Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
Markov

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:14:08 PM

Any news on the new wallet?

I can't find it anywhere. I don't mind beta testing it if needs be.

Hey Markov, thanks for the offer. See the post above for info regarding some unforeseen problems in the final stages of testing. Would you like me to publish a binary that you can do beta testing with?

No problem. Send me a link in PM and I'l pick it upin 2 hours once at home.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:25:28 PM

So when i understand it correctly then Proof of Deposit is, unlike staking, only working when you mine credits with POW. Since i dont mine POW its out of question for me.

Then the distribution means that all bitcoin addresses that held bitcoins in the last three months hold credits too?

Then if you dont have a standard bitcoin wallet how to claim them?

By the way... all future bitcoin users? You dont exchange your bitcoins to credits, right? Then if i claim credits and then send bitcoins the bitcoins to someone then this user cant claim credits for the same bitcoins, right?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:12:41 PM

So when i understand it correctly then Proof of Deposit is, unlike staking, only working when you mine credits with POW. Since i dont mine POW its out of question for me.

Then the distribution means that all bitcoin addresses that held bitcoins in the last three months hold credits too?

Then if you dont have a standard bitcoin wallet how to claim them?

By the way... all future bitcoin users? You dont exchange your bitcoins to credits, right? Then if i claim credits and then send bitcoins the bitcoins to someone then this user cant claim credits for the same bitcoins, right?

Gabriel can answer the second half of your question better, but regarding POW, you don't even have to contribute hashing power to mine CRE. You can offer the deposit to a miner that needs a deposit to contribute work.

There's 2 things needed for block validation, work (POW) but also deposits (POD). POW mining is not the only way to "get" credits Smiley

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

Exactly SebuJ!

That is where the sidechain comes in. The Credits client actually tracks all BTC that has been used to claim Credits from to ensure that it isn't used again. It's quite a neat and unique feature.

Everyone was a big fan of CLAM's distro method. This is sort of the next step by allowing a rolling timeframe in which users can migrate to CRE.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
binmon

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:53:47 PM

It would be nice if i could send coins......  when trying, i get an "assertion failure"

Yes, could you give a log output or a screenshot or both. Is it BTC or CRE?

And which version are you running?

I am using 0.9.1.60...  cannot for the life of me figure out how to paste my screenshot here.. clicking on the "insert image" puts this in my window, but i cannot paste anything:   

the popup window is titled "MinGW Runtime Assertion"
Then there is an "X" on a red background, and the message "Assertion failed"
Then:  Program: C:\Users\WJI\AppData\Roaming\Credits\credits-qt.ext
File: miner.cpp, Line 1021

Expression: false

and then buttons to "Abort", "Retry", or "Ignore"

the debug log is huge, even for the last few minutes......   don't think i should post that here, but will do whatever will help... let me know.

Thank you.

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:53:19 AM

deposits to c-cex do not work. looks like their wallet is stuck. at least it shows block 336 as current on the coin page.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:42:29 AM

Hey Markov, thanks for the offer. See the post above for info regarding some unforeseen problems in the final stages of testing. Would you like me to publish a binary that you can do beta testing with?

Here's a publicly available pre-release that you can test from:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17428

Feel free to experiment with it, instructions are in the post. Get back to me if you want to test and let's see how it goes.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:44:45 AM

deposits to c-cex do not work. looks like their wallet is stuck. at least it shows block 336 as current on the coin page.

It is probably due to that the syncing of the wallet takes some time. I'm having ongoing discussions with yuri from C-Cex on the progress.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:46:23 AM

Exactly SebuJ!

That is where the sidechain comes in. The Credits client actually tracks all BTC that has been used to claim Credits from to ensure that it isn't used again. It's quite a neat and unique feature.

Everyone was a big fan of CLAM's distro method. This is sort of the next step by allowing a rolling timeframe in which users can migrate to CRE.

MRKLYE explains it quite well here so there's not much to add from my side.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:52:52 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 11:07:51 AM by Gabriel Eiger

The wallet is still syncing but if this was the page you looked at previously, it appears to have moved 13000 blocks in the last few hours:
https://c-cex.com/?p=cre-btc

Current block height is somewhere at 29000 blocks so if it continues in that pace, your deposits should be active soon.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:00:57 AM

Feel free to experiment with it, instructions are in the post. Get back to me if you want to test and let's see how it goes.

I will give it a little try out - downloading now

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:04:21 AM

It would be nice if i could send coins......  when trying, i get an "assertion failure"

I am using 0.9.1.60...  cannot for the life of me figure out how to paste my screenshot here.. clicking on the "insert image" puts this in my window, but i cannot paste anything:   

the debug log is huge, even for the last few minutes......   don't think i should post that here, but will do whatever will help... let me know.

Thank you.

It's a bit of an odd place to get an exception if you are trying to send Credits. The file you are referring to is used for mining (miner.cpp) and the function on line 1021 (IncrementExtraNonce) isn't used when sending coins, as far as I can see.

I'm of course not saying you are wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of exactly what is happening.

If you restart the wallet and try to send coins, are you getting the same error?

MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 01:14:24 PM

Very pleased to announce that Credits (CRE) has been added to C-cex.com exchange!
It has been paired with both BTC as well as USD. I've tried out the exchange and it appears to be working!

Remember, All BTC users likely have Credits waiting for them! Credits claims at a 1:1 ratio with the Bitcoin in addresses you own. Smiley
For more information you can visit CreditsClient.com. Site is still being worked on and updated so it will have more info in the coming days.
(If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them here)

TRADING IS NOW LIVE!

BUY CREDITS! SELL CREDITS!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
binmon

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:45:57 PM

Thank you.

It's a bit of an odd place to get an exception if you are trying to send Credits. The file you are referring to is used for mining (miner.cpp) and the function on line 1021 (IncrementExtraNonce) isn't used when sending coins, as far as I can see.

I'm of course not saying you are wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of exactly what is happening.

If you restart the wallet and try to send coins, are you getting the same error?

I know nothing except that's what happened, lol..   A few minutes later, windows interjected with a message about running this in compatibility mode, so after that happened, the wallet and transfer of CRE to C-Cex worked....

And i don't know how many hours it took, but C-Cex DOES show they received my CRE, and it is in my account, so as of right now (or actually some time ago, i don't know when...)  C-Cex is working too.

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:50:46 AM

Quick update from me: I'm still syncing the blockchain after 12 hours on 2 different systems, 1 on Windows 10 and the other on Linux. It seems to take a lot more time than it did last time I did it in full. I'll let you know where it stands in about 12 hours.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:10:46 PM

Quick update from me: I'm still syncing the blockchain after 12 hours on 2 different systems, 1 on Windows 10 and the other on Linux. It seems to take a lot more time than it did last time I did it in full. I'll let you know where it stands in about 12 hours.

I've finished syncing both wallets, Linux Arch and Windows 10, and they work properly. It was slower than usual though to sync the blockchains.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:39:24 PM

I've finished syncing both wallets, Linux Arch and Windows 10, and they work properly. It was slower than usual though to sync the blockchains.

Ok, thank you very much for the thorough testing. I will publish this version but make sure to get optimisations of sync in place soon. It is most probably a threading issue with the two chains syncing in parallel.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:45:27 PM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

There are no sites as of yet where you can use your credits for leveraging them by for example adding them as deposits. Work is however ongoing in creating a (provable safe) market for deposits.

You can claim credits by installing the credits-qt client, adding your bitcoin wallet to the working dir and let the wallet sync. Once it is in sync, you can claim credits from the wallet. See this thread for more info:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:26:59 AM

Markov I'm finding the sync is quite a bit more lengthy too after crashing my laptop with my wallet open and having to rebuild it.
From scratch on an Quad core AMD ~2.2 Gh.z laptop its taken over 2 and a half days and I have 16 weeks left on the CRE chain.

P.S. DUMP CRE ON MY FACE BROS Cheesy

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: