Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:58:30 AM

The guys in iceland knows better, but I think we will get newspaper covering not long after May 1 - and from there we expect multiple media attention. There is very good things brewing that we can't disclose yet (media related) that would give auroracoin very good coverage and credibility.

Outside Iceland, medias are contacting us. At first i was proposing paid press release/article, but it is now obvious that it is worthless. We will get full coverage without asking anybody.

Where is all this? I can not see anything.

I am not talking about one or two newspaper, multiple media attention?

Where is the Saturday TV interview? Also, Where is the video about the but stop campaign? I have not seen a bus stop right in the city centre, all are in isolated area with no passenger, I like this coin to succeed but we can not talk without evidence as you lose credibility and people will think is al white smoke. You need to show to the world you mean what you are saying. Only words are not valid. Need to be backup with events and facts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:15:12 AM

Classic pump and dump......again
LadyK

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:40:18 AM

Classic pump and dump......again

Sadly this is the case, Aurora is not different than any other Alt, its all about speculations. There is nothing behind it, all just words.
god.aur

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:02:16 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 11:59:14 AM by god.aur

To the speculators on this chat:

Contrary to almost all other digital currencies, Auroracoin is primarily meant as a medium of exchange (transaction money). Hence, we need fewer speculators and more users. We will unavoidably disappoint the former, as all our activities are designed for slow adoption and growth, avoiding hype and price swings.

Auroracoin is a long-term project that aims to replace the ruined Icelandic monetary system with something better. As such it will have international ramifications if successful, but until then is best left to the Auraráð Foundation core team and the Icelandic people. The Auroracoin awareness campaign that has recently begun will stretch over many months, and be followed by field-adoption activities over the next year or so.

We neither need nor want to prove anything to the outside world until we have adoption success to report. In fact, the less international attention the better, so as to keep the AUR/ISK exchange rate in check to facilitate adoption of Auroracoin among Icelanders.
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:05:38 AM

@Skarfur What time does the exchange opening daily in iceland?
adamastor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:06:39 AM

Contrary to almost all other digital currencies, Auroracoin is primarily meant as a medium of exchange (transaction money). Hence, we need fewer speculators and more users. We will unavoidably disappoint the former, as all our activities are designed for slow adoption and growth, avoiding hype and price swings.

Auroracoin is a long-term project that aims to replace the ruined Icelandic monetary system with something better. As such it will have international ramifications if successful, but until then is best left to the Auraráð Foundation and the Icelandic people. The Auroracoin awareness campaign that has recently begun will stretch over many months, and be followed by field-adoption activities over the next year or so.

We neither need nor want to prove anything to the outside world until we have adoption success to report. In fact, the less international attention the better, so as to keep the AUR/ISK exchange rate in check to facilitate adoption of Auroracoin among Icelanders.

Who are you? You speak like you work closely to the dev team
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:19:59 AM

The guys in iceland knows better, but I think we will get newspaper covering not long after May 1 - and from there we expect multiple media attention. There is very good things brewing that we can't disclose yet (media related) that would give auroracoin very good coverage and credibility.

Outside Iceland, medias are contacting us. At first i was proposing paid press release/article, but it is now obvious that it is worthless. We will get full coverage without asking anybody.

Where is the Saturday TV interview? Also, Where is the video about the but stop campaign? I have not seen a bus stop right in the city centre, all are in isolated area with no passenger, I like this coin to succeed but we can not talk without evidence as you lose credibility and people will think is al white smoke. You need to show to the world you mean what you are saying. Only words are not valid. Need to be backup with events and facts.

Sorry to say guys but our main focus is not providing evidence for people here on BCT. We have had tons of requests from users since we opened up the exchange and started to have articles in the papers and news sites and spent a lot of time to handle that and to meet people.

You will not see mass adoption to Auroracoin in a week or a month this is more likely to take a year or two to get decent widespread adoption if you want to be realistic. Of course people outside of Iceland matter in all of this and it will be good to have a live foreign market with Auroracoin but again that is not our main focus and I don't see many people jumping in here to help. I nor anyone on this dev team has any obligation to anyone here. Nobody here is trying to sell or promising you anything. We are all with our day jobs, family and we donate a lot more of our time than we have to this project because we believe in the tremendous social benefits of a cryptocurrency project succeeding. If you like that idea and you like to contribute to this project in any way it's great but if you consider Auroracoin to be some sort of stock that you invested in and expect the group of people here that is donating their money and free time to try and make this project a reality to owe you something, then you are barking up the wrong tree.

I don't know if I sound rude here or not but that's certainly not my intention but I (just like others on working on this project) have reduced my real life work and I cheat my family of time to work on this project because it is something that I passionately believe in and I feel that if we can get enough people involved we can really make a difference in a push for a change. So it sometimes buzzes me a bit when people here act like I owe them something.

The video you mentioned has been recorded. I personally paid someone 1.000 AUR to record it for me because I didn't have the time. It has not been edited because frankly there hasn't been enough time as we are being drowned by work on the exchange, requests from people, we are organising a meeting and other events along with all sorts of development like merchant tools, new wallets, basecode cleanup and updates, website work, foundation work and just a whole lot of other work that needs to be done. Currently we just have so many hands and that is why we are focusing on people here in Iceland as we want to get more people to be really involved and to take part in all of this.

Regarding the TV news video then it was supposed to be shown on Friday but was delayed because the news schedule was packed. I got a message from the reporter saying it would be shown during this weekend but he didn't specify a day. Then as it turns out the weekend news were packed with drama in the upcoming president election that will take place in a couple of months so I wasn't surprised that it wasn't aired during the weekend. I'll contact the reporter today to see when it will be aired or if it will be aired at all. Remains to be seen and we will certainly let people here know if it will be aired and provide a link to it for those who are interested.

Again I truly don't mean this as a rude gesture towards people who are following the progress here, I just felt like I had to straighten out a few things. Smiley
Skarfur

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:24:59 AM

Auroracoin is a long-term project that aims to replace the ruined Icelandic monetary system with something better. As such it will have international ramifications if successful, but until then is best left to the Auraráð Foundation and the Icelandic people. The Auroracoin awareness campaign that has recently begun will stretch over many months, and be followed by field-adoption activities over the next year or so.

god.aur does work closely with the Auraráð foundation. He is both a member and contributes extensively of his time and resources.
Skarfur

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:27:21 AM

@Skarfur What time does the exchange opening daily in iceland?

What do you mean by when does it open?

The exchange is naturally open 24/7 but deposits and withdrawals in Króna are limited to 9:00 - 21:00 on bank days because that is a limitation of our bank system here.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:27:47 PM

The day a lot of people will stop looking at the project as an ''investment'', and start considering it a way to improve peoples lives, including the next generation, we will all reach our goal. We have a chance to ''write history'' - be part of this history, it is how I feel it - and how we hope a lot of people will feel it. It's enought to be treaten like slaves by a handful of banksters raping us all. Why would we accept ?   Or try to copy them ?   Let's stand up and show we can get rid of their criminal fiat system. I have 3 kids, and I just can't accept that some remote criminal control their lives through economic starvation.
adamastor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:30:58 PM

The day a lot of people will stop looking at the project as an ''investment'', and start considering it a way to improve peoples lives, including the next generation, we will all reach our goal. We have a chance to ''write history'' - be part of this history, it is how I feel it - and how we hope a lot of people will feel it. It's enought to be treaten like slaves by a handful of banksters raping us all. Why would we accept ?   Or try to copy them ?   Let's stand up and show we can get rid of their criminal fiat system. I have 3 kids, and I just can't accept that some remote criminal control their lives through economic starvation.

Auroracoin is an investment and a profitable one at that. But it's more than that, it's a vote for this vision you have.
adamastor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:34:37 PM

A big step will be a tech app that allows you to pay for your electricity  with Auroracoin in Iceland.
LadyK

Activity: 227

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:40:43 PM

Sorry to say guys but our main focus is not providing evidence for people here on BCT. We have had tons of requests from users since we opened up the exchange and started to have articles in the papers and news sites and spent a lot of time to handle that and to meet people.

You will not see mass adoption to Auroracoin in a week or a month this is more likely to take a year or two to get decent widespread adoption if you want to be realistic. Of course people outside of Iceland matter in all of this and it will be good to have a live foreign market with Auroracoin but again that is not our main focus and I don't see many people jumping in here to help. I nor anyone on this dev team has any obligation to anyone here. Nobody here is trying to sell or promising you anything. We are all with our day jobs, family and we donate a lot more of our time than we have to this project because we believe in the tremendous social benefits of a cryptocurrency project succeeding. If you like that idea and you like to contribute to this project in any way it's great but if you consider Auroracoin to be some sort of stock that you invested in and expect the group of people here that is donating their money and free time to try and make this project a reality to owe you something, then you are barking up the wrong tree.

I don't know if I sound rude here or not but that's certainly not my intention but I (just like others on working on this project) have reduced my real life work and I cheat my family of time to work on this project because it is something that I passionately believe in and I feel that if we can get enough people involved we can really make a difference in a push for a change. So it sometimes buzzes me a bit when people here act like I owe them something.

The video you mentioned has been recorded. I personally paid someone 1.000 AUR to record it for me because I didn't have the time. It has not been edited because frankly there hasn't been enough time as we are being drowned by work on the exchange, requests from people, we are organising a meeting and other events along with all sorts of development like merchant tools, new wallets, basecode cleanup and updates, website work, foundation work and just a whole lot of other work that needs to be done. Currently we just have so many hands and that is why we are focusing on people here in Iceland as we want to get more people to be really involved and to take part in all of this.

Regarding the TV news video then it was supposed to be shown on Friday but was delayed because the news schedule was packed. I got a message from the reporter saying it would be shown during this weekend but he didn't specify a day. Then as it turns out the weekend news were packed with drama in the upcoming president election that will take place in a couple of months so I wasn't surprised that it wasn't aired during the weekend. I'll contact the reporter today to see when it will be aired or if it will be aired at all. Remains to be seen and we will certainly let people here know if it will be aired and provide a link to it for those who are interested.

Again I truly don't mean this as a rude gesture towards people who are following the progress here, I just felt like I had to straighten out a few things. Smiley

Hahahaha now it will take 2 years, Yuo are a simple alt coing like many out there when they can not deliver then they say is a long project that will take years lol. I have heard that so many times, You can not even make a video of all the bus stop!! I am out of here! Good luck! Newspaper, TV and bla bla bla..Goodbye
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:41:23 PM

A big step will be a tech app that allows you to pay for your electricity  with Auroracoin in Iceland.

I supported Aurora Coin from the beginning. its nice to see, its getting along and is getting further development.
adamastor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:43:58 PM

god.aur does work closely with the Auraráð foundation. He is both a member and contributes extensively of his time and resources.

Great.

I have no expectations of any of you guys but I would like to know more about the big banks in Iceland and the foundations relationship with them up until now and into the future.
adamastor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:49:53 PM

This webpage from landsbanki says i as a foreigener can open a bank account in iceland

https://www.landsbankinn.com/personal/faq/

Is this true?
Skarfur

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:10:35 PM

This webpage from landsbanki says i as a foreigener can open a bank account in iceland

Is this true?

Yes but you need a social ID that is given specifically for that purpose and you need to be present here in Iceland to get it. Fairly standard I would guess.
Skarfur

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:13:49 PM

Great.

I have no expectations of any of you guys but I would like to know more about the big banks in Iceland and the foundations relationship with them up until now and into the future.

What relationship?

The foundation doesn't have any relationship with the banks for the exception of having a bank account for normal operations and I don't see the foundation having any kind of relationship with any of the banks unless they would start to work towards Auroracoin adoption which I think is very unlikely.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:14:29 PM

Is this true?

Yes but you need a social ID that is given specifically for that purpose and you need to be present here in Iceland to get it. Fairly standard I would guess.

"social ID" = "kennitalia" ?!?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:21:50 PM

Is this true?

"social ID" = "kennitalia" ?!?

Yes. "Kennitala" is your birthday example 12   Month example 05 and year example 93 than 4 extra digits ending with the decate you were born so standard kt =120593-2549
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: