Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:21:31 PM

Any plans for a lightweight client? The idea looks interesting but the requirement that users must download the Bitcoin blockchain might turn off some people from getting involved. Is this a limitation inherited by all BTC sidechain coins?

So far, there is a plan yes. I believe that is what Gabriel is currently working on, as well as dual-functionality between Bitcoin/Credits in the Credit client.

Would be awesome to only need one client for both!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:29:37 PM

Is there any exchanger that will accept CRE at the moment ?

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:30:50 PM

Is there any exchanger that will accept CRE at the moment ?

The coin is new so it hasn't been established on exchanges yet.

MRKLYE here is for the moment running a buy/sell ledger. Until the coin is included on exchanges send him a PM.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:33:22 PM

Also I can confirm that KLYE's ledger is legitimate, I have sold 40CRE to a user. (I believe it was marilyn)

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYgyV1oUyQUCcJ1K9Q70AGEEAIH3uAAI5RlHRhDM800/edit#gid=0

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:38:34 PM

There is a subreddit related to Credits, although mostly used as a complement at the moment:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CreditsCrypto/

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:44:30 PM

I'm running creditsd. If it's just a display issue I can live with it. I just don't want to lose my coins ^^

The error message that you are seeing is ONLY a warning telling that the flag I described is set to false. It affects nothing else. It won't make you loose any coins.

Does the client start as intended or does it halt on the error?

no, it's just running/mining fine. Maybe you can add release tags to the git repo so i can only check out release versions with the flag correctly set in the future Smiley

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:01:24 PM

I'm running creditsd. If it's just a display issue I can live with it. I just don't want to lose my coins ^^

The error message that you are seeing is ONLY a warning telling that the flag I described is set to false. It affects nothing else. It won't make you loose any coins.

Does the client start as intended or does it halt on the error?

no, it's just running/mining fine. Maybe you can add release tags to the git repo so i can only check out release versions with the flag correctly set in the future Smiley

Ok good. Then all is well.

There are release branches and tags. The branches are named "release-version-0.9.1.xx". The tags are named "version-0.9.1.xx".

idol

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:28:57 PM

is there trick to mining this coin?

setgenerate true ..been running it for 2 hrs and 0 coins...

Historical

Activity: 268
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:30:15 PM

Block time is 15 minutes, so 4 blocks in 1 hour. Patience... :-)
Have Xeon E5 and waiting for block almost 12 hours...

altsareback

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:40:13 PM

What is it with these new coins launching and asking you to import your Bitcoin wallet? Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds very risky, no?
peaseniz

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:47:20 PM

What is it with these new coins launching and asking you to import your Bitcoin wallet? Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds very risky, no?

you don't have to import your bitcoin if you don't want to it is optional really only if you want to exchange bitcoin for cred, I have not imported any bitcoin or my bitcoin wallets and I have been mining it. Just it is a sidechain to bitcoin so it runs the bitcoin chain as well as the credit chain.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:50:00 PM

The difficulty is for the moment 22, this means that if you have a machine that gives 3 mhash/s you will get a block approximately every 10th hour. This value can differ a lot due to randomness of the mining process.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:50:51 PM

See reply above. Difficulty increased quite a lot around block 10000.

altsareback

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:51:22 PM

you don't have to import your bitcoin if you don't want to it is optional really only if you want to exchange bitcoin for cred, I have not imported any bitcoin or my bitcoin wallets and I have been mining it. Just it is a sidechain to bitcoin so it runs the bitcoin chain as well as the credit chain.

Well I assumed it would not be a requirement Smiley

But if you would do so, it puts your private keys at risk as you need to import the entire wallet.dat file, correct?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:54:12 PM

You only have to import your wallet if you are interested in claiming (in a non spending way) credits from Bitcoin.
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

A way to do the claiming in a completely safe way is described in the link above.

I would recommend you to also look through the Getting started section on the forum:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:56:29 PM

Well I assumed it would not be a requirement Smiley

But if you would do so, it puts your private keys at risk as you need to import the entire wallet.dat file, correct?

No, you do not have to import the entire wallet.dat file.

You can use the console in Credits-Qt and use the command bitcoin_importprivkey to import one single private key. Issue the command and then run restart the client with -bitcoin_rescan.

altsareback

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:59:45 PM

You can use the console in Credits-Qt and use the command bitcoin_importprivkey to import one single private key. Issue the command and then run restart the client with -bitcoin_rescan.

Oh! I see now Smiley Apologies for the confusion, it seemed a bit...dangerous, but after reading up some of the things posted (apologies for not doing so earlierr) the process makes a lot more sense!
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:06:21 PM

Code:
Date: 2015-04-26 15:02
To: 1EuyfphhfPhvWgofCr5P79mBx6JQaXvreT
Debit: -10.00 CRE
Net amount: -10.00 CRE
Transaction ID: b69905387c458816a9248f91a4fc35fb72b5072c359b759d808bb131882f9471-000

Sent sir. Welcome to Credits!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:21:08 PM

Oh! I see now Smiley Apologies for the confusion, it seemed a bit...dangerous, but after reading up some of the things posted (apologies for not doing so earlierr) the process makes a lot more sense!

No worries. If you are interested in trying it out I can help you if you have any problems or want further explanations. Send a message here or on the forum.
http://credits-currency.org

Historical

Activity: 268
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:29:05 PM

See reply above. Difficulty increased quite a lot around block 10000.

ok course Gabriel.
Sometimes mine block every hour...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: