Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31363 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:41:05 PM

All the stuff being posted here makes me really happy. I know that Evan will do whatever it takes to make Dash succeed. Meanwhile the Monero devs are being held back by their bloated ethics. Ask yourselves, what kind of people generally prevail when it comes to wealth? Is Wall Street ethical? Do people get rich because they respect others and play fair?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

In live, like minded people will always find there peers.
Evan with his Darkcoin shit attracts lowlifes, scums, and fraudsters like fly's to shit.
It tells a lot about the personalities involved.

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

All the stuff being posted here makes me really happy. I know that Evan will do whatever it takes to make Dash succeed. Meanwhile the Monero devs are being held back by their bloated ethics. Ask yourselves, what kind of people generally prevail when it comes to wealth? Is Wall Street ethical? Do people get rich because they respect others and play fair?
You're nothing but a stepping stone in this game Cheesy

GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:34:34 PM

Thats why Bitcoin was created, and people like you are here to destroy it with your never ending greed
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:39:12 PM

Thats why Bitcoin was created, and people like you are here to destroy it with your never ending greed

LOL.  He's an XMR investor who always makes the point that he believes that Evan is a crook and Monero devs have - ethics  Huh - this thread i now XMR fudding itself...
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:39:21 PM

This is quite an interesting post. Thank you for pointing it out. Darkcoin/dash advocates often claim that there was a vote on whether to airdrop the instamined coins, and the community voted against it. Therefore, they say, the instamine was "approved" by the community and is okay. However, look carefully at what was being proposed, and what the community rejected:

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold.

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone, create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

Furthermore he was proposing to give these coins not to outsiders, but only to existing holders or people who bought coins (which they would need to do from existing holders!), which means much of this so-called airdrop "fix" would have gone straight into the instaminers pockets!

Who would think to try to fix a scam with another scam? I have to say I may be coming around to the point of view that Evan is in fact brilliant.

I'll be adding this to my thread as evidence that the dash community is still misleading people about the history of the instamine.

Excellent point! I hadn't even realized... This just keeps getting better

BlockaFett, anything to say about this? Or are you just dismissing it in a fit of handwaving and "insanity"

IDK something about an air drop?  Did Evan steal a plain and go around dropping the "instamine" at random locations to cover his tracks?

Adam - You can play with the other children here for now, but they are especially angry right now (can't think why) so if they look like they are going after you, make sure you run home to Mr Flibbles.  Plus remember our deal I am paying you 3 bannanas a week to FUD the Dash thread every day so lets not spend too much time here.  Okay?
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:49:38 PM

This is quite an interesting post. Thank you for pointing it out. Darkcoin/dash advocates often claim that there was a vote on whether to airdrop the instamined coins, and the community voted against it. Therefore, they say, the instamine was "approved" by the community and is okay. However, look carefully at what was being proposed, and what the community rejected:

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold.

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone, create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

Furthermore he was proposing to give these coins not to outsiders, but only to existing holders or people who bought coins (which they would need to do from existing holders!), which means much of this so-called airdrop "fix" would have gone straight into the instaminers pockets!

Who would think to try to fix a scam with another scam? I have to say I may be coming around to the point of view that Evan is in fact brilliant.

I'll be adding this to my thread as evidence that the dash community is still misleading people about the history of the instamine.

BlockaFett, anything to say about this? Or are you just dismissing it in a fit of handwaving and "insanity"

IDK something about an air drop?  Did Evan steal a plain and go around dropping the "instamine" at random locations to cover his tracks?

Adam - You can play with the other children here for now, but they are especially angry right now (can't think why) so if they look like they are going after you, make sure you run home to Mr Flibbles.  Plus remember our deal I am paying you 3 bannanas a week to FUD the Dash thread every day so lets not spend too much time here.  Okay?

Stealing a plain? LOL

One thing these DASHtards have in common is their kindergarten grade grammar and vocabulary. Not to be a grammar nazi, it just goes towards the lack of intelligence needed to support a shitcoin like dash

Not to mention avoiding the actual facts and bringing up irrelevant topics, distractions, youtube videos and personal attacks
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:52:52 PM

Stealing a plain? LOL

One thing these DASHtards have in common is their kindergarden grade grammar and vocabulary. Not to be a grammar nazi, it just goes towards the lack of intelligence needed to support a shitcoin like dash

Dash is a scsam because my gramar and spelling is bad?  Is this new evidence that has come to light in the Trollero Grail-Quest?

Adam I am deducting 1 bannana from this week's remuneration.. Please don't let it happen again.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:02:29 PM

Dash is a scsam because my gramar and spelling is bad?  

Did i say that? Guess your understanding isn't up to par either Grin

Read it again. Slowly
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:04:18 PM

Dash is a scsam because my gramar and spelling is bad?  

Did i say that? Guess your understanding isn't up to par either Grin

Read it again. Slowly

So Dash isn't a scam then?  I thought it was cos Evan stole the plain and droppped the evidence?
paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:27:34 AM

Ethics, Moral, Fairness, Honesty? Why should anyone care about that stuff when there is profit! All is good, when profit is made. Right?
A whore won't accept fairness or ethics in exchange for a blowjob, so what good are they?

For an egoistical individual they may not seem important, for people who care about the world they are fundamental.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 12:52:17 PM

Ethics, Moral, Fairness, Honesty? Why should anyone care about that stuff when there is profit! All is good, when profit is made. Right?
A whore won't accept fairness or ethics in exchange for a blowjob, so what good are they?

For an egoistical individual they may not seem important, for people who care about the world they are fundamental.

A very good point. I'd add that even a sociopath or extremely egotistical person who does not care personally for ethics, morals, fairness, or principals would be foolish to ignore any of these influences when analyzing a situation (investing or otherwise) as they would be ignoring a prime motivator for most people and their myopic analysis would result in a faulty model.

In simpler terms, projecting your selfish motives onto all those involved leaves you with a skewed vision of reality.

In even simpler terms, different strokes for different folks.

And in really simple terms, greed is good until it isn't.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 05:06:16 PM

Evan with his Darkcoin shit attracts lowlifes, scums, and fraudsters like fly's to shit.

Just an example of Monero supporters' double standards:

Who cares if a botnet mines Monero? 99% of all coins have for sure been mined by botnets. Even bitcoin.
I'd say the botnet operators are smart and knows how to make money, that's why they mine it.

I don't care who mines my Monero any more than I care who mines my gold and silver.

Screaming their lungs out because coins were mined fast in the beginning, yet have no problems happily receiving stolen property for their own gain.
illodin

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:02:29 PM

Who cares if a botnet mines Monero? 99% of all coins have for sure been mined by botnets. Even bitcoin.
I'd say the botnet operators are smart and knows how to make money, that's why they mine it.

I don't care who mines my Monero any more than I care who mines my gold and silver.

Screaming their lungs out because coins were mined fast in the beginning, yet have no problems happily receiving stolen property for their own gain.

Another scam apologist. Apparently this one is too stupid to understand the difference between botnet mining, and a dev yelling "NO PREMINE" then instamining 575,500 coins in the first hour (1.5 million in the first 8 hours)

I understand the difference quite well. Apparently it is you who is too stupid.
http://bit.ly/1JtjJAn
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

Another scam apologist. Apparently this one is too stupid to understand the difference between botnet mining, and a dev yelling "NO PREMINE" then instamining 575,500 coins in the first hour (1.5 million in the first 8 hours)

Make a bigger deal out of it when anyone (including Evan) solves botnet mining. Also can he go back in time and relaunch his coin fairly so as you and the other apologists don't have to deflect so much? It must be tiring, but good, no rest for the devil and all.

illodin

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:28:44 AM

Make a bigger deal out of it when anyone (including Evan) solves botnet mining. Also can he go back in time and relaunch his coin fairly so as you and the other apologists don't have to deflect so much? It must be tiring, but good, no rest for the devil and all.

I believe a fast GPU or ASIC miner that makes CPU mining obsolete pretty much solves the botnet mining problem.

Time travel however is not yet possible AFAIK, which makes me think your crusade against instamine is running out of arguments. It must be tiring.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:33:58 AM

I believe a fast GPU or ASIC miner that makes CPU mining obsolete pretty much solves the botnet mining problem.

Time travel however is not yet possible AFAIK, which makes me think your crusade against instamine is running out of arguments. It must be tiring.

But wait, your argument is "stolen property" but there are plenty of DASH coins in existence that were mined before before the fast GPU miner. Those could be "stolen property" according to your theory right? If I buy DASH how do I know I'm not getting one of those? We also know for a fact that BTC, LTC and DOGE at least (and probably others) have been botnet mined on a fairly large scale. I can't buy those coins either? Seems quite limiting.

illodin

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:30:09 PM

But wait, your argument is "stolen property" but there are plenty of DASH coins in existence that were mined before before the fast GPU miner. Those could be "stolen property" according to your theory right? If I buy DASH how do I know I'm not getting one of those? We also know for a fact that BTC, LTC and DOGE at least (and probably others) have been botnet mined on a fairly large scale. I can't buy those coins either? Seems quite limiting.

I think I read somewhere that those early coins were instamined by Evan and not a botnet. It's possible that I remember wrong though.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:33:31 PM

I think I read somewhere that those early coins were instamined by Evan and not a botnet. It's possible that I remember wrong though.

Some of them (and I consider his actions surrounding the instamine questionable at best fraudulent at worst so that might be no better than a botnet).

What about BTC, LTC, and DOGE? All impossible to buy because of stolen property concerns. Those all had known botnets
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:36:16 PM

Thanks for this inspiring thread

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: