Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:08:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31363 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:32:56 PM

These are the posts I have collected of you during that time:

~/xcoin/src/xcoind does not exists?

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Notice those posts were done after the first launch, not after the relaunch, so the relevance is zero.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:34:09 PM

I was hoping you'd type that. This is why Dash's instamine is so controversial. Because we know a few things:...We do not know who controlled 51% of the hashrate at the time. But, since we know that....

You feel free to turn yourself into a bitcointalk Columbo and spend the rest of your days trying to build a case that challenges the viability of the project or the integrity of its dev. For the rest of us, the easier route is check to see if:

(a) - the dev remained anonymous, dumped all his coins at the first all time high and then sloped off to a caribean island leaving his investors in the lurch

or

(b) - placed his identity in the public domain, remained with the project and turned himself into the hardest working coin developer on the planet  while introducing a whole pile of successful innovations which were later priced in by the market to the tune of many hundreds of percent over the value after launch.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:34:46 PM

Notice how this was said by Evan Duffield: "Hmmm, I didn't update that part of the code. Although, I just updated again so try:"

Perhaps he means that he didn't touch that part of the code since the previous version, so he doesn't understand why there would be error in that part. Then he proceeds saying he has uploaded a new version anyway and urges the guy to try again.

Why would the guy say "Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update" if it was Evan's fault?

Also, I'm still waiting on you to show proof of you mining back then, it's convenient that you keep dodging providing any more information concerning that.

If you want me to post proof of me mining 277 and 500 coin blocks you will just have to be disappointed as I won't be doing that, for obvious reasons.

Read that line again, "Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update". That comes after Evan says he just updated the code. If he didn't include update it would be clear what's going on, but he did, right after Evan updated the code.

K, so you're not going to post any proof of you mining/compiling at that time, even though you've said that you have, and you expect me/anyone to believe you? Without you giving any proof I can now confirm you're a liar.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:35:28 PM

Notice those posts were done after the first launch, not after the relaunch, so the relevance is zero.

Notice how I never said they were relevant, and how I just said "These are the posts I have collected of you during that time". Your trolling is pretty pathetic.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

I was hoping you'd type that. This is why Dash's instamine is so controversial. Because we know a few things:...We do not know who controlled 51% of the hashrate at the time. But, since we know that....
snip

Yea...No. Mark Karapeles also placed his name in the public domain and lost over 100million in user's funds. Madoff's name was highly public, and well you know his story, and beyond. Having your name in the public means nothing.

Satoshi released Bitcoin without a premine and without a instamine where it's core features were changed after the initial launch.

Evan Duffield had chances to relaunch Dash without the instamine(After all only 2 days had passed), he did not. Evan Duffield could have made the instamine far less severe if he didn't drop the max coin supply from 80million to 22million, he did not. Evan Duffield could have made Dash less centralized if he voted for important things such as name changes, he did not and that is why Vertoe left the team.

Why would he not do all those things? Oh yes, because he likely heavily benefited from the instamine.

illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:45:02 PM

Read that line again, "Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update". That comes after Evan says he just updated the code. If he didn't include update it would be clear what's going on, but he did, right after Evan updated the code.

That is pretty subjective how you're going to interpret that, and your agenda is showing. Also notice, that no one else is complaining about not being able to compile. Considering the eager miners F5'ing the ANN section trying to instamine every coin launch you'd expect a lot of people complaining about it.

K, so you're not going to post any proof of you mining/compiling at that time, even though you've said that you have, and you expect me/anyone to believe you? Without you giving any proof I can now confirm you're a liar.

Thing is, I don't have to prove anything to you. But go ahead, believe I'm lying if it makes you sleep better at night.
illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

Notice how I never said they were relevant, and how I just said "These are the posts I have collected of you during that time". Your trolling is pretty pathetic.

Then why did you even post them in the first place, if they weren't part of your "argument"?
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:47:06 PM

Then why did you even post them in the first place, if they weren't part of your "argument"?

So I could keep track of your posts just incase you went back and changed them.

illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:48:54 PM

And why would I change posts where I complain the wallet isn't working on the launch that was pulled back?
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:49:38 PM

That is pretty subjective how you're going to interpret that, and your agenda is showing. Also notice, that no one else is complaining about not being able to compile. Considering the eager miners F5'ing the ANN section trying to instamine every coin launch you'd expect a lot of people complaining about it.

Thing is, I don't have to prove anything to you. But go ahead, believe I'm lying if it makes you sleep better at night.

Your statement about it being his fault holds up, but is still controversial as he says "I botched the layover of the makefile on the update". That is the opposite of a subjective interpretation because that comment was made after Evan updated the code.

If you have nothing to prove then you should not have made that claim in the first place. You made the claim that you mined then, yet you're not going to show any proof.

You're a liar from this moment henceforth.

celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:50:37 PM

And why would I change posts where I complain the wallet isn't working on the launch that was pulled back?

I said for you to provide any evidence of having mined back then. I collected your posts from that period just incase you went back and change them to make it seem like you mined then.

illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:56:56 PM

If you have nothing to prove then you should not have made that claim in the first place. You made the claim that you mined then, yet you're not going to show any proof.

Surely I can tell what I have done or haven't done without getting put on trial? Especially if there's no way I can prove it to your satisfaction. And even if there was, proving it doesn't carry anything positive for me, only negative.

And you've been a butthurt troll right from the beginning.
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:01:39 PM

Surely I can tell what I have done or haven't done without getting put on trial? Especially if there's no way I can prove it to your satisfaction. And even if there was, proving it doesn't carry anything positive for me, only negative.

Ok then you should not have made the claim initially. If you make a claim, expect to back it up with evidence. Since you can't/won't back it up with evidence then you are a liar.

illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:02:58 PM

I said for you to provide any evidence of having mined back then. I collected your posts from that period just incase you went back and change them to make it seem like you mined then.

I will let you in on a little secret. There's a site that mirrors this forum where you can't edit your posts. It's here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-drk-darkcoin-first-anonymous-coin-darksend-no-premine-runs-30-cooler-than-scrypt.240313/

It's better evidence than quoting posts here as anyone could claim you have edited the quoted post.
illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:06:13 PM

Ok then you should not have made the claim initially. If you make a claim, expect to back it up with evidence. Since you can't/won't back it up with evidence then you are a liar.

I will also say that I took a dump this morning. I won't be digging up evidence of that for you to see however. Feel free thinking I'm a liar.
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:16:58 PM

I will let you in on a little secret. There's a site that mirrors this forum where you can't edit your posts. It's here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-drk-darkcoin-first-anonymous-coin-darksend-no-premine-runs-30-cooler-than-scrypt.240313/

It's better evidence than quoting posts here as anyone could claim you have edited the quoted post.

I'll let you in on a better little secret. While it's true that the site mirrored posts, it stopped sometime last year. Besides, it's better to be safe than sorry (That site could go down, it could be tampered with).

celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:19:45 PM

I will also say that I took a dump this morning. I won't be digging up evidence of that for you to see however. Feel free thinking I'm a liar.

Taking a dump has no relevance to this at all. The point of it is that you were claiming to have mined early on, yet you have absolutely no evidence to provide to show that you did. Claiming to have mined a instamined coin in a thread talking about the instamine and defecating are two different things.

So yes, you are a liar.

illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:25:27 PM

I'll let you in on a better little secret. While it's true that the site mirrored posts, it stopped sometime last year.

Well you quoted posts that are over a year old, from a time when the mirroring was still active.

Besides, it's better to be safe than sorry (That site could go down, it could be tampered with).

This thread could be deleted and be tampered with. I suggest you take screenshots and store copies on at least 3 usb sticks distributed geologically and print and store paper copies signed with at least two independent witnesses in a bank vault. Would be a terrible thing to be sorry.
illodin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:30:41 PM

Taking a dump has no relevance to this at all. The point of it is that you were claiming to have mined early on, yet you have absolutely no evidence to provide to show that you did. Claiming to have mined a instamined coin in a thread talking about the instamine and defecating are two different things.

It is absolutely relevant to your argument. You're claiming that if I'm saying anything without backing it up with proof, I'm a liar. I just spelled it out for you using an example even you might understand how ridiculous your allegation is.

So yes, you are a liar.

Still a butthurt troll.
celestio

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:33:36 PM

It is absolutely relevant to your argument. You're claiming that if I'm saying anything without backing it up with proof, I'm a liar. I just spelled it out for you using an example even you might understand how ridiculous your allegation is.

So yes, you are a liar.

Still a butthurt troll.

It is not relevant at all to this because you saying you defecated doesn't undermine anything. Anyone can claim to have been mining at the instamine to make it seem less nefarious, which is what you did. You claimed to have mined then, but when I ask for any proof of you having indeed mined then. You give none, therefore you are lying. I don't think it's that hard to understand is it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: