Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone  (Read 27468 times)
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:18:03 AM

Any timeline for setting up an Australian Server ?
This lag is not even worth it for me even the Asian Server is 200-235 ping & the others are worse, I see everyone enjoying themselves and here I am having to deal with input lag and flashing bomberman when he walks Sad

Sorry for the rant but I want to be part of this too Smiley

haha I don't see it as a rant but a request, ok, I'll create an Australian server within 24 hours!

- edit -

actually, doing it now, give me a few minutes

- edit -

sydney is online!

Wow very good, 24 ping Grin

Thank you holorga !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:41:10 AM

Great program.  Interesting how having a few (free) satoshi on the line still makes the game more exciting...
zecexe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:05:33 AM

I took me forever to find this game, reminiscence of my childhood, I love this game!
LegionXIII

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:39:38 AM

I'd love to be able to see like, a winnings history. 

e.g. click on my total amount of munni and see oh ok u won this much from this game with these people at this time, sorted chronologically.  Kinda a tiny thing but would be interesting, as you could get more of a long term feel for who's whooping your arse. Plus then u could maybe also see user names for people who you referred?
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:04:04 AM

I gave this a shot yesterday as I saw it in another thread, a really cool idea and I know it is in Beta phase so there are bugs but for me it was really laggy so i gave up for now.
At some point incorporating this into a mobile app would see it reach a huge audience if that is something that is possible.
holorga (OP)

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:04:03 AM

just started a san francisco server
hopefully it doesn't split the crowd too much. with a central chat and server hopping, I think it should be fine.

I'd love to be able to see like, a winnings history.  

e.g. click on my total amount of munni and see oh ok u won this much from this game with these people at this time, sorted chronologically.  Kinda a tiny thing but would be interesting, as you could get more of a long term feel for who's whooping your arse. Plus then u could maybe also see user names for people who you referred?

yup! I agree on both things, they are already on a TODO list, just not that high of a priority atm

I gave this a shot yesterday as I saw it in another thread, a really cool idea and I know it is in Beta phase so there are bugs but for me it was really laggy so i gave up for now.
At some point incorporating this into a mobile app would see it reach a huge audience if that is something that is possible.

mobile works really well through the browser, will do touch support soon.
but also yeah, mobile app is possible, long term.

about being laggy: your ping should be below 50 for game to work ok, and also, there is a big fix for lag coming in the following days (that's probably the most anticipated fix)

jamieebotwin
Legendary

Activity: 809

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:27:54 AM

I am really like this game , bomberman its very good game
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:59:33 AM

I took me forever to find this game, reminiscence of my childhood, I love this game!
me too liked this game like a hell ,whenever i play this game it take me to 2001 when i used to play them on my tv.
I wonder OP should put some jack for the won who will win maximum tournament this week Smiley
jamieebotwin
Legendary

Activity: 809

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:48:19 PM

I loss my all money pls give again 100 satoshi Smiley
battle nick : jamieebotwin
armadilo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:47:01 PM

Again here  :

You will lose your money 100% once you start playing for real money.

Simply because of TD AND BOTS witch can be made in more/less than 1 hour to cheat and bypass everything in the game.

The Owner is not protecting his players or telling them the truth so i've created this thread for this reason.

Im sure some devs from this forum will support this, if BOTS can be controlled than trust me LOTS of online business owners will be making GREAT multiplayer games and google wont even need a captcha .

Simple rule : Anything on the client side can and will be hacked.

So yh its a good game if NO real money included .... Becarefull!

I'm done & You decide .

A simple cheat will be posted here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1260823.0  (if i have enough time  Wink )
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 04:31:27 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 10:49:08 PM by holorga

can you please stop spreading fear? do you own a gambling site? This is getting a bit annoying.

This will be my last comment on bots/cheating and I will link to this post if it gets mentioned again:

1 All multiplayer games have a potential problem with cheaters (aimbots in FPS and such) this game is no different. Web is just a transport mecahnism.
Multiplayer games rarely die or fail or get destroyed due to this issue.

With this game, everyone has all the information, so the only way to cheat would be to make a very good bomberman AI. If you actually do this, (which you probably won't) please share it! a singleplayer mode for practice or addable bot players would be awesome Cheesy

2 There are many very varied and subtile approaches to detecting bots. A few of the top of my head would be client fingerprinting, polymorphic api, statistical analysis. I will not go into details.
I'm prepared for an arms race in this context but would really like to postpone this, as I (and everyone else) would prefer me to work on cool new features then on bot detection.

3 If playing for money you'd usually play a few games with a person, introduce BTC if you have a similar skill and is fun, you also chat together. it would be tons of manual labor together with technical knowledge to scam people.

4 Anyone able to keep from being detected for any significant amount of time would be highly skilled, and could profit waaay more from spending time on something else, like a well paying job.

5, and most importantly
If needed we can implement some kind of trust/registration/ban/similar skill matching system.
visible win/lose statistics for all players are already implemented.
I'm nerdy so I'd actually love to see bots playing against each other once matched together by simmilar skill matching system.

and now to reply to the only concrete things that you did say:

Quote from: armadilo
All multiplayer games have client side of course. In this case, the gameplay itself is simulated on the serverside, server decides who wins. you can't hack your way to victory.
You'd have to implement a great bomberman AI for this. (again plz share it if you do, a singleplayer mode would be great to have)

Quote from: armadilo
The Owner is not protecting his players or telling them the truth so i've created this thread for this reason.
tell me exactly where I lied about something and of course provide evidence for your accusations.

lastly, let's stop with talking, your next reply, instead of spreading this vague fear, should be your first place on the leaderboards Smiley

armadilo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:42:40 PM

Again here  :

Simply because of TD AND BOTS witch can be made in more/less than 1 hour to cheat and bypass everything in the game.

Im sure some devs from this forum will support this, if BOTS can be controlled than trust me LOTS of online business owners will be making GREAT multiplayer games and google wont even need a captcha .

I'm done & You decide .

A simple cheat will be posted here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1260823.0  (if i have enough time  Wink )
can you please stop spreading fear? .....

You put lots of effort on this game that you became so blind but ... OK my last words get ready to be called a scammer soon  Tongue . (I pomise)
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:49:52 PM

It is nice to see your game has improved a lot since the last time I checked. I like the addition of new servers, affiliate system and replays to the ended games. It would be even better if we can throw bombs and kick bombs, like in the original bomberman game.

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:17:58 PM

Again here  :

I'm done & You decide .

A simple cheat will be posted here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1260823.0  (if i have enough time  Wink )

It is not as simple as you are trying to imply here. Writing a competent AI for bomberman would require far more than 1h as you said.
Is it doable ? Yes. The probability of it happening is very low and as mentioned by the admin, it can be countered with anti cheat mechanics. The reward simply isnt there, anyone with that knowledge and skillset has far more profitable things to do than scam a few satoshis.
abitguru

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:21:32 PM

wow surely gonna test. I love bomberman Cheesy

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
metacoin

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

Pretty fun, played a few games with the guys at work, really enjoyable gameplay!

pin.org
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

It is nice to see your game has improved a lot since the last time I checked. I like the addition of new servers, affiliate system and replays to the ended games. It would be even better if we can throw bombs and kick bombs, like in the original bomberman game.

yup, didn't sleep much in the last few days, a lot of small changes have been introduced which together, make the whole exprience much better. (try clicking on avatars:)) its still early and rough though, and I have a lot of fixes and features to still finish.

I'm fixing critical UI stuff now, and then will get back to the most important thing: gameplay itself. its a bit rough around the edges atm and I'd like to make it way smoother.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:20:52 PM

I like how when you select a different server, a ping is sent showing you the reply ! Good idea.

You ever need some sponsoring or have any ideas shoot them my way, I work with an awesome PHP dev and would love to help but you look like you have all in order.

Most people who post cr*p (Sorry for my language) about your service are normally just jealous they can't do better!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:29:14 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 11:03:00 PM by holorga

I like how when you select a different server, a ping is sent showing you the reply ! Good idea.

You ever need some sponsoring or have any ideas shoot them my way, I work with an awesome PHP dev and would love to help but you look like you have all in order.

Most people who post cr*p (Sorry for my language) about your service are normally just jealous they can't do better!

there is very little cr*p Smiley I'm actually surprised at how well this has been receieved and how awesome and enthusiastic the small community around the game is. thanks everyone.

yes, I am considering looking for investors and getting more people on board with the development (not php though, this is written on top of nodejs), (I do have everything under control, but this is a job for more people. there is a lot of work to do and a lot of new stuff I'd still like to see)

not sure how to proceed with investors atm, didn't have time to do research. will consider things like btc based crowdfunding, selling stock (again - btc), or asking for a more standard (more serious?) sillicon valley style investor. I will meet some ppl to talk about this soon.

GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:44:50 PM

Again here  :

I'm done & You decide .

It is not as simple as you are trying to imply here. Writing a competent AI for bomberman would require far more than 1h as you said.
Is it doable ? Yes. The probability of it happening is very low and as mentioned by the admin, it can be countered with anti cheat mechanics. The reward simply isnt there, anyone with that knowledge and skillset has far more profitable things to do than scam a few satoshis.

And also the admin can always look through the different games played of someone to see if they are cheating or not, it would simply be impossible, a simple report button for cheating would be enough to stop any cheater.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: