Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:13:09 PM

What is happening with creditsdice.com website ?

It is always down for long time now  Huh

Hey, sorry about that I've just had multiple things I'm doing at once. I'm upgrading the chat as well as making the site more secure in general.

The website isn't down however, you can still place bets etc.. everything is functional. Just the user Chat is disabled at this point and under maintenance. I'll maybe add the old system back in meantime so we can all still talk!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:26:26 PM

Greydon is doing a great job, having few delays but im sure he will do it , i cant wait to integrate the new graffitidice logo.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 08:06:38 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 08:29:14 PM by GreydonIselmoe

UPDATE:

Creditsdice.com chat is back, with a new update!

Change log

CreditsDice version 1.1:

Notes: This patch is the first in a set of updates to be released. This version does not include the invest feature, but it is added in the next release.

Chat:

- New chat system in place, following the "look and feel" of the previous chat update. (uses React, and Ratchet, for websocket handling)
        (This new chat engine is much more efficient, is easy to alter, and sets a good tone for future development)

- All user messages are now the same color (Tips, PMs, and other system/special messages are colored accordingly)

- Xss vulnerabilities patched

- Getting chat history is redone with the new engine, to push messages from the chat server itself instead of grab from the DB. (This escapes user injected scripts which wouldn't show 'onMessage')

Frontpage:

- Chat window size adjusted 70% -> 85%

- Invest tab added, to tease you.

General:

- Placing bet speed improved, as place.php no longer makes a $wallet->getbalance() call every time a bet is placed to check is against the max profit. That max profit is now static, updated by me.

- Removed redundant functions and ajax methods, as well as clearing up the global scope of functions on setInterval at any given time.
       (basically, things are smoother overall)

- Various minor bug fixes/tweaks

Thanks for sticking with us, and sorry for the delay. The new chat engine is by far the largest amount of code/work put into this update, and took a week of learning new libraries and implementations of websockets. However, learning is good!

Cheers,
Greydon

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:42:51 PM

UPDATE:

Creditsdice.com chat is back, with a new update!

Change log

CreditsDice version 1.1:

Notes: This patch is the first in a set of updates to be released. This version does not include the invest feature, but it is added in the next release.

Chat:

- New chat system in place, following the "look and feel" of the previous chat update. (uses React, and Ratchet, for websocket handling)
        (This new chat engine is much more efficient, is easy to alter, and sets a good tone for future development)

- All user messages are now the same color (Tips, PMs, and other system/special messages are colored accordingly)

- Xss vulnerabilities patched

- Getting chat history is redone with the new engine, to push messages from the chat server itself instead of grab from the DB. (This escapes user injected scripts which wouldn't show 'onMessage')

Frontpage:

- Chat window size adjusted 70% -> 85%

- Invest tab added, to tease you.

General:

- Placing bet speed improved, as place.php no longer makes a $wallet->getbalance() call every time a bet is placed to check is against the max profit. That max profit is now static, updated by me.

- Removed redundant functions and ajax methods, as well as clearing up the global scope of functions on setInterval at any given time.
       (basically, things are smoother overall)

- Various minor bug fixes/tweaks

Thanks for sticking with us, and sorry for the delay. The new chat engine is by far the largest amount of code/work put into this update, and took a week of learning new libraries and implementations of websockets. However, learning is good!

Cheers,
Greydon

Very nice updates Greydon!

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:42:16 AM

Good updates. Can we still use the existing old QT?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:13:54 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 04:04:49 PM by Gabriel Eiger

Good updates. Can we still use the existing old QT?

Are you referring to if the old QT wallet can be used, then the answer is yes. However, if you update to the latest version (0.9.1.74) you probably need to do a full resync.

Good news is that a new version (0.9.1.75) that is much more stable are coming tomorrow!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:21:05 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 04:10:27 PM by Gabriel Eiger

Release version 0.9.1.75 coming tomorrow!

New version which enables asynchronous credits blockchain will be released tomorrow!

0.9.1.75 Release notes
=======================
0.9.1.75 is a minor release, improving on block download and parallel chain sync.
- Removed restriction to wait for Bitcoin blockchain download completion until Credits download starts. On startup both blockchains will start to download.
- Added on-disk storage for orphaned Bitcoin and Credits blocks. This improves download times and
  decreases bandwidth usage.
- Orphaned Credits blocks parsed as soon as the corresponding Bitcoin block arrives. This helps both
  blockchains progress in parallel.
- Improved ui, showing both chains download progress from start, instead of Credits blockchain
  showing "No block source available" info.
- Hanging ui improvements, due to parallelisation of Bitcoin and Credits blockchain download.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:39:54 PM

Request for development prioritisation

As soon as release 0.9.1.75 is out, development of a new feature version will be initiated.

Apart from fixing issues that has been reported in this thread that already are on the prioritisation list, there are a number of focus areas that will be improved upon. The following areas are considered highly ranked right now, with the most important ones at the top of the list. Please provide input for what YOU consider to be the most important areas. It does not have to be limited to the areas that are listed below.

1. In-wallet miner pooling. The possibility to set up miner pools will be integrated into the wallet. A wallet connecting to a pool should be able to provide both mining power and if it has it, deposits as well. This will enable anyone interested in it to set up a pool of their own, to which other users can connect. Ideally, a GPU miner will be integrated into the wallet, making GPU mining a one-click operation.

2. Automated deposit creation, when mining. For the moment (extra) deposits have to be created manually when mining. To automate the process, a flag enabling automated deposit creation from all content in a wallet file will be added.

3. Automated claiming. It should be possible to let the wallet automatically track the Bitcoin blockchain and claim any coins that the wallet is holding the private keys for.

4. Bitcoin disconnected wallet, Credits blockchain download only, to enable a quick sync if claiming isn't needed.

5. In-wallet decentralised exchange. A protocol will be developed that will enable so called cross-chain atomic swapping. Cross chain atomic swapping is the central concept by which decentralised exchanges will be enabled. Credits is highly suitable for such an exchange, since it by default tracks both the Bitcoin and Credits blockchain.

6. Bringing in all improvements from the Bitcoin source code that has been done since the 0.9.1 release into the Credits source code.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:56:20 PM

As soon as release 0.9.1.75 is out, development of a new feature version will be initiated.

Apart from fixing issues that has been reported in this thread that already are on the prioritisation list, there are a number of focus areas that will be improved upon. The following areas are considered highly ranked right now, with the most important ones at the top of the list. Please provide input for what YOU consider to be the most important areas. It does not have to be limited to the areas that are listed below.

1. In-wallet miner pooling. The possibility to set up miner pools will be integrated into the wallet. A wallet connecting to a pool should be able to provide both mining power and if it has it, deposits as well. This will enable anyone interested in it to set up a pool of their own, to which other users can connect. Ideally, a GPU miner will be integrated into the wallet, making GPU mining a one-click operation.

2. Automated deposit creation, when mining. For the moment (extra) deposits have to be created manually when mining. To automate the process, a flag enabling automated deposit creation from all content in a wallet file will be added.

3. Automated claiming. It should be possible to let the wallet automatically track the Bitcoin blockchain and claim any coins that the wallet is holding the private keys for.

4. Bitcoin disconnected wallet, Credits blockchain download only, to enable a quick sync if claiming isn't needed.

5. In-wallet decentralised exchange. A protocol will be developed that will enable so called cross-chain atomic swapping. Cross chain atomic swapping is the central concept by which decentralised exchanges will be enabled. Credits is highly suitable for such an exchange, since it by default tracks both the Bitcoin and Credits blockchain.

6. Bringing in all improvements from the Bitcoin source code that has been done since the 0.9.1 release into the Credits source code.

I'm not interested in mining Credits anymore at all. So options 1&2 are for me not the way forward, the future is about customer services and what can you bring compared to other coins. Options 6 would be the most important as once on par with Bitcoin-core the Credits wallet can be developed with more services in mind, options 5 for example. Options 3&4 would be nice at some point.

The most important question, for me, is what do Credits bring to the crypto World or what do we do once we have Credits? There are no incentives to hold them, yet, and no plain English explanation in the wallet as to what can, could, would or should be happening.

Don't take me wrong, I think you've done a fantastic job so far and I believe in the scheme.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:01:53 PM

I'm not interested in mining Credits anymore at all. So options 1&2 are for me not the way forward, the future is about customer services and what can you bring compared to other coins. Options 6 would be the most important as once on par with Bitcoin-core the Credits wallet can be developed with more services in mind, options 5 for example. Options 3&4 would be nice at some point.

The most important question, for me, is what do Credits bring to the crypto World or what do we do once we have Credits? There are no incentives to hold them, yet, and no plain English explanation in the wallet as to what can, could, would or should be happening.

Don't take me wrong, I think you've done a fantastic job so far and I believe in the scheme.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I will consider what you've written carefully. And no, I'm not taking you wrong, it's quite important input. I'll try to write up a longer answer to your thoughts tomorrow. A bit late for me right now.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:01:08 PM

Version 0.9.1.75 of Credits client released. Update focusing on stability.

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This is a version that focuses on stability.

Updates in this release:
- 0.9.1.75 is a minor release, improving on block download and parallell chain sync.
- Removed restriction to wait for Bitcoin blockchain download until Credits download starts.
- Added on disk storage for orphaned Bitcoin and Credits blocks. This improves download times and
  decreases bandwidth usage.
- Orphaned Credits blocks parsed as soon as the corresponding Bitcoin block arrives. This helps both
  blockchain progress in parallel.
- Improved ui, showing both chains download progress from start, instead of Credits blockchain
  showing "No block source available" info.
- Hanging ui improvements, due to parallelisation of Bitcoin and Credits blockchain download.

--------------------------------

How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Credits-Qt (on Mac) or
creditsd/credits-qt (on Linux).

!!!BEFORE YOU START THE WALLET, MAKE SURE TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF THE FILES CREDITS_WALLET.DAT
AND BITCOIN_WALLET.DAT, IF YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS INSTALLATION.!!!

The syncing process can be quite long, depending on your computer and your network. Between one and two days is not uncommon, if you are not initialising from a prebuilt working directory, distributed with a torrent.

Start credits-qt with the command:
credits-qt.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

or start creditsd with the command:
creditsd.exe -reindex -checklevel=2

Once installation is done, we highly recommend you to bootstrap the blockchain download and sync by downloading an up to date working directory:
Quick initialisation from torrent file

--------------------------------

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:15:33 PM

I'm getting an error on my Antergos Linux. The error is 'A fatal error occurred. Credits can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: St9bad_alloc       
std::bad_alloc       
bitcredit in Runaway exception'

Not sure if it is because of my system missing some dependencies or the wallet.

On a side note, how about a QT5 wallet? I had to get QT4 libs installed for the wallet and error might be related to it.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 11:01:33 AM

The new wallet is very stable, no freezing anymore while loading the blockchain or coming out of sleep modus.

But one small error is there. On the claim bitcoins tab in the bottom right, the number does not get updated when new coins are found to be added. I don't know if that only happens when the notebook comes from sleep mode. When i chose all inputs then the amount on top might be higher than the amount in the bottom right.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:18:13 PM

I'm getting an error on my Antergos Linux. The error is 'A fatal error occurred. Credits can no longer continue safely and will quit.

On a side note, how about a QT5 wallet? I had to get QT4 libs installed for the wallet and error might be related to it.

Are you building from source? Not sure how a dependency can be missing otherwise?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:18:39 PM

The new wallet is very stable, no freezing anymore while loading the blockchain or coming out of sleep modus.

But one small error is there. On the claim bitcoins tab in the bottom right, the number does not get updated when new coins are found to be added. I don't know if that only happens when the notebook comes from sleep mode. When i chose all inputs then the amount on top might be higher than the amount in the bottom right.

Aha, thanks for the input. Will look into that.

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

Are you building from source? Not sure how a dependency can be missing otherwise?
No, not building from source. Using the executables and it used to work no problem but this time not.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 07:32:52 AM

Very excited to see the new client releases roll out Gabriel!

I'll have to get into town and get on some decent WIFI and download the new client.. Running .52 still Tongue

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GrandeMar

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 11:51:44 AM

It's sad that Credits get delisted from exchange C-CEX.com

Is there any plan for maybe to see CRE at some other exchange ?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 12:18:11 PM

Why is that? Missing trading volume or did something happen that i missed?

I think the distribution of credits are interesting. Marketingable.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
GrandeMar

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 12:57:55 PM

Why is that? Missing trading volume or did something happen that i missed?

I think the distribution of credits are interesting. Marketingable.

Yes, a lot of coins will be delisted from C-CEX.com because of low trading volume.

Maybe it is time to revive those marketing activities, so CRE coin could be more interesting for some long term investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: