Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2019, 01:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 [662] 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... 772 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1072510 times)
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 2229

Be a bank.

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:44:16 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Mine RVN and with 0% mining fees and get paid in BTC, ETH, XMR or RVN.

www.cudominer.com Get Cudo Miner
Auto coin switching, third-party miners, overclocking and remote management (Win/Linux)
Run from a USB stick or install from an ISO image (Linux)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:47:01 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 01:24:09 PM by notbatman

... every educated person in the world knows a sextant cannot be used to measure distance.
"A sextant is a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant
... At sea level one minute of arc along the equator or a meridian (indeed, any great circle) equals exactly one geographical mile ... -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_and_second_of_arc#Cartography

Yes, we all know a sextant measures angles.

It cannot measure distance to a celestial object.

I sure have to repeat facts a lot to you, don't I?

Cool

Fuck you man, You're straw-manning my argument about distance by changing it from the distance the diameter of the Sun spans to the distance from the viewer to the Sun.

The argument isn't about the distance to the Sun, that's calculated using trigonometry and another known distance such as that to a lighthouse. This is about the Sun's "angular size" relative to the horizon vanishing point (a visible object). It's directly measured at 32' with two readings, first you measure the angle between the bottom of the Sun and the horizon, then then the top and the difference is the angular size. One arc minute equals one nautical mile; the very definition of mile is one minute.

Kill yourself for being intellectually dishonest and straw-manning my argument you sack of shit. Also, this is the second time ("I sure have to repeat facts a lot to you, don't I?") one of you shills straw-manned my argument about "angular size" with distance to the Sun, the Jewish method of 'accuse your opponent of what you're doing while you're doing it' rings true here doesn't it?

My proof the Earth is flat is empirical and it stands; the sextant measures angles on a plane and the Sun is 32 miles in diameter.

@Vod, how does it feel not being able to prove your claims and having to cry to authority and use intellectually dishonest argument tactics for every argument you make?

Canada is a Christian country Vod, the Bible is the highest authority. The Queen, her crown is place upon her head by the church. She literally still has "over 9000" power level with royal declarations. Your statements that the Earth is a spinning globe in a vacuum going around a million mile wide Sun a hundred millions miles away are in direct conflict with the Bible. Your statements are treasonous and provably so with empirically measured values. Not only that the political wing of globalism is a blatantly treasonous threat to Canada's sovereignty.

Canada still has the death plenty for one crime Vod, do you know what that is?

Do you know who Giordano Bruno is? History tends to repeat itself Vod!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1107

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

... every educated person in the world knows a sextant cannot be used to measure distance.
"A sextant is a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant
... At sea level one minute of arc along the equator or a meridian (indeed, any great circle) equals exactly one geographical mile ... -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_and_second_of_arc#Cartography

Yes, we all know a sextant measures angles.

It cannot measure distance to a celestial object.

I sure have to repeat facts a lot to you, don't I?

Cool

Fuck you man, You're straw-manning my argument about distance by changing it from the distance the diameter of the Sun spans to the distance from the viewer to the Sun.

The argument isn't about the distance to the Sun, that's calculated using trigonometry and another known distance such as that to a lighthouse. This is about the Sun's "angular size" relative to the horizon vanishing point (a visible object). It's directly measured at 32' with two readings, first you measure the angle between the bottom of the Sun and the horizon, then then the top and the difference is the angular size. One arc minute equals one nautical mile; the very definition of mile is one minute.

Kill yourself for being intellectually dishonest and straw-manning my argument you sack of shit. Also, this is the second time ("I sure have to repeat facts a lot to you, don't I?") one of you shills straw-manned my argument about "angular size" with distance to the Sun, the Jewish method of 'accuse your opponent of what you're doing while you're doing it' rings true here doesn't it?

My proof the Earth is flat is empirical and it stands; the sextant measures angles on a plane and the Sun is 32 miles in diameter.

@Vod, how does it feel not being able to prove your claims and having to cry to authority and use intellectually dishonest argument tactics for every argument you make?

And it is the trig involved when you measure the distance to the sun from two very distant points on the earth, and when you measure the distance from two very distant locations of the earth in it's orbit, and when you measure the trig between two satellites or the earth and a satellite, all of which have and use telescopes and advancements on the sextant that have made the sextant obsolete long ago.

Cool

Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz !
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:42:32 PM

^^^ This is the third time an attempt has been made to strawman my argument regarding "angular size" with distance from the viewer to the Sun. The "Angular size" of an object is measured from the horizon vanishing point and correlates with an actual physical distance.

If you're going to argue my points with by changing subjects and putting words in my mouth i.e. strawman tactics then you should kill yourself. My proof still stands.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 2254

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

No idea.   You claim things.

I post what has been scientifically proven for a thousand years.

Cool

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
BitcoinTalk Public Information Project (BPIP)  - BPIP Reports
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

^^^ This is the third time an attempt has been made to strawman my argument regarding "angular size" with distance from the viewer to the Sun. The "Angular size" of an object is measured from the horizon vanishing point and correlates with an actual physical distance.

If you're going to argue my points with by changing subjects and putting words in my mouth i.e. strawman tactics then you should kill yourself. My proof still stands.

With regard to the horizon, there are two horizons to be considered when measuring distance. These are the exact opposite horizons from the location where one is standing. When both of these are used with each other to measure distance to the sun, the distance and angle is shown to be slightly different than between you and one of them... when you use the sextant.

If you consider the earth flat, the distances from where you are standing could be thousands of miles apart, rather than the measly few that people see regarding GE horizons... even with all the distorted perspective science that you use. This would make sun distance more accurately measurable on FE than on GE. But the distance would be far further away that you or the sextant suggest.

Using satellite or satellite/earth triangulation, or triangulation between the earth at different times of the year (with far away stars as the base for proper triangulation) blows the whole, current "theory" of FE entirely out of the water, so to speak. If the earth DOES happen to be flat, your current model is entirely wrong, or your entire model is based on a bunch of unknown and unproven science, or it is based on mysticism.

Don't kill yourself by sticking with all your faulty FE science as it dies.

Cool

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:20:30 PM

Cool

Kind of an odd comment - are you planning on killing yourself as all your creationist science dies?

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:42:40 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 02:53:46 PM by notbatman

Cool

Nobody expects the inquisition, that's the beauty of it.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:48:01 PM

Cool

So until you get your inquisition against thousand year old facts ( Roll Eyes), admit you are not smarter than everyone who walks around you.  Smiley

Notaman - all you do is post comic book  frames and demand everyone believe in them.

All we ask is that you try simple experiments to prove what you are saying - and you can't.

Cool

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:54:11 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 03:17:17 PM by notbatman

Cool

So until you get your inquisition against thousand year old facts ( Roll Eyes), admit you are not smarter than everyone who walks around you.  Smiley

Notaman - all you do is post comic book  frames and demand everyone believe in them.

All we ask is that you try simple experiments to prove what you are saying - and you can't.

Cool

Giordano Bruno wasn't burnt at the steak in 1600 because he went around telling the truth, he made provably false claims that the Earth was a globe and paid the price for his role in this massive conspiracy.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1139

born once atheist

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 05:58:22 PM by sirazimuth

Cool

Kind of an odd comment - are you planning on killing yourself as all your creationist science dies?

The irony of the batty flat earther and a creationist in a pissing contest is amusing to say the least....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
presduterte

Activity: 224
Merit: 54

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:01:04 PM

Flat earth debunked.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 3551

Pedal-powered plaguebot

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:24:43 PM

Congrats on page 666.

That's not how geometry works. Or is geometry also a giant conspiracy?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:47:25 PM

Cool

Notaman - all you do is post comic book  frames and demand everyone believe in them.

Cool

Giordano Bruno wasn't burnt at the steak in 1600 because he went around telling the truth, he made provably false claims that the Earth was a globe and paid the price for his role in this massive conspiracy.

LOL! He wasn't burned at the steak because of telling the truth. He was burned at the steak because people didn't want the steak to get burnt. They were hungry for steak.

Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:49:07 PM

Congrats on page 666.

That's not how geometry works. Or is geometry also a giant conspiracy?

Of course geometry is a big FE conspiracy. It works so well that all these FE people are getting a free ride in their respective funny farms.

Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:52:57 PM

Cool

notbatman keeps on telling people to go kill themselves. So I thought I would essentially suggest to him to be careful to not commit suicide in his zeal.

I have the same wishes for you... that you would come out of your religion, into Bible religion, thereby keeping from killing yourself. At least notbatman might be a Christian, thereby saving himself amidst all his directives for others to kill themselves.

Cool

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1946

BitcoinTalk's Most Fabulously Gay Black Power-Top

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:48:36 PM

exemplaar

Activity: 945
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

Bob Ballblaw after all this time still didn't learn anything... Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, I found footage of vod...

and the rest of the crowd...

Astargath

Activity: 1134
Merit: 619

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:17:21 AM

If you think rocket launches are fake, show it. It should be easy if you think they just land after a while, show the landing. Easy peasy.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
yco
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Join Yachtco Bounty!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

Go to the sea and observe boats that are far away and getting closer. You will probably need binoculars. ... let us know what you came up with...

Pages: « 1 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 [662] 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... 772 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.