Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:42:58 PM

Can i download the credits blockchain safely somewhere? It would take ages to wait for the 22 weeks to download... i have fast internet but still, p2p is not the fastest. So a direct download link would be good.

There's a bootstrap torrent p2p but no direct mirror anywhere yet, I will look into setting that up, and will mention to gabriel.

That's a good idea and a good point though, I hadn't thought of it!

I only found bitcoin bootstrap.dat's from 2014 max.

Though i found the start option -bitcoin-loadblock and since i have a bitcoin-qt, i tried to point it to its blk00000.dat. When credits wallet starts then it verifies some blocks but it seems those are only the ones it already downloaded itself. Since later it starts downloading from where it ended again.

How can i import the wallet? My bitcoin-qt has one blk00000.dat for 2 GB, next is 1GB and all other are 131MB. Is it possible to import the blockchain with that?

I'm not sure if the trimming of block files is actually done during the sync or not, but if not then you might be able to import it and then run a re-index.. but that would take just as long as downloaded from scratch.

My advice is to initialize not from a 2014 BTC torrent, but from the pre-packaged credits-BTC block files and working directory. Link here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

If you wanted a more timely response, some of us are on IRC at #credits-currency, and can help you there Smiley

It worked...  im only 10 weeks behind now anymore.

What are the future plans for credits? I mean can be seen already how the future value will develop?

Coming plans are among other things:
1. Creating a distributed decentralised exchange, integrated into the wallet. If it works as intended, it will be a first ever for any cryptocurrency.
2. Doing the same (distributed and wallet integrated) for pooling, integrating mining and a deposit market into the wallet. A deposit market is central to the coin, once deposits starts to have a larger influence. That will happen gradually, starting in the coming month.
3. A sleeker version of the wallet, where bitcoin integration can be disabled, if you don't want the bitcoin functionality or don't want to be able to claim bitcoins. This will be similar to so called SPV clients in Bitcoin.
4. In parallel with the functionality described above, work on getting the integrated Bitcoin wallet updated with the latest development will be done. This is necessary since the continual development in Bitcoin needs to be integrated into credits.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

There are no sites as of yet where you can use your credits for leveraging them by for example adding them as deposits. Work is however ongoing in creating a (provable safe) market for deposits.

You can claim credits by installing the credits-qt client, adding your bitcoin wallet to the working dir and let the wallet sync. Once it is in sync, you can claim credits from the wallet. See this thread for more info:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

So what you want to tell me, without saying it actually, is that i need to install credits-qt and then importing all my keys into that wallet. Since, like i said, i don't have a bitcoin-qt-wallet.

Or do i need to install bitcoin-qt, import the bitcoin addresses there and then move the wallet?

If that is true then i would need a website where i can test my addresses. Preferably having an API, so that i can check it with a calc sheet automatically. (Have many addresses.)

So, the question you want answered is how you can claim from bitcoin keys with a balance?

Are those keys on paper wallets? In that case you have to:
1. Download and start credits-qt.
2. When qt is running you have to run importprivkey from the command line console in credits.qt.
3. Let credits-qt get in sync (takes up to an day on a normal comp)
4. Once it is in sync, you can claim all credits by proving that you own the bitcoin keys.

Do I misunderstand you or is this what you are looking for?

Yes, that's what i wanted to know. I had hoped though that there is an easy solution like the clam import of just-dice.com. But i think i will have the wallet up and running in a not so far future. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:53:22 PM

Can i download the credits blockchain safely somewhere? It would take ages to wait for the 22 weeks to download... i have fast internet but still, p2p is not the fastest. So a direct download link would be good.

There's a bootstrap torrent p2p but no direct mirror anywhere yet, I will look into setting that up, and will mention to gabriel.

That's a good idea and a good point though, I hadn't thought of it!

I only found bitcoin bootstrap.dat's from 2014 max.

Though i found the start option -bitcoin-loadblock and since i have a bitcoin-qt, i tried to point it to its blk00000.dat. When credits wallet starts then it verifies some blocks but it seems those are only the ones it already downloaded itself. Since later it starts downloading from where it ended again.

How can i import the wallet? My bitcoin-qt has one blk00000.dat for 2 GB, next is 1GB and all other are 131MB. Is it possible to import the blockchain with that?

I'm not sure if the trimming of block files is actually done during the sync or not, but if not then you might be able to import it and then run a re-index.. but that would take just as long as downloaded from scratch.

My advice is to initialize not from a 2014 BTC torrent, but from the pre-packaged credits-BTC block files and working directory. Link here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

If you wanted a more timely response, some of us are on IRC at #credits-currency, and can help you there Smiley

It worked...  im only 10 weeks behind now anymore.

What are the future plans for credits? I mean can be seen already how the future value will develop?

Ok, that sounds good. Which version are you using?

I'm in the process of releasing a new version right now that will speed up the init process. There have been difficulties with the latest release that are just being sorted out. I'll give some more details in the coming hours.

I'm using: v0.9.1.60-gc3c9760-beta (64-bit)

Can it be that the problems have to do with no nodes being found? I have big troubles getting blocks. Both wallets, credits and bitcoin, show that "no blocksource available" error. And nothing moves.

Can i enter nodes manually somehow?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:56:20 PM

By the way... how does claim bitcoins work then. I understood it correctly that all addresses that held bitcoins in the last three months and where i have the privkey from hold credits. I can claim them and then i have the credits. I don't lose anything by that except that i should not use that bitcoin address anymore. Right?

Is the timeframe of three months a fixed one or would bitcoins i got yesterday still have credits, at least if the previous owners didn't claim them?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:42:40 PM

So after some restarts i finally got that it synchronized. Problem is. Credits blocks don't geti synchronized at all. It hangs at 20009 blocks. Bitcoin blocks come it but at a rate of one block per second, which is deadly slow and would take months to end i guess. Sometimes even slower.

I wanted to see the bitcoin info in help and it hanged up so that i had to windows close it.

And now i got 2 credit blocks... in 2 hours opening time i guess. Roll Eyes

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:57:26 PM

Coming plans are among other things:
1. Creating a distributed decentralised exchange, integrated into the wallet. If it works as intended, it will be a first ever for any cryptocurrency.
2. Doing the same (distributed and wallet integrated) for pooling, integrating mining and a deposit market into the wallet. A deposit market is central to the coin, once deposits starts to have a larger influence. That will happen gradually, starting in the coming month.
3. A sleeker version of the wallet, where bitcoin integration can be disabled, if you don't want the bitcoin functionality or don't want to be able to claim bitcoins. This will be similar to so called SPV clients in Bitcoin.
4. In parallel with the functionality described above, work on getting the integrated Bitcoin wallet updated with the latest development will be done. This is necessary since the continual development in Bitcoin needs to be integrated into credits.

All good things.  Good to see things moving forward.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 10:25:39 PM

Looks like im down from 7 weeks on bitcoin to 4 weeks now. But credits are still on 9 weeks. It says synchronizing but it really only got 2 blocks in the last hours.

I think something needs to be optimized there. Or is the number of nodes so small that this can't be done?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:14:18 AM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

There are no sites as of yet where you can use your credits for leveraging them by for example adding them as deposits. Work is however ongoing in creating a (provable safe) market for deposits.

You can claim credits by installing the credits-qt client, adding your bitcoin wallet to the working dir and let the wallet sync. Once it is in sync, you can claim credits from the wallet. See this thread for more info:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

So what you want to tell me, without saying it actually, is that i need to install credits-qt and then importing all my keys into that wallet. Since, like i said, i don't have a bitcoin-qt-wallet.

Or do i need to install bitcoin-qt, import the bitcoin addresses there and then move the wallet?

If that is true then i would need a website where i can test my addresses. Preferably having an API, so that i can check it with a calc sheet automatically. (Have many addresses.)

So, the question you want answered is how you can claim from bitcoin keys with a balance?

Are those keys on paper wallets? In that case you have to:
1. Download and start credits-qt.
2. When qt is running you have to run importprivkey from the command line console in credits.qt.
3. Let credits-qt get in sync (takes up to an day on a normal comp)
4. Once it is in sync, you can claim all credits by proving that you own the bitcoin keys.

Do I misunderstand you or is this what you are looking for?

Yes, that's what i wanted to know. I had hoped though that there is an easy solution like the clam import of just-dice.com. But i think i will have the wallet up and running in a not so far future. Tongue

That is one of the options we will start exploring once the coming release is out. Claiming via the web wallet at http://creditswallet.info. I forgot to mention that in the list of future development topics.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:23:01 AM

Looks like im down from 7 weeks on bitcoin to 4 weeks now. But credits are still on 9 weeks. It says synchronizing but it really only got 2 blocks in the last hours.

I think something needs to be optimized there. Or is the number of nodes so small that this can't be done?

The Credits blockchain should not be able to start syncing until the Bitcoin blockchain is almost done, so that only the Bitcoin blockchain dl is moving is ok at this stage.

There should be enough nodes, but if you get a "bad" sync node, then sync can be slow.

I have however also discovered an optimisation problem in version 0.60 (the current one), that I'm working on fixing. It could be the problem that you are experiencing.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:27:07 AM

So after some restarts i finally got that it synchronized. Problem is. Credits blocks don't geti synchronized at all. It hangs at 20009 blocks. Bitcoin blocks come it but at a rate of one block per second, which is deadly slow and would take months to end i guess. Sometimes even slower.

I wanted to see the bitcoin info in help and it hanged up so that i had to windows close it.

I suggest either you wait for the improved release that I'm currently working on, or just try to let it run for some time more.

If you open the log (debug.log in the working directory), you will see if blocks are arriving or not. On the initial sync, the interface tends to be slow on updating from time to time, making it appear to have stopped, but in the background still syncing. This can be seen in debug.log.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:58:45 AM

I suggest either you wait for the improved release that I'm currently working on, or just try to let it run for some time more.

If you open the log (debug.log in the working directory), you will see if blocks are arriving or not. On the initial sync, the interface tends to be slow on updating from time to time, making it appear to have stopped, but in the background still syncing. This can be seen in debug.log.

I believe it helped to restart the client a couple of times. I think it found better nodes with every start but kept the bad nodes when it had one. When restarting it kept the good ones and searched new ones. I had that impression at least.

So now i have the credits wallet fully working. I tried to import 2 addresses that i know held bitcoins in the last months. Problem is... the import went fine, i did the rescan with the flags at wallet start but when i go to claim bitcoins then there is nothing to see.

Did i misunderstood something?

And is there no list of addresses somewhere already? I can't find existing addresses in the wallet.

So which addresses can i import or why didn't it work? I tried with an old signature address i had: 1HbCkabha493fBKKLP7HB7HVsG9BCBFiZS Import and rescan went fine but nothing to claim. Why? I hope i didn't misunderstood completely and spent all the time for that.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 10:05:34 AM

Can it be that it only works with a bitcoin_wallet.dat replaced with an original one? I mean it might be that while developing it wasn't tested if it works when you don't copy a wallet.dat at all and only import privkeys.

I tried a couple of addresses, the wallet says it imported the addresses but they don't show up anyway and of course no bitcoins show up either.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 10:13:42 AM

I checked the command-line options window to see if the rescan options are wrong and i found that there are -credits_rescan and -bitcoin_rescan. Though the tutorial on the forum only mentions -rescan and -bitcoin_rescan. I tried the other option now but unfortunately it didn't lead to bitcoins showing up.

But the option seems correct because on startup it rescans the bitcoin- and the credits wallet with these commands.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 04:16:34 PM

It's #CreditsCurrency by the way... Wink

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:48:30 PM

Tried to contact you on IRC. Will try again tomorrow.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:07:07 PM

Info on the delayed 0.70 release and causes

It was discovered very late in the process of releasing the 0.9.1.70 version that there are slowness in parsing blocks on the main chain. This lead to a delayed release.

I have since then been doing investigations into what is causing the slowness. The problem seems to be present in version 0.9.1.60 as well, but is less pronounced there. The reason for this is that structural changes to the working directory causes the problem to be noticed more widely in version 0.9.1.70.

The main reason is due to slowness in the Bitcoin_UpdateCoinsForClaim function, probably due to slow creation, reading and writing of the CTxOutClaim class. The problem has been verified to almost disappear when removing lines 68-70 in core.cpp and line 196-198 in core.h.

Unfortunately, the same effect can not be achieved, at least not to the same extent, when applied to the codebase of version 0.9.1.70.

Believe me when I say that I work very intensively on this problem right now. If it work out as I hope, a perceived slowness that some people have complained about in the wallet from the very beginning will be permanently solved.

This testing takes a lot of time. Will give result reports here much more frequently from now on.

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 06:12:05 PM

Thanks Wink too many links with the same text hehe

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:32:32 AM

It was discovered very late in the process of releasing the 0.9.1.70 version that there are slowness in parsing blocks on the main chain. This lead to a delayed release.

I have since then been doing investigations into what is causing the slowness. The problem seems to be present in version 0.9.1.60 as well, but is less pronounced there. The reason for this is that structural changes to the working directory causes the problem to be noticed more widely in version 0.9.1.70.

The main reason is due to slowness in the Bitcoin_UpdateCoinsForClaim function, probably due to slow creation, reading and writing of the CTxOutClaim class. The problem has been verified to almost disappear when removing lines 68-70 in core.cpp and line 196-198 in core.h.

Unfortunately, the same effect can not be achieved, at least not to the same extent, when applied to the codebase of version 0.9.1.70.

Believe me when I say that I work very intensively on this problem right now. If it work out as I hope, a perceived slowness that some people have complained about in the wallet from the very beginning will be permanently solved.

This testing takes a lot of time. Will give result reports here much more frequently from now on.

I'm happy to still try beta versions in Linux and Windows. At least Ican give you feedback for both systems on the same machines.
As usual just let me know.

Also do you know how to save the blockchain for others? It seems that nobody knows but as you've done it previously I guess you do.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:39:53 PM

I'm happy to still try beta versions in Linux and Windows. At least Ican give you feedback for both systems on the same machines.

Also do you know how to save the blockchain for others? It seems that nobody knows but as you've done it previously I guess you do.

Very good to hear, thanks.

By saving the blockchain, do you mean packing it up into a distributable torrent or something else?

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:58:46 AM

Very good to hear, thanks.

By saving the blockchain, do you mean packing it up into a distributable torrent or something else?

Yes that's what I mean. If I can do it then I can provide a link for everyone to download it instead of doing the whole shebang.

The market on c-cex is a bit morose so I'm happy to give any help I can anywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: