Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:00:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 220 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TRON] Positron Technologies - Upcoming Project Direction Change  (Read 323970 times)
I2S2SI

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:39:06 PM

I need some feedback from the community.

Would you all prefer to see work-in-progress betas sooner, or wait longer to be presented the finished and 100% polished product?

I'd prefer to show more work in progress, thats why I ask. It helps me when users test and abuse things. Anon test will be released later today, and I'd like to start testing the social network sooner than the time announced on the website, and some of our trading tools.

Thanks!
<

I would like to see work in progress betas sooner because we can get a grasp of what you are working on , maybe give oppinion / advice etc.

OK, we will do so Smiley  Response here and in chats has been all for showing work sooner.

You really MUST involve the community fully in testing. This is one area where Darkcoin/Dash really shines as they have a very extensive test-net where hundreds of community members try new features and capabilities with large amount of tDash (i.e. test Dash that's of no value but distributed via test faucets to enable everyone involved in testing to get as much as they need to run the updates in as close to real-world conditions as possible). The rectification and optimisation of code happens way before new functions are released onto main-net (but even then problems get through). Without this the dramas and chaos can be overwhelming. It's part of the reason why Dash is as successful and has the market cap it does. Are you considering creating a test-net?

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.
Good idea to reward longer term holders for sure! Any rough idea as to what percentage we might be looking at? I've decided to sit this one out and havn't sold any yet.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
cryptowest

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.
Any rough idea as what percentage we might be looking at? I've decided to sit this one out and havn't sold any yet. Good idea to reward longer term holders for sure!

Not yet, but if/when that switch happens, everyone will have a fair start and coin age will restart. It's not something I'm rushing to do, but I'm aware 9%/year is too much to last forever. It's likely I will push for the percent to decrease over time, but the decision will be voted on by the TRON holders.
HighAllTime

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:43:48 PM

Would you all prefer to see work-in-progress betas sooner, or wait longer to be presented the finished and 100% polished product?

I'd prefer to show more work in progress, thats why I ask. It helps me when users test and abuse things. Anon test will be released later today, and I'd like to start testing the social network sooner than the time announced on the website, and some of our trading tools.

Thanks!
<

I would like to see work in progress betas sooner because we can get a grasp of what you are working on , maybe give oppinion / advice etc.

OK, we will do so Smiley  Response here and in chats has been all for showing work sooner.

You really MUST involve the community fully in testing. This is one area where Darkcoin/Dash really shines as they have a very extensive test-net where hundreds of community members try new features and capabilities with large amount of tDash (i.e. test Dash that's of no value but distributed via test faucets to enable everyone involved in testing to get as much as they need to run the updates in as close to real-world conditions as possible). The rectification and optimisation of code happens way before new functions are released onto main-net (but even then problems get through). Without this the dramas and chaos can be overwhelming. It's part of the reason why Dash is as successful and has the market cap it does. Are you considering creating a test-net?

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote from the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.

I2S2SI

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:47:32 PM

Thanks!
<

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote form the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.

I dont think its a good idea to vote on economics

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
HighAllTime

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:51:39 PM

Thanks!
<

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote form the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.

I dont think its a good idea to vote on economics

In general, I agree. But if the percentage is changed, why not do it this way? It is going to be changed this way or another anyway, and, as the dev stated, in response to community. Every holder wants the best for their money. There only has to be some smart algorithm establishing a good balance between votes. Also, some brackets may be established.

Jazzycrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:18:52 PM

may i recommend to the dev some propositions? I think, it would be better in next wallet version, when pop-up notification of incoming tx will be green colored (not white), and outcoming from wallet  - red colored. And also some small easy sound notification (with on/off option) - like "TICK"
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:33:46 PM

In general, I agree. But if the percentage is changed, why not do it this way? It is going to be changed this way or another anyway, and, as the dev stated, in response to community. Every holder wants the best for their money. There only has to be some smart algorithm establishing a good balance between votes. Also, some brackets may be established.

It's interesting intellectually but I think it'd be terrible for the market. Heavycoin let users vote on POW amounts and did badly. Eventually, I'll let people submit schedules for future POS rewards, submit a few of my own, and we'll have a proper vote on the social network. All things in time Smiley

anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:34:29 PM

Looks like there is a shake-out in progress.

twitter @antiiclimax
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:54:39 PM

I would personally prefer to see a PoS % around the 3-4% per annum. 9% is as you say, a little too high to be economically sustainable for the future of the coin.

Any higher and TRON would be generating too many coins which would in turn allow people to be constantly placing sell orders to cash-in their stakes more often, creating sell pressure.

Just my 0.02c

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:02:45 PM

I would personally prefer to see a PoS % around the 3-4% per annum. 9% is as you say, a little too high to be economically sustainable for the future of the coin.

Any higher and TRON would be generating too many coins which would in turn allow people to be constantly placing sell orders to cash-in their stakes more often, creating sell pressure.

Just my 0.02c

Agree
we should make it precious so the value stay high
Tron to the top
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:15:58 PM

TRON will be the first Alt-coin that will compete alongside BTC just like the USD and EURO

darkowenter

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:24:24 PM

Big shakeout, where is whales  Roll Eyes?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:25:34 PM

i think 3% interest/annual is perfect  Smiley @cryptowest good idea to put up a poll for pos voting on this forum
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:33:07 PM

Big shakeout, where is whales  Roll Eyes?

who do you think is causing the "shake out"..

twitter @antiiclimax
xrn

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:40:36 PM

i think 3% interest/annual is perfect  Smiley @cryptowest good idea to put up a poll for pos voting on this forum

I agree But we should create total cap like btc at 5kk ? And after this time PoS only from fee, like masternodes.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Any news regarding the anon beta wallet which was/is supposed to be released today?

nrvasquez

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:46:19 PM

CryptoWest I think the perfect way to earn TRON is to modify the current POW and POS system.  Modify it to a hybrid POW/POS system. The details will be the following: set each block at the current interval, set each block reward to 20 TRON, you earn blocks base on your POS holdings, once you earn a block your hardware will use POW to solve the block.  

BigDaddySherman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:14:38 PM

Any news regarding the anon beta wallet which was/is supposed to be released today?

This isn't a shakeout - this is large holders dumping because 1. No roadmap as was promised. 2. No Anon Beta as was promised.

All we have had so far is questions, hype and talk of changing the fundamentals of the coin which all lead to big dumps.

I'm getting seriously annoyed here holding 25,000+ like a fool when those around me are cashing out.

Deliver the Anon Wallet now and stop the bleeding!
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:16:51 PM

This isn't a shakeout - this is large holders dumping because 1. No roadmap as was promised. 2. No Anon Beta as was promised.

All we have had so far is questions, hype and talk of changing the fundamentals of the coin which all lead to big dumps.

I'm getting seriously annoyed here holding 25,000+ like a fool when those around me are cashing out.

Deliver the Anon Wallet now and stop the bleeding!

roadmap is out

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 09:21:59 PM

Guys this coin is run by whaleclub. Whales could care less about crypto and just want to make money so I would be very hesitant to invest.

For this incubator thing, do you have any coins in mind? Or will it be only new coins/your own coins?
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 220 »
  Print  

Jump to: