Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31375 times)
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

So besides the fact that over 30% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days

Are you a dash shill because you keep downplaying their instamine. It's closer to 40% than 30%:

Instamine: 2 million
Current supply (via coinmarket cap): 5,333,827 DASH

Instamine percentage: 37.496529227513%

Well it is not as bad as the Bytecoin pre-mine / ninja-mine at over 80%.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:29:03 AM

So besides the fact that over 30% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days

Are you a dash shill because you keep downplaying their instamine. It's closer to 40% than 30%:

It makes him feel better by not making reference to the max coin supply which would reduce the impact of the dramatization to ~10%.

Or to make reference to the original coin supply which was 84m, making the claims of foul play little more than 2%.

I seem to remember Evan asking the community if they wanted to change the maxcoin supply from 84m to ~22m. And everyone voted yes.

I also seem to remember Monero community discussing and voting for changes to emissions and coin supply, more than once. Monero voted no. But what if there was a yes vote?

Its very easy to use economics and to change comparative numbers to skew an argument and to smear. Smooth is very good at that.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:11:09 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 05:28:41 AM by generalizethis

"It makes him feel better by not making reference to the max coin supply which would reduce the impact of the dramatization to ~10%." The impact is today and the vote you mention was likely skewed in favor of the instaminers, so that is why it matters--it's called unfair distribution of power and one of the reasons cryptocurrencies were created was to prevent this type of behavior, but profiteers and scam artist got that part confused.

"Or to make reference to the original coin supply which was 84m, making the claims of foul play little more than 2%". There is no original coin supply if you change the coins parameters--this is called breaking the social contract. Another thing profiteers and scam artist have gotten wrong when making a cryptocurrency.

"I seem to remember Evan asking the community if they wanted to change the maxcoin supply from 84m to ~22m. And everyone voted yes." See above you ignorant fool.

"I also seem to remember Monero community discussing and voting for changes to emissions and coin supply, more than once. Monero voted no. But what if there was a yes vote?" They had a 100% vote to not change the social contract for the very reason that I stated, so maybe if they had done everything else mentioned wrong too, we could compare them equally--but they got it right, so who gives a flying fuck?

It's very easy to use faulty logic and to change comparative numbers to skew an argument and to defend scammy coins--you are very good at that.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:12:50 AM

Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero $ 3,693,219   $ 0.497413   7,424,855 XMR   $ 12,107   

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:20:00 AM

Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero $ 3,693,219   $ 0.497413   7,424,855 XMR   $ 12,107   

And still these facts are left unchanged:

--over 500,0000 dash mined in the first hour

--over 1,500,000 dash mined in the first 8 hours

Has bashing Monero changed the facts of Dash's instamine?

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:26:12 AM

something to chew on:

there are core developers

and then there are those that develop the core.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:24:53 AM

Or to make reference to the original coin supply which was 84m, making the claims of foul play little more than 2%.

LOL that you think cutting the supply by 75% (quadrupling the value of the instamined coins) makes Dash look better or the instamine look smaller.

BagHolder010

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:23:56 AM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:32:19 AM

LOL that you think cutting the supply by 75% (quadrupling the value of the instamined coins) makes Dash look better or the instamine look smaller.

LOL that you think announcing the emissions would be closer to bitcoin, but then actually being the opposite, while also launching crippled code makes Monero look clean and there was no scam launch.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:53:31 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 11:23:33 AM by BlockaFett

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:22:47 AM

Blah blah Monero blah blah

Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?

lrn2read
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:28:17 AM

lrn2read

You forgot to add the option: "I don't know.  Only and idiot would think to collect data on what people's opinions are as to what other people's opinions are".  So the data are meaningless.  But I kind of guess this is lost on Monero's intellectually-challenged hit-squad (who shout about how they are smarter than everyone else Wink)
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:30:33 AM

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:32:45 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 12:12:08 PM by smooth

lrn2read

You forgot to add the option: "I don't know.  Only and idiot would think to collect data on what people's opinions are as to what other people's opinions are".  So the data are meaningless.  But I kind of guess this is lost on Monero's intellectually-challenged hit-squad (who shout about how they are smarter than everyone else Wink)

I didn't do anything. Not my thread/poll.

BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:35:49 AM

lrn2read

You forgot to add the option

my thread/poll.

redacting again lol, you are such a fuckup you really are. 
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:38:28 AM

lrn2read

my thread/poll.

Dude, you were suggesting I had something to do with the options in the poll. (Which I don't.) I took that to be the part of your post to which I had anything relevant to say (pointing out your error). Don't get your undies in a bunch over it.
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:06:40 PM

lrn2read

my thread/poll.

Dude, you were suggesting I had something to do with the options in the poll. (Which I don't.) I took that to be the part of your post to which I had anything relevant to say (pointing out your error). Don't get your undies in a bunch over it.

IDK, you chopped all the text out of the post so no one can see..  Can you replace the text first then we can talk?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:18:10 PM

it's true.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:24:03 PM

lrn2read

my thread/poll.

IDK, you chopped all the text out of the post so no one can see..  Can you replace the text first then we can talk?

Whatever dude. Edited it back in.
BagHolder010

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:31:59 PM

it's true.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: