow, this is fascinating. You keep sidestepping a very important key to understanding the nature of how water behaves.

Do you accept that the law of gravity is such, or not? It's pretty important to understanding how water sits on a globe and doesn't fly off into space.
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:42:04 AM

What kind of practical demonstration do you need for gravity? Have you tried stepping off a roof of a tall building? That usually settles the issue.

Can you prove to me that me falling off the building was a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass and not something else?  
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:49:04 AM

Can you prove to me that me falling off the building was a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass and not something else?  

Idiot #2 is back!

#1 - notaman - does not believe in proof - it's all a conspiracy
#2 - joerogers8 - does not believe in history - must verify everything for himself
#3 - baddicker - does not believe in change - 2,000 year old information must be true

Cool

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:53:58 AM

Wow, this is fascinating. You keep sidestepping a very important key to understanding the nature of how water behaves.

Do you accept that the law of gravity is such, or not? It's pretty important to understanding how water sits on a globe and doesn't fly off into space.

I think I have a good understanding of how water behaves.  Bodies of water find their level.  Bodies of water need to be contained or they will flow.  Bodies of water do not conform to the exterior of a shape.  These are the experiences I encounter when experimenting with bodies of water.

If you can show me and practically demonstrate these are not true then by all means demonstrate it.  

If you want me to believe that the bodies of water curve, form to the exterior of a shape and do not flow due to the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass (gravity) then I would like to see a demonstration of some sort to prove this.  If you want invoke the claim of gravity and for me to "believe" this over my practical experience then it must be demonstrated.  

If gravity is a belief system for you I accept that and have no issues.  If you have experienced this curvature of spacetime for yourself through experimentation then I would be grateful for your experimentation methods so I can try on my own.  
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:57:08 AM

Idiot #2 is back!

#1 - notaman - does not believe in proof - it's all a conspiracy
#2 - joerogers8 - does not believe in history - must verify everything for himself
#3 - baddicker - does not believe in change - 2,000 year old information must be true

Cool

I will not appeal to history, authority or consensus to answer scientific questions.

Holy shit Vod.  I agree with you on #2!  It's a fucking miracle. 

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 06:00:34 AM

I think I have a good understanding of how water behaves.  Bodies of water find their level.  Bodies of water need to be contained or they will flow.  Bodies of water do not conform to the exterior of a shape.  These are the experiences I encounter when experimenting with bodies of water.

Idiot #2 tells me I will not make a splash when I jump into water! 

Cool

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

Idiot #2 tells me I will not make a splash when I jump into water! 

Cool

When your fat ass jumps in you best believe your making a splash.  Flat, round or 4d. 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 06:07:33 AM

When your fat ass jumps in you best believe your making a splash.

Best believe my what?     Huh

presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:33:15 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

If gravity is a belief system for you I accept that and have no issues.  If you have experienced this curvature of spacetime for yourself through experimentation then I would be grateful for your experimentation methods so I can try on my own.  

Gravity isn't a belief system. It's a law of physics under which many marvels of technology operate. Nobody needs to prove anything to you. You need to prove the earth is flat to us. Continually sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "no no no no" isn't an argument, or a belief system. Refusing to even attempt to understand the nature of reality isn't a belief system either. Its just trolling.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:53:07 AM

If you want me to believe that the bodies of water curve, form to the exterior of a shape and do not flow due to the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass (gravity) then I would like to see a demonstration of some sort to prove this.  If you want invoke the claim of gravity and for me to "believe" this over my practical experience then it must be demonstrated.  

Idiot #2 - I am curious at how you explain water bending everyday...  :/

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:55:47 AM

idiot #2 - if you want to claim water will only curve temporarily, you'll need a big heater to thaw this water frozen in a curve..  ::

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:52:23 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 10:59:15 AM by notbatman

Nice, now that we've established that I'm stupid and crazy because I can measure angular size with a sextant. We've got additional proof that I'm a paid liar, an idiot and insane with the law gravity, this unproven theory is clearly the proof beyond any resonance doubt I'm mad. You go Vod, show 'em that gravitationally curved water!

You guys seriously need rope.

Meanwhile at the airport....

Four Commercial Airline Pilots Admit The Earth is Flat -- https://youtu.be/18QtOZapc38
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

You don't need to go that far. You don't even need to call it "gravity" if you have some religious objection to the word. Are you at least willing to admit that there is a force that makes things move towards Earth? Let's call it "Joe falling off a tall building experiment force", or j-force for short. Now if hypothetically speaking the Earth was ball-shaped, or penis-shaped, or whatever - what would the j-force do to large bodies of water?
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

Nice, now that we've established that I'm stupid and crazy because I can measure angular size with a sextant. We've got additional proof that I'm a paid liar, an idiot and insane with the law gravity, this unproven theory is clearly the proof beyond any resonance doubt I'm mad. You go Vod, show 'em that gravitationally curved water!

You guys seriously need rope.

Meanwhile at the airport....

Four Commercial Airline Pilots Admit The Earth is Flat -- https://youtu.be/18QtOZapc38

As previously mentioned what does measuring angular size with a sextant prove exactly? It doesn't prove anything, don't see your point here.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:27:39 PM

^^^ There's no vanishing point on a globe, the horizon is curvature. In reality the horizon is the result of convergence to a point on a plane. The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point, this is impossible on a globe. We're not on a globe the Earth is flat, it's measurably flat.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

^^^ There's no vanishing point on a globe, the horizon is curvature. In reality the horizon is the result of convergence to a point on a plane. The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point, this is impossible on a globe. We're not on a globe the Earth is flat, it's measurably flat.

''There's no vanishing point on a globe'' Why not?

''The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point'' Who told you this? https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Sextant

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:45:06 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 04:01:27 PM by sirazimuth

When your fat ass jumps in you best believe your making a splash.

Best believe my what?     Huh

LOL
I bitched at him a few posts back about learning the difference between “your” and “you’re”.
Apparently to no avail....It’s true, you can’t fix stupid.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:37:24 PM

''There's no vanishing point on a globe'' Why not?

''The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point'' Who told you this? https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Sextant

There's no vanishing point on a globe because it's hidden behind curvature. Who told me how to measure angular size? Well certainly not the Jews at wikipedia, those wikihow instructions are just the basics and don't cover angular size. Measuring angular size is covered up, it's a conspiracy (Jews control all information with few exceptions) and there's no readily available source that will discuss measurement because it's impossible to measure on a globe. I've explained how angular size measurement works, you should kill yourself instead of insisting it's impossible.

Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: