Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5699 times)
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:11:16 AM

Bitcoin is the digital money and for me it is very important because i am totally dependent on this So when the bitcoin activity and the price high then it is good for me and i am happy when i know a good news about bitcoin and the crypto For me bitcoin is very precious form of currency i would like to motivate others to come and join this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:55:55 AM

I would consider it to be money right now. As more and more people use it it will be a currency. It is more than either option though. It is a technology that can and will change everything from elections to contract law.

Bitcoin can be considered to be money, when it is converted to fiat. I suppose that BTC is a currency, the stuff that can connect even people globally! Bitcoin is sure a protocol, but many of us still call it money.
I think different opinions are natural thing, for myself bitcoin is a money and currency, although not real but bitcoin has a value like gold, but bitcoin can also occur inflation and fluctuations so it will be the same as money, the important thing is that bitcoin can be exchanged to other currencies, can be used as investment, and can be used as a method of payment
Bitcoin is a currency through the use of internet that can be money by converting it local currency. Bitcoin can be used to invest to other coins to gain profit and also can be use as payment in online shops that accept it and even transaction world wide. Bitcoin has no stable value which give opportunity to everyone to make investment in it on the prefer price in the market which being analyze before making decisions and taking the risk.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:54:15 AM

Bitcoin is everything, can be used any way you please, holding asset, currency, or even cash.
If you think bitcoin is everything you may be wrong because we live in a state of sovereignty and a predetermined government. Therefore money is a legitimate means of transactions rather than bitcoins. But, bitcoin here, plays an important role to supplement the money like real money and bitcoin in the digital world are equally important.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:58:40 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. I.e. electronic means.They do not look like ordinary money and are not printed by banks. Banks can issue an unlimited amount of money to pay off debts. Thus devaluing its currency. It would be more correct to call bitcoin an independent payment system. Money can not call him because he has not secured and does not have stable prices.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:59:16 AM

it is both,

as it affected by market regulation also like currency, and said money because its valued on real.
Yes both of the two will fit into it.if we talk currency it is bitcoin that make an digital currency and exchange into money if needed. So therefor money is in bitcoin and bitcoin can exchange to money. It reflects by each other.
Though bitcoin is another way of making money but still it comes out with money.

Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:11:56 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money or currency. Bitcoin cannot be use offline but it can be exchange for a paper money so that it can be use anytime anywhere.

2Godbdglory

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:26:56 PM

This is money and also currency bitcoin cannot b spend anywhere but it can be converted into money of any country.  Currency and money  can be touched but bitcoin cannot b touched.
Ulan01

Activity: 178
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:27:17 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
bitcoin is the currency in the crypto world, and paper money is the real-world currency, all of which have their own features and disadvantages. But bitcoin can be considered a real currency like paper money in a country that validates the presence of bitcoin. so I think bitcoin is currency.
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:38:44 PM

Both, of course. And topmost it is also a payment system. Oh, and it is a technology to prove ownership over something (Bitcoins in the most basic form) on a distributed no-trust-requiring public ledger.
Yes its true,we can see that both money and currency which the best way to defined for bitcoin.We make our life successful and change to be wealthy because of this kind of income.Thats why for me that bitcoin deserves to be money at the same time the cryptocurrency.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:54:07 PM

Bitcoin is a crypto currency . This is the most popular in all currency. People much prefer bitcoin than other coin. In my own opinion, Bitcoin is currency that can be converted into real money. Bitcoin use for money transaction. It is a digital crypto currency but we can also say that bitcoin id money. In general, bitcoin is a system of money in a particular country.

Royal Script

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:02:41 PM

As i understand about bitcoin, it is an intangible coin/currency that is used for online payment for goods and services with a very fast transaction speed. The receiving party will of course receive bitcoin too that is that can be traded into a form of fiat/money which is the tangible one.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:59:11 PM

Bitcoin is an electric data and people can not use it physically because it is not physical thing. If you use this then you have to use it at online. Some government have banned it in their country so that it will never be any money because we can money at any time anywhere. You can not take it as main currency also.

It is a cryptocurrency and those people only can use it who are well known about it. You don’t need to find best name of it if you want to deal with this coin. You have to know all the system of it and take the perfect decision which will bring much profit to you. It is very useful for those people who can take the perfect decision at all time.
kmlhsan

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

Bitcoin is a currency.  Currency means medium. And money is that which we can touch, we can see it. But Bitcoin has no form.
Harper6

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 09:20:55 PM

Bitcoin is capable of facilitating transactions at a low cost or can provide better risk-adjusted returns for portfolios, then it is as good as money.
No doubt bitcoin is like money it has all the abilities that money has, it can be use to buy everything for you. I know bitcoin has future and it will make the future of simple person a special as they want, bitcoin has the ability to use for birth the currency and the money as it has fast transaction people prefer to use digital currency to buy goods online you will be able to pay for all bills and even school fees as well. Without moving away from your home you can easily enjoy high quality shopping with bitcoin currency payment service.
posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:37:45 PM

Bitcoin is a Crypto Currency, and is a  Digital Currency which is used all over the world especially as a means of payment on line and also it is daily use for many other transactions by many people. Bitcoin is actually Money  as well as a Currency. The power of a  legal tender is to be generally accepted by  all the citizen and use for the purpose of purchase, exchange, investments .... etc. Bitcoin have actually  serve the purpose of money,in those  countries where bitcoin is accepted, it is use as money to buy and others. The Digital Technology enhances its being use a digital Currency.
Good tbc

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:57:31 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money or currency. Bitcoin cannot be use offline but it can be exchange for a paper money so that it can be use anytime anywhere.

I agree with you that Bitcoin is a digital currency, which is as a result of Blockchain Technology. Bitcoin is both Money and Currency.The acceptance of bitcoin for purchase in some countries as well as buying from shops and supermarket allows its use as a Money. Bitcoin is a digital currency where many people all over the world, especially countries where Bitcoin is accepted, uses Bitcoin for on line Transactions.The Digital currency is globally acknowledged, hence its great effect in the use for Transactions  and other form of payments. Bitcoin is actually a Money and a Currency.

jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:20:35 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money that is not physical, but bitcoin money can meet all our needs by way of exchange bitcoin money into fiat money can be used. Because digital money can not be used as a valid exchange tool in my country. The legal currency is money. Can be directly in use. Bitcoin can only be used to certain fellow commodities only
Pintasak

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:26:54 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
Bitcoin refers to two things Btc is a payment network similar to mastercard or paypal and bitcoins (the currency)are the medium of exchange on the btc payment network .Btc is a global currency which is traded person to person without any need for a bank in the middle

surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:35:44 AM

It is both, it doesn't have to be a currency for one country. That is what is unique and beautiful about Bitcoin, is that it is transnational and it has zero borders. However right now it functions more as a store of value, than currency or money.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:44:53 AM

It is both, it doesn't have to be a currency for one country. That is what is unique and beautiful about Bitcoin, is that it is transnational and it has zero borders. However right now it functions more as a store of value, than currency or money.

Well, it could be both depends on how you determined or used bitcoin as the digital aspect. Likewise you are limited to make a move whenever you do in your coin. The best is thing is you earned from this kind of work having popular world wide and talks about by many people about the digital currency today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: