Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:56:52 PM

No character change really. illodin knew back then what was up, he just didn't care as long as he got a piece of the pie.

Nothing wrong with this. The community decided it was legitimate, and that's all that matters.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:02:28 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 11:44:33 AM by smooth

No character change really. illodin knew back then what was up, he just didn't care as long as he got a piece of the pie.

Nothing wrong with this. The community decided it was legitimate, and that's all that matters.

I don't disagree, I don't see anything illodin did (or you have done) wrong here, aside from maybe denying the instamine which is misleading to other investors (who I don't really care about; caveat emptor, ya know) and noobs (who I do care about because if this community doesn't grow, it dies, and unfortunately there seems to be a bit of that going on now).

It's particularly disingenuous for illodin to deny the instamine being by design, since he correctly identified it for what it was right from the beginning.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:03:24 AM

I was mining on almost every coin's launch at the time, and almost every time there were some sort of problems. Even the most optimistic person becomes cynical when the 50th launch in a row goes haywire. Wink

I'm not sure if anyone is denying instamine/fastmine happened, and why would they, as the blockchain shows how many coins have been mined and when.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:10:04 AM

I was mining on almost every coin's launch at the time, and almost every time there were some sort of problems. Even the most optimistic person becomes cynical when the 50th launch in a row goes haywire. Wink

Only the most disingenuous person now claims those launch "problems" were accidents because it being a deliberate scheme sabotages Dash's pipe dream investor sales pitch of mainstream adoption.

You predicted an instamine without compiled wallets, deliberately to help the developer to instamine. Then followed an instamine that did not have compiled wallets. Draw your own conclusion.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:14:13 AM

Not really. There's still that address that owns 11% of all current Dash(es(?)). It's said to be claimed by otoh, but there's absolutely no link between him and that address, and there's inputs from that address to the instamine. You can go through my history to see the post betweem myself and him. He claimed that the address was known to be his, but subsequent searches show absolutely no links between the address and himself. So he either mistyped or is lying. That puts into debate whether the address and the coins contained in it was involved in the instamine. That also puts Dash's entire distribution after the instamine to debate, as someone owning 11% of all Dash is very bad for distribution regardless.

This is going from Objective to Subjective, but if that much amazon cloud services was thrown at Dash, then Xcoin at the time, when it was the same as any other clonecoin, it would probably give reason to suspect that some users might have known or guessed that Dash would propel in price in the future for whatever reason. The only people I can think of who would know this would be the developer(Evan Duffield) and friends of him(Anonymity focusing coins was almost unheard of previously excusing Zerocoin/cash).
[/i]

Not really what?

?

Not really in that everyone saw the coins as worthless which I elaborated on. There's hardly any reports of Evan Duffield selling his coins, his partner still kept coins, and the amazon and microsoft services thrown at the coin during the instamine pretty much show the opposite.

His partner was selling coins though and even talking about it.

There's no reports of me selling any coins either. Yet I have. Weird.

Again objective, we've seen no reports of him selling therefore we have no compelling reason to believe he has. If even a investor Otoh still has 11% of Dash's current coin supply, and hasn't sold much(If we are to believe his controversial statements), then I find no reason to believe Evan sold much either. His partner Internet Ape also kept coins, around 100k? I'll have to check his posts.

"Again objective, we've seen no reports of him selling therefore we have no compelling reason to believe he has."

This is utter gibberish. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence and this is about as far away from objective you can go - You answer in the negative and say that's objective, you mix up objective and subjective - Prosperity not being rude by nearly everything you write is gibberish and then when people point it out to you, you call them stupid.  Just sayin :/
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:16:13 AM

I don't disagree, I don't see anything illodin (or you) have done wrong here, aside from maybe denying the instamine which is misleading to other investors (who I don't really care about; caveat emptor, ya know) and noobs (who I do care about because if this community doesn't grow, it dies, and unfortunately there seems to be a bit of that going on now).

It's particularly disingenuous for illodin to deny the instamine being by design, since he correctly identified it for what it was right from the beginning.

Love Smooth saying he cares about noobs in the Dash community because Dash community is dying - it's like everything is oppossite for Monero.

Smooth - your volume on Bittrex was down to $8 today...Monero is dying - Dash is the top alt after LTC...hello?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:21:34 AM

I don't disagree, I don't see anything illodin (or you) have done wrong here, aside from maybe denying the instamine which is misleading to other investors (who I don't really care about; caveat emptor, ya know) and noobs (who I do care about because if this community doesn't grow, it dies, and unfortunately there seems to be a bit of that going on now).

Love Smooth saying he cares about noobs in the Dash community because Dash community is dying - it's like everything is oppossite for Monero.

I wasn't talking about Dash, or Monero, you retard. I was talking about cryptocurrencies generally.

Smooth - your volume on Bittrex was down to $8 today...Monero is dying - Dash is the top alt after LTC...hello?

Another stupid comment. Here's Dash trading with $1 volume:

Code:
Coin  Exchange    Volume
DASH  Bleutrade   $ 1
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:28:42 AM

Code:
Coin  Exchange    Volume
DASH  Bleutrade   $ 1
Lol. Smooth, I haven't even heard of that exchange before. Look at Poloniex instead. On XMR's primary exchange (!!!), Dash is at 26 BTC volume, and XMR is at 40 BTC volume. Dash is catching up on an exchange that is the go to place for Monero!
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:38:27 AM

I wasn't talking about Dash, or Monero, you retard. I was talking about cryptocurrencies generally.

Code:
Coin  Exchange    Volume
DASH  Bleutrade   $ 1

Except that Monero's $8 volume earlier today was on an exchange that is trading with $152k. 

That means Monero volume is like ~0.001% of Bittrex's volume, and why you have to scroll to page 11 on Trex markets list.

Strange that all your Monero volume is on Poloniex (because we don't count HitBTC according to Fluffy)

About Bleutrade, not sure why you are trying to compare that to Bittrex as any measure, it's les than 1% of the volume...   

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:49:25 AM

I actually feel bad for Monero, because I think the developers are generally good people. It doesn't seem like they're in it exclusively for the money, judging by how much of their time and funds they put into a project that isn't expected to yield profits for a while. They could easily make pump and dump garbage, yet they work on boring (but very necessary) stuff like making a better database for Monero. If they didn't go around and shit on Dash all day, I'd be at peace with them. And I feel like the antagonism between the two coins could at least begin to subside.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:04:17 AM

Code:
Coin  Exchange    Volume
DASH  Bleutrade   $ 1
Lol. Smooth, I haven't even heard of that exchange before. Look at Poloniex instead. On XMR's primary exchange (!!!), Dash is at 26 BTC volume, and XMR is at 40 BTC volume. Dash is catching up on an exchange that is the go to place for Monero!

The point is he cherry picked the lowest volume exchange for XMR, which was silly and dumb. Sorry I had to explain that, thought it was obvious.

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:14:50 AM

The point is he cherry picked the lowest volume exchange for XMR, which was silly and dumb. Sorry I had to explain that, thought it was obvious.

It may be the lowest volume exchange for Monero, but it's still a somewhat popular exchange. I have an account there, although I haven't used it in quite a while. Either way, antagonizing Dash does not seem to be benefiting Monero much. I feel like you're expecting your actions to result in negative consequences for Dash. But the only thing that will bring down Dash is a glaring failure with Darksend, or an undeniably superlative competitor. Flinging shit only results in both parties becoming covered in shit.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:40:19 AM

It may be the lowest volume exchange for Monero, but it's still a somewhat popular exchange. I have an account there, although I haven't used it in quite a while. Either way, antagonizing Dash does not seem to be benefiting Monero much. I feel like you're expecting your actions to result in negative consequences for Dash. But the only thing that will bring down Dash is a glaring failure with Darksend, or an undeniably superlative competitor. Flinging shit only results in both parties becoming covered in shit.

The two are unrelated and monero wouldn't even be discussed here where it is off topic if dash defenders didn't resort to ad homenem. For example if it were really true that me criticizing dash was bad for monero we would see high monero volume as people rushed to dump. We don't.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 01:50:47 AM

10 more votes and 75.4% think Evan instamined dash on purpose (up from a day ago)--the comparing marketcap talk is like bringing up NWA's record sales on a "Are the guys from Milli Vanilli ashamed for not singing their own songs?" thread.

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:01:38 AM

The two are unrelated and monero wouldn't even be discussed here where it is off topic if dash defenders didn't resort to ad homenem. For example if it were really true that me criticizing dash was bad for monero we would see high monero volume as people rushed to dump. We don't.
I'm not saying that you criticizing Dash directly lead to anything that is happening with Monero. Or Dash for that matter. I'm saying that it leads to antagonism between the Dash and Monero communities, which in the long run will probably just hurt both. I fail to see how it benefits Monero, which I assume is your goal?

I'd guess that your logic goes like this. Dash becomes illegitimate, therefore people switch over to Monero. But in reality, it results in shit being thrown from both sides. There are adverse consequences for each side. Instead you could just focus on making Monero better, which would actually help Monero. But hey, it's your time. If you feel that it's best spent by trashing others, then that's your choice.

Take me as an example. In the past I may have gone out of the way to trash Monero, but for the most part, I stopped. I even advised people that both Monero and Dash are worthy of investment. If you and the rest of the Monero community didn't constantly antagonize, I would only have positive things to say about Monero.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:15:32 AM

I'm not saying that you criticizing Dash directly lead to anything that is happening with Monero. Or Dash for that matter. I'm saying that it leads to antagonism between the Dash and Monero communities, which in the long run will probably just hurt both. I fail to see how it benefits Monero, which I assume is your goal?

See, that's where you assume incorrectly. Dash, my comments about it, and most of the other people who have slammed its shady instamine and other scammy practices over the past year has nothing to do with Monero. I don't know who this Prosperityforall is who started the current threads but its not someone I know to be tied to Monero, although he does seem to support it. But the fact is if you look at all of the threads criticizing Dash over the past year, most of them clearly have nothing to do with Monero (some of them might even pre-date Monero). The common element here is Dash, not Monero.

In seeing this as a Monero issue you're buying into the ad hominem that comes from the Dash defenders. To your credit you don't really bother with that and just say you don't care as long as you make money, which I respect to some extent. Just remember: exit strategy (and risk management). You will thank me later.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:36:39 AM

Saturday night approaching Trollz...you will have to talk amongst yourself about Monero now Sad

For some Trollero home -

The Trolleros can take a look at the Monero pre-ann which says the emissions will follow the same path as bitcoin, but when it was scam launched the rate of emissions was changed to be completely opposite.

80% in the first 4 years, most of that coming in the first year.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. The devs who were around at the time and are still around would rather sweep the truth under the carpet so they can keep goading the Trolleros and making them pack hunters.

What is it they keep saying, to ignore a scam is to be part of the scam.  Well they are all ignoring the Proven Monero Scam Launch. Can't hide it anymore I'm afraid

Keep thinking about this and it really is shady as fuck, especially given the de-optimized code, sending people to dud links so they couldn't mine, wallets not working properly, expecting people to compile their own wallets with shitty code that also didn't work, injecting fucked up code to prevent people from submitting work and forking the chain in the first week(s), and then forking the thread from the main dev after only a few weeks 'because he wasn't communicating'.

Then there are the lucky ones who seem not to have had any problems and managed to acquire 10% or more of the coin supply in the first week.

It really was / is shady as fuck.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 03:06:42 AM

Still trying to brush the truth of Dash's instamine by projecting Evan's scamminess onto another coin.

Keeping posting a meme of your cheap tactic--smart people will see it for what it really is quickly enough.  Wink

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:13:27 AM

So besides the fact that over 30% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days

Are you a dash shill because you keep downplaying their instamine. It's closer to 40% than 30%:

Instamine: 2 million
Current supply (via coinmarket cap): 5,333,827 DASH

Instamine percentage: 37.496529227513%
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:16:24 AM

So besides the fact that over 30% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days

Are you a dash shill because you keep downplaying their instamine. It's closer to 40% than 30%:

Instamine: 2 million
Current supply (via coinmarket cap): 5,333,827 DASH

Instamine percentage: 37.496529227513%

Ouch, you are correct. I didn't do the math but I suppose I expected the instamine to compromise less of a % of the coin supply than it actually does, I was wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: