Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31372 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:49:36 PM

Funny how you remember some obscure post from months ago but you can't remember the half-dozen times I told you I don't hold or particularly care about Monero. Must be selective memory.

But you do care about CryptoNote and you are one of the most frequent attackers of Dash at the minute along with Smooth & the gang who value Cryptonote same as you.

The common factor of the people attacking Dash right now is - Cryptnote investors - and it all started when DRK made instant transactions and renamed to Dash and said it wasn't just about being an "anon coin" anymore and instead wanted to be the "mastercard to Bitcoin's visa".

So Cryptonote is quickly heading for the trash heap and the investors are angry. hence the massive attack on Dash recently.

QED

Nice theory. I'm sure the backlash against DASH has nothing to do with:

- its massive and deceptive instamine fraud
- lowering of total supply from 80 million to 20 million after launch
- lowering block emissions from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block after launch

Instaminers had their fill and then lowered the emission by 100 times. Great coin! Hurry up and attack Monero some more.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:55:15 PM

Funny how you remember some obscure post from months ago but you can't remember the half-dozen times I told you I don't hold or particularly care about Monero. Must be selective memory.

But you do care about CryptoNote and you are one of the most frequent attackers of Dash at the minute along with Smooth & the gang who value Cryptonote same as you.

The common factor of the people attacking Dash right now is - Cryptnote investors - and it all started when DRK made instant transactions and renamed to Dash and said it wasn't just about being an "anon coin" anymore and instead wanted to be the "mastercard to Bitcoin's visa".

So Cryptonote is quickly heading for the trash heap and the investors are angry. hence the massive attack on Dash recently.

QED

Nice theory. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive, deceptive instamine fraud you keep promoting.

We know the Cryptonote attack on Dash is nothing to do with the Dash launch because Monero devs/you kept quiet about it for 14 months until they realized Dash was heading for the big league and they weren't.  Remember all the Cryptonote coins were released at a time when Dash was the only Anon coin and making a big market for itself last summer, long after the "instamine"...I guess you know this but Troll mode is still activated....please continue...
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:27:33 PM

QED

- lowering block emissions from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block after launch

Instaminers had their fill and then lowered the emission by 100 times. Great coin! Hurry up and attack Monero some more.

For weeks back in 2014 Dark/Dash was at sale for peanuts. I didnt mine, just bought some:

We made our distribution long ago. Stop with this "instamine" crap. The actual value of the coin is because the dedicated effort of Evan & team. This is no hard to understand.

I'm so sorry I'm smart enoght to see, more than year ago, that Evan is a good dev.  Others did the same.

You missed it. Get over it.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 07:05:04 PM

QED

For weeks back in 2014 Dark/Dash was at sale for peanuts. I didnt mine, just bought some:

We made our distribution long ago. Stop with this "instamine" crap. The actual value of the coin is because the dedicated effort of Evan & team. This is no hard to understand.

I'm so sorry I'm smart enoght to see, more than year ago, that Evan is a good dev.  Others did the same.

The I bought cheap or I saw lots of volume therefore the coin was fairly distributed argument, isn't proof of fair distribution--it is proof that the coin was cheap or there was lots of trading between accounts that may or may not have been the same person(s).  The you're just jealous because I got cheap coins argument doesn't invalidate the instamine either and is annoyingly presumptuous at best. The it's only Monero supporters argument still doesn't invalidate the instamine, nor does the noob account argument, or even the random troll on a FUD campaign argument--in fact the only thing that can invalidate the instamine would be to not have done it or relaunched the coin after the problem was found, but Evan (the guy you keep calling brilliant or a genius) couldn't figure that much out at the time and now you're stuck apologizing for him and angry at the wrong people because they're pointing out an obvious weakness if the coin were to ever attempt the heights of Bitcoin. If you want to be mad, look in the mirror or at Evan, but don't pretend that somehow, someway anyone involved in Monero thinks dash is a good anonymity coin or that Bitcoin is worried about you stealing their market cap; there aren't enough name changes to skew your masternodes into a good anonymous system and Otoh can only prop you up so much and for so long.  But as long as you believe that Evan is a god compared to Satoshi and that overly complex systems are great for the world's transactions and nobody in the media would ever question your shady beginnings on your ascent to Jupiter and beyond--as long as you have that, you have sucker bait. Keep on pimpin'.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

I would love to see how many of those are Monero supporters or dev's can we have name's of all the voters please? LOL

Cry"p"to in forums, here is a new deal for Monero developers i'll spend 20 bitcoins into Monero's dead coin "since they can't bring ANYTHING new to crypto" if they do give us something new like something would make me say WOW they are actually working and not copying from byte or other coins anymore; or changing a color of a copied "LOL" GUI wallet from red to blue LOOOOOOOOOOL

Incompetence does not bring smart money, so RIGHT NOW show me what is in ur agenda if you got nothing then stop creating new accounts bashing Evan or wasting time as developers you're just making Monero look really really bad with you're CRY"P"TO in forums lol.

I'll raise that to 30 BTC, Is it that hard to give the public you're next agenda? that of course if you had one.
Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero$ 3,489,080   $ 0.469919   7,424,855 XMR   $ 19,521   -5.20 %

Great having more of the community working hard as well.

~ 8k buy order just appeared @ .0118

Yup even the DASH community doing more work than all the current MONERO developers LOOOL

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
neordicICE

Activity: 505

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:06:35 PM

XMR is a scam too people. open eyes and see this.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:37:34 PM

QED

The I bought cheap or I saw lots of volume therefore the coin was fairly distributed argument, isn't proof of fair distribution--it is proof that the coin was cheap or there was lots of trading between accounts that may or may not have been the same person(s).  The you're just jealous because I got cheap coins argument doesn't invalidate the instamine either and is annoyingly presumptuous at best. The it's only Monero supporters argument still doesn't invalidate the instamine, nor does the noob account argument, or even the random troll on a FUD campaign argument--in fact the only thing that can invalidate the instamine would be to not have done it or relaunched the coin after the problem was found, but Evan (the guy you keep calling brilliant or a genius) couldn't figure that much out at the time and now you're stuck apologizing for him and angry at the wrong people because they're pointing out an obvious weakness if the coin were to ever attempt the heights of Bitcoin. If you want to be mad, look in the mirror or at Evan, but don't pretend that somehow, someway anyone involved in Monero thinks dash is a good anonymity coin or that Bitcoin is worried about you stealing their market cap; there aren't enough name changes to skew your masternodes into a good anonymous system and Otoh can only prop you up so much and for so long.  But as long as you believe that Evan is a god compared to Satoshi and that overly complex systems are great for the world's transactions and nobody in the media would ever question your shady beginnings on your ascent to Jupiter and beyond--as long as you have that, you have sucker bait. Keep on pimpin'.

I know my english is not very good, unfortunately English  is my third language. But, I know enough to know that I never said "brilliant or genius" or "god compared to satoshi". What are you smoking? I said "Evan is a good dev" And in this crappy alt-world this is a lot.

I all want is some respect for my community. As a dash supporter I feel every day bashed, insulted, injured by a bunch of kids who post the same FUD every day.

Fortunately markets and people are smart enough to understand it, and the Monero community are suffering for it. Your trolling behaviour as a group is beyond all bearing.

You don't like Dash? Is fine. I dont like Monero. All we need is to RESPECT EACH OTHER.

And yes, coins where distributed, because at the beggining of february 2014 Darkcoin was another crappy coin in the market noone care about. Thousands of coins where traded every day for peanuts, like crappy coins today.
AdamWhite

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:01:26 PM

Not sure how you can respect a dev that shouts NO PREMINE and then proceeds to instamine 575,500 coins in the first hour and 1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

But you support deception, and that's okay. Personally, I don't. I won't try to change your opinion, but I will do my part to make sure all the facts about what i consider one of the biggest scams in crypto history remain visible indefinitely, no matter how much you or anyone else cries about it and tries to blame on another coin.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:28:58 PM

Not sure how you can respect a dev....

You're not sure of very much at the best of times but I won't hold it against you. At least you can be relied upon for thread ballast if any is needed.

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:41:32 PM

Not sure how you can respect a dev that shouts NO PREMINE and then proceeds to instamine 575,500 coins in the first hour and 1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

But you support deception, and that's okay. Personally, I don't. I won't try to change your opinion, but I will do my part to make sure all the facts about what i consider one of the biggest scams in crypto history remain visible indefinitely, no matter how much you or anyone else cries about it and tries to blame on another coin.

We know for a fact the Dev didn't "instamine 575,500 coins in the first hour and 1.5 million in the first 8 hours" because it was a public re-launch and there were a thread full of people mining like any other BCT launch.  And 15 months ago there were a lot more than there are now...

Dash was launched fairly so everyone who was there could mine, not a premine.  The unfairness came with the block reward bug so the public launch miners got a large initial share, not unsuprising on a totally new algorithm / miner, and the dev was up front about it and the community voted on it.  And it was traded for pennies on the dollar for weeks afterwards and Dash has already had an ATH with massive redistribution which has been well-studied...and 15 months later the dev is still there doing the most innovation of any coin.

So tbh you sound like a 5 year old child who is just having a tantrum and presenting hysterical arguments as facts...If you want to prove Dash is a scam, you need to show that a) the dev mined a certain % of coins b) that is somehow a scam...when a lot of people are saying they *want* the Dash dev to have a big interest in making Dash a success and it's a free world so the community / market can do what they want without needing you to tell them...good luck.
AdamWhite

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:45:20 PM

Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).
Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:25:42 PM

Hey guys

Just trying out some new value propositions, can you help me out?

Monero - "The best-maintained clone of the Bytecoin scam.  Except we are not a scam, but *everything* else is."  

Monero - "Instant, private & secure bagholding, for free, anywhere in the world* (*min. requirements: 4 TB HD, 128 GB RAM, MS-DOS, 4 weeks sync time - or use Poloniex / FluffysMonero.com)"

Monero - "Longtime trollin', Endless syncing, Infinite Butthurt"

Monero - "Backed by NSA's Cryptonote, China Botnets, Journalist Devs, Ill-tempered Ork-army community, Poloniex (wait, that's unofficial)"

Monero - "You wanted active development & innovation? F*** You!"

Monero - "If only we had bought DASH instead of our shitcoins we wouldn't be hopping up and down with so much envy we could explode Sad Sad  Undecided  Cry   (this one was suggested by Smooth)

Monero - "The coin that trolls itself"

Should we do a poll?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong place, I just saw all the names and thought I was on the Monero thread.  Undecided

post of the year vote now no hate against monero i hold but found to funny Cheesy

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:40:25 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 11:56:46 PM by Prosperityforall

wrong

For a period of time during the instamine, Evan Duffield(Dash's dev) was the only person able to mine. We know he mined at least 300,000 coins in that time. You should really stop making false statements, if you look at the beginning of Dash's thread, there's a ton of users complaining about not being able to mine because of bugs/there not being windows wallets. So 15 months ago, there were hardly any users mining Dash during the instamine except Evan Duffield and co. of course.

Also, you do know that Evan launched Dash before it's intended date right? So it was also technically a premine and instamine in one.

Looking at the Darkcoin's dev, when people in Bitcointalk talk about the dev's instamine, and it is able to check via Abe explorer.
Today, he decided to do "Airdrop" 2,000,000 DRK ( are you kidding me ?, he instamine 2 millions darkcoins or almost 18 million USD)
Such a good dev, if people cannot catch his trick, he will definitely go with his instamine.

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold. We could use some kind of verification system like mastercoin (http://mastercoin-faucet.com/github-intro)
The airdrop would be a month or so into the future, so it would give users time to buy coins and become holders creating some demand. Also, we'd have a much larger market cap and the argument about the first 24 hours would become invalid.

How would you get a part of the airdrop?

- You must own 100DRK ( if you're new to Darkcoin but want to be part of the drop, you would need to purchase 100DRK ).

One of the following:
- Github: To redeem this reward, you need either at least three public repositories and your account must be older than August 1, 2013
- Reddit: To redeem this reward, you need a Reddit account with more than 100 karma.
- Bitcointalk: To redeem this reward you need an activity score above 10 as well as at least 10 posts

Any of these accounts would need to be created before April 1, 2014.
Vote!

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Edufield is nominee for the Master Scammer 2014 award!

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.

hehe they will accuse anyone to hide their scam...

LET THEM ARGUE WITH THESE FACTS

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

noob fools saying i think it is nice people mining early get more coins...lol you silly noobs.

you would all be crying when a coin comes out with no wallet and a HUGE HUGE HUGE % of minting is mined in 24hours that you will never have a chance at you silly people.

keep quiet over thing you don't understand.

Just print this to anything they say!!!!!!

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

the more they try to justify or excuse it the more people get to read about the scam..............

in the end they will accept it is best to shut up about it and hope people forget.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:02:31 AM

Ok, let's take a look at couple of the "facts" you're spamming around as proofs:

Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

The "proof" that "nobody could compile" is a link to a post, but read the very next post where the guy admits it was his own fault he couldn't compile, not Evan's:

Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update.

And then this "proof":

From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes at the time the user "turtle83" had made the list?

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes that had mined before the user "turtle83" had made the list?

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes that mined after (but still during the "instamine period") the user "turtle83" had made the list?

The ongoing OTC rate during the first weeks was 10k coins for 0.25 BTC, which makes the total worth of the "instamine" around 30 BTC.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:05:37 AM

Ok, let's take a look at couple of the "facts" you're spamming around as proofs:

The "proof" that "nobody could compile" is a link to a post, but read the very next post where the guy admits it was his own fault he couldn't compile, not Evan's:

Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update.

And then this "proof":

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes at the time the user "turtle83" had made the list?

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes that had mined before the user "turtle83" had made the list?

How do you know those nodes were the only nodes that mined after (but still during the "instamine period") the user "turtle83" had made the list?

The ongoing OTC rate during the first weeks was 10k coins for 0.25 BTC, which makes the total worth of the "instamine" around 30 BTC.

Until you find more nodes, then those questions are irrelevant. We have no other information, since your developer made no technical record of what happened(probably to try and cover it up more), but luckily the user turtle83 kept track of what happened.

The instamined coins were worth over 6million at the time of posting, he's obviously not talking about their worth during the first few weeks. There's also a guy(otoh?, but cant be too sure as he's already mistyped or lied before), that owns 11% of all Dash *coins* currently. Dash has horrible distribution.

Stop trolling.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:22:47 AM

[quote
 There's also a guy(otoh?, but cant be too sure as he's already mistyped or lied before)
[/quote]
What exactly he mistyped or lied?
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:24:10 AM

All my coins were bought way, way after the instamine, it's actually one of the reasons I liked and invested in this coin, the likelihood that the devs had a good stake in making it work long term, which is being born out in practice.

Your statements don't add up. That address isn't linked to you at all, has inputs from the original instamine, kind of sketchy if you ask me but I won't make any conclusions.

When/If crypto gets regulated currencies like Dash would obviously not suceed anywhere. Scams like what happened with Dash dont usually work well with the average person adoption.

Then to make things even worse, there's still an address with inputs connected to the original instamine, and that address currently owns 11% of all Dash in existence:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm.

So now we can undeniably say that Dash/Darkcoin's distribution after the instamine is horrible.

Dash is simply a scam, the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

Holy shit, I checked the link and it's true!  When the ambush-miners are ready to leak/dump, you trashbag-holding guys better hope Otoh wants to buy (another) 11% of all the Dash in existence!

FUD FUD FUD - You really don't have a clue do you?

That address is mine, all my coins were bought long after any vote on instamine etc.

I've made it open and as obvious as possible, but I guess some of the dimmer pupils will always fail to see that.

Wow, I pity your life, such dedication to hate and just being a poisonous troll, I do hope that you realize you are making yourself probably quite sick in the long or even shorter term here, anyway GFY as always, Otoh Kiss

That's interesting, because I first found of that address here. If even Dash supporters don't know of someone owning 11% of the coin supply with inputs being linked back to the original instamine, then wow, you must be really transparent Otoh /s

I did a search with that address and found no links back to you Otoh, so it's either you're lying, trying to cover up who the real owner is, or...(?)because that address isn't linked to you at all, so you clearly have not made it as "obvious as possible".

I don't know, but there was an entity at least 9 months ago who was buying up coins, hitting numbers like pi 314159.... and I don't remember, the fibonacci sequence?  I can't recall.  But it's possible that this is the same account?  Anyone know?

Inputs go all the way back to one of the first miners it appears. Granted, I figured there were some large holders of around 3-4% but double digits and constantly rolling 1k vins forward into new masternodes doesn't strike me as incredibly healthy for a currency. I kinda figured Evan had around 200-300k coins presently (after clearing over a million in usd equivalent) with the chunks that went to the exchanges late april to early june but to still have a stockpile of coins this large is a bit shocking.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:40:39 AM

Until you find more nodes, then those questions are irrelevant. We have no other information, since your developer made no technical record of what happened(probably to try and cover it up more), but luckily the user turtle83 kept track of what happened.

No, it doesn't work like that. turtle83's list was a snapshot of the nodes his client was seeing at a certain time. And for all we know, it's possible it wasn't even all the nodes he saw at that exact time, he might've just copy-pasted "enough" nodes for people to connect to.

The instamined coins were worth over 6million at the time of posting, he's obviously not talking about their worth during the first few weeks.

Obviously taking ATH price suits his and your agenda the best, so why not for the fairness sake consider the ATL as well?

There's also a guy(otoh?, but cant be too sure as he's already mistyped or lied before), that owns 11% of all Dash *coins* currently. Dash has horrible distribution.

It's a free market, no one can prevent someone from buying as many coins as they please. Having a strong hand and an investor is "horrible" when it's DASH, right?

Stop trolling.

As soon as you stop playing stupid.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:52:37 AM

All my coins were bought way, way after the instamine, it's actually one of the reasons I liked and invested in this coin, the likelihood that the devs had a good stake in making it work long term, which is being born out in practice.

Your statements don't add up. That address isn't linked to you at all, has inputs from the original instamine, kind of sketchy if you ask me but I won't make any conclusions.

When/If crypto gets regulated currencies like Dash would obviously not suceed anywhere. Scams like what happened with Dash dont usually work well with the average person adoption.

Then to make things even worse, there's still an address with inputs connected to the original instamine, and that address currently owns 11% of all Dash in existence:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm.

So now we can undeniably say that Dash/Darkcoin's distribution after the instamine is horrible.

Dash is simply a scam, the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

Holy shit, I checked the link and it's true!  When the ambush-miners are ready to leak/dump, you trashbag-holding guys better hope Otoh wants to buy (another) 11% of all the Dash in existence!

FUD FUD FUD - You really don't have a clue do you?

That address is mine, all my coins were bought long after any vote on instamine etc.

I've made it open and as obvious as possible, but I guess some of the dimmer pupils will always fail to see that.

Wow, I pity your life, such dedication to hate and just being a poisonous troll, I do hope that you realize you are making yourself probably quite sick in the long or even shorter term here, anyway GFY as always, Otoh Kiss

That's interesting, because I first found of that address here. If even Dash supporters don't know of someone owning 11% of the coin supply with inputs being linked back to the original instamine, then wow, you must be really transparent Otoh /s

I did a search with that address and found no links back to you Otoh, so it's either you're lying, trying to cover up who the real owner is, or...(?)because that address isn't linked to you at all, so you clearly have not made it as "obvious as possible".

I don't know, but there was an entity at least 9 months ago who was buying up coins, hitting numbers like pi 314159.... and I don't remember, the fibonacci sequence?  I can't recall.  But it's possible that this is the same account?  Anyone know?

Inputs go all the way back to one of the first miners it appears. Granted, I figured there were some large holders of around 3-4% but double digits and constantly rolling 1k vins forward into new masternodes doesn't strike me as incredibly healthy for a currency. I kinda figured Evan had around 200-300k coins presently (after clearing over a million in usd equivalent) with the chunks that went to the exchanges late april to early june but to still have a stockpile of coins this large is a bit shocking.
I might be stupid, but where is mistype/lie there?
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:54:10 AM

No, it doesn't work like that. turtle83's list was a snapshot of the nodes his client was seeing at a certain time. And for all we know, it's possible it wasn't even all the nodes he saw at that exact time, he might've just copy-pasted "enough" nodes for people to connect to.

The instamined coins were worth over 6million at the time of posting, he's obviously not talking about their worth during the first few weeks.

Obviously taking ATH price suits his and your agenda the best, so why not for the fairness sake consider the ATL as well?

There's also a guy(otoh?, but cant be too sure as he's already mistyped or lied before), that owns 11% of all Dash *coins* currently. Dash has horrible distribution.

It's a free market, no one can prevent someone from buying as many coins as they please. Having a strong hand and an investor is "horrible" when it's DASH, right?

Stop trolling.

As soon as you stop playing stupid.

Stop being subjective, use only what's known, please and thank you. What's known is what turtle83 has recorded, saying anything otherwise like you have been, is stupid and illogical.

Someone owning 11% of all Dash coins, coupled with Dash having 35% of it's current coin supply stem from a 2 day instamine, is Horrible Distribution. Get real.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: