Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:08:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:56:39 PM

Regardless of what envious bagholders of other coins say, I respect Evan more than any other person who's currently involved in cryptocurrency. He created value for others, and profited nicely as a result. His strategy was clearly superior to what the Monero team did. While the Monero devs have to solicit donations, Evan can hire top notch talent for Dash. Dash's emission is winding down, while Monero won't be under 3600 coins per day (Bitcoin's current daily emission) until early 2018!

Can't let people make a nice profit, because that wouldn't be fair! Can't reward early adopters, because later, some loser might get his panties in a twist! (Monero logic)
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

any premined coin like dash/DRK has an easier pumping path hence the marketcap looks bigger.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:34:35 AM

Evan can hire top notch talent for Dash..

Hasn't there been more than one of those 'top notch' talented folks up and left either quietly or from flawed claims?

Vertoe? Chaositec? Surely you can think of a few more.

Note that, although they've left, both are now working on different projects using an extremely similar codebase.

Interesting that the codebase is so similar, and they didn't seem to be run out by the community.

Seems the ability to 'hire top notch' talent doesn't come with much staying power.

Also, wouldn't 'top notch talent' choose to merge their own changes rather than continuously just merging in BTC changes? Didn't I just see a major update from bitcoin 10. pulled into the scram?

I mean, couldn't they just do the programming themselves instead of just steal other peoples work..?

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:44:21 AM

what evan hires are photoshop artists posting visual arts with darkcoin/dash all over it.
paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:12:43 AM

Regardless of what envious bagholders of other coins say, I respect Evan more than any other person who's currently involved in cryptocurrency. He created value for others, and profited nicely as a result. His strategy was clearly superior to what the Monero team did. While the Monero devs have to solicit donations, Evan can hire top notch talent for Dash. Dash's emission is winding down, while Monero won't be under 3600 coins per day (Bitcoin's current daily emission) until early 2018!

Can't let people make a nice profit, because that wouldn't be fair! Can't reward early adopters, because later, some loser might get his panties in a twist! (Monero logic)

Ethics, Moral, Fairness, Honesty? Why should anyone care about that stuff when there is profit! All is good, when profit is made. Right?
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:20:45 AM

However, anyone who has any clue about how money works, how the gold market works, or what base money vs credit money is all about, would instantly understand that Cryptonote is a recipe for the wholesale corruption of electronic money by removing the public blockchain from public scrutiny.

I don't think you're qualified to express that as a fact. While that's clearly your own personal prerogative, I'd like you to please explain in detail how cryptonote permanently 'removes the public blockchain from public scrutiny', in any way?

It's pretty obvious, IMO, that cryptonote more 'represents a threat to your bag', more than represents any threat whatsoever to some kind of inability for the public to scrutinize transactions.

If anything, off-chain mixing of transactions would obscure the blockchain from public scrutiny, because the mixing is done offline. There is no traceable history for the public, short of someone saying 'well I sent this money to this address, which went to that address, which went to probably that address, which um ... might have gone to that address, to ahh...this one for sure, and finally um yeah those guys got my money!

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:37:37 AM

Ethics, Moral, Fairness, Honesty? Why should anyone care about that stuff when there is profit! All is good, when profit is made. Right?
A whore won't accept fairness or ethics in exchange for a blowjob, so what good are they?
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:40:11 AM

A whore won't accept fairness or ethics in exchange for a blowjob, so what good are they?

What a charmer. You sound like a real scumbag. Dash supporter.. makes perfect sense  Roll Eyes
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:44:29 AM

What a charmer. You sound like a real scumbag. Dash supporter.. makes perfect sense  Roll Eyes
I'm a supporter of whoever will make me money. If the Monero team gets their act together in the future, I'll support Monero. It'll be hard to give up the masternode income from Dash, though.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:04:04 AM

Most of the scammers are behind Darkcoin/Dash just to be fiat rich. No surprise they are not going far because pathetic greed is there at the start
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 08:22:57 AM

I'm a supporter of whoever will make me money. If the Monero team gets their act together in the future, I'll support Monero. It'll be hard to give up the masternode income from Dash, though.

Join my Amway nodes and make me rich!

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:35:00 AM

Please vote.

Did he really instamine?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:19:50 AM

Please vote.

Did he really instamine?

Was the coin instamined? Yes:

www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin

How much was his is debatable, but here's this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

And this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:40:48 AM

Please vote.

Did he really instamine?

Here's the graph of the actual mining on the first two days. It adds up to 2 million in around 30 hours.

Here's Evan offering 5000 coins to compile the code a few hours after launch, so yes he was obviously instamining:

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Do you think he regrets it?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:43:51 AM

Would depend on how much he made.  I would say yes he regretted not instamining more.  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:50:42 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 10:21:01 AM by smooth

This is quite an interesting post. Thank you for pointing it out. Darkcoin/dash advocates often claim that there was a vote on whether to airdrop the instamined coins, and the community voted against it. Therefore, they say, the instamine was "approved" by the community and is okay. However, look carefully at what was being proposed, and what the community rejected:

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold.

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone, create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

Furthermore he was proposing to give these coins not to outsiders, but only to existing holders or people who bought coins (which they would need to do from existing holders!), which means much of this so-called airdrop "fix" would have gone straight into the instaminers pockets!

Who would think to try to fix a scam with another scam? I have to say I may be coming around to the point of view that Evan is in fact brilliant.

I'll be adding this to my thread as evidence that the dash community is still misleading people about the history of the instamine.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 10:25:22 AM

This is quite an interesting post. Thank you for pointing it out. Darkcoin/dash advocates often claim that there was a vote on whether to airdrop the instamined coins, and the community voted against it. Therefore, they say, the instamine was "approved" by the community and is okay. However, look carefully at what was being proposed, and what the community rejected:

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold.

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone,  create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

Furthermore he was proposing to give these coins not to outsiders, but only to existing holders or people who bought coins (which they would need to do from existing holders!), which means much of this so-called airdrop "fix" would have gone straight into the instaminers pockets!

Who would think to try to fix a scam with another scam? I have to say I may be coming around to the point of view that Evan is in fact brilliant.

I'll be adding this to my thread as evidence that the dash community is still misleading people about the history of the instamine.

He's brilliant at human engineering. Though I don't think he counted on the instamine sticking through the first rebranding of Xcoin to Dark and attempting a second rebrand to fix (erase) it is just doubling down on a failed policy. What's fascinating is that his followers are the same people who post on (bump) this thread but are too stupid to realize that each time they do it, it brings more attention to the instamine which is one of Dash's Achilles' heels--they probably won't even read this correctly (or at all) and keep posting angry responses. It's like they say, "Better to have smart enemies than stupid friends."

I also wonder when Evan will exit with his profit? He has to know that a better/fairer masternode reward system will (if not already) be implemented in another coin and that the greed that drove people to his coin will drive them to another coin just as easily. I think the next poll should be: "Does Evan leave Dash with yacht money or space-yacht money?"

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:52:18 AM

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone,  create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

He's brilliant at human engineering. Though I don't think he counted on the instamine sticking through the first rebranding of Xcoin to Dark and attempting a second rebrand to fix (erase) it is just doubling down on a failed policy. What's fascinating is that his followers are the same people who post on (bump) this thread but are too stupid to realize that each time they do it, it brings more attention to the instamine which is one of Dash's Achilles' heels--they probably won't even read this correctly (or at all) and keep posting angry responses. It's like they say, "Better to have smart enemies than stupid friends."

I also wonder when Evan will exit with his profit? He has to know that a better/fairer masternode reward system will (if not already) be implemented in another coin and that the greed that drove people to his coin will drive them to another coin just as easily. I think the next poll should be: "Does Evan leave Dash with yacht money or space-yacht money?"

wow, just one page and this has gone insane

Generalize - you should try to sit back and relax, looks like you have your own problems to deal with without worrying about the wellbeing of Dash investors so much.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 10:57:15 AM

wow, just one page and this has gone insane

Generalize - you should try to sit back and relax, looks like you have your own problems to deal with without worrying about the wellbeing of Dash investors so much.
I knew it would be you blocka--no impulse control whatsoever! I was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dY52NiYvU

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:30:07 PM

He was not proposing to airdrop the instamined coins at all, not even his share of them. He was offering to leave the instamined coins alone, create another 2 million coins out of thin air, and airdrop those. As if creating more coins out of thin air was going to fix the original instamine scam?!

Excellent point! I hadn't even realized... This just keeps getting better

BlockaFett, anything to say about this? Or are you just dismissing it in a fit of handwaving and "insanity"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: