Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 01:07:47 AM

So right now you can only use GPU mining on this coin? and what would the .conf file for solo mining look like? Are there talks about getting ASICS to be able to mine this coin as well?

There is talk about it, but won't be for a while.

You can use your CPU or GPU to mine, yes.

Here is the post explaining how to set up to mine with your GPU: http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776&p=2371#p2371

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 01:08:34 AM

Well I'm still here just mining away and watching but I'll pop by and say hi once and awhile cant wait for it to hit an exchange!  Grin

You should consider switching to the GPU miner, if you have a graphics card. You can get a considerably higher hashing rate!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:12:40 AM

Well I'm still here just mining away and watching but I'll pop by and say hi once and awhile cant wait for it to hit an exchange!  Grin

You should consider switching to the GPU miner, if you have a graphics card. You can get a considerably higher hashing rate!
Ya see the shitty thing right now is the computer that I'm using for this is only a HD Intel graphics card so it's not very good for GPU mining ya know

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 01:26:37 AM

Ya see the shitty thing right now is the computer that I'm using for this is only a HD Intel graphics card so it's not very good for GPU mining ya know

Well I've never mined with onboard graphics before, but it's probably not worth doing. I would stick to CPU mining, but you can always give it a shot Smiley

crazytrain

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:30:11 AM

Version 0.9.1.41 of Credits client released. GPU miner integrated!

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with GPU mining capabilities released as a complimentary download.

- GPU mining integrated as a separate download.
- txindex fixed, which will enable a lot of different services around the coin
- Bug fixes.
- Preparations for pooling integrated

The GPU miner works currently only for Windows and with Nvidia cards. Work is ongoing for enabling AMD as well. Be careful when GPU mining. Too hard load on the graphics card could damage the card and the computer. See guidance in the getting started with GPU mining post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776&p=2371#p2371.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Thanks.
Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:38:27 AM

Now wait a bit for all the GPU players to get a nice stash and then we'll an exchange appearing. It's all a bit predictable guys.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:25:29 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 09:48:38 AM by Gabriel Eiger

Now wait a bit for all the GPU players to get a nice stash and then we'll an exchange appearing. It's all a bit predictable guys.

You have a point, although the gpu integration had to be developed due to an unknown miner trying to overtake the network. How he could get that processing power is beyond my knowledge but he may was able to solve the gpu integration himself, although I highly doubt it. Letting him continue would have been the worse of two evils.

The deposit system is created to stop this type of pattern, but it won't apply until for some time into the future. Until then, it's an arms race.

As for exchanges - also something that is difficult to stop, and I personally consider it not to be a problem, since it will spread the distribution of the coin, thereby enhancing the deposit system.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 09:28:03 AM

Well the difficulty update will have stopped the fast block creation speed, and as Gabriel said the deposit is in place for that exact reason. Smiley

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:54:30 AM

Hey I finally after 2 days got everything synced up and finally started this wallet properly Smiley So if someone wants to help me out with the mining aspect and throw some credits my way I would really appreciate it Smiley You can send them to 16EU7wyHLmZKpntAP279J75itggVc89Fns and hopefully I can start earning some of these credits Wink But I have to ask why is the first deposit over 10 credits for me? Or is it like that for everyone who opens their wallet for the first time?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

waffles99

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:48:39 AM

started at 12 about a week ago. There's still a fair amount of time left where the deposit will be 'borrowed' from the mining reward with (40-deposit) left to spare. But it's not like you're spending it it's just being held for a set amount of blocks and released
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:53:09 AM

started at 12 about a week ago. There's still a fair amount of time left where the deposit will be 'borrowed' from the mining reward with (40-deposit) left to spare. But it's not like you're spending it it's just being held for a set amount of blocks and released
Ya but the difficulty is so high for me right now because I have 0 credits to deposit to make the mining easier and now that GPU mining has been implemented I'm kind of screwed till they release the asics for the mining for this coin. That's why I had asked for someone to donate some credits to my addy 16EU7wyHLmZKpntAP279J75itggVc89Fns so I could deposit it which would make my mining easier and also just to make sure that the wallet synced properly and works fine and dandy ya know Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:06:56 PM

Ya but the difficulty is so high for me right now because I have 0 credits to deposit to make the mining easier and now that GPU mining has been implemented I'm kind of screwed till they release the asics for the mining for this coin. That's why I had asked for someone to donate some credits to my addy 16EU7wyHLmZKpntAP279J75itggVc89Fns so I could deposit it which would make my mining easier and also just to make sure that the wallet synced properly and works fine and dandy ya know Smiley

----------------------------------

A welcome gift of 10 CRE sent your way.

You DO NOT need any extra deposits at this point in time. The required deposits are automatically added by the built in miner, taken from the reward from a block. In about three months, you will gradually get a difficulty "punishment" if not enough deposits are provided.

However, with the recent increase in difficulty, I would highly recommend you to start with GPU mining. You can gain a fair share still with a GPU. Only Windows and Nvidia cards supported for the moment though. Adaption to other lines of GPUs are ongoing.

Download the latest version:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1775
Then read the instruction on how to set it up:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776

------------------------

One final word of help for now:
If you have the space for it, KEEP the downloaded .zip from the torrent. That way you can reinitialise the chain easily if it where to get corrupted again. Work is being done on improving the situation with corrupted chains.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:50:01 PM

Looks like http://creditchain.org/ is offline at the moment.

I seem to keep getting this error when attempting to sync
2015-05-10 14:48:36 *** Error moving claim tip. Expected active credits block: 00000000078870cb73d6519d7615f49f76084d26b39f3a53a0a57f6d56e0004f, was: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
2015-05-10 14:48:40 *** ERROR: Credits: ConnectBlock: Failed to move claim tip to 000000000000000009946c063a617ac017876eac40f44a38381fd1a4cd053fcb

Tried deleting the bitcredit block folders, etc. But still seems to happen. The bitcoin side is all synced up. Is there any commands to run to fix this?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:53:10 PM

Well I must admit I don't mind this coin concept so far and just out of curiousity was I supposed to prepare a deposit with the 10 CRE I was sent? because that's what I did with it lmao I thought I had to do that to increase my chances of finding a block and as for the GPU mining I don't have a Nvidia card so I'm stuck CPU mining until they can get the ASICS working for this coin Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:01:07 PM

Well I must admit I don't mind this coin concept so far and just out of curiousity was I supposed to prepare a deposit with the 10 CRE I was sent? because that's what I did with it lmao I thought I had to do that to increase my chances of finding a block and as for the GPU mining I don't have a Nvidia card so I'm stuck CPU mining until they can get the ASICS working for this coin Smiley Cheers

Ok, keep the CPU running. You might hit a block. Smiley

You will NOT get increased chances of hitting a block at this point in time. In about three months you will.

You can remove the prepared deposit by going to the Prepared deposit view, right clicking the row with the prepared deposit and select Delete deposit. THIS WILL NOT delete the coins in any way. It only removes them from the prepared deposit state and returns them to you for spending.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:02:00 PM

Pools are also on their way. My guess is that they will be ready within a week.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

Looks like http://creditchain.org/ is offline at the moment.

I seem to keep getting this error when attempting to sync
2015-05-10 14:48:36 *** Error moving claim tip. Expected active credits block: 00000000078870cb73d6519d7615f49f76084d26b39f3a53a0a57f6d56e0004f, was: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
2015-05-10 14:48:40 *** ERROR: Credits: ConnectBlock: Failed to move claim tip to 000000000000000009946c063a617ac017876eac40f44a38381fd1a4cd053fcb

Tried deleting the bitcredit block folders, etc. But still seems to happen. The bitcoin side is all synced up. Is there any commands to run to fix this?

Unfortunately your internal databases in the working directory have become corrupted. You only have two options when this happens:

1. Restart the client with the command line (or bitcredit.conf) option "-reindex". This will start a reindex of the Bitcoin and Credits blockchains. This reindex takes about 9 hours on a fast machine, slower on slower machines.

2. Delete your old working directory and initialise the working directory from a publicly provided torrent file as described in here:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

I haven't seen your name before in this thread. You are aware of that there are a 10 CRE welcome gift for newcomers who installs the wallet?

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:09:55 PM

Unfortunately your internal databases in the working directory have become corrupted. You only have two options when this happens:

1. Restart the client with the command line (or bitcredit.conf) option "-reindex". This will start a reindex of the Bitcoin and Credits blockchains. This reindex takes about 9 hours on a fast machine, slower on slower machines.

2. Delete your old working directory and initialise the working directory from a publicly provided torrent file as described in here:

I haven't seen your name before in this thread. You are aware of that there are a 10 CRE welcome gift for newcomers who installs the wallet?

Yeah just starting and trying to see if I can get it all synced up. 9 hours, ouch!

I'll be sure to post an address for the welcome gift once I get this thing synced up.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:18:22 PM

Yeah just starting and trying to see if I can get it all synced up. 9 hours, ouch!

I'll be sure to post an address for the welcome gift once I get this thing synced up.

Be careful not to force close the application it it appears to not update for a while. This is a known problem. The wallet is probably syncing when this happens, check the debug.log file when if this happens. If something looking like progress output is coming there, the client is working as intended.
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17

When in doubt, contact me. There's an IRC channel that is listed in the OP that is also quite helpful.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:45:55 PM

The deposit is not needed up front, yet. This is because the deposit is less than the block reward, meaning the 19 CRE(or however large) deposit, will be subtracted from the 40CRE block reward. the 19 CRE will be returned to your wallet in 15000 confirmations!

Once deposit value is HIGHER than the block reward, then you'll need to prepare deposits before mining Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: