Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:02:32 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 05:21:40 PM by joerogers8

Why do you keep making false accusations about me lying?

Because you lied. There is nothing about sailing over curves in Tyson's quote. As I said, the only place where that phrase appears is a flat-earther site:

If you sail from North America to Europe on a spherical object how can you not be sailing up the water at some point?  The water surface is never level on your model.  Your either sailing up or down (the entire time).   Please explain.

You should let your kid go to an actual school and perhaps go with him too, you dumbass scammer.

LOL  Nice avoid.  Amazing the water levels right out when you want it to.  Nice insults.  

I guess we need to go back to step one with suchmoon.

Is the water curved at any point on the way from NA to Europe?  Does this water display convexity at any point?  Have you with your own eyes + magic binoculars seen the boat go behind water or did it go out of your perspective?  How did you prove that it was earths curvature and not perspective?  What experiments and measuring devices did you use?

I wonder if I sent my son to regular school if the science teach would provide real evidence or just throw screen shots up from seemingly a deep dive website.  Seems you need to learn about the scientific method.  Prove the tripe your saying son.

My proof is that all bodies of water finds it's level and must be in a container or else it will flow.  Bodies of water do not take the shape of the exterior of a surface.  That is everyday reality.  Measurable, observable, repeatable.

Show us your evidence of bodies of water (ocean) able holding shape to the outside of a container (earth) without flowing.  Can you prove anything at all?  Or you just run your mouth, son?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

My proof is that all bodies of water finds it's level and must be in a container or else it will flow.  Bodies of water do not take the shape of the exterior of a surface.  That is everyday reality.  Measurable, observable, repeatable.

Show us your evidence of bodies of water (ocean) able holding shape to the outside of a container (earth) without flowing.  

Yes, the container is called an "ocean". Or could be a "lake". Walk up to one (preferably not in a hurricane) and see if it flows on you. I think it doesn't.

But yeah, you idiots don't believe gravity either. That's another NASA/Tyson conspiracy, right scammer?
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:50:26 PM

Show us your evidence of bodies of water (ocean) able holding shape to the outside of a container (earth) without flowing.  

Yes, the container is called an "ocean". Or could be a "lake". Walk up to one (preferably not in a hurricane) and see if it flows on you. I think it doesn't.

But yeah, you idiots don't believe gravity either. That's another NASA/Tyson conspiracy, right scammer?
So your definition of the ocean/lake is it's a container?  Are we still on a giant curved sphere (I know you like going back and forth)?  Your water is clinging to the outside of a sphere.  Where is the container?

I noticed you have avoided all the other question and the one you attempted to answer was well.  I'll leave it at that. 

Do you BELIEVE in gravity or is gravity a FACT?  If you say you BELIEVE in gravity then I have no issues with that.  Just like I have no issues if people BELIEVE in Jesus, God, Buddha, or Zeus.  It's when they tell me it's a FACT I have an issue.

What real FACTS do you as a man have regarding the shape of the earth?  All your doing is repeating your education which most of us have had.  You must have ample proof of this topic that you have gone out and done for yourself.  I would like to see it.  Calling people every name in the book while having nothing but 2nd hand and 3rd hand knowledge, of which goes against our direct reality, with no real evidence you have gained yourself shows much about who and what you are.

Show me bodies of water displaying convexity.  Show me bodies of water conforming to the exterior of a shape.  For you to put your direct reality on hold you must have witnessed this for yourself.  You for sure must have seen this with your own experiments to consider yourself such an expert to be able to judge other peoples intelligence. 

Finally IF I scammed you who is the smart one?  Your walking around  here acting smart all the while being easily scammed.  It's very confusing.  I would think someone of your immense intelligence would not fall for such an obvious scam. 

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 06:27:58 PM

Do you BELIEVE in gravity or is gravity a FACT?  If you say you BELIEVE in gravity then I have no issues with that.  Just like I have no issues if people BELIEVE in Jesus, God, Buddha, or Zeus.  It's when they tell me it's a FACT I have an issue.

Gravity is an established scientific theory (and yes, I know your moronic response to that so spare me). Your insistence on trying to test it yourself with your cockamamie experiments has no bearing on that but feel free to step off a ladder if you really need proof.

Scientists apply the scientific method to challenge their theories and ideas. Idiots like you and notbatman apply your beliefs to fight off any challenge.

Finally IF I scammed you who is the smart one?  Your walking around  here acting smart all the while being easily scammed.  It's very confusing.  I would think someone of your immense intelligence would not fall for such an obvious scam. 

So your excuse for being a scammer is that you're smart? A+ for that one.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

Gravity is an established scientific theory (and yes, I know your moronic response to that so spare me). Your insistence on trying to test it yourself with your cockamamie experiments has no bearing on that but feel free to step off a ladder if you really need proof.

Scientists apply the scientific method to challenge their theories and ideas. Idiots like you and notbatman apply your beliefs to fight off any challenge.

So your excuse for being a scammer is that you're smart? A+ for that one.

Care to answer anything about the ocean being a container or you just move on when you've been whooped?   We all know your game.

Can you prove gravity exists?  You have a belief system you were born into.  Then attack when it's challenged.

You should be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt gravity is the cause of objects falling.  How can I be sure that it was gravity that took hold of me and dropped me to the floor when I jumped off the ladder?  You seem very sure of this stuff your telling me however you are showing zero proof.  Your science dictates that it must follow the scientific method.  Show us.  I imagine this should be easy for a man with your immense intellect.  Educate us fools.

Is it safe to assume you cannot show us bodies of water sticking and conforming to the outside of an object.  Is it safe to assume that you cannot show us large bodies of water not flowing if no container is present? 

Why do you believe what you believe?  Because they told you so?  Have you done any experimentation at all or do you just believe everything that science and government tells you? 
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 06:49:40 PM

You should be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt gravity is the cause of objects falling.  How can I be sure that it was gravity that took hold of me and dropped me to the floor when I jumped off the ladder?  You seem very sure of this stuff your telling me however you are showing zero proof.  Your science dictates that it must follow the scientific method.  Show us.  I imagine this should be easy for a man with your immense intellect.  Educate us fools.

Post a link to your peer-reviewed scientific paper and let's discuss it. Youtube videos don't count.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:06:54 PM

You should be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt gravity is the cause of objects falling.  How can I be sure that it was gravity that took hold of me and dropped me to the floor when I jumped off the ladder?  You seem very sure of this stuff your telling me however you are showing zero proof.  Your science dictates that it must follow the scientific method.  Show us.  I imagine this should be easy for a man with your immense intellect.  Educate us fools.

Post a link to your peer-reviewed scientific paper and let's discuss it. Youtube videos don't count.

Ok so the bendy water is off?  Don't want to talk about that anymore?  

Everyone here just note how these operatives work.  Once whooped they will simply move to the next thing.  Over and over.  This shows no desire to learn.  suchmoon is here to defend his science/religion.  He is unreachable.  The beauty is he thinks he has a higher intelligence than all of us because he can repeat what he has been told.  Just a FYI we can all simply repeat what they told us.  Some of us are looking for proof of the claim.  Nothing more and nothing less.  

You made the claim of gravity I did not.  I'm asking you to prove your claim.  I believed in gravity for 25+years.  Now I want facts to back that belief.  Show me gravity at work.  There should be 500 years of data that you can go from.  Prove to me it is gravity that causes me to fall off the ladder.  Show me a larger object attracting a smaller object with no other force than gravity at play.

Remember I'm a moron for not buying into gravity.  WHY?  If I can be relegated to the status of a moron for not believing, I would think I should have a clear cut example of gravity causing objects to fall in the next few minutes.  Remember you need to prove it was gravity that actually caused it.  

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

You should be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt gravity is the cause of objects falling.  How can I be sure that it was gravity that took hold of me and dropped me to the floor when I jumped off the ladder?  You seem very sure of this stuff your telling me however you are showing zero proof.  Your science dictates that it must follow the scientific method.  Show us.  I imagine this should be easy for a man with your immense intellect.  Educate us fools.

Everyone here just note how these operatives work.  Once whooped they will simply move to the next thing.  Over and over.  This shows no desire to learn.  suchmoon is here to defend his science/religion.  He is unreachable.  The beauty is he thinks he has a higher intelligence than all of us because he can repeat what he has been told.  Just a FYI we can all simply repeat what they told us.  Some of us are looking for proof of the claim.  Nothing more and nothing less.  

You made the claim of gravity I did not.  I'm asking you to prove your claim.  I believed in gravity for 25+years.  Now I want facts to back that belief.  Show me gravity at work.  There should be 500 years of data that you can go from.  Prove to me it is gravity that causes me to fall off the ladder.  Show me a larger object attracting a smaller object with no other force than gravity at play.

Remember I'm a moron for not buying into gravity.  WHY?  If I can be relegated to the status of a moron for not believing, I would think I should have a clear cut example of gravity causing objects to fall in the next few minutes.  Remember you need to prove it was gravity that actually caused it.  

Jump from a building, see what happens. ''There should be 500 years of data that you can go from.'' Yes, all the math and physics are there to back it up, you sure you went to school?

''Show me a larger object attracting a smaller object with no other force than gravity at play. '' You believe outer space doesn't exist, so it would be hard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

Jump from a building, see what happens. ''There should be 500 years of data that you can go from.'' Yes, all the math and physics are there to back it up, you sure you went to school?

''Show me a larger object attracting a smaller object with no other force than gravity at play. '' You believe outer space doesn't exist, so it would be hard.

Science is not about belief.  You are choosing to believe the story which was given.  The story you believe in goes against how I see water behaving.  It goes against my reality.  Hence I want to see proof of the claims in the science book.  Once I'm greeted with hate and vigor and not proof then this becomes a game of simply exposing you, which nobatman has done very well.  None of you are interested in science.  

The physics of water and it's properties does not back up your story.    The physics of water says it finds it's level, It must be in a container or it flows, it does not take the form of the exterior of a shape.  If you want to make a claim that goes against this then you must prove it.  Science demands it.  

Math proves nothing.  It's a language.  Vod is having a bit of trouble with this as well.  You must first know the underlying axioms they have used.  Yes the formulas work out but they are not based in reality (Tesla).  It's a trick to fool people like you into disbelieving your reality.  

Straight from Richard Feynman's mouth regarding the math your attempting to use.  It just shows you have no idea what the hell your claiming regarding math.  Let me guess Feynman is a dick hole as well.  What school did you go to where they told you math proves things?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCjODeoLVw

You have put your direct reality on hold to believe your authority.  This is brainwashing.  
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

There is no bendy water. There is only a straw man that you and notbatman are trying to prop up by denying anything that doesn't support your pancake idiocy.

So how about that scientific paper of yours? Don't be shy, even if it's just a stick-figure drawing of you falling off a ladder.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:22:20 PM

There is no bendy water. There is only a straw man that you and notbatman are trying to prop up by denying anything that doesn't support your pancake idiocy.

So how about that scientific paper of yours? Don't be shy, even if it's just a stick-figure drawing of you falling off a ladder.

If the water does not curve/bend how does it conform to the ball?  Is the water level?

You made the claim of gravity.  You must prove it.  This is 2nd grade science here.  The scientific method is taught in grade 2.  

My scientific paper says this.
Bodies of water find level
Bodies of water need a container or it will flow
Bodies of water do not conform to the exterior of a shape
I cannot prove why things fall.  I only know how they fall.

You can experiment and prove my claims to yourself in your bathtub.  Should cost less than a dollar to prove this to yourself.  I think every person on earth knows this evident reality of how water works.

Now let's see your claims proven.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 08:33:50 PM

Fabulous. Real science on Bitcointalk, who'da thunk it?

A few millennia behind the rest of the world but you're making progress. Keep trying.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:41:47 PM

Fabulous. Real science on Bitcointalk, who'da thunk it?

A few millennia behind the rest of the world but you're making progress. Keep trying.

I just showed you the physics of water and you don't like it. 

Your telling me you believe in a sphere covered in 70% water but the water does not bend/curve?   Do you believe in the sphere or not?  Notice your still not able to answer.  Poor charity. 

Your exposed.  Even if the Earth is a sphere you have proven you simply go along with the crowd.  This is referred to as a sheep.  You only believe because you were told.  You have no idea why you believe it as you cannot piece together a single intelligent though regarding the matter. 

"There is no bendy water."
the container is called an "ocean". Or could be a "lake".
suchmoon - globe believer
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 09:04:01 PM

False. I like it very much. Still needs a bit of work though, particularly on the part explaining what keeps water in a container. I'm sure you can do it.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:06:54 PM

False. I like it very much. Still needs a bit of work though, particularly on the part explaining what keeps water in a container. I'm sure you can do it.

Nice science work.  The proof is overwhelming.  

Show me a body of water that is not in a container and does not flow.  Post your experiment here.  
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:08:17 PM

Question for Vod and Suchmoon:  Do you believe NASA astronauts have actually set foot on the moon before?

I'm not a flat earther but I do have my doubts about 9/11 and the moon landing.

I'm fairly sure Vod has claimed earlier that we have set foot on the moon and that math proves it. 
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:21:14 PM

joe...
If you are so hot under the collar to get someone to  convince you the earth isn't flat and show you the proven science behind it,
wtf are you doing in a btctalk thread with clowns like myself  and others who love to take the piss outta
folks like you and an OP that's been trolling for 3 plus years? This is Bitcointalk FFS.
Use the google and go to some real science forum. If you are really nice you might get some
educated folks who can explain all your misconceptions and spell it out for you.  (then again they might just laugh at you, idk...)
Educate yourself ...seriously.
Or not....and just continue to rant and rave in here and make a fool out of yourself.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:37:17 PM

Science is not about belief.  You are choosing to believe the story which was given.  The story you believe in goes against how I see water behaving.  It goes against my reality.  Hence I want to see proof of the claims in the science book.  Once I'm greeted with hate and vigor and not proof then this becomes a game of simply exposing you, which nobatman has done very well.  None of you are interested in science.  

The physics of water and it's properties does not back up your story.    The physics of water says it finds it's level, It must be in a container or it flows, it does not take the form of the exterior of a shape.  If you want to make a claim that goes against this then you must prove it.  Science demands it.  

Math proves nothing.  It's a language.  Vod is having a bit of trouble with this as well.  You must first know the underlying axioms they have used.  Yes the formulas work out but they are not based in reality (Tesla).  It's a trick to fool people like you into disbelieving your reality.  

Straight from Richard Feynman's mouth regarding the math your attempting to use.  It just shows you have no idea what the hell your claiming regarding math.  Let me guess Feynman is a dick hole as well.  What school did you go to where they told you math proves things?

You have put your direct reality on hold to believe your authority.  This is brainwashing.  

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 09:44:48 PM

Nice science work.  The proof is overwhelming.  

Show me a body of water that is not in a container and does not flow.  Post your experiment here.  

I'm asking you what keeps it in that container. Shouldn't be too hard to answer for such an esteemed scammer scholar as yourself so don't be shy, give it a try.
joerogers8

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:13:17 PM

What happens when a bunch of those fall to the ground?  They find level.  Your comparing a raindrop (surface tension) to the ocean.  This is a false equivalence.  Show me a body of water do that and then you'll have something.  The way science supporters do science is very fascinating.   
Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: