Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:59:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 07:33:15 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 07:35:38 PM by GreydonIselmoe

Some info on development and an overview roadmap

A big effort on improving the client on several key areas is currently ongoing. These key areas are:
- Reduced disk footprint
- Speed improvements, blockchain parsing and indexing
- Stability
The development has come quite far and bug testing is ongoing. I will not give any figures here but substantial further savings in all areas can be expected. Watch this space for more info.

Once this next release is out the following areas will be addressed, in the order listed:

1. Decentralised exchange, built into the client. After investigations I've come to the conclusion that Credits is extremely well suited for implementing so called atomic swapping, which will enable a built in, decentralised exchange, directly within the wallet and with no middle man.

2. Pool integration and improved deposit functionality. This has two purposes, apart from getting pooled mining in place. The first is to automate the deposit process once deposits are larger than the reward. The second is enabling miner and depositor collaboration.

3. Integrating newer Bitcoin functionality into Credits. We are currently a few versions behind and it is quite important to get improvements that have been done to the Bitcoin codebase into Credits as well.

More info to come in the following days.

0% Fee decentralized exchange eh.. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you this time Wink When it gets implemented, I think it's safe to say Credits is the most innovative coin currently in existence... Truly impressive.

Side note, using the newer version of the bitcoin core would be welcomed, to avoid seeing "this version is obsolete" constantly xD
Good work man

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:32:13 AM

0% fee is not sustainable. A small fee like 0.1% or 0.01% is better.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:45:50 AM

Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet. 

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available. 
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:50:40 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 06:11:12 PM by GreydonIselmoe

Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet.  

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available.  

You've tried every option available? But, you have the credits_wallet.dat?

If you wanted to send me the file, or post a link to it here, I could try as well. The more minds the better!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 06:19:54 PM

Well, there would be no need for a fee. Gabriel isn't trying to make money off the usage of the Credits client, at all. Having the ability to do p2p trading directly through both blockchains via the client, would just be another perk of Credits. 0% fee is the kicker, as there is no middle man (exchange website or broker) to take a commission for your trade.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:32:33 AM

Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet.  

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available.  

Oh man that's really terrible to hear.

I don't think that there's much I can do, since you've already tried salvaging with pywallet but you can send the wallet file too me if you want me to have a look at it. Not going to take any salvage fee but probably can't fix it either... Sad

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:34:33 AM

It we get it into place it will be a decentralised exchange built directly into the wallet, ie, no middleman. So there would be no one to give the fee to.

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:46:11 AM

Well you can scratch 5000 credits from the total amount of coins.    I had a meltdown on one of my mining rigs.  No backup.  I know stupid things happen.  Still have the wallet file.  Have spent two days trying to recover using pywallet.  I'll send the wallet file if anyone wants to try to recover.  You can have half.  Let that be another lesson to backup your wallet. 

If you think you can recover the wallet let me know.  I've tried every option available. 

If you're still not having any luck shoot me a PM and I'll attempt to rummage around the wallet file to see what I can do.

{ BitSpill }
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:02:03 PM

What is the minimum nVidia GPU requirement for ccminer? Can I run 550M?

Is it possible to start QT in one computer and mine using (several) other computers?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:10:37 PM

Is it possible to start QT in one computer and mine using (several) other computers?

I believe older cards should be possible to use. As far as I understand, you could try sgminer as well if ccminer doesn't work.

Ask djm34 in the IRC channel #CreditsCurrency, he's the one who created the adaption of ccminer and sgminer.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:11:22 PM

Yes, it should be possible to connect several instances of ccminer from several different computers to one instance of QT.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:18:45 PM

If nobody managed to help then let me try, I had an issue a couple of month agoand managed to get it back so I can try again if you want. If there is 5000 credits, I'll give you back 5000 credits. PM me.

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:56:12 AM

I was out for a few weeks of looking at Credits. Nice development, steady and meaningful. I was interested at looking at CreditsDice.com but that seems tobe down as 3 browsers can't open it.
Anyway, keep up the good work dev.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:44:55 AM

I was out for a few weeks of looking at Credits. Nice development, steady and meaningful. I was interested at looking at CreditsDice.com but that seems tobe down as 3 browsers can't open it.

Yeah having dns resolution problems, should be up soon.

Glad you're still around Smiley

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:53:40 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 06:40:16 PM by Gabriel Eiger

Glad to see that you're still around. Got the biggest improvement release as of yet coming soon, in the bug eliminating phase right now.

Did you read up on the thread here, wrt to improvements and roadmap?

Yeah, Greydon seems to be having some dns problems. Think he's working on it.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 12:08:49 AM

Glad to see that you're still around. Got the biggest improvement release as of yet coming soon, in the bug eliminating phase right now.

For those waiting for Creditsdice.com to be live again, It's back up!

I had some issues with a separate server interfering and causing the page requests to time out, but we're back online! Sorry for any inconvenience Smiley

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:12:31 PM

I had some issues with a separate server interfering and causing the page requests to time out, but we're back online! Sorry for any inconvenience Smiley

Probably silly question but how do you get a credit address?
Click on 'Deposit' but 0 address

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:37:37 PM

The site won't allow me to deposit any Credits. It's not showing a deposit address.  I've tried in Chrome and IE. 

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:39:42 PM

The site won't allow me to deposit any Credits. It's not showing a deposit address.  I've tried in Chrome and IE. 

Yeah my apologies, I had a lot of different things I was investigating to find the problem, and forgot to re-enable calls to the local creditsd instance. Everything should be working fine now, including bets and deposits.

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 08:49:06 PM

Yeah my apologies, I had a lot of different things I was investigating to find the problem, and forgot to re-enable calls to the local creditsd instance. Everything should be working fine now, including bets and deposits.

Site looks nice but useless as an exchange for Credit -> BTC since 1.992E-5 BTC is available.

Hope new wallet is soon available with internal exchange

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: