Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:16:51 PM

Are both the block explorers down?
Uh, the blocks provider was muted. Should catch up within few minutes.

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robert3harrison

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:24:51 PM

Are both the block explorers down?
Uh, the blocks provider was muted. Should catch up within few minutes.

Cool, thanks.
CheatCodesOfLife

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:17:13 PM

I am working on the new ANN. Please postpone current discussions and questions and let's focus on the new ANN for a while to avoid repeating questions and first pages being continuation of same problems. So, the ANN should be kind of knowledge base & faq enough to start the 8BIT journey without need to ask where to download a wallet, bootstrap, read about masternode cost / profit etc. The ANN will not replace a dedicated website, but should bring an answer to 99% of questions.

I will start:

- short history
- goals / market niche
- core websites - home page, block explorer, alt block explorer
- basic economy model - inflation / block reward / block time
- github, wallet links
- bootstrap / parsed blockchain links
- exchange(s)
- staking tutorial - PLS PROVIDE ONE
- masternode tutorial - PLS PROVIDE ONE

Feel free to post your comments here or via PM.
There will be no fancy GFX at the moment, but we all will be happy if anyone will provide some.

Cool, I get it, the future is going to be great. But in the meantime, I need access to my money, and the wallet is broken (Linux build).

Could you please provide me with a copy of the blockchain so I can access my funds?

Like all I need is for you to .tar.gz and upload the blockchain

On my workstation with 32GB RAM and in i7 + SSD, I'm getting nowhere.
On my VPS, I'm getting:

EXCEPTION: St9bad_alloc      
std::bad_alloc      
8bit in ProcessMessages()  

Edit:
I'm suck at block:     "blocks" : 1010218,

First person to upload the blockchain, and provide their 8bit address, gets 60 - 8bit tokens from me. I'll post the TX ID here.

I am compressing my complete .8bit directory without the wallet.dat and 8bit.conf at this moment.
At this moment this blockchain will be 20 minutes old.
I can provide this if you can tell me where I can upload it.

The 60 8bit coins you can send to 8YyG4zaUrx7hgkTBDeiCtorqU2aUd3c93J

I already managed to access them via the dropbox link like 5 pages back, but you can have em anyway:

$ ~/8bit/src/8bitd sendtoaddress 8YyG4zaUrx7hgkTBDeiCtorqU2aUd3c93J 60 im_out
8ae38cbf979989ba9ae9f86185665be3b750097d6cec54f0348179538663d2d3

Enjoy Smiley
bakra

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:35:54 PM

I am working on the new ANN. Please postpone current discussions and questions and let's focus on the new ANN for a while to avoid repeating questions and first pages being continuation of same problems. So, the ANN should be kind of knowledge base & faq enough to start the 8BIT journey without need to ask where to download a wallet, bootstrap, read about masternode cost / profit etc. The ANN will not replace a dedicated website, but should bring an answer to 99% of questions.

I will start:

- short history
- goals / market niche
- core websites - home page, block explorer, alt block explorer
- basic economy model - inflation / block reward / block time
- github, wallet links
- bootstrap / parsed blockchain links
- exchange(s)
- staking tutorial - PLS PROVIDE ONE
- masternode tutorial - PLS PROVIDE ONE

Feel free to post your comments here or via PM.
There will be no fancy GFX at the moment, but we all will be happy if anyone will provide some.

Cool, I get it, the future is going to be great. But in the meantime, I need access to my money, and the wallet is broken (Linux build).

Could you please provide me with a copy of the blockchain so I can access my funds?

Like all I need is for you to .tar.gz and upload the blockchain

On my workstation with 32GB RAM and in i7 + SSD, I'm getting nowhere.
On my VPS, I'm getting:

EXCEPTION: St9bad_alloc      
std::bad_alloc      
8bit in ProcessMessages()  

Edit:
I'm suck at block:     "blocks" : 1010218,

First person to upload the blockchain, and provide their 8bit address, gets 60 - 8bit tokens from me. I'll post the TX ID here.

I am compressing my complete .8bit directory without the wallet.dat and 8bit.conf at this moment.
At this moment this blockchain will be 20 minutes old.
I can provide this if you can tell me where I can upload it.

The 60 8bit coins you can send to 8YyG4zaUrx7hgkTBDeiCtorqU2aUd3c93J

I already managed to access them via the dropbox link like 5 pages back, but you can have em anyway:

$ ~/8bit/src/8bitd sendtoaddress 8YyG4zaUrx7hgkTBDeiCtorqU2aUd3c93J 60 im_out
8ae38cbf979989ba9ae9f86185665be3b750097d6cec54f0348179538663d2d3

Enjoy Smiley

Thank you!

In the meantime I managed to upload it to Mega, so if you want to save some time and just sync a couple of hours here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!gawV0Qqb!Gcg-A_oRbSyDzHeFQ5s_lz98o3TGzZ7CGvzV-VqGwfI
panda111

Activity: 394

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

Hi my windows wallet is not syncing,any help welcome .I can pay tip from my  cryptopia  balance,as I did in past . ( 120 8bit)
Thank you and god luck to all holders of 8 Bit
CheatCodesOfLife

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:30:34 AM

Hi my windows wallet is not syncing,any help welcome .I can pay tip from my  cryptopia  balance,as I did in past . ( 120 8bit)
Thank you and god luck to all holders of 8 Bit

Hi Panda111,

I've read through the last 20 pages of this thread. From what I've gathered:

1. The windows wallet is fucked. You'll have to use the Linux one. And it's difficult to compile because it depends on old libraries which aren't included.
2. To even sync the chain, grab the megaupload copy of the blocks from bakra: https://mega.nz/#!gawV0Qqb!Gcg-A_oRbSyDzHeFQ5s_lz98o3TGzZ7CGvzV-VqGwfI
Simply extract that archive, copy your wallet.dat into it and your 8bit.conf and place it in ~./8bit
You should now be relatively sync'd, until the next "funny block" comes along and fucks you.

And the following is from my personal experience:
Even with a chain snapshot, my fast i7 with an SSD had trouble keeping up with the blockchain.
Sending that 60-8bit tip to bakra, kept failing, I had to create an infinite loop to keep re-trying the send.
I had the same issue sending my remaining balance to cryptopia.

I don't normally suggest this, but if you're not planning to setup a masternode, just keep your coins in cryptopia. Let their engineers keep the wallet running for you instead.
The risk of cryptopia dying or getting hacked is much lower than losing the coins in this software, especially since you HAVE TO use linux, and you're probably unfamiliar with it.
Additionally, you shouldn't have enough wealth in a coin like this that you'd be upset if you lost it.

Good luck, and no need to tip me.
r8st

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:22:40 AM

would there hypothetically be a way to run multiple mns over tor in such a manner as each node is assigned a different ip, even though on same system?

Possibly by using different control ports for tor (one for each MN).   Would need to test this out though

Coo coo. I read earlier it would be healthier for network than running multiple mns through same ip, i'd like to do that once switch comes.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 04:54:52 PM

1. The windows wallet is fucked. You'll have to use the Linux one. And it's difficult to compile because it depends on old libraries which aren't included.

Code:
git checkout a1d5ae1

Erm, difficult?  Cool The whole procedure is a copy-paste thing that cannot fail if you use standard stuff.

Even with a chain snapshot, my fast i7 with an SSD had trouble keeping up with the blockchain.
Sending that 60-8bit tip to bakra, kept failing, I had to create an infinite loop to keep re-trying the send.
This is sad, but the fact is that there are several people running nodes on low end VPS servers (which have 10% performance of your setup).

I don't normally suggest this, but if you're not planning to setup a masternode, just keep your coins in cryptopia. Let their engineers keep the wallet running for you instead.
The risk of cryptopia dying or getting hacked is much lower than losing the coins in this software, especially since you HAVE TO use linux, and you're probably unfamiliar with it.
The problem with this approach is that several people stake & run masternodes and keep track of their assets growth while others sit on the exchange and wait for a price movement.
Last but not least, this is crypto, and as long as you are here you will find that many opportunities bypass you only because you avoid learning Linux basics. This has been proven several times - Dash, Ethereum, always same complaints that its not fair that Windows miner / wallet is not available etc. However, these are only general conclusions, it's obvious that all common platforms *should* be supported.

Additionally, you shouldn't have enough wealth in a coin like this that you'd be upset if you lost it.
Could you please mention one coin (or any other thing you can invest into) that will not make you upset if you lost it?  Roll Eyes

Finally, this code base will be buried soon, but as long as there's no other options, maybe its a good moment to get new skills and catch up with those who mint new 8BITs everyday and probably are quite amused with the wallet issues people report here.

robert3harrison

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:43:08 PM

Got a say.... there have been issues with this coin, BUT, as 8-bit-Party points out, that's just crypto, seriously.

I'm running 10 nodes on low end vps's. Yes, they are all Linux and yes, I do have to attend to them, but again, that's crypto!

I'm actually generating about 18.2 coins per day from my 10 nodes (1.82 each) and at current prices, that's $5.34 per day. Not bad, after I subtract out the cost of the vps's I'm clearing $3.99 per day. I'll take that any day... and wait for the new wallet and functionality that will only increase the price/value.

Take his suggestion and learn some basic Linux skills, it really is quite simple and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of tutorials on the net.

Can't wait for the new wallet! Go 8-Bit!
CheatCodesOfLife

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:10:48 PM

Code:
git checkout a1d5ae1

Erm, difficult?  Cool The whole procedure is a copy-paste thing that cannot fail if you use standard stuff.

This is sad, but the fact is that there are several people running nodes on low end VPS servers (which have 10% performance of your setup).

The problem with this approach is that several people stake & run masternodes and keep track of their assets growth while others sit on the exchange and wait for a price movement.
Last but not least, this is crypto, and as long as you are here you will find that many opportunities bypass you only because you avoid learning Linux basics. This has been proven several times - Dash, Ethereum, always same complaints that its not fair that Windows miner / wallet is not available etc. However, these are only general conclusions, it's obvious that all common platforms *should* be supported.

Could you please mention one coin (or any other thing you can invest into) that will not make you upset if you lost it?  Roll Eyes

Finally, this code base will be buried soon, but as long as there's no other options, maybe its a good moment to get new skills and catch up with those who mint new 8BITs everyday and probably are quite amused with the wallet issues people report here.

I really didn't mean any offense mate. I know this is your project, and you're working on a new wallet, and that it's going to be easier to use once released. Objectively, I have setup masternodes in SIB, CHC, BRO and this, and this was the most difficult one to get working, to the point where I decided to leave the US$2 / node / day behind.

Some barrier to entry for this coin (in it's current form) vs other coins are:
- Links in the announcement here are dead, including the marketing website and chain explorer
- Blockchain is more difficult to sync and requires snapshots from community members*
* said snapshots are not in the main post, but buried in these threads
- No windows wallet*
** I don't use windows myself, but it's the biggest desktop OS, and the wallet is broken, but this isn't stated in the announcement thread, instead there's a dead dropbox link.

I think this coin will be get better in the near future (I'm holding some in cryptopia). The guy I was responding to is a windows user, with presumably limited knowledge of Linux. I stand by my advice that if you can forgo the masternode returns, but think this coin will improve, it's not too risky holding the coin in cryptopia.

> Could you please mention one coin (or any other thing you can invest into) that will not make you upset if you lost it?

touché

What I meant was, generally I wouldn't invest a large % of my wealth in a coin with such a low market cap, and in it's current state.
And since it's not a large amount of my wealth, I'm happy to store that in cryptopia. If I lost this amount money, I'd be okay to laugh it off.

I couldn't do this with bitcoin or dash, because I have life-changing amounts of money stored in them.

As for node operators seeing wallet issues and laughing, that's cool. I'm happy for them. US$2 / day for a 112-8bit stake is very good. I hope the guy above who I sent 60 coins to puts them towards another masternode and makes a killing.
D37945

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:16:10 PM

Can someone help a crypto-chick out...

I'd like to purchase a MN before the new ANN which i think will make the coin skyrocket in value.

With that said I have a few questions-

-Is it still 112 8Bit which I can get from Cryptopia
-Can I run this on Vultr VPS
-Is there a MN tutorial I can follow somewhere

Thanks in advance!
apocop

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:08:26 AM

Can someone help a crypto-chick out...

I'd like to purchase a MN before the new ANN which i think will make the coin skyrocket in value.

With that said I have a few questions-

-Is it still 112 8Bit which I can get from Cryptopia
-Can I run this on Vultr VPS
-Is there a MN tutorial I can follow somewhere

Thanks in advance!

- Yes.
- Yes.
- Check this post a couple pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028119.msg25225323#msg25225323
tobyletnt

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:15:49 AM

i need windows wallet link to download pls make anew website whit link and all people need to know
r8st

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:56:09 PM

i need windows wallet link to download pls make anew website whit link and all people need to know

Windows wallet doesn't work right now... you can use Linux or wait a bit until the new chain/wallet is released. We do plan on updating the website and making a new ANN thread with proper links, fear not.

"...and all people need to know"

Couldn't agree more with this!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:32:42 PM

Windows wallet doesn't work right now... you can use Linux or wait a bit until the new chain/wallet is released. We do plan on updating the website and making a new ANN thread with proper links, fear not.

"...and all people need to know"

Couldn't agree more with this!
This is good news  Wink

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:16:09 PM

How long do we have until the amount of coins required for a masternode is increased from 112 to 1000?
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:46:20 PM

Ok, sure. Which version of PIVX are you looking for?

v3.0 and higher they have been experiencing a lot of problems. After the implementation of zerocoin protocol.

v2.3.1 and earlier were a lot more stable

Bah, recently I jumped into v3 and I more and more convinced we should proceed with the newer version. v2 is abandoned and no longer maintained (last commit almost 3 months ago).

Anyone against?

olehrazin

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:49:32 PM

I have that same problem
robert3harrison

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:07:56 AM

Ok, sure. Which version of PIVX are you looking for?

v3.0 and higher they have been experiencing a lot of problems. After the implementation of zerocoin protocol.

v2.3.1 and earlier were a lot more stable

Bah, recently I jumped into v3 and I more and more convinced we should proceed with the newer version. v2 is abandoned and no longer maintained (last commit almost 3 months ago).

Anyone against?

Nope, proceed.
mentalmourn

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:40:38 AM

Do you have any competitors on the market now? What is your advantage comparing to them?
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: