Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:23:07 PM

So, is it fair to say pretty much all alt coins are fraud?

(Sigh) This what the scammers would like everyone to believe, but you can do your own research.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

I like this bit:

"When your cryptocurrency is enriching the few for the sake of the rest of us, how is that different that the USD and basic economic configuration today? "

So that's almost an exact definition of a crippled miner launch, where the devs enrich themselves over and above that of the miners.  Which is what happened in Monero's case: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1034864.msg11264770#msg11264770

Second, that article is a year old and the author says: NOTE: Mining of coins is ONLY ONE ASPECT OF A COIN.

then where he says:  Hopefully one can see after reading this article that coins like Novacoin, Goldcoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, etc are obviously bad investments.

Now year later the dev is still there and 'Darkcoin' is the top alt after LTC...wheras Nova, Gold, Black all gone.  So he was right about some coins...

And when everyone admits that dash was instamined, that the masternode incentive package encourages masternode operators to attack other mastenodes to gain the most profit, when everyone realizes that masternodes are centralizing in nature and have no business in a cryptosystem, then you'll get your race to the bottom and devtome's analysis proving correct--in the meantime keep distracting everyone of your coin's awfulness like a backstreetboy pointing to record sales and how many tone-deaf twelve-year-olds send them fan-mail.

If you say so Generalize.  But seeing a you invested in a coin where the devs themelves have Troll all day just for attention and can't even work out how to get a basic wallet working they cloned 1 year ago, while volume dries up almost completely and a few huge support walls from Warz on Poloniex, i'm fine for investment advice thank Smiley
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:23:42 PM

Saturday night approaching Trollz...you will have to talk amongst yourself about Monero now Sad
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:15:05 PM

Saturday night approaching Trollz...you will have to talk amongst yourself about Monero now Sad

For some Trollero home -

The Trolleros can take a look at the Monero pre-ann which says the emissions will follow the same path as bitcoin, but when it was scam launched the rate of emissions was changed to be completely opposite.

80% in the first 4 years, most of that coming in the first year.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. The devs who were around at the time and are still around would rather sweep the truth under the carpet so they can keep goading the Trolleros and making them pack hunters.

What is it they keep saying, to ignore a scam is to be part of the scam.  Well they are all ignoring the Proven Monero Scam Launch. Can't hide it anymore I'm afraid

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 08:35:24 PM

I love how this tard just keeps re-posting this meme without realizing that it looks like a dash-shill sweeping the truth of the dash instamine by trying to sweep it under the rug by falsely labeling another coin as a scam without any hard evidence.

Still facts:

--over 500,000 dash were mined in the first hour.

--over 1,500,000 dash were mined in the first 8  hours.

Keep projecting your scaminess onto other coins to hide the facts and see how many smart people get fed up and say so.

Where are the numbers to back your claims?

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:39:34 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 05:29:08 PM by Prosperityforall

Let me sum it up entirely:

Dash:

Evan Duffield who is Dash's developer, released Dash before it's intended release date and started mining it then. This means Dash also has a premine as well. During the first 2 days of Dash's existence, there was 500 coins per block that was being mined, and from that, 2million+ coins were mined. After 2million+ coins were mined in the first 2 days, the 500 coins per block output was reduced/sliced and diced to under 100, instantly making those instamined/premined coins worth more. Then to make things worse, the max coin supply was cut from avg. 80million to 20million. However, the likely scam/fraud didn't finish then, as all of that was done while mining was restricted to Linux-only users(90%+ of all people use Windows), and for a period of time, the only person able to mine Dash was it's developer, Evan Duffield, as the public miner wasn't working.  

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm. So besides the fact that close to 40% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days, there's also a guy that owns 11% of all dash. So practically 50% of all Dash *coins* are/were owned by the instaminers and 1 person, that's an absolute despicable distribution.

Monero:

Thankful-for-Today released Monero as a fork from Bytecoin. Bytecoin had a deoptimized miner and so this miner was transferred onto Monero. There is no report of Thankful-for-Today taking advantage of that at all, as the github has been untouched, and Thankful-for-Today has nothing to do with the current 7 member Monero dev team. Some people that mined at this time made their own miners since they had the skill for it, and they also released a public article and presented the fact that they sold all the coins that they mined during this period.

What to gain from that? Well, Monero's distribution is superior than most other cryptocurrencies, as the coins mined early on in this period were all sold to an array of new buyers, negating any effects of the deoptimized miner. Also, Monero's beginnings is Subjective, as there's no clear evidence that Thankful-for-Today even knew the miner was deoptimized in the first place when he forked it from Bytecoin.

Conclusion:
Everything said against Monero's Launch is Subjective and Opinionated, just like saying "Satoshi worked for the NSA" is subjective and an opinion. However, everything said against Dash's Launch is Objective as the history is recorded in the blockchain, Dash did have an extremely controversial instamine/premine and that's a fact.

If any trolls argue against either/or, please show them this post.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:47:40 PM

Dash:

Evan Duffield who is Dash's developer, released Dash before it's intended release date and started mining it then. This means Dash also has a premine as well. During the first 2 days of Dash's existence, there was 500 coins per block that was being mined, and from that, 2million+ coins were mined. After 2million+ coins were mined in the first 2 days, the 500 coins per block output was reduced/sliced and diced to under 100, instantly making those instamined/premined coins worth more. Then to make things worse, the max coin supply was cut from avg. 80million to 20million. However, the likely scam/fraud didn't finish then, as all of that was done while mining was restricted to Linux-only users(90%+ of all people use Windows), and for a period of time, the only person able to mine Dash was it's developer, Evan Duffield, as the public miner wasn't working.  

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm

Monero:

Thankful-for-Today released Monero as a fork from Bytecoin. Bytecoin had a deoptimized miner and so this miner was transferred onto Monero(making it unoptimized technically). There is no report of Thankful-for-Today taking advantage of that at all, as the github has been untouched, and Thankful-for-Today has nothing to do with the current 7 member Monero dev team. The people that mined at this time make their own optimized miners since they had the skill for it, and they also released a public article and presented the fact that they sold all the coins that they mined during this period.

What to gain from that? Well, Monero's distribution is superior than most other cryptocurrencies, as the coins mined early on in this period were all sold to an array of new buyers, negating any effects of the unoptimized miner. Also, Monero's beginnings is Subjective, as there's no clear evidence that Thankful-for-Today even knew the miner was deoptimized in the first place when he forked it from Bytecoin.

Conclusion:
Everything said against Monero's Launch is Subjective and Opinionated, just like saying "Satoshi worked for the NSA" is subjective and an opinion. However, everything said against Dash's Launch is Objective as the history is recorded in the blockchain, Dash did have an extremely controversial instamine/premine and that's a fact.

So the Monero team did a better job of covering their scam up by using plausible deniability? You know what, I can respect that. Might even buy some more Monero. I think Dash could have benefited if Evan did the same thing. Just have his "incompetent" buddy launch the thing, then stage a community takeover. Slick move, Monero devs.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

Dash:

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm

Monero:

Thankful-for-Today released Monero as a fork from Bytecoin. Bytecoin had a deoptimized miner and so this miner was transferred onto Monero(making it unoptimized technically). There is no report of Thankful-for-Today taking advantage of that at all, as the github has been untouched, and Thankful-for-Today has nothing to do with the current 7 member Monero dev team. The people that mined at this time make their own optimized miners since they had the skill for it, and they also released a public article and presented the fact that they sold all the coins that they mined during this period.

What to gain from that? Well, Monero's distribution is superior than most other cryptocurrencies, as the coins mined early on in this period were all sold to an array of new buyers, negating any effects of the unoptimized miner. Also, Monero's beginnings is Subjective, as there's no clear evidence that Thankful-for-Today even knew the miner was deoptimized in the first place when he forked it from Bytecoin.

Conclusion:

So the Monero team did a better job of covering their scam up by using plausible deniability? You know what, I can respect that. Might even buy some more Monero.

Are you slow or trolling like everyone else? The Monero dev team did not release Monero. Thankful-for-Today did. Even then, saying it was a "scam" is Subjective and a stretch, as the only thing that was controversial was the deoptimized miner, to which Thankful-for-Today did not take advtange of.

It's always interesting to see forum trolls trying to twist up comments and create false perceptions.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:53:30 PM

Are you slow or trolling like everyone else? The Monero dev team did not release Monero. Thankful-for-Today did. Even then, saying it was a "scam" is Subjective and a stretch, as the only thing that was controversial was the deoptimized miner, to which Thankful-for-Today did not take advtange of.
Read the last part of my post. I'd bet that TFT was just a shill account that was actually owned by one of the current Monero devs. Convenient that he stopped posting right after the Monero takeover. Don't get me wrong, this makes me respect Monero more.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:54:45 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 09:08:46 PM by Prosperityforall

Read the last part of my post. I'd bet that TFT was just a shill account that was actually owned by one of the current Monero devs. Convenient that he stopped posting right after the Monero takeover. Don't get me wrong, this makes me respect Monero more.

I also bet that Satoshi was a NSA agent and shill account, who conviently left right after Gavin Anderson went to have that meeting with the CIA. Stop trolling.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:00:14 PM

I also bet that Satoshi was a NSA agent and shill account, who conviently left right after Gavin Anderson went to have that meeting with the CIA. Stop trolling.
And that's why I respect the way that the Monero team conducted their scam. Plausible deniability. Honestly, I'd prefer if it went the way I think it went. Otherwise, it just shows incompetence on the part of the Monero team. "We don't like the Bytecoin scam, so we'll just take over a copy/paste clone without vetting its code!" Genius!
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:07:56 PM

k

Ok, so you resort to trolling and conspiracy theories. I'm sure Satoshi was also Gavin Anderson's twin brother from an alternate future. After all, it shows incompetance on Satoshi that Bitcoin's code wasn't vetted enough to allow for the bug that created billions of Bitcoins right?

Trolling/Conspiracy Theories isn't getting you anywhere.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:11:29 PM

Ok, so you resort to trolling and conspiracy theories. I'm sure Satoshi was also Gavin Anderson's twin brother from an alternate future. After all, it shows incompetance on Satoshi that Bitcoin's code wasn't vetted enough to allow for the bug that created billions of Bitcoins right?

Scam or incompetence, pick one. I respect scammers, so I hope it was a scam.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:13:57 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 09:24:18 PM by Prosperityforall

Scam or incompetence, pick one. I like scams and celebrate scammers (as long as I get to benefit Wink ), so I hope it was a scam.

You're pathetic. Please leave, I don't like to associate myself with those who like benefitting at the prospect of something being a scam. I suppose you also would engage in things like identity theft, carding, and others as long as you benefit right? Get lost, with your mindset you'll end up in jail in no time.

EDIT: Oh looky here, you're a Dash supporter. What a surprise, now everything you've said about yourself liking scams makes sense.

EDIT: I also hope you don't mind me quoting your posts as soon as you post them, as it seems I've caught you right before you erased a statement you typed earlier about liking scams as long as you get to benefit. Don't get yourself in trouble with the law...
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 09:16:33 PM

And that's why I respect the way that the Monero team conducted their scam. Plausible deniability. Honestly, I'd prefer if it went the way I think it went. Otherwise, it just shows incompetence on the part of the Monero team. "We don't like the Bytecoin scam, so we'll just take over a copy/paste clone without vetting its code!" Genius!

I love how you assume something is fact because it's how you want it to have happened--do you still believe in Santa Clause because you want to believe rich kids get better gifts because poor kids are inherently worse? Or was naughty rewarded and nice punished when you skewed the story in your mind?

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:17:20 PM

You're pathetic. Please leave, I don't like to associate myself with those who like benefitting at the prospect of something being a scam. I suppose you also would engage in things like identity theft, carding, and others as long as you benefit right? Get lost.
No, I only respect scams that are within the law. I would not respect a shoplifter, but if someone can go into a restaurant and figure out a way to legally get free food, I would respect that. I don't respect a bank robber, but I do respect a lawyer who uses a technicality to extract millions of dollars from some company.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:18:17 PM

You're pathetic. Please leave, I don't like to associate myself with those who like benefitting at the prospect of something being a scam. I suppose you also would engage in things like identity theft, carding, and others as long as you benefit right? Get lost.
No, I only respect scams that are within the law. I would not respect a shoplifter, but if someone can go into a restaurant and figure out a way to legally get free food, I would respect that.

The definition of a scam is something that is illegal/not within the law. You're not even making sense troll.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:23:39 PM

No, I only respect scams that are within the law. I would not respect a shoplifter, but if someone can go into a restaurant and figure out a way to legally get free food, I would respect that.

The definition of a scam is something that is illegal/not within the law. You're not even making sense troll.
Not necessarily. If I buy something, and then tell the seller that I was not satisfied, and they give me free stuff, that's 100% legal. If someone convinces others to buy tokens that were generated at zero cost, that's 100% within the law. There are many forms of trickery that allow one to benefit, and yet they're completely within the law.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:25:36 PM

Not necessarily. If I buy something, and then tell the seller that I was not satisfied, and they give me free stuff, that's 100% legal. If someone convinces others to buy tokens that were generated at zero cost, that's 100% within the law.

You stated you like scams. A scam by definition is something that is not within the law/illegal. Now you're saying otherwise and talking about loopholes...(?) I've already quoted what you said so there's no going back...
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:29:34 PM

You stated you like scams. A scam by definition is something that is not within the law/illegal. Now you're saying otherwise and talking about loopholes...(?) I've already quoted what you said so there's no going back...
I'm not going back. I respect those who are able to exploit the stupidity of others. There are many ways to do this legally. And a scam does not have to be illegal. Otherwise all you Monero trolls are using it incorrectly in describing Dash. There is nothing illegal about what Duffield did.
Prosperityforall

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:30:50 PM

I'm not going back. I respect those who are able to exploit the stupidity of others. There are many ways to do this legally.

And a scam, to which you've stated you like as long as you get to benefit, is by definition: Illegal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: