Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:29:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31372 times)
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:56:38 AM

All my coins were bought way, way after the instamine, it's actually one of the reasons I liked and invested in this coin, the likelihood that the devs had a good stake in making it work long term, which is being born out in practice.

Your statements don't add up. That address isn't linked to you at all, has inputs from the original instamine, kind of sketchy if you ask me but I won't make any conclusions.

When/If crypto gets regulated currencies like Dash would obviously not suceed anywhere. Scams like what happened with Dash dont usually work well with the average person adoption.

Then to make things even worse, there's still an address with inputs connected to the original instamine, and that address currently owns 11% of all Dash in existence:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm.

So now we can undeniably say that Dash/Darkcoin's distribution after the instamine is horrible.

Dash is simply a scam, the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

Holy shit, I checked the link and it's true!  When the ambush-miners are ready to leak/dump, you trashbag-holding guys better hope Otoh wants to buy (another) 11% of all the Dash in existence!

FUD FUD FUD - You really don't have a clue do you?

That address is mine, all my coins were bought long after any vote on instamine etc.

I've made it open and as obvious as possible, but I guess some of the dimmer pupils will always fail to see that.

Wow, I pity your life, such dedication to hate and just being a poisonous troll, I do hope that you realize you are making yourself probably quite sick in the long or even shorter term here, anyway GFY as always, Otoh Kiss

That's interesting, because I first found of that address here. If even Dash supporters don't know of someone owning 11% of the coin supply with inputs being linked back to the original instamine, then wow, you must be really transparent Otoh /s

I did a search with that address and found no links back to you Otoh, so it's either you're lying, trying to cover up who the real owner is, or...(?)because that address isn't linked to you at all, so you clearly have not made it as "obvious as possible".

I don't know, but there was an entity at least 9 months ago who was buying up coins, hitting numbers like pi 314159.... and I don't remember, the fibonacci sequence?  I can't recall.  But it's possible that this is the same account?  Anyone know?

Inputs go all the way back to one of the first miners it appears. Granted, I figured there were some large holders of around 3-4% but double digits and constantly rolling 1k vins forward into new masternodes doesn't strike me as incredibly healthy for a currency. I kinda figured Evan had around 200-300k coins presently (after clearing over a million in usd equivalent) with the chunks that went to the exchanges late april to early june but to still have a stockpile of coins this large is a bit shocking.
I might be stupid, but where is mistype/lie there?

Otoh said that he made is "as obvious as possible" that the address that owns 11% of all current Dash "coins" was his. Yet, when I did searches to find any connection whatsoever between that address and him, I found none (0). Therefore that statement was a lie or mistyped on Otoh's part and could signal him trying to cover up the owner of that address or something else, and because of that, I will take whatever he says furthermore very cautiously.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:08:59 AM

Stop being subjective, use only what's known, please and thank you. What's known is what turtle83 has recorded, saying anything otherwise like you have been, is stupid and illogical.

What is stupid and illogical is thinking a snapshot of nodes one client was seeing at a certain time is the total list of the nodes that were mining before and after the fact.

Someone owning 11% of all Dash coins, coupled with Dash having 35% of it's current coin supply stem from a 2 day instamine, is Horrible Distribution. Get real.

And how do you know how many people mined those 35%, and how many of them kept them all?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:10:45 AM

Wasn't otoh the guy who claimed to have dumped all of his XMR then posted an "after" screen shot where he was still hiding his XMR balance, or did I get him mixed up with some other troll?
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:19:12 AM

Stop being subjective, use only what's known, please and thank you. What's known is what turtle83 has recorded, saying anything otherwise like you have been, is stupid and illogical.

What is stupid and illogical is thinking a snapshot of nodes one client was seeing at a certain time is the total list of the nodes that were mining before and after the fact.

Someone owning 11% of all Dash coins, coupled with Dash having 35% of it's current coin supply stem from a 2 day instamine, is Horrible Distribution. Get real.

And how do you know how many people mined those 35%, and how many of them kept them all?

Ok let's recap what happened.

Evan released Dash before it's intended release date. He also released it so it could only be mined on Linux(Take note that 90%+ of all computers use Windows as the operating system). By those two factors, we can assume that not as many people mined Dash as they would have mined a coin that was released on time and available to mine on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Proof of this is in the Dash thread, where the first pages are riddled with users complaning and being unable to mine.

The only nodes we know of are the ones turtle83 noted, saying otherwise is foolish. There are no other soures to compare Turtle83's list of nodes to, therefore making any argument of "what if" irrelevant. Stop being subjective, thank you..
illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:26:53 AM

Evan released Dash before it's intended release date. He also released it so it could only be mined on Linux. By those two factors, we can assume that not as many people mined Dash as they would have mined a coin that was released on time and available to mine on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

The only nodes we know of are the ones turtle83 noted, saying otherwise is foolish. There are no other soures to compare Turtle83's list of nodes to, therefore making any argument of "what if" irrelevant. Stop being subjective, thank you..

You are stating it has horrible distribution as a fact. I just hoped you could somehow show that instead of assuming things the way that they conform with your agenda. I guess not then.

You can't make any other conclusion from the node list than at least those nodes were online at some point before turtle83 posted the list. Nothing else. Stop being stupid, thank you..
illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:27:32 AM

Wasn't otoh the guy who claimed to have dumped all of his XMR then posted an "after" screen shot where he was still hiding his XMR balance, or did I get him mixed up with some other troll?

What's the big deal with otoh's dump, botnets dump as much every couple of days and no one's getting outraged about it.
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:29:42 AM

Evan released Dash before it's intended release date. He also released it so it could only be mined on Linux(Take note that 90%+ of all computers use Windows as the operating system). By those two factors, we can assume that not as many people mined Dash as they would have mined a coin that was released on time and available to mine on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Proof of this is in the Dash thread, where the first pages are riddled with users complaning and being unable to mine.

Your Linux argument is void, anyone can use it so end of story.

With a name like ProsperityForAll it sounds like an oxymoron to me with the stance your taking...

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:33:49 AM

What's the big deal with otoh's dump, botnets dump as much every couple of days and no one's getting outraged about it.

I don't remember anyone being outraged. I do remember being surprised that he claimed to have dumped all of his XMR then posted an "after" screen shot where he was still hiding his XMR balance.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:37:17 AM

Your Linux argument is void, anyone can use it so end of story.

With a name like ProsperityForAll it sounds like an oxymoron to me with the stance your taking...

You're joking...right? The question isn't if something is available, it's what's already being used. Installing Linux would require you to boot from a flashdrive or install it on virtualbox, both of which for most people are unnecessary as shown by the statistics in which the overwhemingly majority of people use the windows operating system. Windows it the most widely used, Linux is one of the least used, therefore making Evan releasing Dash on Linux only as extremely questionable and probably done to optimize the amount of coins he would have been able to instamine.

Was it you or Brilliantrocket that stated you like scams as long as you get to benefit? Please stop the hypocrisy. I didn't know being against scams and fraudelent behavior/activity such as instamnes was a bad thing...well maybe to people like you.
illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:45:08 AM

You're joking...right? The question isn't if something is available, it's what's already being used. Installing Linux would require you to boot from a flashdrive or install it on virtualbox, both of which for most people are unnecessary as shown by the statistics on % of operating systems people use.

What's the Linux % statistics of crypto currency miners? That's the only relevant statistics. Whether your grandma uses Linux or Windows is irrelevant.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:48:02 AM

You're joking...right? The question isn't if something is available, it's what's already being used. Installing Linux would require you to boot from a flashdrive or install it on virtualbox, both of which for most people are unnecessary as shown by the statistics on % of operating systems people use.

What's the Linux % statistics of crypto currency miners? That's the only relevant statistics. Whether your grandma uses Linux or Windows is irrelevant.

That's the whole point, there is no statistics on the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux. The only source we have to look at is the % of overall people on this planet that use Linux/Windows, with more than 90% of all computers using the windows operating system...

Linux is less used than even OS X...
illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:50:46 AM

That's the whole point, there is no statistics on the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux. The only source we have to look at is the % of overall people on this planet that use Linux/Windows, with more than 90% of all computers using the windows operating system...

No we don't have to look at that source, and we actually should not look at it either as it's irrelevant. Similar to your list of nodes at a certain point of time.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:55:13 AM

No we don't have to look at that source, and we actually should not look at it either as it's irrelevant. Similar to your list of nodes at a certain point of time.

Ok, so you rather not use Objective evidence even if it's indirectly tied to the cryptoscene(Majority of computers use Windows>Majority of miners use Windows), but you rather use opinions... Great logic... /s....
illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:59:28 AM

Ok, so you rather not use Objective evidence even if it's indirectly tied to the cryptoscene(Majority of computers use Windows>Majority of miners use Windows), but you rather use opinions... Great logic... /s....

Your logic is like being in a power lifting forum, and assuming majority of the posters there can't bench their own weight.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:05:48 AM

Your logic is like being in a power lifting forum, and assuming majority of the posters there can't bench their own weight.

Again, your logic fails....The vast majority of users on this forum own not even 1 btc according to some polls conducted here. The vast majority of those involved with cryptocurrencies do not mine coins( if looking at the top bitcoin pools give any reasonable #'s of those mining), but it seems like you would expect the opposite since this is a bitcoin forum correct? Your entire argument is wrong...
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:07:50 AM

Funny how you remember some obscure post from months ago but you can't remember the half-dozen times I told you I don't hold or particularly care about Monero. Must be selective memory.

But you do care about CryptoNote and you are one of the most frequent attackers of Dash at the minute along with Smooth & the gang who value Cryptonote same as you.

The common factor of the people attacking Dash right now is - Cryptnote investors - and it all started when DRK made instant transactions and renamed to Dash and said it wasn't just about being an "anon coin" anymore and instead wanted to be the "mastercard to Bitcoin's visa".

So Cryptonote is quickly heading for the trash heap and the investors are angry. hence the massive attack on Dash recently.

QED

Nice theory. I'm sure the backlash against DASH has nothing to do with:

- its massive and deceptive instamine fraud
- lowering of total supply from 80 million to 20 million after launch
- lowering block emissions from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block after launch

Instaminers had their fill and then lowered the emission by 100 times. Great coin! Hurry up and attack Monero some more.

For weeks back in 2014 Dark/Dash was at sale for peanuts. I didnt mine, just bought some:

We made our distribution long ago. Stop with this "instamine" crap. The actual value of the coin is because the dedicated effort of Evan & team. This is no hard to understand.

I'm so sorry I'm smart enoght to see, more than year ago, that Evan is a good dev.  Others did the same.

You missed it. Get over it.

The I bought cheap or I saw lots of volume therefore the coin was fairly distributed argument, isn't proof of fair distribution--it is proof that the coin was cheap or there was lots of trading between accounts that may or may not have been the same person(s).  The you're just jealous because I got cheap coins argument doesn't invalidate the instamine either and is annoyingly presumptuous at best. The it's only Monero supporters argument still doesn't invalidate the instamine, nor does the noob account argument, or even the random troll on a FUD campaign argument--in fact the only thing that can invalidate the instamine would be to not have done it or relaunched the coin after the problem was found, but Evan (the guy you keep calling brilliant or a genius) couldn't figure that much out at the time and now you're stuck apologizing for him and angry at the wrong people because they're pointing out an obvious weakness if the coin were to ever attempt the heights of Bitcoin. If you want to be mad, look in the mirror or at Evan, but don't pretend that somehow, someway anyone involved in Monero thinks dash is a good anonymity coin or that Bitcoin is worried about you stealing their market cap; there aren't enough name changes to skew your masternodes into a good anonymous system and Otoh can only prop you up so much and for so long.  But as long as you believe that Evan is a god compared to Satoshi and that overly complex systems are great for the world's transactions and nobody in the media would ever question your shady beginnings on your ascent to Jupiter and beyond--as long as you have that, you have sucker bait. Keep on pimpin'.

I know my english is not very good, unfortunately English  is my third language. But, I know enough to know that I never said "brilliant or genius" or "god compared to satoshi". What are you smoking? I said "Evan is a good dev" And in this crappy alt-world this is a lot.

I all want is some respect for my community. As a dash supporter I feel every day bashed, insulted, injured by a bunch of kids who post the same FUD every day.

Fortunately markets and people are smart enough to understand it, and the Monero community are suffering for it. Your trolling behaviour as a group is beyond all bearing.

You don't like Dash? Is fine. I dont like Monero. All we need is to RESPECT EACH OTHER.

And yes, coins where distributed, because at the beggining of february 2014 Darkcoin was another crappy coin in the market noone care about. Thousands of coins where traded every day for peanuts, like crappy coins today.

You're so vain you probably think this thread is about you.... I was making a commentary on all (your faulty argument was just the starting point) the faulty arguments dash users use to try gloss over or distract people from the instamine. And no, you buying cheap coins is still not a valid proof that the coin is now fairly distributed. And no, we don't have to respect each other--I will never respect anyone who knowingly or foolishly invests in a coin with a strategically flawed launch that Evan tries to fix with name changes and buzz words or with Amway nodes that are a hindrance to privacy and security--all the while claiming he had a fair launch and his coin is good for privacy--I don't think anyone should respect that or invest in it or trust their privacy with it.

Please don't invest in Monero; you either don't get cryptosystems or don't care if you are supporting faulty systems. And this post was about you.

illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:10:40 AM

Again, your logic fails....The vast majority of users on this forum own not even 1 btc according to some polls conducted here. The vast majority of those involved with cryptocurrencies do not mine coins( if looking at the top bitcoin pools give any reasonable #'s of those mining), but it seems like you would expect the opposite since this is a bitcoin forum correct? Your entire argument is wrong...

You write words and sentences but when put together they don't make sense. If you don't know what to say you don't have to, you can just not post.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:16:56 AM

You write words and sentences but when put together they don't make sense. If you don't know what to say you don't have to, you can just not post.

Let's recap what you've said.

So far you've said that we need to look at the stats of the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux. I responded by saying there is no study done on the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux, and the next best source to look at is the overall # of users that users Linux worldwide, to which that number is around 1%, with over 90% of all operating systems used on desktops, laptops, netbooks, being Windows.

When it comes to the nodes listed by turtles83, you had the same illogical pattern of reasoning. You asked irrelevant questions of whether there were other nodes, etc, to which I replied that until another source comes forth to compare against turtles83 documentation, then having those questions is useless.

You must be trolling...or very...illogical. Take a coffee break.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:49:50 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 03:04:25 AM by smooth

I'll say that pretty much every single coin launch has and has had people asking about Windows binaries and complaining if they aren't there, so either there is a significant segment affected by that, or they are all trolling.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:55:11 AM

Speaking of nuggets of wisdon, how's this one?

Not just a dash scam sympathizer but Gox too. Still feel sorry for Mt Gox?

Or how about this gem, before you got rekt by gmaxwell

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency

Oh dear me

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: