Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:28:20 AM

I'm trying to sync the latest version under ubuntu since days.

Code:
Bitcoin: ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 577, prev=000000000000000049573b24beef7e594f41b9ef556e250f2c59ef0f090a479e
ERROR: Bitcoin: AcceptToMemoryPool : nonstandard transaction: non-final

log is full with stuff like that..

Both are perfectly normal.

The first one just says that it received a block it cannot currently connect to the main chain. This happens if some blocks are missing to link it to the main chain and happens quite often.

The second row means someone tried to send a transaction that wasn't accepted by the wallet/client.

hm...strange. I have the feeling that it doesn't really make any progress. Normally, I can see the blocks that are processed in the debug log, but now there are just the mentioned messages.
However, I will wait another day or two, maybe it finally finishes.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:14:44 PM

bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 02:58:03 AM

bitcoin chain is stuck @ block 280006 since the problem appeared which means, it's stuck like that since at least 1,5 days.

I believe another user had an error similar to that, when trying to build on linux from source of the new version, and also occasionally when on a fresh sync (also linux)

I suggest downloading the torrent file and initializing the blockchains from there, It's faster and saves you the time of waiting for fixed release Smiley

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:23:34 AM

It is like Greydon writes, the problem occurs when you:
1. Build from source on linux
2. Download the chains from scratch

It is a known problem in earlier version of Bitcoin, and the Bitcoin internal version running in Credits it 0.9.1. It probably have something to do with the openssl version.

I'll create a fix for this issue by disabling the validation of the offending blocks in the Bitcoin chain. I'll post here as soon as it's done, probably in a couple of days.

There are three (four) ways around the problem:
1. Use one of the official Linux releases
2. Use the torrent provided here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517
3. Build a release version by ourself by following the instructions for creating releases: https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/blob/master/doc/release-process.md
4. Wait until i can add exceptions to the code base to get around the problem. This will take a couple of days.

Building a releases version is done by building it on a VirtualBox virtual Linux instance. It can be done on any operating system that supports VirtualBox.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:27:02 PM

A fix for the problem you have been experiencing has been merged into master.

Just pull the latest changes from master, and rebuild and the problem should be solved.

If you want to be perfectly safe, rename the old working directory to Credits_old and let the wallet create a completely new Credits directory.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:16:23 AM

A fix for the problem you have been experiencing has been merged into master.

Just pull the latest changes from master, and rebuild and the problem should be solved.

If you want to be perfectly safe, rename the old working directory to Credits_old and let the wallet create a completely new Credits directory.

Nice work gabe, I'm still tweaking security on the BTC-CRE exchange on Creditsdice.com, but there should be a way to buy CRE and sell within the week!

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:28:39 AM

Just a few observations.

The 9.1.60 wallet works great.  It syncs fast and the footprint is much smaller than previous releases. 

I am now using the Credits wallet as my main bitcoin wallet.  I haven't had any issues sending and receiving bitcoin from the Credits wallet.  I still keep a bitcoin node running and the bulk of my bitcoin in an offline wallet and will continue to do so.  I have been keeping a bitcoin node running and my main bitcoin wallet offline for some time.   I do it so I have rapid access to my bitcoin.  But the Credits wallet is what I have been using for the last month for bitcoin transactions.  It's been working out just fine.

I'm still mining off and on and will continue to do so.  Everything for this coin is in place and has been done in a very professional manner. 

So with that said I would like to give the dev and others kudos for a job well done.
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 03:47:17 AM

Just a few observations.

The 9.1.60 wallet works great.  It syncs fast and the footprint is much smaller than previous releases. 

I am now using the Credits wallet as my main bitcoin wallet.  I haven't had any issues sending and receiving bitcoin from the Credits wallet.  I still keep a bitcoin node running and the bulk of my bitcoin in an offline wallet and will continue to do so.  I have been keeping a bitcoin node running and my main bitcoin wallet offline for some time.   I do it so I have rapid access to my bitcoin.  But the Credits wallet is what I have been using for the last month for bitcoin transactions.  It's been working out just fine.

I'm still mining off and on and will continue to do so.  Everything for this coin is in place and has been done in a very professional manner. 

So with that said I would like to give the dev and others kudos for a job well done.

Thanks for the kind words Shojay, we hope you stick around Smiley

Also, great news that you haven't had any issues regarding the client! I've been using it as a bitcoin wallet myself, too! We're still working on getting more services in place, including pools and exchange options. Cheers!

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:26:24 PM

Just a few observations.

Took me about 15 minutes to sync. Not that fast if you ask me.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:55:38 PM

Just a few observations.

Took me about 15 minutes to sync. Not that fast if you ask me.

Yes it does take longer than most wallets to sync but it is blazing fast today compared to when the coin launched.  The wallet does have to sync two blockchains.  Credits and Bitcoin.

It would be nice if the sync time was faster.  But for now it is a little slow.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:40:53 PM

Just a few observations.

Thank you very much for those kind words! Much appreciated. Smiley

Sorry for the late reply, been off for holidays the last three days.

There are quite exciting things coming up soon so keep an eye on this space!

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:30:45 AM

Just a few observations.

Thank you very much for those kind words! Much appreciated. Smiley

Sorry for the late reply, been off for holidays the last three days.

There are quite exciting things coming up soon so keep an eye on this space!

Off on holidays as the price drops. You need to be here innovating and building new stuff for our community.
Was the vacation worth it?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:30:21 AM

Off on holidays as the price drops. You need to be here innovating and building new stuff for our community.
Was the vacation worth it?

Thank you for your input.

pugwilfy

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:20:08 PM

hey guys,
just noticed something with the wallet after falling 30 hours behind, it seems to me like the 2 wallets are fighting with each other to get up to date.
therefore is it possible for the bitcoin wallet to update itself first and once that is done the credits one can update, or maybe the other way round... i've been sat here for half an hour now waiting to start my mining up again

oh and the block explorer is down again
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:04:33 PM

hey guys,
just noticed something with the wallet after falling 30 hours behind, it seems to me like the 2 wallets are fighting with each other to get up to date.
therefore is it possible for the bitcoin wallet to update itself first and once that is done the credits one can update, or maybe the other way round... i've been sat here for half an hour now waiting to start my mining up again

Block explorer up again.

The two chains are not exactly fighting to do updates but they can not update at the same time, so when you are receiving a block from one of them, blocks from the other chain will have to wait. As a rule of thumb, if the Bitcoin blockchain is too far behind, the Credits blockchain will wait for Bitcoin to become up to date.

30 minutes sounds like a long time to get synced for 30 hours though... Can you see blocks arriving in debug.log?

pugwilfy

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:37:14 AM

hey guys,

Block explorer up again.

The two chains are not exactly fighting to do updates but they can not update at the same time, so when you are receiving a block from one of them, blocks from the other chain will have to wait. As a rule of thumb, if the Bitcoin blockchain is too far behind, the Credits blockchain will wait for Bitcoin to become up to date.

30 minutes sounds like a long time to get synced for 30 hours though... Can you see blocks arriving in debug.log?

as soon as the bitcoin chain updated the credits one was updating at a much faster rate and yes everything was working fine, it honestly took about 30 mintues for it to update
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:19:04 PM

hey guys,

Block explorer up again.

as soon as the bitcoin chain updated the credits one was updating at a much faster rate and yes everything was working fine, it honestly took about 30 mintues for it to update

Ok, good to hear that you are back again anyways!

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 09:26:08 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 07:33:55 PM by GreydonIselmoe

UPDATE:

There now exists a method to BUY CRE WITH BTC and SELL CRE FOR BTC!

CreditsDice.com now has an option to deposit Bitcoin, mixing the BTC into CRE at the given price listed on the front page. You can also withdraw Bitcoin, which is processed at the highest "site offer" price, which is 9/10 of the listed price.

The price of a Credit is dynamic with this method, and will go up with deposits and down with withdrawals! This should give us a nice idea of how much a CRE is worth, too!

The starting price on CreditsDice.com is 0.001 BTC/CRE, so come check it out Smiley

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, on CreditsDice, or PM me! I plan on making a new thread to promote CD regardless, so you might find me there.

Cheers,
Greydon

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:30:18 AM

UPDATE:

There now exists a method to BUY CRE WITH BTC and SELL CRE FOR BTC!

CreditsDice.com now has an option to deposit Bitcoin, mixing the BTC into CRE at the given price listed on the front page. You can also withdraw Bitcoin, which is processed at the highest "site offer" price, which is 9/10 of the listed price.

The price of a Credit is dynamic with this method, and will go up with deposits and down with withdrawals! This should give us a nice idea of how much a CRE is worth, too!

The starting price on CreditsDice.com is 0.001 BTC/CRE, so come check it out Smiley

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, on CreditsDice, or PM me! I plan on making a new thread to promote CD regardless, so you might find me there.

Cheers,
Greydon

Great work Greydon! This will actually work as a mini exchange for people looking to convert either way CRE <-> BTC.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:01:52 PM

Some info on development and an overview roadmap

A big effort on improving the client on several key areas is currently ongoing. These key areas are:
- Reduced disk footprint
- Speed improvements, blockchain parsing and indexing
- Stability
The development has come quite far and bug testing is ongoing. I will not give any figures here but substantial further savings in all areas can be expected. Watch this space for more info.

Once this next release is out the following areas will be addressed, in the order listed:

1. Decentralised exchange, built into the client. After investigations I've come to the conclusion that Credits is extremely well suited for implementing so called atomic swapping, which will enable a built in, decentralised exchange, directly within the wallet and with no middle man.

2. Pool integration and improved deposit functionality. This has two purposes, apart from getting pooled mining in place. The first is to automate the deposit process once deposits are larger than the reward. The second is enabling miner and depositor collaboration.

3. Integrating newer Bitcoin functionality into Credits. We are currently a few versions behind and it is quite important to get improvements that have been done to the Bitcoin codebase into Credits as well.

More info to come in the following days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: